Start by marking “Sea of Greed (NUMA Files, #16)” as Want to Read:
Sea of Greed (NUMA Files, #16)

Sea of Greed

(NUMA Files #16)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling master of adventure, a brand new mission for Kurt Austin and the NUMA crew--based on a remarkable historical incident.
January 1968

Two submarines--one French, one Israeli--vanish in the Mediterranean within days of each other. Extensive search-and-rescue operations turn up no sign of either vessel. Thirty years later, the wreck of on

Published November 6th 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Greed, please sign up.
Maria Rose The only series of Cussler I have read in order was the Issac Bell series and that's after I read The Gangster book. Even so, once you get a notion of…moreThe only series of Cussler I have read in order was the Issac Bell series and that's after I read The Gangster book. Even so, once you get a notion of the characters in each series, you can skip around the multiple series as some cross reference the others. Like the other commenter stated Cussler has written ( over 70 books--5 multiple series). Pick one of the series, like this one (the NUMA files series) to start with and work your way through. I only have the latest books (signed first editions) in book form from all series plus the all the Issac Bell series prior to the Gangster in e-book form.(my home library doesn't have room for all of his books) I did backtrack and read most of the Dirk Pitt series and donated those books to my local library as they only had one series of Cussler on the bookshelves. Enjoy reading his books(less)

Gerald Kubicki
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book kept my interest. Despite the fact that most characters have been in every book. It's about the dangers of drilling for oil.
Steve
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic Numa Files adventure. This time, the battle between fossil fuels and alternative energy drives the plot. Kurt and Joe headline, of course. Sandecker makes an appearance and several of Cussler's tried and true supporting cast bring critical support. Fans of the series will find everything they are looking for, all of it wrapped in a compelling tale of adventure and suspense.

A 5-star adventure, and enough to keep me content while I wait for the next release in one of my favorite
Robert
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-19-season
Everything one expects from Cussler, and with one of the more modern 'history' hooks he's ever done to boot.
Claudia
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 16th in the NUMA Files series.

This adventure is quite timely due to the volatility of oil prices, the debate on which clean/alternate energy version will be adopted worldwide and yet another massive oil leak in the Gulf still recovering from the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

As usual there is the flashback that has French and Israeli scientists creating a biological agent that attacks and 'eats' oil. The partnership falls apart and the French government sub tries to flee with the research and s
Glen
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Oils rigs are blown up, and oil fields seem to be drying up at a rapid rate. Kurt Austin and NUMA are tasked with finding out what is going on. It seems the usual megalomaniacal billionaire has decided to end the oil age so that she can make more money with alternative energy sources.

Not bad.
Kathy Davie
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller-action
Sixteenth in The NUMA Files action-thriller series and revolving around two NUMA special ops agents: Kurt Austin and Joe Zavala.

My Take
The French don't come out looking well from the start of this action-oriented tale of treachery and greed that, at least in novels, always backfires on the bad guys. It's that textual journey to find out whodunnit and why-they-dunnit that I adore, and in this case, the conflict is quite topical, as it pits oil against alternative energies.

Cussler/Brown use multip
Kay
A brilliant adventure. Possibly my favorite one. I love NUMA high tech toys.
Robert Schlachet
Love Clive Cusslers books

I'm a great fan of most of what Mr. Cusslers writes. This book is so much fun. It will also suck you in where you don't want to stay away too long before you need to get back to it.
You need to read this book if you're a Cussler fan and if you don't know him, you'll become a fan
K.B. Hallman
Somewhere around pages 60 to 70, there's some really good underwater sparring between submersibles. Cussler novels are never short on action, but this may be the best action scene so far. (Although, I have not read all 70+ novels, I've probably read about half of the Cussler fiction corpus.)
Bobbie
Feb 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
More propaganda than a good story. So disappointed that my favorite author has bought into climate change denial. I always knew he loved old gas cars but expected him to accept reality. From a previous book I got the impression that he hates Tesla cars and it's fitting that he makes the villain in this book an evil genius woman named Tessa. Surprised he didn't name her Elona. He has her sabotaging the world's "precious" oil and planning to replace it with fuel cells that she already knows won't ...more
Dan Curnutt
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kurt Ausin and Joe Zavala are again on the prowl in this new adventure. Somehow the world's oil fields are drying up. Instead of pumping out oil they are pumping out dangerous gas that ignites into flames when it comes in contact with water and or oxygen.

What is going on? How can this be stopped? What will the economic damage be to the world's oil market and thus financial markets as the fuel oil we need to rely on stops flowing?

As Kurt and Joe continue to save people from harrowing situations t
David Snape
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This latest adventure sets around an oil crisis due to an explosion in the Gulf of Mexico. The mission by NUMA is to figure out how this leads to a billionaire who wants to end the oil age. She definitely uses anything by all means to get her way. A brilliant action packed story and probable the best of this series so far.
Beverly Kash
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Clive Cussler!!!
Keith Luttrell
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great

Classic Cussler. Even writing with others, still great stories and characters. Look forward to more NUMA adventures, Oregon, Fargo's and Bell.
Thomas McGuire
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read

Cussler just keeps getting better and better. The men and women from NUMA save the world again. Too bad there aren’t dedicated people like this in the real world.
Linda McCune
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good Cussler book, relates to problems today- oil.
Jo
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A NUMA File book with Kurt Austin. An intriguing and fast-moving story about a brilliant woman who is manipulating the oil economy with an oil-eating bacteria. Can the NUMA crew find the the antidote before the economy or the world is ruined?
John
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

Once again Clive Cussler comes thru. Kurt Austin and his crew manage to save the world one more time. This time, they take on a group that wants to take control of the world's oil supply. The ending is a bit lame, and there are a couple of loose ends, but this is the NUMA operations that everyone has come to know and love, with NO profanity or vulgarity.
Kevin Doseck
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Cheaper does it again. Believable plot, Actual science and marine archeology. The read is enjoyable and fun for all ages.
Mike
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very solid book. Very topical with non-stop action.

For those of you that are wondering what the disc like sub looks like, check out the movie The Meg. It's campy giant shark stuff, but they have very cool small subs!
Alan Sherman
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Kurt Austin NUMA Files adventure

I've read every single Clive Cussler book and this latest adventure in the NUMA Files series holds up well along the best of them.
Linda Smatzny
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story concerns a gas leak that catches everything on fire and a person who wants to control the flow of oil so her energy source will be used instead of fossil fuels. The book is full of danger to Kurt Austin, Joe Zavala, Priya Kashmir and the Trouts. The action takes place all over the globe but especially undersea. For me the story started slow but certainly picked up well before the mid point. The book was a quick easy read.
Terry
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of his better stories. Throughly enjoyed it.
Rick Parsons
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story as the Numa team stops the worlds oil supply from being destroyed.
Cheryl Stephens Grimes
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all the Cussler book series
Sheldon
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cussler’s studio keeps spitting out fun adventures. Kurt, Joe and the gang survive one cliffhanger after another. Enjoy! Enjoy!
Gene
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read quite a few of Cussler books and this was one of the best. Fairly believable, lots of action & emotions.
David Lightcap
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Oil Loss?

Covering out dependence on oil, alternative energy options, and being evil that truly makes an adventure, right?
Kurt and team out to find the reason oil is disappearing.
Kevin Snyder
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book up to the end but thought the ending was too rushed.
Alan
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating 3

A solid 3 I think.
An entertaining enough read that zipped along, like watching a Jason Statham movie.
Passed the time and kept the attention but not something I will probably ever read again. Or indeed want to.
The normal cast of characters appeared for a NUMA files story, although this time the story line of oil crisis caused by a biological weapon was more up to the minute than usual.
And is it just me but this was another novel where the story and action is bouncing along and then sudden
  • The Last Survivor (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase #10.5)
  • The Lightning Stones (Philip Mercer, #8)
  • The Storm Descends (Fire and Steel, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Scott Dixon, #3)
  • A Devil Is Waiting (Sean Dillon #19)
  • Freddy Goes to Florida (Freddy the Pig #1)
  • The Ghost Ships of Arizona (Matt Drake #11)
  • The Emerald Storm (Ethan Gage, #5)
  • The Malta Exchange (Cotton Malone, #14)
  • Avenger (Intrepid #3)
  • The Loch Ness Legacy (Tyler Locke, #4)
  • To The Death (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #10)
  • Dead by Midnight (Death on Demand, #21)
  • Pirate Alley (Jake Grafton #15 Tommy Carmellini #5)
  • The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)
  • Ripper (Event Group Thriller #7)
  • The Poison Secret (Lang Reilly #7)
  • Callsign: Queen (Zelda Baker) (Chess Team, #2)
Cussler began writing novels in 1965 and published his first work featuring his continuous series hero, Dirk Pitt, in 1973. His first non-fiction, The Sea Hunters, was released in 1996. The Board of Governors of the Maritime College, State University of New York, considered The Sea Hunters in lieu of a Ph.D. thesis and awarded Cussler a Doctor of Letters degree in May, 1997. It was the first time ...more

NUMA Files (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Serpent (NUMA Files, #1)
  • Blue Gold (NUMA Files, #2)
  • Fire Ice (NUMA Files, #3)
  • White Death (NUMA Files, #4)
  • Lost City (NUMA Files, #5)
  • Polar Shift (NUMA Files, #6)
  • The Navigator (NUMA Files, #7)
  • Medusa (NUMA Files, #8)
  • Devil's Gate (NUMA Files, #9)
  • The Storm (NUMA Files, #10)