Start by marking “DeadSteam: A Chilling Collection of Dreadpunk Tales of the Dark and Supernatural” as Want to Read:

Reader beware: to open this tome is to invite dread into your heart. Every page you turn will bring you closer to something wicked. And when the dead begin to rise from the steaming pits of hell, only then will you discover that it is already too late. Your life is forfeit.

Featuring an introduction by Leanna Renee Hieber, author of the Eterna Files and Strangely Beautiful

Published October 6th 2018 by Grimmer & Grimmer Books

To ask other readers questions about DeadSteam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DeadSteam

✨Tamara
I expected more.
A collection of dark/horror stories in steampunk fashion. This collection is brought together for the first time in one volume.
Okay I apologize for sounding like a dinosaur but I really don't know who this book is aimed at. Who exactly is the target audience? If it's adults then I have to say it failed miserably. However if it's pre teens and young adults, it's pretty good. I'm assuming that's where this book was supposed to be heading.
Some of the stories are cute. None of them a
Bedelya (clockwork.bookdragon) Moreno-Roth
What a reading delight!! This dreadpunk (steampunk horror) anthology is a perfect way to get in the Halloween mood. These story’s are reminiscent of classic penny dreadfuls and gothic horror.

I especially loved the tales where vampires were the focus. Like Anthony in Red by Jen Ponce and The Case of the Murderous Migraine by Karen J. Carlisle. I haven’t read gothic vampire tales in a while and forgot how much I enjoy those tales.

Additionally, I absolutely was spooked by Harvesters by E. Seneca.
Jessica Rachow
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never read dreadpunk, and I was immediately intrigued when the opportunity to read DeadSteamcame up. I’m glad I did! It put me right back into the Halloween mood.

I’m having trouble picking a favorite short story, they were all great in their own right. I think some of these stories even deserve their own film novels.

I definitely recommend checking these short stories out. They are chilling and an interesting blend of horror and steampunk.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my ho
Noelle Kelly
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was on the book cover reveal and trailer for Dead Steam, the trailer was unbelievable so I jumped at the chance to review it.
Best Read
When you want to get lost in a bygone era of steam trains, betrayal and horror.

My Thoughts on the Book
I must confess that I know very little about steampunk as a genre but I absolutely loved this book. The quirky takes are set in a Victorian time of séances, resuscitation of the dead, scientific discoveries, mayhem and murder.

Each story is original and quirky an
Jessica Bronder
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a delightful collection of seventeen dreadpunk horror stories, think Penny Dreadfuls. I have never heard of dreadpunk but I have to say I have fallen in love with these stories. They include several stories full of vampires, zombies, witches and so much more. There is a story or to that will delight anyone that enjoys the horrors of the world.

I know I missed Halloween and this book would have been perfect. But I still got the chance to dance in its pages amount the death, blood, and gore
Kay
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DeadSteam: A Chilling Collection of Dreadpunk Tales of the Dark and Supernatural is a great book for a newbie to dreadpunk like me. Filled with stories that excite and tantalize the mind, I was on the edge of my seat for many of these short stories. A great book to light some candles to, turn on the fire place and read in the chilly coldness this winter season.
Lori Tiron-Pandit
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lawrence Salani
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
E Seneca
Oct 08, 2018
Darcy
Jul 16, 2018
Bryce Raffle
Aug 29, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
David
Aug 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Joy
Sep 03, 2018
Darcy
Aug 05, 2018
Bryce Raffle
Aug 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Joy
Sep 03, 2018
James Dorr
Sep 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Efreak
William Jackson
Sep 19, 2018
Intellectual Magpie
Sep 23, 2018
Bryce Raffle is a Canadian fiction writer living in beautiful British Columbia. He studied English at the University of Manitoba, where he received a bachelor's degree in English with a minor in History. He also received the Dallas Taylor Memorial Prize for academic excellence in Creative Writing. He later studied Sound Design for Visual Media at Vancouver Film School, and worked on a number of fi ...more