Start by marking “He's Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith Through Chronic Illness” as Want to Read:
He's Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith Through Chronic Illness

He's Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith Through Chronic Illness

Are you a teenager trying to navigate faith through chronic illness? I’m here to tell you, you are not alone.

When sickness takes over your life, it’s a never-ending battle to make it through each day. How do you cope? How do you keep fighting? Most of all though, how do you find God in the midst of the suffering?

Through my own journey of sickness, I’ve struggled with the
Published July 23rd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about He's Making Diamonds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He's Making Diamonds

Start your review of He's Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith Through Chronic Illness
Angela R. Watts
Review to come upon publication. All I can say right now is this is one of the best books I have ever read, and I don't say that lightly. I deeply recommend this book to everyone -- not just teens with illness. It is insightful and profound and moving. Huge congrats to Sara for publishing! ...more
Parker Hankins
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book was very very good!! I found so much truth for my life, even though I don't struggle with illnesses. The illustrations were VERY good, and I caught so much from them. This nonfiction read is absolutely amazing!! I recommend this to anyone! You are sure to find something that applies to your life. Very sure!
Nina Willoughby
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*breaths in* I'msuchaporudsisterIcan'tevenmakethatclearer. Okay, that's out XD I had the pleasure of being an alpha and beta reader, as well as being blessed with such an amazing older sister. I hadn't reviewed the book yet, because I was still figuring out how I could fit everything I wanted into a book review.
Sara, you're my best friend. As much as we both have our own friends all over the world, at the end of the day, your my bff, and I honestly don't know what I would do without you. I
Michaela Bush
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of "He's Making Diamonds". This book was very hard-hitting and inspirational. Anyone who deals with chronic illness, or anyone who is a caregiver or has a family member/friend who deals with chronic illness, would benefit greatly from reading this. What a wonderful way to turn an illness into a blessing for others! It is a powerful reminder that God is sufficient, and while pain exists in our fallen world, He's still there and has a plan for it all.

It's easy to fall into
Mary
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read the book He's Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith in Chronic Illness by S.G. Willoughby. The book contains such wisdom, depth, insight, and encouragement. It was healing, encouraging, enriching, and instructive for me to read, and it made me cry in several places - beginning in the foreword and continuing through the first couple of chapters. Though young, the author of this book is wise far beyond her years, and God is using her to speak to me ...more
Hailey Rose
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara did such a lovely job with all elements of this book. As a young adult with chronic, long-term myself, this book was so encouraging and I'm so grateful this resource is available for any teen or young adult with chronic illness. I appreciated the scripture she included, and the references she left for us to look up ourselves. I can't wait to see what books Sara writes in the future!
Julia at Lit Aflame
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was very impressed by S.G. Willoughby's writing, she made it feel as if she were sitting there talking to you in person. Though this book was written for those with a Chronic-illness, I think this is a great read for anyone. Many of this can be applied to everyday things, it is a book that encourages the reader to endeavor a closer relationship with God. This is a book that you can clearly see God's finger prints
Hailey Hudson
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of being an alpha reader for this book last year, and it was phenomenal--now that it's been through edits and fine-tuning, I know it has only gotten better. Full of Scriptural truth and personal anecdotes, this is a must-read for not only teens with chronic illnesses, but anyone who has experienced struggles in life and is searching for Hope!

October 2019: Reread, super helpful right now
Jodi Guerra
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of this work, and I'm pleased to provide an honest assessment.

Beyond her years in wisdom, maturity, and strength, Sara Willoughby has penned a thought-provoking and soothing account for anyone struggling with chronic illness. At turns both winsome and enlightening, Willoughby does the seemingly impossible: she counsels Biblically without empty platitudes yet encourages with the Word of God.

As a female of some years, I've read my share of self-help books examining
Louise
While not published yet, I had the great privilege of being an alpha and beta reader for this fantastic book. Sara is a dear friend of mine, and I am so proud and excited for her as she brings her book to life. She's so amazing!
Ainsley
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity of being alpha reader and I'm so glad I was able to do that. First of all, I'm so proud of Sara for putting this whole book together, despite dealing with health issues and the fact that she had never published a book before. She did an incredible job and I am so amazed that she could do it (with God's help).

Now about the book. It was super well-written and full of information. I personally gained a lot of insight, being able to learn more about what it's like to have a
Anna
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC ofHe's Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith Through Chronic Illnessfrom the author in exchange for an honest review.

As the full title suggests, this is a Christian nonfiction book about what the author has learned so far in her battle with chronic illness. The book goes through several sections of topics that should strongly resonate with those living with a chronic illness of any age while specializing towards those thoughts from those who are teenagers facing chronic
N.C.R. N.C.R.
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good book. I recommend that everyone read this book. Not everyone may have chronic illness. But everyone experiences hardship. This book was written for people with chronic illness. But think it is great for anybody who is experiencing hardship.
Marli Scarborough
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t have a chronic illness, but as I sit here trying to write when my throat hurts and my head pounds from a simple cold, I’m reminded of the truths described in He’s Making Diamonds: A Teen's Thoughts on Faith Through Chronic Illness. Although the main focus is on trusting God through chronic illness, most of the lessons apply to any trial, no matter how long it lasts. And it’s helpful for anyone to read about chronic illness to better help others who are walking through it.

Sara Willoughby
Heather
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything: tips for teens dealing with chronic illnesses, advise for others who interact with them, biblical perspective, scripture every step of the way, encouragement paired with raw truth, challenges at the end of each chapter, and real life stories. I recommend this book for anyone (not just teens) dealing with chronic illness, and anyone who loves someone suffering from illness.
Aven Duncan
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I also can’t believe the book has been out a full month! I remember signing up for the launch team and getting the pre-read copy of the book and literally reading the entire book the same evening. I ordered the book as soon as Amazon made it available for pre-order (and shippable to Canada). Since then this book has changed my life from little things like saying thank you to my siblings and parents more often and accepting help (most of the time… my sister gets after me for being stubborn when ...more
Theron StJohn
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sara's personal and practical approach brings a biblical perpsective and causes 'He's Making Diamonds' to be an honest and hopeful book for teenagers who battle chronic illness!

See full review at: http://www.entrustedbygod.org/2018/07...
Julie
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I spent 3 years caring for a daughter who was chronically sick and this was fantastic! Several parts brought back such vivid memories that I was in tears. Others were gentle doses of truth from God’s Word. Sprinkled with personal stories and humor, this book accomplished it’s goal. Furthermore, Sara herself is proof of her premise—God uses these trials to make diamonds, and Sara shines bright!
Becca
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very encouraging and relatable book I'd recommend for anyone who had a tough year, not just the chronically ill.
Cheyenne
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never had chronic illness. I've never had Lyme's Disease (though I had one of those ticks that carry it in my arm before). I don't have multiple chemical sensitivities. And I'm not close to anyone who's had any of these. (One of my cousins has had Lyme's Disease, but I was never really close to her because of age difference and the Atlantic Ocean that lies inbetween us.) But, I think that He's Making Diamonds, while originally aimed at those who struggle with chronic illnesses, can be read ...more
Anne Rhys
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Such a great and encouraging book, even if you don't have a chronic illness, I highly recommend it!
Lona Gray
Aug 27, 2019
anika
Oct 24, 2018

• Into the Whirlwind
  • Blue Skies Tomorrow (Wings of Glory, #3)
  • Christmas at the Circus
  • Carry Me Home (New England Inspirations #2)
  • Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope, #2)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • A Bride for Keeps (Unexpected Brides, #1)
  • Wed by Necessity (Smoky Mountain Matches #10)
  • Together Forever (Orphan Train, #2)
  • A Sensible Arrangement (Lone Star Brides, #1)
  • The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance, #2)
  • The Butterfly and the Violin (Hidden Masterpiece, #1)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • The Blue Castle
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • A Moment in Time (Lone Star Brides, #2)
  • The Doctor's Lady