Start by marking “Changing Your Team From the Inside” as Want to Read:
Changing Your Team From the Inside

Changing Your Team From the Inside

Change Management needs to change. Change Management is so important that... What if there was no need for change management because we are continuously improving our way of working? This book is about you fostering that change from the inside! This book has everything you need to know to build high impact, sustainable teams.
Published July 2018 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Changing Your Team From the Inside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Your Team From the Inside

Start your review of Changing Your Team From the Inside
Dave Neary
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this book is most valuable for team leads or managers rather than for individual team members. This book serves best as a kind of lit review of various areas of organization theory, management theory, sociology, and software engineering practices. It is dense - I appreciated the short chapters and the exercises at the end of each chapter, but at times the treatment of the underlying techniques or philosophies was, by necessity, cursory, and limited to communicating the principles. Readin ...more
Franck
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a founder of a 50 people SaaS startup and I loved this book.
I may have a bias as the author also comes from the IT world. I found real-life examples really interesting as well as references to proven methodologies.
The "summary and action" of each chapter is a good wrap up and the format of the book (170 pages) makes it a quick read.
Claude Aubry
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Building on a very solid foundation of modern management (there are references to the best trends in recent years), the author adds stories nicely told to offer us a great book on the agile future of teams and organizations.
This book was selected by the reading club Agile Toulouse, and the debates showed that it was very appreciated.
Alexandre BOUTIN
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recommand this book as it gives some clear recommandations of how make your team more efficient and especially the first one : "start by yourself", as I'm convinced that a key of success
I also appreciate all the detail examples provided, and especially the chapter about gaming ("Play for real") as it is also one of my strong conviction that it works!
And a last thing, this book is well written and easy to read. This is really important for someone like me who is not a good reader at all :)
Julien Danjou
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great book giving amazing insight on how to organize your team and make it reflect on itself for improvement. Full of good advice and exercise you can apply. I loved the tales from the battlefield!
Chris Deniaud
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author offers us through this book his perception of a constructive transformation fully based on empathy and benevolence.
Through relevant and precisely described tools, anchored by anecdotes or significant recommendations, he offers us beyond a turnkey solution, a set of valuable references.
They allow us to become aware and to make aware that a change without involvement and without starting by ourselves has no chance to achieve anything clever, just by relying on tools or practices.
But bey
Guillaume Vincent
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This book is about management, engineering practices, agility. How to change the teams from the inside. I loved the stories, the exercises and the tools described in this book. The book is well documented and references and quotes are very relevant.

There is a lot of kindness in this book.
Like others I find the "summary and action" great to remember in a few lines, a few months later, how to solve some problems.

Strongly the next book!
Val
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent resource of ideas for driving change within your teams. There is a lot of talk about high-performing teams out there on the Internet and very limited working practices and ideas on how to actually change your team from average or even underperforming to a high-performing one. Alexis has managed make quite a collection of proven methods with 1st hand sharing of experience and really nice to read language.
I personally love that book and keep it close as it is not one of those books y
Michael DeLanzo
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! It is well organized and easy to read. The author is humble and not afraid to use many of his less than successful attempts at solving a particular problem for his examples. Those examples are some of the best parts of the book. It will certainly continue to be a reference book for me and has the added bonus of including pointers to many good resources on product development management and organizations. I will not even ding the author for inventing the mini ...more
Cassaigne
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting book about how to change your organization from inside. I agree with author, start by changing your team from inside that's could have import consequences to other teams too. A well written book.
Philippe Aubrée
Very good book for managers and associates (coachs, even scrum masters)
I liked the wrap-up/summary at the end of each chapter
And I liked the (lot of) serious references (Bonus: direct link to goodreads!)
Fred
Jul 29, 2018
Antony Sallas
Aug 13, 2019
Alexis Monville
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Boleslaw Dawidowicz

• The Design of Everyday Things
  • Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
  • Never Split the Difference
  • Mastery
  • The Leangains Method: The Art of Getting Ripped. Researched, Practiced, Perfected.
  • Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results
  • Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess
  • Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
  • Whiplash
  • Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
  • The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1)
Alexis Monville is a member of the Engineering Leadership Team at Enterprise Open Source Software company Red Hat. He brings more than 20 years of operations and management experience from diverse sectors such as the automotive industry, a dotcom startup, IT consulting, public sector, software development, and his own management and organization consulting and coaching firm.

From 2011 until Red Hat