Start by marking “If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)

If We Fly

(What If Duet #2)

We fell in love. Then our world fell apart.

I wished so hard for Cole Danforth. And one day, he came true. He was my first boyfriend, my first lover, my first and only love. He should also have been my last.

But in a split-second, we were ripped apart, our lives broken, my heart shattered.

After ten years, I've returned to my hometown, the place of my greatest joy and darkest
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 158 pages
Published September 13th 2018 by Snow Queen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about If We Fly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If We Fly

Start your review of If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Part of my mind is still astonished by how easily any conflict between us can fall away with the onslaught of passion, but it’s as if our bodies remember how good we always were. He kissed me, and I fell into a swirl or pleasure. He touched me, and I flew into the stars.

Nina Lane has once again written another captivating love story that will have her readers dreaming of that once in a lifetime epic romance. Cole and Josie’s love for each oth
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/Inkslinger PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Josie Mays is back home in Castille, Maine after being away for ten years. She's an artist, and is there to paint a mural for the town, and spend time with her sister. What she doesn't expect is to rekindle the passion with her ex Cole Danforth. Cole was her first love, her first everything. The boy who left her with so many broken pieces she's been struggling to find herself again after all these years. She could never resist him. She felt like
Nazanin
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 47%

The twist was told so soon and I felt the story dragged from the beginning! So I quit! BUT you can see from the rating and other reviews that it's ME, not the book! So read it, I'm sure you would enjoy it!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5-4 ⭐'s

Now we get to the nitty gritty of Cole and Josie's story...it's not hard to figure out but I'm not sure I'm happy about what Cole did. I think I'm as torn about it as Cole is.

It was interesting to see Josie work things out, remember things and come to term with it (somewhat). I especially loved their romance...and hey, the angst was really good too! 😉

Likes:

💓The town folk and the mural.
💓Some of Cole's secrets exposed.
💓Professor West's cameos.
💓The ending.
💓The epilogue.

description

Dislikes:

💔Cole's
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Series Review

"What the hell happened to you?"
"You happened to me."

Nina Lane is the creator of one of our favourite erotic emotional romance series, The Spiral of Bliss delivering one of our favourite book couples and let's not forget one of our all-time favourite book boyfriends, the divine Professor Dean West, we'll never be able to thank her enough for that man! The Spiral of Bliss series will always remain in our hearts, and so it was with excited expectations that we dove into her new W
Pick a Book
English / Português

4 stars

Really, guys! This was my first series by Nina Lane and I already am a fan. I love her writing, how it flows through the pages, how you can easily get lost on time reading her stories.

I had hated Cole's change, and I was afraid of not liking him, but thank God that went all down. What  we don't do for love, right? And here he REALLY shows how much he loves Josie.

I really can't tell you much, but what I had imagined at the end of IF WE FALL came to fruition. It is a bea
Dali
Nina Lane ties up loose ends and wonderfully mends broken souls back together in the second installment of her What If? duet. With If We Fly she continues her tear-jerking love story, but this time there are happy tears in the horizon.

Cole Danforth and Josie Mays’ love was one in a million. They would have done anything for each other but a devastating accident broke them apart. Now, ten years later Josie is back in her hometown where Cole is not just the richest man around, he’s merciless and
Malene
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, arc
I’ve been going out of my mind ever since I finished If We Fall cause the ending took me by surprise. I didn’t see it coming so to finally read the conclusion was a relief and one heck of a roller coaster of emotions.

If We Fly picks up right where If We Fall ends and I was instantly on the edge of my seat. Josie and Cole has captured my heart with their amazing love and heartbreaking story.
They’re two strong people who still love each other despite the ten years they’ve been apart. It shows in
AJ
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 happy ending stars

The conclusion to If We Fall (and the prequel novella, If We Leap), this is a satisfying, emotional and gorgeously romantic ending to Cole and Josie’s story.

This book picks up immediately where the last one left off – Josie and Cole are enjoying their reunion after ten years apart, but they are still keeping it very much a secret. Josie is still wrestling with her demons, in town only temporarily to paint a mural to honor the history of the town, Cole has been painted as the
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Let's fly, Josie Bird' Stars!

Finally we get the answers to everything that happened in the past and Josie and Cole get their much deserved happily ever after! I loved reading this love story, seeing how it started, how it developed into so much more, how emotional it got and how finally everything sees the light. This book / duet was definitely intense! I love this couple, their journey together and their chemistry. Nina, as always, does not dissapoint in any department!

I do wish we got more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! Nina Lane did it again!! She left me on the edge of my seat after that cliffy in book 1 and just drowned me in a sea of heartfelt emotions in book two. I JUST came up for air and can say I LOVE this book so much!! Josie and Cole were just amazing! The pure emotion, mystery and love in this book just rocked my world. This book will stay with me for so long!!

Without giving anything away, that ending in book 1 was crazy but book two took the cake. I loved everything about Josie and her integr
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
At the end of the first book Josie was beginning to slowly piece together the memories of that fateful night 10 years ago when she lost her family in an horrific tragedy.

She continues to work on her tribute mural and reminisce about her past in Castille. Her rediscovered relationship with Cole is becoming just as intense and addictive as it was when they were young.

The more Josie talks to people and spends time around places in the town she grew up the more intense the flashbacks are. Eventuall
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 💖💖💖💖🎡🎒📅🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️
NinaReader
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm going to start by saying I love Nina Lane.

In this series she gives us another passionately in love couple who has a long history of knowing each other. Their future was bright. They were humble, bright, ambitious, and understood each other so well when everyone else misunderstood.

The prequel was of their past and how their love blossomed into somethong so intense and beautiful.

Then in IF WE FALL we get how they go from having a forever together to being broken. And oh how broken they both
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading the book as soon as it hit my Kindle. If we fall might not have the biggest cliffhanger, but it got me suspicious about what had happened and I needed to see if I was right or wrong.

Josie and Cole don't have an easy journey. Especially Josie since she have so many things thrown at her and she has to deal with a lot of people and one of them is Vanessa, her sister. I did not like that woman at all. She got on my nerves and for most part I couldn't care for her or her character.
Badass Bloggettes
If we Fly carries on from where If we Fall finishes so there are no gaps or long periods of time.
What Nina Lane has written in this second book shows you how good she is. Josie and Cole will break your heart with their story which is beautifully written.
Nina has also shown that no matter the length of time two people who were madly in love can be apart they can always reconnect and the reconnection is electrifying.
This book will show you that although being apart Josie and Cole still have the a
Amy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
“We fall into each other as easily as thread slipping through the eye of a needle.”

“Our life flashes between us, saturated with all the good, the frustrations, the hope. Everything spins and tumbles, all the little things that make us who we were together-pancakes, oil paint, salt-encrusted work boots, arguments about the calendar, cotton candy on the pier, sugary breakfast cereal. Bright, youthful love. The tension in the air suddenly breaks, like a balloon bursting. We lunge toward each other.
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Believe in Us Stars ~

What happens when saving a little girls Halloween candy turns into the love of your life??

If you want the answer to that question you need to read the What If Duet by Nina Lane. This duet is about love, sacrifice and forgiveness. I dare you NOT to get swept up in this story and the lives of these characters. It’s impossible!!!

If We Fly is the conclusion to this story and the journey of Cole and Josie. I t
Literati Literature Lovers
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant conclusion to an amazing story! If We Fly, book 2, in the What If duet by Nina Lane, is emotional, heartbreaking, heartwarming, sweet and sexy. It is a second chance love story that will fill your heart. It is beautifully written. I fell hard for Cole and Josie.

The story is told in alternating POV which is my favorite because it allows me to really be in the characters’ heads and understand where they’re coming from fully. Author Nina Lane is a master at using this style to let
Kelly
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this series!!! It made me feel!! Tapped into my emotions, especially due to a recent personal situation. The writing was amazing! I could picture everything perfectly! And...I am SO in love with Cole!!!

“Yeah, everyone wants to cling to reminders of the people we lost, but ultimately things don’t matter. Its memories of those people and how we feel about them that matters.”
Shyralf
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars! This was a great Second Chance love story. This was so beautifully written and the content was moving. Great job to the author.
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
This really didn't need to be a duet. There wasn't enough storyline to keep it interesting as it was obvious in book one what had happened.

I loved the kind of heroes the author wrote in her earlier books but now they are just too nice!

Sweet couple but story was a bit boring.
MJ
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
If We Fly is one helluva conclusion to the What If Duet. Nina Lane keeps the angst level high as Cole and Josie once again find themselves at a crossroads as past events become blatantly clear and threaten their second chance at true happiness. I have always wanted Josie to figure out exactly what happened that fateful night that changed the course of her life so many years ago. And with the way If We Fall ended, I just knew that when the truth finally came out, we'd all have to watch as everyth ...more
KFForever
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

If Lane left me gobsmacked in If We Fall, this last installment in the What If series literally played havoc with my emotions. I had a good idea what was coming; however, it was the author’s vivid and multi-faceted portrayal of her characters’ pasts clashing with the present that made the conclusion such an epic one. This exquisite love story brought out all the feels and even though I had a good cry, my tears didn’t stop me from tur
Rebecca
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32

But while this is sage advice, sometimes the cost of the truth ruins lives…destroys hearts…crushes souls.

10 years ago, Cole’s lies stole his happily ever after with Josie and it’s that same misguided judgment that continues to divide these two soulmates. Because even though they’ve reunited their bodies, their hearts and souls still remain separated…still yearning for the love they once shared but making that seemingly im
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Liber_Lady
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SHIT..!!!

This Book..

I am absolutely in love with this series.

Cole Danforth and Josie Mays deserve all the love and hearts and flowers. Their lives haven't been easy. This duet was a long tale of two kids who fall in love, who suffer through life and then finally get the second chance that they truly deserve.

Cole Danforth is an asshole, but the lovable asshole. He is the guy who does assholish things for the good.. And in secret. And he has been in love with Josie Mays since they were little
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
After the way If We Fall ended I couldn’t wait to get my book whore hands on If We Fly and let me tell you I was not disappointed at all. These characters really stole a piece of my heart and I will never ask for that piece back.

My heart broke again for Cole and Josie, especially when secrets are revealed, others judge and hearts break all over again. The angst, the emotional moments, the push and pull between Cole and Josie, it all comes together for an emotional conclusion to a heartbreaking
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2, the conclusion of this couple. The cliffy we were left with on book 1 was such an omg what is going to happen. I was antsy to know. When I started reading this book again like the last I was so completely intrigued that I was flipping & flipping each page wondering what’s going to happen next. Josie’s world is again turned upside-down & we are just reading along sitting on the sideline completely in awe. I felt horrible for all the pain, guilt & other feelings she was going through. Cole ...more
Warpedmind
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 book series

The ending to a tale of Josie and Cole's love story. You can figure out what really happened in the accident from the end of the second book. But you sit and think about Cole and wonder is there a man in this world like him. You find out how much he truly loves Josie. I mean he really loves this girl! Cole is one way to Josie and he lets her see him. The rest of the world thinks of him as a horrible cruel man. He doesn't care what people think of him. He just can't stop loving Josie
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• All My Life
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)
  • The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
  • Timid (Lark Cove, #2)
  • Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)
  • Dane's Storm
  • Long Road Home (Love in the Heartland, #3)
  • Across the Horizon
  • Love Walks In (Bliss Cove, #1)
  • Not Until You (Second Time Around, #3)
  • More of You (Confessions of the Heart, #1)
  • Legacy of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #1)
  • Love Online
  • Trailer Park Heart
  • Long Live the Beautiful Hearts (Beautiful Hearts, #2)
  • Dear Jane
  • The Left Side of Perfect (The Perfect Duet, #1)
  • The Right Side of Forever (The Perfect Duet, #2)
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane writes hot, sexy romances about professors, bad boys, candy makers, and protective alpha males who find themselves consumed with love for one woman alone.

Originally from California, Nina holds a PhD in Art History and an MA in Library and Information Studies, which means she loves both research and organization. She also enjoys traveling and

What If Duet (2 books)
  • If We Fall (What If Duet, #1)