Start by marking “Unexpected” as Want to Read:
Unexpected

Unexpected (The Vault)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
*Paul*

What will happen... when Jenn learns the truth that has been brewing deep inside me?
...when she learns my desires have been restrained?
...when containing them is no longer possible?
Will she flee when there’s no place to run?

Traveling to the isolation of a tropical island, we agree to lay our marriage and our future on the line. It’s the only way to face the demons—my
Paperback, 1st Edition
Expected publication: August 28th 2018 by Romig Works

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected

Michelle
Hot Hot Hot

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book was so good. I alway get a lil scared when It comes to novellas. Cause I think I m not goin to get the full story of part will be missing. But this has everything that I wanted. There was even are dark theme to the story. I 've read a lot of this author over this year and I m become a huge fan of her work. This is another book that will be added to get collection.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Paul and Jenn's relationship hasnt been goin well there actually on the point off ending it all together. Unt
Tia Louise
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, thrilling, INTENSE... A sensual roller-coaster tale of a married couple learning to open up, be honest, and reconnect in a gorgeous setting.

Darkness threatens their journey, a trigger warning is included in the beginning, but UNEXPECTED is pure Aleatha goodness. Dive in and enjoy~
Cbuckley7
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paul and Jenn Masters are on the brink of divorcing but when they realise the finality of signing their divorce papers they decided to take their therapist advice and have a secluded 10 day retreat to try and save their marriage.
A lot happens on that small island in the novella, good, bad, happy and ugly times, Aleatha writes brilliantly yet again.
Somer Grey
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved- twists and turns. True Aleatha style.

Heidi Kittle
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love an Aleatha tale and this one doesn’t disappoint. Brilliant standalone but If you’re a fan a brilliant follow on to unconventional. Hot, hot, hot with a twist, a sharp unexpected twist. You’ll love Jenn and Paul a couple taking time out from their busy lives to secure their future together as a couple in an unconventional (see what I did there?) way. Only criticism I am a sucker for the long haul which is why I can not wait for Aleatha’s new dark series beginning with Secrets 🖤 This wa ...more
Tajana
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Unexpected. This is a short book similar to Aleatha’s Unconventional. Both are standalone and they can be read in any order. Each book following one couple.
Jenn and Paul are on the verge of a divorce, but they decided to give their relationship one more chance. 10 day vacation in tropical island where they supposed to talk, open up to each other, be honest and reveal secrets that both of them have.
There is some very hot sex (or should I say a lots of very hot sex), beautiful
Avid Reader
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected (The Vault) by Aleatha Romig
M/F Romance
Triggers: Scenes with some BDSM elements
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Paul and Jenn are at a crossroads. The question is whether or not they can save their marriage. What Paul and Jenn don't know is that they both have been dishonest in their relationship. It's time to lay their cards on the table and figure out whether or not they can save themselves and their relationship.

This is a quick read. I did not rea
Badass Bloggettes
Dark, Twisted, Erotic, Sensual, everything you would want in an Aleatha Romig book.

The story is based on Paul and Jenn who while looking at the Divorce papers decide that they wanted to see if they can rekindle the marriage before signing the papers.  It was decision time.  A time to be honest and true with each other about secrets they had been hiding for so long.  A time to see if they can save a marriage neither one wants to call quits to.  A time to see if the spark and love was still ther
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aleatha Romig brought the heat in Unexpected! It's been a while since I read a book with a BDSM storyline and I forgot how steamy it could be... Aleatha balanced the heat and emotions perfectly. I gobble this novella up!

A troubled married couple alone on an island with nothing but time to get to know each other again or move on... Maybe live out a fantasy or two. This could turn out to be PARADISE or hell. Depending on which way it goes.

Paul and Jenn had been married for sometime and things were
Shirley
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great, quick read that doesn't leave you hanging.
Dr. Kizer does it again. Paul and Jenn are struggling in their marriage. At the suggestion of their marriage counselor, they take 10 days in a remote location to lay all their cards on the table. Each of them has been keeping a secret. When Paul's truth comes out on the island, things seem to be looking up. Just as Jenn is ready to share her truth, the unthinkable happens.
Will Paul and Jenn be able to put it all behind them? How will Paul reac
Jo
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marriage on the rocks? Having counselling? A recommendation to go to a remote island for 10 days just the two of you to recapture and be honest within your marriage. Would you take it? Of course you would.
What follows is a sexually charged exploration of a marriage with secrets. Lots of sex, exploration of a Dom relationship and for those who expect to be Aleatha’d , a twist. That is the unexpected.

Remember when you are reading,this is a novella. Short but very sweet. The characters were believa
Renita McKinney
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected is the perfect title for this novella by Aleatha Romig. Twist, turns and the unexpected is always what she brings to the game and she did not disappoint . . . again. And oh yea, this time she brought the serious heat.

Divorce is not always the answer. Sometimes we lose our way and just need the ability to find the direction home. Sometimes we must delve into the recesses of our mind and discover what we need. Sometimes we need to discover what or perhaps who we are.

Once again, Aleatha
Timitra
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Unexpected is about a couple whose marriage is on the rocks. What follows is their attempt to reignite that spark. While I found this story enjoyable it was missing something, that something was connection, I didn't feel any connection to the characters nor did I feel any connection between them. It's a quick, sexy read but not my fave by this author.

However, the prologue for Secrets (the first book in a dark trilogy) at the end has me all kinds of excited. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

A
Hayley
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a hot read. When a marriage has hit the end of the road what is left for Jenn and Paul. With the help from Dr Kizer there marriage takes them on a different journey where past and present catch up with them. The added twists in this read made a real page Turner.
A full 5* read
Mary Mooney
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
What do you do when your marriage is over and all that is left is to sign the divorce papers? You take your therapist advice and go away for a vacation where the two of you can talk about the problems in your marriage.
Paul and Jenn Masters have secrets they are keeping from each other but they thought it wasn't causing problems in their marriage. But when Paul told Jenn his desires, she knew that her p
Tammi
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the dark side Aleatha Romig and this short sexy story was a taste of what she does best.
Twist and turns, secrets unveiled, scenes that scare you and make cringe but you can't stop reading. Her stories are definitely addicting.
With Paul and Jenn's marriage failing and nearly ending the decide to give it one last try. That right there had me rooting for them. They loved each other but just got disconnected. Alone on a paradise island what better place to reconnect.
Then his Unexpected secret
Kelly
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading Unexpected brought into question how well do you know your spouse? With Paul and Jenn's story, it's more about what wasn't said and the secrets they are both holding on to.

I loved how these two are discovering one another and learning to trust what you can't sometimes see. Being on a tropical island was the perfect setting for a hot, sexy exploration of getting to know your spouse all over again but in true Aleatha fashion, the Unexpected happened.

Did I mention the incredible little prol
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 Stars

This novella follows the path Jenn and Paul take to save their marriage. If there is one very important lesson we learn it is that you cannot live a happy life and build a successful marriage with secrets. Especially if these secrets are important enough that they help shape who you are as a person and as half of a couple. Paul and Jenn learn this a little later than some couples, but in enough time to get their HEA. I will let everyone know there is a Trigger Warning in the beginning of
Katie Sadan
Unexpected!

Hot and Twisted!!

This is a hot sexy twisted novella. When the the only option you have is to get a divorce or finally show your spouse who you really are what would you choose?
Paul and Jenn are at that place and decide to show their true selves to each other in hopes of saving their marriage. They go away to a private island and what happens next is truly unexpected. This book is full of twists and just when you think you’ve got it figured out you don’t!! Now go one click this baby an
Sarah  - A Woman & Her Books
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short fast paced story, with elements of BDSM and dark elements. I always love this authors stories, she has the ability to hook you from the very first page and this was no exception. Told from a dual POV the characters set off to save their marriage both hiding secrets from each other... I was waiting for the sucker punch at the end the one that Aleatha is renowned for but sadly there wasn’t one this time round but still and enjoyable story.
Ilona
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved- Exciting The title fits this amazing book- nothing is what it seems. Secrets are revealed and relationships questioned. ...more
Stacy
Kristy
Rating: 3.5 stars

This was a short and sexy little novella. Paul and Jenn are stuck in a crossroads in their marriage and they decide to head away to see if they can save it rather than divorce. The steam in this novella is off the charts, however there was a part of the story that i felt was thrown in (probably not needed) and then completely glossed over. Hence, my rating.
I did enjoy this one, it was hot, but I needed a bit more from it.
Alexa Nichole Demers
Caroline Williams
Aug 14, 2018
Kathi Updike
Aug 18, 2018
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist and s ...more

The Vault (2 books)