Start by marking “If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)

If We Fly

(What If Duet #2)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  200 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
We fell in love. Then our world fell apart.

I wished so hard for Cole Danforth. And one day, he came true. He was my first boyfriend, my first lover, my first and only love. He should also have been my last.

But in a split-second, we were ripped apart, our lives broken, my heart shattered.

After ten years, I've returned to my hometown, the place of my greatest joy and darkest
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 295 pages
Published September 13th 2018 by Snow Queen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about If We Fly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If We Fly

*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Part of my mind is still astonished by how easily any conflict between us can fall away with the onslaught of passion, but it’s as if our bodies remember how good we always were. He kissed me, and I fell into a swirl or pleasure. He touched me, and I flew into the stars.

Nina Lane has once again written another captivating love story that will have her readers dreaming of that once in a lifetime epic romance. Cole and Josie’s love for each oth
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/Inkslinger PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Josie Mays is back home in Castille, Maine after being away for ten years. She's an artist, and is there to paint a mural for the town, and spend time with her sister. What she doesn't expect is to rekindle the passion with her ex Cole Danforth. Cole was her first love, her first everything. The boy who left her with so many broken pieces she's been struggling to find herself again after all these years. She could never resist him. She felt like she
Nazanin
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 47%

The twist was told so soon and I felt the story dragged from the beginning! So I quit! BUT you can see from the rating and other reviews that it's ME, not the book! So read it, I'm sure you would enjoy it!
Carlabulian
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5. Que lindo! Que história maravilhosa!
Amei! Apesar de ainda achar que a autora deveria ter explorado mais a história dos personagens principais.
Mas não diminuiu o brilho do livro.
Vale a leitura!
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Shelves: arc, favorites

If We Fly was a beautifully written emotional journey in the What If Duet. In this continuation of Cole and Josie's heart-wrenching romance, we finally discover all the circumstances which tore this couple apart. Secrets and mysteries click together to solve the puzzle which haunted Josie for over a decade. The realization of what happened that horrific evening undeniably proved the extent of Cole's sacrifices for the woman he truly and perpetually loved. I stood alongside this couple, feeling
Pick a Book
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
English / Português

4 stars

Really, guys! This was my first series by Nina Lane and I already am a fan. I love her writing, how it flows through the pages, how you can easily get lost on time reading her stories.

I had hated Cole's change, and I was afraid of not liking him, but thank God that went all down. What  we don't do for love, right? And here he REALLY shows how much he loves Josie.

I really can't tell you much, but what I had imagined at the end of IF WE FALL came to fruition. It is a bea
Dali
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nina Lane ties up loose ends and wonderfully mends broken souls back together in the second installment of her What If? duet. With If We Fly she continues her tear-jerking love story, but this time there are happy tears in the horizon.

Cole Danforth and Josie Mays’ love was one in a million. They would have done anything for each other but a devastating accident broke them apart. Now, ten years later Josie is back in her hometown where Cole is not just the richest man around, he’s merciless and
AJ
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 happy ending stars

The conclusion to If We Fall (and the prequel novella, If We Leap), this is a satisfying, emotional and gorgeously romantic ending to Cole and Josie’s story.

This book picks up immediately where the last one left off – Josie and Cole are enjoying their reunion after ten years apart, but they are still keeping it very much a secret. Josie is still wrestling with her demons, in town only temporarily to paint a mural to honor the history of the town, Cole has been painted as the
Malene
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, arc
I’ve been going out of my mind ever since I finished If We Fall cause the ending took me by surprise. I didn’t see it coming so to finally read the conclusion was a relief and one heck of a roller coaster of emotions.

If We Fly picks up right where If We Fall ends and I was instantly on the edge of my seat. Josie and Cole has captured my heart with their amazing love and heartbreaking story.
They’re two strong people who still love each other despite the ten years they’ve been apart. It shows in
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! Nina Lane did it again!! She left me on the edge of my seat after that cliffy in book 1 and just drowned me in a sea of heartfelt emotions in book two. I JUST came up for air and can say I LOVE this book so much!! Josie and Cole were just amazing! The pure emotion, mystery and love in this book just rocked my world. This book will stay with me for so long!!

Without giving anything away, that ending in book 1 was crazy but book two took the cake. I loved everything about Josie and her integr
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
At the end of the first book Josie was beginning to slowly piece together the memories of that fateful night 10 years ago when she lost her family in an horrific tragedy.

She continues to work on her tribute mural and reminisce about her past in Castille. Her rediscovered relationship with Cole is becoming just as intense and addictive as it was when they were young.

The more Josie talks to people and spends time around places in the town she grew up the more intense the flashbacks are. Eventuall
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 💖💖💖💖🎡🎒📅🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading the book as soon as it hit my Kindle. If we fall might not have the biggest cliffhanger, but it got me suspicious about what had happened and I needed to see if I was right or wrong.

Josie and Cole don't have an easy journey. Especially Josie since she have so many things thrown at her and she has to deal with a lot of people and one of them is Vanessa, her sister. I did not like that woman at all. She got on my nerves and for most part I couldn't care for her or her character.
Amy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
“We fall into each other as easily as thread slipping through the eye of a needle.”

“Our life flashes between us, saturated with all the good, the frustrations, the hope. Everything spins and tumbles, all the little things that make us who we were together-pancakes, oil paint, salt-encrusted work boots, arguments about the calendar, cotton candy on the pier, sugary breakfast cereal. Bright, youthful love. The tension in the air suddenly breaks, like a balloon bursting. We lunge toward each other.
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Believe in Us Stars ~

What happens when saving a little girls Halloween candy turns into the love of your life??

If you want the answer to that question you need to read the What If Duet by Nina Lane. This duet is about love, sacrifice and forgiveness. I dare you NOT to get swept up in this story and the lives of these characters. It’s impossible!!!

If We Fly is the conclusion to this story and the journey of Cole and Josie. I tho
Literati Literature Lovers
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant conclusion to an amazing story! If We Fly, book 2, in the What If duet by Nina Lane, is emotional, heartbreaking, heartwarming, sweet and sexy. It is a second chance love story that will fill your heart. It is beautifully written. I fell hard for Cole and Josie.

The story is told in alternating POV which is my favorite because it allows me to really be in the characters’ heads and understand where they’re coming from fully. Author Nina Lane is a master at using this style to let
Badass Bloggettes
If we Fly carries on from where If we Fall finishes so there are no gaps or long periods of time.
What Nina Lane has written in this second book shows you how good she is. Josie and Cole will break your heart with their story which is beautifully written.
Nina has also shown that no matter the length of time two people who were madly in love can be apart they can always reconnect and the reconnection is electrifying.
This book will show you that although being apart Josie and Cole still have the a
Shyralf
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! This was a great Second Chance love story. This was so beautifully written and the content was moving. Great job to the author. ...more
Kelly
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this series!!! It made me feel!! Tapped into my emotions, especially due to a recent personal situation. The writing was amazing! I could picture everything perfectly! And...I am SO in love with Cole!!!

“Yeah, everyone wants to cling to reminders of the people we lost, but ultimately things don’t matter. Its memories of those people and how we feel about them that matters.”
MJ
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
If We Fly is one helluva conclusion to the What If Duet. Nina Lane keeps the angst level high as Cole and Josie once again find themselves at a crossroads as past events become blatantly clear and threaten their second chance at true happiness. I have always wanted Josie to figure out exactly what happened that fateful night that changed the course of her life so many years ago. And with the way If We Fall ended, I just knew that when the truth finally came out, we'd all have to watch as everyth ...more
KFForever
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

If Lane left me gobsmacked in If We Fall, this last installment in the What If series literally played havoc with my emotions. I had a good idea what was coming; however, it was the author’s vivid and multi-faceted portrayal of her characters’ pasts clashing with the present that made the conclusion such an epic one. This exquisite love story brought out all the feels and even though I had a good cry, my tears didn’t stop me from turni
Rebecca
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32

But while this is sage advice, sometimes the cost of the truth ruins lives…destroys hearts…crushes souls.

10 years ago, Cole’s lies stole his happily ever after with Josie and it’s that same misguided judgment that continues to divide these two soulmates. Because even though they’ve reunited their bodies, their hearts and souls still remain separated…still yearning for the love they once shared but making that seemingly im
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
NinaReader
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm going to start by saying I love Nina Lane.

In this series she gives us another passionately in love couple who has a long history of knowing each other. Their future was bright. They were humble, bright, ambitious, and understood each other so well when everyone else misunderstood.

The prequel was of their past and how their love blossomed into somethong so intense and beautiful.

Then in IF WE FALL we get how they go from having a forever together to being broken. And oh how broken they both
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
After the way If We Fall ended I couldn’t wait to get my book whore hands on If We Fly and let me tell you I was not disappointed at all. These characters really stole a piece of my heart and I will never ask for that piece back.

My heart broke again for Cole and Josie, especially when secrets are revealed, others judge and hearts break all over again. The angst, the emotional moments, the push and pull between Cole and Josie, it all comes together for an emotional conclusion to a heartbreaking
Ashley
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2018
I have been anxious to get my hands on this book after finishing If We Fall. Nina Lane has captured my heart and broken it and put it back together in this unique, beautiful story about second chances.

This book picks up right were book one left off. I was turning the pages as fast I could needing to know what was going to happen next. Cole and Josie have a love people dream of. Things were great between them until an accident tore them apart. Now it’s ten years later and Josie is back in town.
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2, the conclusion of this couple. The cliffy we were left with on book 1 was such an omg what is going to happen. I was antsy to know. When I started reading this book again like the last I was so completely intrigued that I was flipping & flipping each page wondering what’s going to happen next. Josie’s world is again turned upside-down & we are just reading along sitting on the sideline completely in awe. I felt horrible for all the pain, guilt & other feelings she was going t ...more
Isha Coleman
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Learning to fly is not easy, yet is something we all must do. For only at our most vulnerable can we truly understand what it means to soar. If We Fly is the journey of two broken hearts trying to become whole. From the innocence of young love to the heartache of adult tragedy, Lane took my heart and wrung it dry. Josie and Cole paint a picture of the glory of love. Even at it's most fragile, love has a way of conquering each obstacle thrown in it's way. Quite an exceptional portrait of true lov ...more
Sheila'S Book Corner
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Duet is phenomenal. I have always been a Nina Lane fan but these books have cemented it.

Now I know our world's were rocked at the end of If we Fall, but in this book all our questions are answered and if you loved Cole before you gonna worship him now.
This book truths come to light, forgiveness is shared and love wins.
This book, this Duet was perfectly written.
It's sexy, hot, intriguing and suspenseful.
Grab it now ladies.
Enjoy!!!!
Ptiteaurel
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
si vous lisez en VO , je ne peux que vous recommander de lire cette saga de Nina Lane qui saura vous faire vivre de superbes émotions aux côtés de personnages formidables , attachants qui vont traverser des tempêtes et ne pas en sortir indemne. La saga What if est une superbe romance sur les deuxièmes chances, sur le pardon et sur l'amour qui dure malgré les épreuves.

Chronique complète http://thelovelyteacheraddictions.blo...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane writes hot, sexy romances about professors, bad boys, candy makers, and protective alpha males who find themselves consumed with love for one woman alone.

Originally from California, Nina holds a PhD in Art History and an MA in Library and Information Studies, which means she loves both research and organization. She also enjoys traveling

What If Duet (2 books)
  • If We Fall (What If Duet, #1)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
“I can’t walk away from you, Josie. Not again.” 0 likes
“I love you.” He presses his lips to the top of my head. A shudder ripples through him. “I never stopped loving you, Josie Bird.” 0 likes