Start by marking “Safeguard” as Want to Read:
Safeguard

Safeguard

The job was supposed to be simple:
Guard a beautiful, fiery redhead.
Keep her safe.
And DO NOT touch her.

But for Chase Taylor, protecting Melanie Quinn is the only thing that makes sense to him since he returned home from the military.

Melanie had given up on love until she meets her new bodyguard, a man she can’t seem to stop thinking about. She trusts him with her protect
Published August 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Safeguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safeguard

K. Nilsson
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, romcom
Safeguard is like having a piece of milk chocolate after a low-carb diet that lasted too long. It's a guilty pleasure, sweet and sexy. Ms. Kelley created a delicious romantic comedy. The characters have a push me-pull you attraction for each other.

Adorable and sassy, Melanie Quinn is a known local newscaster with a little problem, she’s got a stalker. Her boss hired a security company to follow her around just in case someone attacks her.

Chase had a crush on Melanie since he spotted her in a c
Renee
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Protecting her is easy. Falling for he is dangerous. Love her could destroy them both. Melanie Quinn has give up on finding a man until she meets her sexy new bodyguard with an irresistible smile. She trust him with her protection but refuses to hand over her heart. Chase Taylor is lost since coming home from the military. He's given up on life until he lands a job as a bodyguard for a beautiful, fier
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Melanie has given up on love until she meets Chase. He is also her bodyguard. Queue up that Bodyguard soundtrack. Chase has battle scars from his time in the military. Will they let their guard down and love each other or will they be brutally ripped away from one another?

I freaking loved this story. There was suspense, sexy times, and strong characters. The characters were relatable and easily to connect to.

This author has gained a fan in me. I will always run to her books. I wil
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is part of the Meet Me in Savannah collection. This books adds a bit of romantic suspense to the world building. We get to see Kane Security in action again.

As with all the books in the collection, the idyllic setting of Savannah almost becomes one of the characters. In this case, it's the ocean and t he calm that helps our H and h to heal.

Chase and Melanie aren't looking for any type of romance. Chase is assigned to guard Melanie and all the sparkly zings between them lead to them crossi
Paula
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
FunUndertheCovers
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars...how can anyone resist a swoon worthy hero and a feisty heroine?! Another new to me author...I’ve really lucked out lately with these books and authors from the Meet Me in Savannah Collection!

Lynn
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book by JM Kelley. This book is filled with romance, a connection, suspense and a great characters.

Melanie and Chase have seen each other but never talked. He is home from the military deployment and trying to build his life and takes a job as a security detail. His first client is Melanie as she is being stalked.

They try and fight their chemistry but cannot. There is suspense and readers find out who is stalking Melanie and as Chase and Melanie are honest with one another and the
Jenna Cole
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy bodyguard? Check.
Feisty heroine? Check.
A romantic suspense you can’t put down? Double check!

I’ve got two words for you: Chase Taylor.
He’s is definitely, totally, 100% without a doubt my newest book boyfriend! My heart is still swooning!!

Not only is Captain America super sexy, but he’s totally alpha! Gah!! He’s protective and his words will sweep you off your feet and melt your panties! Oh yeah, and did I mention he’s a bodyguard and Marine? (I told you this book was good!)

Melaine Quinn is
Leslee
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chase left the military and came home adrift. Aimless he passes the days by going to the coffee shop to see the gorgeous redhead that comes in. Tired of getting nowhere fast, Chase reaches out to an old friend for a job working security. Melanie moved to Savannah to start over after she caught her ex cheating on her. Not interested in dating, she stops in at the coffee shop so she can get her fix of the guy she nicknamed Captain America. Working in the public eye as a newscaster means you attrac ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
After two tours of duty in the military, Chase Taylor is working at a friend’s security company and is just going through the motions with regards to his life. He’s an emotional mess and just wants to be left alone. Is only interest is the fiery redhead he’s seen but never spoken to whenever he’s at his local cafe. He’s never had the chance to get up close and personal, or wanted to, until she literally falls at his feet on the first day of his job.
Melanie Quinn had spotted a hunky guy at her fa
Kasey McCarthy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chase joins the military after a family tragedy. It was hard but he had the woman he loved so he thought everything would be ok until the day his world crashed down around him. After his time in Marines, he’s back at home with parents. He decides he needs a change and talks to friend about security job with his company. Melanie works as a host on radio station but is being stalked by someone. Chase’s job is watch Melanie. Chase and Melanie are attracted to one another. Can they catch her stalker ...more
A Book Obsessed Brit
Safeguard is part of the Meet Me in Savannah Collection and my first novel by J.M. Kelley.

The novel centres around Melanie Quinn a local news reporter and Chase Taylor an ex military man now turned personal security. Chase has been hired as protective detail for Melanie when her stalker is getting closer to his/her target.

Melanie is a feisty redhead and has had her eye on a guy in her local coffee shop, she has dubbed as Captain America. When her boss hires a bodyguard for her, Melanie literally
Paula Genereau
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. I fell in love with the lifeguard ❤❤
Messy Bun Book Blog
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every story in the Meet Me in Savannah series! Safegaurd was so amazing! Military/Bodyguard stories are a huge weakness for me and this one is just perfection!! LOVED!!
Emma Nichole
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
As this author's friend, I'm so proud of her for writing this story.
It has a bit of everything. Steamy, suspense, humor. There's something for everyone!
Kathy Wideman
This is the first book I have read by JM Kelley and I really enjoyed it. Chase has been home for a bit from his second deployment and he is having trouble finding his way. He was hurt by an ex that he thought he would spend forever with and that is why he did the second tour to begin with. Now he needs to get his life together and begin moving forward. Melanie is a local anchor of the news. She is tired of being set up on disastrous blind dates by her bestie. Someone has been sending weird lette ...more
Ashley Jasper
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Before the Meet me in Savannah Collection, I had never heard of J.M. Kelley. Since, I was in the mood for something short, steamy and suspenseful and Safeguard sounded like it would fit the bill perfectly. Well it fit the short and the steamy but fell a little short on the suspense for me. That being said I still mostly enjoyed it.

I liked the honest portrayal of a young-ish solider just coming back and getting his feet back under him. And I also enjoyed Melanie's tough yet tender demeanor. Despi
AnneKR
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chase was in the military when he received a letter from a Dear John letter from the girl he thought he would spend his life with. Back at home he struggles to get back to civilian life and forget about his ex. He starts working as a bodyguard for his friend’s security company. Grateful for the opportunity his friend has given him, he vows to do the best he can at his job. But that will become difficult to do once he lays eyes on his new client – the fiery, beautiful red-head he admires from afa ...more
Karen Hrdlicka
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You gotta love a book that starts with a heartbreaking Dear John letter, especially after you meet the recipient and realize that letter isn't the only heartbreak for Chase in his life. Depressed and despondent JM Kelly's hero, Chase, doesn't know his world is about to shift on its axis when he asks a friend for a job in his security firm. His first assignment: bodyguard to a fiery redhead named Melanie Quinn.
There is so much to like about this book. First, the gorgeous cover. Second, the well-c
Natasha
Who doesn’t love a sexy alpha-ex-military man, well me…. Chase is trying to get his life back on track after years in the service. His new job is to protect a local news reporter that is receiving threats. He just wasn’t prepared for it to be the one woman he loves seeing at the local coffee shop. Melanie is feisty and not afraid to tell what she thinks. Now she is being forced to be off work till they can determine who is threating her, she also didn’t know it was the man she calls “Captain Ame ...more
Lora
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

I enjoyed this story about Melanie, a TV anchor who is receiving threats against her, and Chase, the bodyguard assigned to protect her but can’t seem to not also fall in love with her. This story had a great background mystery that I didn’t put together until the clues were totally obvious.

I enjoyed the background story of Chase and the rough life he’s had. I think Melanie was just needy enough to make Chase feel good, but didn’t let him overrule her life like some heroines
Angela
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Protected by Captain America

Chase gets a ' Dear John ' letter, he thought she was the love of his life , he thought they would be together forever .
When Chase gets back from his tour of duty he isn't the same person , he's given up . Then he sees a stunning redhead in a coffee shop. This woman , Melanie, will change his life.
Melanie dreams about the man she sees in the coffee shop , the man she calls Captain America. He doesn't seem to notice her , & she is to shy to ask him out .
When the t
Lynzi Nguyen
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was short, sexy, and not what I was expecting. I was waiting for it to be a plain Jane sweet, small town love story. But what I got was a bang.

I loved the storyline. I loved the characters. I loved their love story, and all the mystery wrapped around it. I loved the thrill this book had. It wasn't just a boy loves girl book.

The only reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5, was because there were parts where I felt like something was missing. I like my books to be with
Charlene
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another new to me author...I’ve really lucked out lately with these books and authors from the Meet Me in Savannah Collection. 4.5 Stars!

Chase is home from two tours in the military and takes a job at a friend’s security company. When he ends up protecting a woman he’s seen in a coffee shop he frequents, a woman he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about, guarding her body without touching it proves yourself be harder than he thought. Melanie and Chase have both been burned in their love lives b
Teri
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this insta-love short he is recovering from a dear John letter during his tour in hell and finally getting back on his feet. She’s a fiery vixen with a stalker she needs protection from. Great story with some intrigue with the romance about recovery. Both of them are recovering from a past and neither is ready for what the other brings to the table but they can't deny what they have. Now all they need to do is find out who is after her and why.

Great story with twist and turns and yeah some s
Sassy Southern
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good Bodyguard to Lovers romance and this one did not disappoint! Chase and Melanie have intense chemistry right from the start and the drama and suspense surrounding this story had me hooked. I couldn't wait to find out what was going on and find out who it was threatening Melanie.

The prologue is heartbreaking but really sets the story up to get an idea of where Chase is coming from. Once Chase and Melanie meet they are drawn to each other right away and have such a strong connection.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Yikes. I absolutely loved this story. I read way pass my bedtime to finish this... I just couldn’t put it down.

My heart broke for Chase. After leaving the military he’s home but feeling lost.
Melanie has been hurt in the past but she’s a strong character. When Melanie’s life is in danger her boss calls in security... which happens to be Chase. The chemistry between these two is hot.

A well written story. Can’t wait to read more from this author.
Donna
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Safeguard was a fast, fun and sexy read.
What’s not to like ... Alpha sexy badass Marine as your bodyguard! I loved how they kept going to the coffee shop to see if they could spot each other. It was great how they met (lol). They had a sweet relationship and Chase was fiercely protective over Melanie when learning someone was after her.
It was a great read and I would definitely recommend it.
Chikap09
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Safeguard is the story of Melanie Quinn who as recently acquired a stalker. When her boss hires security detail for her she comes face to face (not literally, lol) with a man she's been having a bit of an obsession over herself, Chase. The tension between these two continue to grow as they spend more and more time together. This book was a thoroughly enjoyable and fun read. I would definitely recommend it to those who enjoy their romance with a bit of supense.
Gretchen Chasse
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick paced stalker romance read. Melanie has been crushing on the hot guy in her coffee shop for awhile now, last think she expects is for her boss to hire him as her bodyguard when she starts getting threatening letters. Chase is a new hire assigned to keep Melanie safe, the last thing he needs is to get involved and risk his job but he just cant seem to stay away. A fast paced, instant attraction with some suspense mixed in. A good weekend read.
Romance Retreat: Steamy Romantic Suspense 1 17 Nov 01, 2018 07:22AM
Romance Retreat: Move over Kevin Costner, there's a new bodyguard in town! 1 10 Oct 19, 2018 08:27AM
JM Kelley loves to write sexy hot Romance as much as she loves to read it. She grew up and still resides in Long Island New York with her husband of twenty-eight years and her three sons. She is a lover of baseball and has been a Yankee fan since the day she was born. If you can’t find her reading or writing she’s probably in Disney World since that’s her favorite place in earth.

If you'd like to
“I was so close to giving up on myself and then she smiled at me. I was drawn to her from the moment I laid eyes on her.” 1 likes
“Just that tiny, innocent kiss sparks every nerve ending in my body like a match.” 0 likes