Start by marking “Rook (Broken Bows MC, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Rook (Broken Bows MC, #1.5)

Rook

(Broken Bows MC #1.5)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Originally a part of The 7 anthology, Rook is the novella that ties KING to PAWN in the Broken Bows Duet. Do not miss the story that started it all.

True
Forgive me father for I have sinned. Oh, how I’ve sinned and sinned. Even my brother’s pious meddling can’t undo the damage I’ve done. As VP of the Broken Bows MC I’m content to be the devious, dark and dangerous twin. I l
Rebranded, 64 pages
Published July 19th 2018 (first published October 23rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Rook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rook

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionAll the covers for this series are basically the same so all my comments will remain the same as well for each book. I like the cover on this one a lot. Obviously, it is a great representation of the story (and series). It has good composition and title work as well.description

description

descriptionYesh, this one was cringe-worthy. Not in a "this is a bad book" way, but there was WAY too much cutting and blood. *shiver* That said, this was another great addition to this series. Well written and very well paced. The plot was eng
Mimiorphee
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc
“Forgive me, Father, for I am about to sin.”

Rook, previously published under the name of Envy, is a standalone but it's also meant to tie together the two parts of the Broken Bows MC duet (King and Pawn).

In this book, the complicated family dynamics between DG, True (Bracken) and Strike (Kyden) come to light. Kyden's story was only scratched in King but it intrigued me and I needed to know more. And I'm glad Rook didn't disappoint, it even went beyond what I had expected: action, mystery and h
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
"The wall that held the good within and the bad out has broken off. The bad is free now. The evil is tantalizing and whirling around me like smoke. The thick tendrils are palpable. I wish to cause mayhem and destruction."

Dark, twisted, and haunting....I ate this one up like my favorite ice cream!! This Author needs to write dark forever and ever, AMEN. (no pun intended.) So much delightful depravity in a novella and I was intoxicated like spring break in college, wanting more, more, more. Pushin
Joelle
Rook aka previously published as Envy

I will say that after reading this story about True & Kyden's story I was emotionally involved to the very end.This was such a heart wrenching tale to touch one's heart.

True was another MC member that I despised from the very beginning of meeting him so his actions and misdeeds in this story were no big surprise to me.

All ready despising True's character I didn't think he could sink any lower ."He did!" Tormenting your brother who is a priest! Your a very
Arien/Sloan
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your average story of the seven deadly sins. This one being Envy. I was so totally drawn in by this story and couldn’t put it down till the end. You fall in love with the story of a bad boy gone do gooder, this Father just wants to help his flock and be absolved of his sins. The sins that he feels choking and clawing at him every day.
With his past right in his congregation and his one true love seeming to taunt him at every turn, his sinning is something behold. When pushed to the brink, wha
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
The darker side of Kerri Ann is just ...... sheer brilliance

Welcome to the dark side of Kerri Ann. ENVY has it all: envy, jealousy, lust, hatred and love. It is a very ominous look at a priest in a Catholic Church - his highs and his very deep lows. For such a short novella, there was such an intense experience in all of the character's emotions. A tale of two brothers who couldn't be any further apart on the personality spectrum - they are the definitive personas of good and evil.

I love Kerri
Kari Hansen
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One night changed Kyden’s life when he realized that being the son of the President of the MC wasn’t the life for him so he turned his back on his family and became a priest. He has spent his life atoning for the sins he committed and witnessed but he can’t help wanting what could have been.

Now he is being drawn back into the fold by any means necessary but how far will he go to ensure that doesn’t happen?

This story is an adventure from the first page that you won’t be able to put down as the tw
Mary Brannian
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One arrow, two pieces. One Devil’s Guide, two sons. A matched set… “Blessed is the arrow that strikes true.”
Two brothers; one a leader of a local motorcycle gang; in charge of drug running, sex trafficking, and worse. The other, answering the call to God, becoming a priest. Two sides of the same coin, good vs. evil…. Or are they?
Father Kyden Madox is a priest; it’s his duty to tend to his flock: to hear their confessions and assign penance. Kyden finds himself envious of all the pleasures of liv
Angela
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.0 Stars

Envy is a sin that Father Kyden cannot stop breaking. He is envious of the parishioners that cannot seem to stop breaking their faith, but are able to absolve their guilt and deeds. His past deeds have created an insatiable envy for absolution that he cannot have. Now the president of the Broken Bows MC is back, and if Father Kyden is not careful, his brother will drag him right back into the hell that he is trying is forget.

I think this was definitely one of the darker books in this se
Ree
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Seeing it firsthand, feeling their wants, and dealing with the confessions of the fake repentant souls that cross my threshold, it leaves me wanton—envious of their absolution."

A man of the cloth, realising he is just as human as the rest of us, yet burdened by guilt with that knowledge, punishes himself for his mistakes, feelings, and lingering desires with blood. This tale puts a dark undertone on the saying "Like father, like son". In this case, two sons are caught in the shadow of a man tha
Milena
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I am a big fan of Kerri Ann so of course I had to read this story. It was fantastic! Even though I knew it was going to be a dark read I was rooting for Ky to get a happy resolution. The story was jam packed with emotions and left me questioning wether or not Ky had anything to be envious of. It would be great if Kerri Ann developed this story into something more as I'm dying to know what happens after it ends.
M L Dyson
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What in the ever loving heck did I just read??? I wanna strangle Kerri Ann right now!!! OMG this book was crazy!! Envy.....one of the seven deadly sins, right? Well this book was full of that and oh so much more. The story was not what I thought it would be at all!! The emotions I felt? Think of a rainbow because they were all there - love, hate, envy and retribution are just a small part of this spectacular story!! There is always a price to pay for your sins.......what will be your penance? Am ...more
Momma Hellmouth
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s, review-tour
My Review of The 7: Envy (The Seven #5)
by Kerri Ann
My Rating 4.5 Stars
When I first saw this collection was coming to fruition I wanted to read them all, I wasn’t sure what I would be reading since it’s all the Seven Deadly Sins, and who knows where that could go within these pages.
Kerri has definitely put her dark and twisted pen to this read. Envy, is something we all struggle with and this has good vs evil going on. We get two brothers a priest and a whole lot of adventure wrapped up in these
Becky Baldridge
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Envy is gritty and reaches into the depths of darkness inside a man trying to escape his past. The subject matter of Kyden's story is disturbing and twisted and may be objectionable to some. It's a story of a man conflicted by faith and family and searching for redemption, but is there redemption for the darkest parts of the soul? And if not, how far will that darkness push to be released? The answer to that would give spoilers and this one needs to be read spoiler-free.
Pat
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This is the first book that I have read from Kerri Ann and it definitely will not be the last! This is a book that will totally yank you right into the well planned out plot about two brothers, one became a priest and the other is a president of an MC! I totally became so enthralled with this story that I could not put it down until I finished the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Belinda Visser
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!! Kerri has done it again and has left me speechless. What the what did I just read. My goodness. Envy blew me away. This novella is a little dark, twisted, intense, and emotion from anger, love to hate and jealousy.
Envy has left me in a withdrawal state and seriously was not able to focus on reading a another book. I didn’t want the book to end. Thank you very much Kerri but honestly everyone needs to read this book. Absolutely fantastic book and loved it.
Heather Swan
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! I'm not sure what I expected with this one, but I really liked it! It was really dark and kept me on the edge of my seat. A rollercoaster of emotion that I wasn't really expecting. If you like dark, twisted, and intense...give this one a go!
Myen
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What in the world? Envy caught me by surprise... it has sinful aura.. dangerous somehow but yet it kept taunting you to do bad things..

Father Kayden is a man with a dark past... leaving the world he was ... devoting himself in away to clean his soul but temptation keep on lurking and there is a consequence..

Its a dark novella with heavy material and sinister in a way.. Forgive me for I have sin...😈😈
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This story reallY blew me away! Two twins, shared souls, one chooses a dark path while the other tries to break free and find a more righteous way! Envy wins out bringing forth the anger from within! Not willing to give in one chooses the path unthinkable!

Amazing story! There is some aspect of romance but I loved the fact that it was more solely focused on the aspect of envy and showing how that is eating up the two brothers!
Mindy Mccray
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kerri Ann is a new to me author and I had no clue what to expect! This is definatly not what I expected, but I'm always up for a good dark read!
Tori Carlson
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark
Envy, Jealousy, Covetous, all very good words for this book. When I picked it up and it was labeled romance though I have to admit a deep surprise. I didn't find any sort of romance really entrenched in this book outside of remote feelings of attraction towards our main lady Scarlett. So if that's what your looking for beware. But the rest of this book....I have no words for it. It literally had me spinning and thinking about not only MC's but the way one looks at the Father of a Catholic Church ...more
Cassy
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! Kerri Ann continues to astound me. In Envy she has once again stepped out of her box, which has been expanding, and provided an amazing novella that showcases the struggles we all face of good versus evil. She also shows that it's not always black and white.
This was an intense and dark read that left me hanging on the edge of my seat, taking me on a roller coaster ride, and I loved it. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Darlene
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy smokes! That may be sacrilegious given that the main character is a priest, but each of these books in "the 7" has been a mind-blowing experience. NOTHING like I expected (which is good). The dynamics between the main character and his brother, who is the president of the local MC is...intense. Expect the unexpected - it's the best I can say without giving anything away. Kudos to ALL the authors for how they've put these stories together and kudos to Kerri Ann for "Envy".
Hattie Loggins
Shelves: reviews
Kerri Ann actually rendered me speechless! That is no small feat. I just finished reading Envy. I cannot believe this story. If I did not know emphatically that Kerri Ann wrote this story, I would be hounding every book store around to buy all the books written by a new author. This is a dark, intense read that details the conflicts between brothers. It trips every emotion from rage and love to hate and envy! It is so true to life that I had to stop after reading it to comprehend all of my diffe ...more
Katie Sadan
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Envy!!

Holy Darkness!!

If you’re a lover of dark reads then you’ve got to read this book!! I’m not sure what I expected as this author is new to me. This book is the ultimate battle between good and evil, and has left me speechless 😶. I will say that it definitely left me with a lot to think about, manly what lengths is a person willing to go to, to purge themselves of evil!! This review is based off an ARC.
Ann
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read an ARC of this book for an honest review for the author -For a novella this book had so much depth and emotion I was blown away. The prevailing theme of good versus evil is definitely not cut and dry. There is grey hues which cloud our perceptions and judgements. The twin brothers are shown has divided entities of the furthest ranges of norm, but truly they had more in common with being in the middle. In some ways the ending is befitting of the brothers and who they are, an ...more
Kim  Brewing
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went into this blindly simply because I've enjoyed the authors other work that I've read.

What a freaking ride! It is a bit dark but not in a way that is going to give me nightmares. We all have demons inside of us and how we deal with them is what makes us unique. Kyden has been dealing with his the best way he can, but he can't get past his sin of Envy and is constantly seeking absolution for his sin. For a short story this packs on heck of a punch and I didn't see that ending coming at all.
Candi Rochester
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Fuck you, the devil you rode in on, and the wings of the demon that bred us.”

Never in a million years would I have expected Kerri Ann to step out of her box and write something like this. This story was more than twists and turns for me. It was a roller coaster ride from start to finish with an ending I didn't see coming, even with a little pre-warning. By the end I had been raised to the top off a free fall and let loose with no safety net to catch me. I want to kill for the story ending but t
Gina Burkart
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a intense book. The book will take you on a ride that is dark and twisted. The book was hard to put down and keep you right with the writer and get the feelings coming off the pages
Lacy Mercado
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the book . It's different kind story. I can't wait to read more book from this author.
« previous 1 3 next »
Avid reader, lover of words. To me, picking a book, is like grabbing a movie. If it's wrote well, the story leaps off the page at you, giving you characters that are tangible. I love to make them come to life, and I hope the stories of mine become well loved. I can be found on these other pages.
BookBub:
Instagram:
Fa

Broken Bows MC (3 books)
  • King (Broken Bows MC, #1)
  • Pawn (Broken Bows MC, #2)
  • Queen