Start by marking “Amish Acres: The Celery Patch: Amish Christian Romance” as Want to Read:
Amish Acres: The Celery Patch: Amish Christian Romance

Amish Acres: The Celery Patch: Amish Christian Romance

(Amish Acres #1)

When a celery patch mysteriously crops up overnight in the Yoder's field, it begins to draw some unwanted suitors competing for Naomi's hand.
When someone grows an oversized patch of celery in Naomi's field, she gets accused of trying to "catch" a husband.

Will rumors spread by a jealous friend damage her reputation and threaten her chances of marrying the man she lo

Published June 22nd 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Amish Acres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amish Acres

Shirley Chapel
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book . I thought that the cover was very eye catching. Nine times out of ten it's the cover of a book that causes me to read it. I liked the characters too. Let me introduce you to the main ones of the story.
Naomi Youder - A young Amish lady who hasn't seen the man she loves for two long weeks. He hasn't asked her to marry him yet and she wonders if he ever will. She even wonders if he loves her as much as she does him.

Ruthie Youder- Naomi Youder's 18 year old sister. She is ready
Lila
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Lila by: Sent to me for review
Shelves: amish-fiction
This is the first book in a new series written by Samantha Bayarr. It was a wonderful story.It shows how misunderstandings causes wrong decisions. This is another great read. I like the way the story progresses throughout the book. I can't think of anything I didn't like about it.I give this book an A+.I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Another great read! http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Pam Pavkov
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Celery Patch is a wonderful start to Samantha Bayarr's new series Amish Acres. This storyline definitely keeps the readers on their toes. There are so many exciting twist and turns that it made it difficult to put this book down. There were so many lies, manipulations, and unexpected events in this story that I found my self just shaking my head.

I enjoyed the characters for their realistic personalities. I really disliked Annie right from the first few pages. She is definetly a force to be r
Kasey
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short & Sweet

The book never did delve into the meaning of planting a celery patch in the Amish community. I was able to gather the gist of it but still don't know if I fully understand it. The celery patch being at the center of the story, I would have assumed that would be the first thing explained!

All in all, it was a cute short story but didn't blow me away. The use of Amish terminology was very interesting.
Barbara Thompson
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-books
Misunderstandings can cause many problems. The author wrote a fabulous storyline with some twists and turns that had to be worked out by the great characters. I enjoyed this book and definitely recommend for others to read The Celery Patch. This is Book One of the Amish Acres series. I'm looking forward to Book Two.

I purchased this book and I'm not required to review it. This review is one hundred percent my opinion.
Pamela
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for everyone

This book took me to so many levels of feelings. Sometimes it was almost too much and I had to put it down( but only for a few seconds). I enjoyed this book so much and it made me think about my own life and the way I was living. I can’t wait to read the next book from this awesome author.
Maud M Joshua
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful

This book drove me crazy trying to find out if Naomi and Jermiah would end up together. It was we written every chapter kept you engaged gossiping Annie got on my last nerve. Thankfully Jeremiah realized the error of his ways and came to his senses. Hope to read more about this group.
fred coenen
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

This book keeps you guessing. I loved it. If you love to try and guess what's going to happen, and you find yourself talking to the characters in your book, then you'll love this story. I can't wait to read the next book. Samantha Bayarr is a gifted author. I would recommend all of her books.
Roxann Ford
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
,Gentle confusion

Two sisters assuming adult books look into the future expecting to be married . A new person to the community stirs up all kinds of problems . This is an easy read that hold your attention
Mary Beth
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a celery patch mysteriously crops up overnight in the Yoder's field, it begins to draw some unwanted suitors competing for Naomi's hand. When someone grows an oversized patch of celery in Naomi's field, she gets accused of trying to "catch" a husband.
gary c lehn
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story.......

I found this story to be a great way for the characters to show how a young Amish woman dealt with her feelings for a lifetime friend. The author did a good job of telling her story.
Linda Heidelberg
Good Read

I enjoyed reading celery patch in the middle of the book it had started to get boring but when I started to get closer to the end I started enjoying reading the book more but over all it was a good book.
Hanna Benedict
Communication is Key

This was the first book where I really questioned the author's experience & research into the community. The story was longer than needed but sweet in the end.
Marsha  Bernabe
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What fun!

What f u n! This was such a fun story based on many misunderstandings!

I won this book on goodreads, and am glad I did! My unsolicited opinions are all my own.
Joann
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Very sweet romance story - a little predictable but still good. I just love the Amish fiction . A story of faith and love!
Julie Holdsworth
Feb 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shallow

This is one of the worst Amish books I have ever read. The characters are one-dimensional and trite. Such a contrast after reading Beverly Lewis books.
Darren Shreve
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celery Patch

This was a very good read. It flowed nicely and held my attention. I'm anxious for the release of the next book in this series.
Rita May Kerry
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

All the wishes of a young maiden. Family, friendship and love is in the book. Fun read to make all things possible.
Gail
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devious behavior

Annie has been sent to a different Amish community due to inappropriate behavior. Her sneaky behavior and lies continue any chance she gets
Mary
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True Love

This is a true life adventure. When love takes a bad turn. One girl caused a lot of trouble, but true love wins. I recommend it to all.
Tricia Hungerford
A wonderful story, to be expected, written by Samantha! It kept me holding my breath, laughing out loud, and swallowing the lumps in my throat! All with a surprise ending!
Penny
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made me cry!

This book is one of my favorites by Bayarr so far. It made me hold my breath, want to scream at the characters to wise up, and made me cry art the end. A great story.
Melissa Teague Ellison
Good book

I enjoyed reading The Celery Patch. It was fun and interesting. I look forward to reading more books of Samantha's .
Ann Swan
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommend

It was a good read, short and very enjoyable! I would recommend it to my friends! Misunderstandings happen all to often.
Jim Tufaro
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovly

I just love this book can't wait to read the others. I couldn't put the book down had to see what was going to happen, glad it turned out the way it did.
Karen Batton
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!

Loved everything about this book!! The characters and all were so well written!! Hopefully Annie learns her lesson soon... looking forward to the next book!!
Kathleen Fitting
An Amish romance.

This book was very well written with a lot of suspense. The celery patch was growing in the field and there was a big question on who planted it.
Martha Pritts
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mothers love

Even after death, a mother can still show her love. She can still provide wisdom and live for her daughter.
Penny Huddleston
Amazing

Samantha Bayarr has our done herself. I could not put this book down. I laughed, gasped and took the adventure with Naomi as she tried to unravel the lie she had told.
Eleanor M Smith
Oct 15, 2018
  • The Songs of You and Me
  • Secondhand Hearts (Peak City Romance Book 1)
  • A Pilgrimage to Death (Reverend Cici Gurule Mysteries, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • Abigail
  • Made with Love (Pinecraft Pie Shop #1)
  • Royal Ball (Pimpernel #2)
  • Friend Zone (Friend Zone, #1)
  • The Rancher's Temporary Engagement (Sheridan Sweethearts #1)
  • Rescuing the Prince (Royal Secrets, #6)
  • One True Love
  • Rejecting the Prince (Royal Secrets #8)
  • It's All About the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #3)
  • Twin Sacrifice
  • Cowboys For Christmas: A Holly Hills Anthology
  • If I Could Stay
  • A Simple Spring (Seasons of Lancaster #2)
  • For the Love of Laura Beth

Amish Acres (3 books)
  • Tobacco Rows (Amish Acres #2)
  • The Pumpkin Patch (Amish Acres #3)