Start by marking “The Birth of Gemini (The Signs of the Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Birth of Gemini (The Signs of the Stars, #1)

The Birth of Gemini (The Signs of the Stars, #1)

Years and light-years away, one father must find the courage to do whatever it takes to protect his children ...

As a surgeon for the Mercy Interplanetary Alliance, Micheel Reshi is no stranger to difficult choices. But when his wife, Nabelle, gives brith to their twins, Micheel is horrified to find Callox and Pasher bare the Sign of Gemini on their arms. The bright conste
Paperback, Graphic Novel Edition , 28 pages
Published July 11th 2018 by C. S. Johnson

To ask other readers questions about The Birth of Gemini, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Birth of Gemini

C.S. Johnson
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi again, everyone!

This is a short story I wrote awhile ago, and with help from a talented artist, it's alive with manga illustrations! This is the first short in a series called "The Signs of the Stars," a space opera fantasy where, in the future and far out into the universe, people who are marked with a bright constellation on their skin carry hidden, controversial information about Old Earth in their DNA. A group of people called the Collectors want to abolish the memory of Earth, even if i
Stefanie Rls
– ‘The Magic Of Wor(l)ds’ blog (https://themagicofworlds.wordpress.com/) is a hobby, reviews and other bookish stuff on this site are done for free.
I’m grateful of receiving a free copy from the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review of this book. –

As I’m not really familiar with space opera adventures and graphic novel like books I thought ‘The Birth of Gemini’ would be a perfect start for me as it’s only a couple of pages long.
I must say I’m intrigued, not as much by the illustratio
Jessica Belmont
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alright, let me start off by saying Manga is not my first choice. This year, I decided I wanted to try new things because I'm likely missing out on fabulous books just because I *think* I won't like the genre. C.S. Johnson wrote this, and if you've read my reviews in the past, you know she is an auto-read for me, so here we go!

I appreciated that there was a text version and the illustrated version. It's a quick read, less than ten minutes, so I read both. What impressed me the most was C.S. John
Jessica Bronder
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a quick story that talks about the birth of twins to a doctor, Micheel and his wife, Nabelle. They are blessed with twins that have the Sign of Gemini on their arms. This mark is a symbol of the children carrying the hidden code from Earth’s last generation. This is a sign of change that many consider a curse. Those that have these signs have been killed to remove all traces of the Old Earth.

Collectors are those that have been tasked with finding those with the signs and killing them. Sh
Barbara
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
WHY am I running across so many well-written stories that I just cannot like? And to explain WHY I don't care for them, even though they are well-written, would definitely mean spoilers. This is given in both prose and graphic form and can, indeed, be read in 20 minutes unless one really wants to peruse the line drawings (after a LONG day I did not).
Bethany Jennings
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intense, intriguing...absolutely gut-wrenching ending! Loved this piece.
Terri Rand
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this short story. It is a very quick read, but it definately packs a punch. That ending!! Wow. I am looking forward to more.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Being labeled a graphic novel, I was surprised the text version was put before the graphics. The story was ok, but with no context of the society and the way this particular universe works, things were a little confusing. Well written otherwise, I think the story will make more sense after I read the next book in the series.
Christina Morley
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm surprised at how intense a short story science-fiction graphic novel can be! This one truly packs emotion and suspense in just a few pages. I'm worried for the parents and the newborn twins. What will happen next?
Edna Moore-burke
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick & sweet beginning to the Signs of the Stars series.
It was amazing to read what parents will do to save their children.
I look forward to the series. Great Job.
Katie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extremely quick read, but a great story with a lot of heart. Always looking forward to more from this writer.
Michael Miller
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not one for spoilers so you don’t have to worry about that here. But I do want to talk with specifics about the first few lines. Why? I thought it was a brilliant showcase of Johson’s skill as a writer. The story opens with the birth of the twins, Callox and Pasher, who will be the center of her upcoming series. To take something as beautiful and natural as childbirth and set it on a medical starship, thus grounding us in this sci-fi world the story takes place in, but then underscore it’s t ...more
Helgaleena Healingline
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another astrology fable by CS Johnson with anime style illustrations. Also check out The Serpent Bearer and the Prince of Stars, here.

As in The Birth of Gemini, CS Johnson has a unique perspective on the Zodiac.
Esther
Melancholic Blithe
Jun 14, 2019
Patty Mele
Jun 20, 2019
C. S. Johnson is the award-winning, genre-hopping author of several novels, including young adult sci-fi and fantasy adventures such as the Starlight Chronicles series, the Once Upon a Princess saga, and the Divine Space Pirates trilogy. With a gift for sarcasm and an apologetic heart, she currently lives in Atlanta with her family. Find out more at http://www.csjohnson.me.