Start by marking “Butterfly Ops (Butterfly Ops Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Butterfly Ops (Butterfly Ops Trilogy #1)

Butterfly Ops

(Butterfly Ops Trilogy #1)

What's a superheroine to do when her super soldier ex turns up alive after more than fifteen years?

Lyndsey Daniels doesn't have much time to walk down memory lane before she and Ian Fox find themselves thrown together to investigate the mysterious deaths of ten young men in the Canadian wilderness. How do the hearts of such seemingly normal, healthy men just...stop?

Wit
Published September 24th 2018 by NYLA (first published September 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly Ops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butterfly Ops

Start your review of Butterfly Ops (Butterfly Ops Trilogy #1)
Coco.V
Feb 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/24/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

With the hint of an evil spirit in the wind—and a whole lot of butterflies—there's no t
Darcy
I had no clue about this book, saw the cover as it was listed on my library’s website and thought why not give it a try. For not having a clue this one turned out pretty good. I liked Lindsey, felt for her when she ran into Ian again, it seemed to throw her. Here is where I’m torn about things. I really liked that Ian and Lindsey had a history, but they way that they acted drove me nuts as often they acted like teenagers. It was only as they actually talked about the past you saw how badly each ...more
Christi Snow
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
I read Jen Doyle's first book and was blown away by her story telling ability. But that book (and every other book she's written since) was contemporary romance, so I had no idea how she would do writing Urban Fantasy/Superhero/Military/Romance. Spoiler alert...she NAILED IT!!

OMG, this book is so good. This world is a paranormal one, but it's unlike anything you've ever read. While there are threads that give it an urban fantasy feel, it definitely has more of a military romantic suspe
Latifa Morrisette
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is different from any of the books I have read. I would classify it as a urban fantasy/paranormal/military/second chance romance. This book is mainly backstory and the reason for the reunion between Lyndsey and Ian. I'm ready for whatever book two is gonna throw at us.
Jen
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
I understand that this is part of a trilogy, but the pacing of this book really makes me wonder why it needs to be a trilogy at all. It was very slow; the promised mission at the beginning of the book never even happened by the end of this first book. I was never even able to figure out what was "butterfly" about the "butterfly ops" of the series. The teased mission even sounded interesting!

There was a lot of time spent on description and character development and backstory that really didn't ne
Jayne
3rd Person, Dual POV. One of my favourite reads of 2018.

I knew going in that this book would be a hodge-podge of genres.

It's not just paranormal but with an urban fantasy feel and a strong second chance romance storyline.

Our Heroine Lyndsey is a low key superhero. She has preternatural skills, but here are no costumes and definitely no capes!

Our Hero Ian is a widower, single Dad with 4 kids, working for the military in a paranormal special ops division.

There's also a strong "Found Family" vibe
Susan Homan
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Butterfly Ops

This is the first book I have read by Jen Doyle, and I look forward to reading many more. Butterfly Ops Book 1 was everything that I look for in a book even though I do not read a lot of paranormal books, I may need to start. This book is paranormal, second chance, and military all in one book (well 3 since this is a series of 3 books). This book I believe is to mostly give the background of Lindsay and Ian. They met in college and were part of a study the military was doing with pe
Jacqui Norris
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm on the fence about this first book. The blurb says that Lyndsey and Ian are reunited as they are hired to go find out why young men are disappearing in the Canadian wilderness. But the character development, backstory, and reunited lovers took the whole book to get through.
Lyndsey Daniels is a super powered woman who was part of a secret project when she met Ian Fox. Because of what she could do, they were injecting other members of the military with her blood to see what would happen. A ne
Wendy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lyndsay and Ian had a break up that neither could really figure out totally what happened. That was 15 years ago and she thought he had died in the line of duty. Imagine her surprise when she stumbles upon the ghost of her past. Ian and Lyn have chemistry still but can all the baggage from their past allow them to see if they have a future.

This was my first Jen Doyle book and I am looking forward to reading #2. The author gives us paranormal, military and romance all thrown into to one. I wasn't
Katy Rose
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Urban Fantasy Thriller at it’s best. I have to be honest, I am not a huge UF fan, but WOW! Was I blown away. Paranormal with Vampires, Demons, and shifters with a major focus on the special ops and military techniques. This is definitely for a reader who loves the plot of a book and the back and forth from characters with some light romance thrown in. I personally think it was an amazing combination that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I had to know what was going to happen next! ...more
Heather
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Butterfly Ops follows the story of Ian and Lyndsey. Lyndsey has super power strength and Ian is in the military and part of a project where he is given superhuman strength. Ian is part of a project and doesn’t realise the sim is to make him ’super’ or that the purpose is to kill people like Lyndsey, who also happens to be his girlfriend. Things fall apart spectacularly and the book picks up when they run across each other 16 years later. This book gives lots of background to the characters and w ...more
Samantha Waldow
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just to let you know this does end in a cliffhanger since this is book 1 out of 3. Ian and Lindsey have a past. This book pulled me in. It was so intriguing that i couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what happens next. Its been 15 years and these 2 get thrown together.  Lindsay thought Ian died years ago but now they are working on a case together.  These 2 seem to be tongue tied a lot when they are near each other. The chemistry between them doesn't seem to be have lost in all the years. Thi ...more
Christine
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Butterfly Ops #1 by Jen Doyle is one of those books that really can’t be typecast. No one genre fits it exactly. You’ve got a little paranormal/super soldier, second chance, and military romance. Add some monsters and secrets, with deep deep hurt, and you’ve got part 1 of The Butterfly Ops Trilogy.

The sudden (almost literal) drop in lap “would you look at that! He’s alive!” Moment was very realistically done. As was the next meeting “damnit he’s in my meeting” fun to read as well. They are thro
Kat
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A character driven book that hookd the reader for book 2

This was a hard book to pin down, I'ts more character driven than action. With a title that suggests a military theme with a paranormal side note. Theres more description of activities in the past than actual fight scenes. Not that i haven't enjoyed the book, and I will check out book 2, with the hope that it will be more action based as the investigation hots up. The relationship between the two main characters ensures that the reader is
Fleur
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I would say this is more of a background to the characters book as well as setting the scene for what they will come across when they go out to the forest to investigate things. Be warned this book is pretty wordy, ie there were times I skimmed the sentences but it still didn't distract from the story too much, my only other irk was that I felt at times Lyn was too ditzy/scrambled when I would expect her to have more control of herself due to what she has been through was well as her job. Now th ...more
Mary Fazzi
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I had a hard time with this book. The main characters really reeled me into the story but it didn’t hold my attention the entire time. Lyndsey Daniels and Ian Fox have a past that you want to know what happened. I really didn’t get a feel for what Lyndsey is or what has been done to her and Ian. Ian is or part of the Military that was called into a job with Lyndsey’s job and that’s the shock of a lifetime for both of them when they start thinking about the past and both did things that weren’t b ...more
Tammy Deighan
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, let me start by saying this book is nothing like I thought it was going to be. It was so much better. Lyndsey and Ian are the main people in this book. Ian military and Lyndsey is super strong. Yes you heard she is a paranormal that the military are looking for. !5 years ago they were in college and in love and something happened that changed everything in fact she thought she would never see him again. but then 15 years later he shows up. The story goes back and forth and you find out a lo ...more
Lisa Marie Barrera
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BUTTERFLY OPS by Jen Doyle intrigued me from the beginning but I didn't know what it was so going in Blind & an Open Mind which I Love to Do! But once I started reading it, I Could Not Put It in Down and wanted to know what is Going to happen Next! I Will say it started a little slow for me but I was Hooked with the characters!! Curiosity got the Best of me and then the Cliffhanger!!
Urban Fantasy Paranormal Romance with a Twist and CANNOT WAIT for Book Two....which it is A Trilogy!!
Jen Doyle i
Natalie Casey
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I'll start by saying this is the first time I've read anything by this author, and it's also the first time I've heard of her. With that being said, I'm completely captivated by this book! At first I wasn't to sure if it was my thing, but then OMG!!! I was sucked in! OBSESSED!! I couldn't put it down! Ian and Lindsey's story is filled with love and heartbreak, but also so much more!!! This is an out of this world love story, paranormal read, urban legend,,,, gah!!! So much more!!! Im starting ...more
Robin
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
While the writing was fine, at 400 pages it was overly long and drawn out. I felt the author was over-doing the backstory to save the action for books 2 and 3. This is a paranormal romance (heavy on the romance) with vampires, demons, super-humans, etc. (although we don’t see them in action much here). The heroine was also a bit annoying and immature at times. Not sure if I’m invested enough for book 2, but for those loving paranormal romance, by all means give it a try.
Bookish
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this book was more than I expected, honestly I grabbed it to read only because I've read others books by Jen Doyle and loved them so going in to this one I wasn't up on the entire storyline but it exceeded what I expected. An action packed, second chance romance with a super natural twist. The book was a bit long (wordy) but that okay, I was in the mood for a long book to read. Plenty of twists and mystery to keep you entertained. I can't wait for book 2.
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Great story

This was a really great story. I was pulled in from the beginning and just couldn't put it down. I liked all the characters. This book was full of secrets and lies and I couldn't help but flip through the pages just so I could see what was going to happen. I can't wait for the next book, I have to know what is going to happen next.
Annabelle
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I can’t wait for book 2! I needed it like yesterday! This book was amazing! I could not put it down. I can’t wait to see what happens with Ian and Lindsey! They are a hot mess with a lot of baggage. I feel like there is also something up with Zach and Matt that I’m missing. Need to figure that out. Definitely looking forward to the next book.
Alison Davis
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Jen Doyle is an amazing writer, which you will see when you read the beautifully written words. Once I started this book, I was not able to put it down until I was finished and now I can't wait to get my hands on book 2. Great characters, great story, angst, second chance love, sexiness, mystery and suspense. What more could you ask for??
Sue
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Butterfly Ops is book 1 in the Butterfly Ops Trilogy by Jen Doyle. This is the first book I have read from this author. I enjoyed the book but paranormal romance is not my normal read. This was well written with lots of mystery and twist and turns that keep you interested. For those who love paranormal romance I would recommend it.
Sue
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first read by Jen Doyle, but I'll definitely put the rest of the Butterfly Ops Trilogy on my TBR list. There is alot to dig through here...you have the love/not love story...spanning 15 years. You have some paranormal, government, suspense stuff. Book one takes us through the main characters pasts for the most part...Sexy times to be had as well.
Heather
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the character development but the story progression is a little choppy and the timeline of a couple of things is not totally clear. I did, however, enjoy the characters enough to continue with the series and see what happens.
Carolyn
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A Good Read

It seemed this book went on forever! Very very wordy. The storyline was great but could have been told in half the space. I will read the next one because I want to know what happens with these two.
Chantel
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and was really impressed. Lyndsey and Ian’s story was full of twist and turns, drama, love and lost. It just captivated me. I can’t wait to read the second book in this series!
Neisha Exeter
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, yes, yes! Great first book to this trilogy. I have never read a book by this author and she captivated me from the very beginning. Although the book was a bit lengthy I really enjoyed the back story between the main characters. I can’t wait to read books 2 and 3. Highly recommended.
Goodreads Librari...: Add new book edition to my author page 3 178 Sep 24, 2018 07:12PM

• Notorious (Seaclusion Series, Book 2) (The Seaclusion Series)
  • Juniper Smoke (Smoke Series, #1)
  • Secrets (Seaclusion Series Book 3)
  • Don't Go Back (Newland #5)
  • Kyle and Juniper (Smoke Series, #2)
  • Seclusion (The Seaclusion Series Book 4)
  • The Healer (The Messes, #2)
  • Finding Juniper (Smoke Series, #3)
  • Beauty is the Beast (Beasts Among Us - Book 1)
  • Cabin Fever (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Finding Kat (Windsor Falls #5)
  • The Perfect Sister (Sister, #7)
  • Unexpected Love (A Moment in Time)
  • Hell Bent
  • The Wait (The Comeback Series Book Three)
  • What We Left Behind
  • One Night With A Witch (Keepers of the Veil #5)
  • Beltane Bliss (Pagan Pleasures Bk 1)
A big believer in happily ever afters, Jen Doyle decided it was high time she started creating some. Jen is a member of the Romance Writers of America, as well as a member of the New England Chapter, New Jersey Romance Writers and Music City Romance Writer chapters of RWA. She is represented by Sarah E. Younger of the Nancy Yost Literary Agency.

She has an M.S. in Library and Information Science an

Butterfly Ops Trilogy (3 books)
  • Butterfly Ops: Book 2 (Butterfly Ops Trilogy, #2)
  • Butterfly Ops: Book 3 (Butterfly Ops Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews