Start by marking “Unexpected” as Want to Read:

Unexpected

(The Vault)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  316 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
*Paul*

What will happen... when Jenn learns the truth that has been brewing deep inside me?
...when she learns my desires have been restrained?
...when containing them is no longer possible?
Will she flee when there’s no place to run?

Paperback, 1st Edition, 148 pages
Published August 28th 2018 by Romig Works

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected

Tajana
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Unexpected. This is a short book similar to Aleatha’s Unconventional. Both are standalone and they can be read in any order. Each book following one couple.
Jenn and Paul are on the verge of a divorce, but they decided to give their relationship one more chance. 10 day vacation in tropical island where they supposed to talk, open up to each other, be honest and reveal secrets that both of them have.
There is some very hot sex (or should I say a lots of very hot sex), beautiful
Renita McKinney
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected is the perfect title for this novella by Aleatha Romig. Twist, turns and the unexpected is always what she brings to the game and she did not disappoint . . . again. And oh yea, this time she brought the serious heat.

Divorce is not always the answer. Sometimes we lose our way and just need the ability to find the direction home. Sometimes we must delve into the recesses of our mind and discover what we need. Sometimes we need to discover what or perhaps who we are.

Once again, Aleatha
Heidi Kittle
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love an Aleatha tale and this one doesn’t disappoint. Brilliant standalone but If you’re a fan a brilliant follow on to unconventional. Hot, hot, hot with a twist, a sharp unexpected twist. You’ll love Jenn and Paul a couple taking time out from their busy lives to secure their future together as a couple in an unconventional (see what I did there?) way. Only criticism I am a sucker for the long haul which is why I can not wait for Aleatha’s new dark series beginning with Secrets 🖤 This wa ...more
Kelly
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading Unexpected brought into question how well do you know your spouse? With Paul and Jenn's story, it's more about what wasn't said and the secrets they are both holding on to.

I loved how these two are discovering one another and learning to trust what you can't sometimes see. Being on a tropical island was the perfect setting for a hot, sexy exploration of getting to know your spouse all over again but in true Aleatha fashion, the Unexpected happened.

Did I mention the incredible little prol
Mary Mooney
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
What do you do when your marriage is over and all that is left is to sign the divorce papers? You take your therapist advice and go away for a vacation where the two of you can talk about the problems in your marriage.
Paul and Jenn Masters have secrets they are keeping from each other but they thought it wasn't causing problems in their marriage. But when Paul told Jenn his desires, she knew that her p
Jackie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected by Aleatha Romig was brilliant! Paul and Jenn's story was emotional and captivating. Their story had me intrigued and hooked since the beginning.

Paul and Jen were facing divorce but before signing they decided to give it one more try. They go away to a private island. In their time there they start learning things about each other that they both had hidden from each other during their marriage.

Will their island retreat be what they need to save their marriage or will they learn that
Michelle
Hot Hot Hot

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book was so good. I alway get a lil scared when It comes to novellas. Cause I think I m not goin to get the full story of part will be missing. But this has everything that I wanted. There was even are dark theme to the story. I 've read a lot of this author over this year and I m become a huge fan of her work. This is another book that will be added to get collection.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Paul and Jenn's relationship hasnt been goin well there actually on the point off ending it all together. Unt
Fiona
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a short novella that is a quick steamy read. In an attempt to save their marriage Jenn and Paul take a vacation to a secluded island. As the only occupants of the island they are able to start working through their issues until the “unexpected” happens that has the potential to derail the progress they have made. The chemistry between Jenn and Paul is strong both in and out of the bedroom and you want them to work out their issues so they can have their HEA. I really liked this book, if ...more
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 “Saucy” Stars

What a saucy little novella. It was spicy and also very emotional. A couple at a cross road, divorce or try a last chance endeavor to lay all the cards on the table. Either try and see or walk away. And try they decide. Jenn and Paul......each holding in secrets and one week to let everything out.

On a remote beautiful island, I loved how Jenn and Paul were starting to really open up about their wants and desires. Each holding back on their past. Not sure if the other would be rec
Tia Louise
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, thrilling, INTENSE... A sensual roller-coaster tale of a married couple learning to open up, be honest, and reconnect in a gorgeous setting.

Darkness threatens their journey, a trigger warning is included in the beginning, but UNEXPECTED is pure Aleatha goodness. Dive in and enjoy~
Beneath The Covers Blog
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison, arcs, 2018-reads
Well, hello there hot, sexy, dirty and dominating

This story was straight to the point (duh of course it was, it's a novella) it may take you a bit longer to finish though, you might be busy fanning yourself from all the hotness this book brings.

Paul and Jenn are on the brink of divorce both want to try one last time before throwing in the towel and let me just say things get very sexy from there.

it's not completely all sexy and hot nor all hearts and flowers, but rest assure all is right in thei
Shayna
“I don’t want to make love. I want to fuck you like I’ve never fucked you before. I want to spend the next ten days making you hear me…even when I don’t speak.”

There was so much passion, intensity, and emotion packed into this scorching hot standalone novella! Even though I didn’t know much about them going in, Paul and Jenn Masters ended up being a couple I can truly root for! Hot scenes with sexy BDSM elements...a man struggling with showing his true self to the woman he loves...a woman stil
Cbuckley7
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paul and Jenn Masters are on the brink of divorcing but when they realise the finality of signing their divorce papers they decided to take their therapist advice and have a secluded 10 day retreat to try and save their marriage.
A lot happens on that small island in the novella, good, bad, happy and ugly times, Aleatha writes brilliantly yet again.
Jackie Lane
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this book, Paul and Jenn are ready to sign the divorce papers and decide they still love each other, but have secrets between them that are become the downfall to their marriage. They have been seeing a counselor and he suggests they go away for 10 days to try to talk to one another and learn about one another again. They are whisked away to a tropical paradise where they are learning to love one another again in a different way. They are the only two people on the island as it is off season. ...more
Coco.V
Nov 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (11/3/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
*Paul*

...when she learns my desires have been restrained?
...when containing them is no longer possible?
Will she flee when there’s no place to run?

Traveling to the isolation of a tropical island, we agree to lay our marriage and our future on the line. It’s the only way to face the demons—my demons—that threaten our life together.
For us to make our marria
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

This was a short, smoking hot novella.

Paul and Jenn are married but in the opening of the book, it looks like things are not fairing well for this couple. So upon advice, they see if they can work out their troubles on a remote island and little getaway.

Paul has secrets and after 6 years with his wife he realizes that he can't go on without sharing them. Jenn too has secrets and in order for this couple to move forward in what Paul needs, she has to come clean about her past. What better place
Somer Grey
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved- twists and turns. True Aleatha style.

Hayley
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a hot read. When a marriage has hit the end of the road what is left for Jenn and Paul. With the help from Dr Kizer there marriage takes them on a different journey where past and present catch up with them. The added twists in this read made a real page Turner.
A full 5* read
aniryllis
Aug 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, in-english
Wow, wow, wow.

Can’t believe this author stooped so low.

Cant’t believe she tricked readers into reading this shit.

Keep reading if want to know the real trigger warning for this novella.

*Spoilers?*

The fun fact is that while reading the blurb (“Until the unexpected happens…”, “Will our marriage survive? Will we?”) I just knew what was going to happen, but then I read the trigger warning at the beginning of the novella and that actually reassured me. It wasn’t so different from her other warnings.
Shirley
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great, quick read that doesn't leave you hanging.
Dr. Kizer does it again. Paul and Jenn are struggling in their marriage. At the suggestion of their marriage counselor, they take 10 days in a remote location to lay all their cards on the table. Each of them has been keeping a secret. When Paul's truth comes out on the island, things seem to be looking up. Just as Jenn is ready to share her truth, the unthinkable happens.
Will Paul and Jenn be able to put it all behind them? How will Paul reac
Jeannette
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She did it again!

Aleatha does not disappoint! Through her writing you feel as if you are that character experiencing the pleasures, frustrations, anxiety, guilt...the forgiveness. Her characters come alive inside you and take hold, so you better hold on tight, you're in for an UNEXPECTED journey that is UNFORGETTABLE!
Courtney
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected is exactly what you get with this novella. It is short, hot with an unexpected twist.

It is a standalone and a great insight into what Aleatha's "darker side" of her writing entails. If you have never read anything by her, this would be the perfect opportunity to see what all the excitement is about with her books. And for those of you who already read her books, this is quick and sexy read to hold you over til her next novel releases.

I won't give you any more information than what the
TF
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars
Stephanie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected is the second stand alone novella in the Vault series featuring Jenn and Paul who were introduced in Unconventional. Jenn and Paul are giving their marriage one last chance. They plan a trip away to an exotic and isolated island. They want to break down their barriers, face their issues and explore their desires.

“ I want to hear you, even when you don't speak.”

Unexpected was certainly that! What a wild ride! It is not for the faint of heart. Jenn and Paul are at a crossroad in their m
Clare Fuentes
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes, back to the DARK!!! Steamy sex, dom/sub, intense scenes. I love it!!! Storyline, perfect. Need more of Paul and Jenn.
Avid Reader
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected (The Vault) by Aleatha Romig
M/F Romance
Triggers: Scenes with some BDSM elements
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Paul and Jenn are at a crossroads. The question is whether or not they can save their marriage. What Paul and Jenn don't know is that they both have been dishonest in their relationship. It's time to lay their cards on the table and figure out whether or not they can save themselves and their relationship.

This is a quick read. I did not rea
Liz
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, steamy and suspenseful read with a bit of suspense, but I loved seeing a couple wanting to fight for their marriage and what they wanted. Minutes before ending their marriage, they decided to give it one last shot. They travel to to an isolated island to save their marriage, but to do so, they need to be completely honest with each other.

Unexpected by Aleatha Romig was a quick with a lot of surprises.

Happy readig!
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

"I hadn't been looking for forever, so when it found me, I didn't recognize it."

This little spice-of-life story from Romig explores the end...or beginning of Jenn & Paul's marriage. I never know what I'm getting in to with her stories, but I will say, I'm never disappointed.

"She's ever been sexier than she is right now, her blue eyes wide, filled with uncertainty at my change in behavior, yet trusting because deep down she knows I'd never do anything to hurt her."

Romig del
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
Book Review: 4 Stars

I was completely Aleatha’d by Unexpected in a very dark way!!! Anyone who knows me or read my reviews, knows I don’t read dark romance, but for Aleatha, I’d would and I have and I knew this book was going to be dark, just not that dark… I loved Unexpected , though. I mean, it’s too dark for me, but I still loved it.

Unexpected features the story of a married couple that is trying to save their marriage. They’ve been married for six years and despite their love for each
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aleatha Romig brought the heat in Unexpected! It's been a while since I read a book with a BDSM storyline and I forgot how steamy it could be... Aleatha balanced the heat and emotions perfectly. I gobble this novella up!

A troubled married couple alone on an island with nothing but time to get to know each other again or move on... Maybe live out a fantasy or two. This could turn out to be PARADISE or hell. Depending on which way it goes.

Paul and Jenn had been married for sometime and things were
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist and s ...more

The Vault (2 books)