Start by marking “Unexpected” as Want to Read:
Unexpected

Unexpected (The Vault)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
*Paul*

What will happen... when Jenn learns the truth that has been brewing deep inside me?
...when she learns my desires have been restrained?
...when containing them is no longer possible?
Will she flee when there’s no place to run?

Traveling to the isolation of a tropical island, we agree to lay our marriage and our future on the line. It’s the only way to face the demons—my
Paperback, 1st Edition
Expected publication: August 28th 2018 by Romig Works

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected

Tia Louise
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, thrilling, INTENSE... A sensual roller-coaster tale of a married couple learning to open up, be honest, and reconnect in a gorgeous setting.

Darkness threatens their journey, a trigger warning is included in the beginning, but UNEXPECTED is pure Aleatha goodness. Dive in and enjoy~
Heidi Kittle
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love an Aleatha tale and this one doesn’t disappoint. Brilliant standalone but If you’re a fan a brilliant follow on to unconventional. Hot, hot, hot with a twist, a sharp unexpected twist. You’ll love Jenn and Paul a couple taking time out from their busy lives to secure their future together as a couple in an unconventional (see what I did there?) way. Only criticism I am a sucker for the long haul which is why I can not wait for Aleatha’s new dark series beginning with Secrets 🖤 This wa ...more
Cbuckley7
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paul and Jenn Masters are on the brink of divorcing but when they realise the finality of signing their divorce papers they decided to take their therapist advice and have a secluded 10 day retreat to try and save their marriage.
A lot happens on that small island in the novella, good, bad, happy and ugly times, Aleatha writes brilliantly yet again.
Somer Grey
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved- twists and turns. True Aleatha style.

Tajana
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Unexpected. This is a short book similar to Aleatha’s Unconventional. Both are standalone and they can be read in any order. Each book following one couple.
Jenn and Paul are on the verge of a divorce, but they decided to give their relationship one more chance. 10 day vacation in tropical island where they supposed to talk, open up to each other, be honest and reveal secrets that both of them have.
There is some very hot sex (or should I say a lots of very hot sex), beautiful
Avid Reader
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected (The Vault) by Aleatha Romig
M/F Romance
Triggers: Scenes with some BDSM elements
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Paul and Jenn are at a crossroads. The question is whether or not they can save their marriage. What Paul and Jenn don't know is that they both have been dishonest in their relationship. It's time to lay their cards on the table and figure out whether or not they can save themselves and their relationship.

This is a quick read. I did not rea
Renita McKinney
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected is the perfect title for this novella by Aleatha Romig. Twist, turns and the unexpected is always what she brings to the game and she did not disappoint . . . again. And oh yea, this time she brought the serious heat.

Divorce is not always the answer. Sometimes we lose our way and just need the ability to find the direction home. Sometimes we must delve into the recesses of our mind and discover what we need. Sometimes we need to discover what or perhaps who we are.

Once again, Aleatha
Timitra
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Unexpected is about a couple whose marriage is on the rocks. What follows is their attempt to reignite that spark. While I found this story enjoyable it was missing something, that something was connection, I didn't feel any connection to the characters nor did I feel any connection between them. It's a quick, sexy read but not my fave by this author.

However, the prologue for Secrets (the first book in a dark trilogy) at the end has me all kinds of excited. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

A
Ilona
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved- Exciting The title fits this amazing book- nothing is what it seems. Secrets are revealed and relationships questioned. ...more
Stacy
Jo
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marriage on the rocks? Having counselling? A recommendation to go to a remote island for 10 days just the two of you to recapture and be honest within your marriage. Would you take it? Of course you would.
What follows is a sexually charged exploration of a marriage with secrets. Lots of sex, exploration of a Dom relationship and for those who expect to be Aleatha’d , a twist. That is the unexpected.

Remember when you are reading,this is a novella. Short but very sweet. The characters were believa
Alexa Nichole Demers
Aug 14, 2018
Michelle
Hot Hot Hot

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book was so good. I alway get a lil scared when It comes to novellas. Cause I think I m not goin to get the full story of part will be missing. But this has everything that I wanted. There was even are dark theme to the story. I 've read a lot of this author over this year and I m become a huge fan of her work. This is another book that will be added to get collection.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Paul and Jenn's relationship hasnt been goin well there actually on the point off ending it all together. Unt
Heidi
Gwen
Robin
Kearstin
Aug 01, 2018
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist and s ...more
More about Aleatha Romig