Start by marking “If We Fall (What If Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
If We Fall (What If Duet, #1)

If We Fall

(What If Duet #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  354 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
We fell in love. Then our world fell apart.

I wished so hard for Cole Danforth. And one day, he came true. He was my first boyfriend, my first lover, my first and only love. He should also have been my last.

But in a split-second, we were ripped apart, our lives broken, my heart shattered.

After ten years, I've returned to my hometown, the place of my greatest joy and darkest
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 182 pages
Published August 30th 2018 by Snow Queen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about If We Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If We Fall

Nazanin
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Ten years ago Josie’s life split in two Before and After. There was a tragedy that night! And she couldn’t remember so much of it! But it always finds a way in her nightmares. That’s why she is a successful painter! She paints her pains, her rage, her nightmares, her demons. That pain wasn’t enough, Cole broke Josie’s heart after that and pushed her away. At the time when she needed him the most!

"Whenever you are in the world, whatever happens, please believe all I ever want is for you
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I still taste her name in my mouth. It used to be my favorite word, even if I haven’t said it aloud in years. But it’s gone through my head a million times, always attached to a question. Where is she? How is she? Is she happy?

There are many authors that I love, but only a small group that I hold up high on a pedestal, and Nina Lane is a very special author to me. I know that I will forever swoon and sigh deeply whenever I hear the name Profe
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/Inkslinger PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Josie Mays fell in love with a boy named Cole Danforth. She had everything she'd ever wanted and he was the one thing in life she was always certain of. Then in a split second her entire life is obliterated. Her heart is demolished and in its place is anger and resentment. Darkness flooded her life and she's left feeling shattered and broken. She can't let go of the past and all that's left of the boy she loved so wildly is memories and her occasion
London
Nope. Sorry. I hate books where the hero plays the martyr and breaks up with the heroine and fucks other women during the separation. Especially when the heroine spends the next 10 years miserable and unable to get over him. Sorry, no. He needed to stay celibate and I needed him to not be a complete piece of shit to her once he sees her again. She just jumps right back into his arms after he broke her heart. Pathetic.
Malene
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, arc
4.5 Stars
I need Book 2 - If We Fly now! I gobbled If We Fall up. Once I started I couldn’t put it down. I needed to know why Josie and Cole had been apart for 10 years. Why had he changed from a sweet, caring guy who dreamt about the ocean to a ruthless businessman. Why did he leave Josie? What happened? All I knew was they had a pure love. A love that encompassed everything for Josie. Every firsts she had was with Cole. When they met when Josie was nineteen Cole didn’t own a lot but it wasn’t i
Pick a Book
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
English / Português

4 stars

My first book by Nina Lane was the prequel to this book, IF WE LEAP. And, in a few pages, the author has conquered me. I was crazy to read the continuation of the story of Josie and Cole. In IF WE LEAP we discover how the couple met when they were children until they grown and became a couple. It was a great introduction. However, the author left the drama for IF WE FALL. And, oh my God, what a story! I got stuck in the pages, I even hated Cole and then fell in love for
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Wow! I'm whole heartedly LOOOOOVING this storyline and I can't wait for the next book!! Everything from the backdrop of New England to the tragic undercurrent running beneath the entire book to the sensual second chance romance that oozed with tension and longing had me turning each page desperate for more.

I forgot what an absolutely BREATHTAKING writer and storyteller Nina Lane truly is. I fell in love with her Spiral of Bliss series but have somehow missed out on her last few releases. But th
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s ~ ♦ Full review now posted 10/23/2018 ♦

“Josie, you’re amazing. So much better than a chocolate factory.”

Ten years have passed since something awful happened to Josie and Cole. Josie's been living in San Francisco but she comes home, ready to face her demons (and there's A LOT), help her sister and paint a mural for the town.

Naturally, Cole is also in town and he also has some demons...he just handled things a bit differently that Josie. You'll want to hate him but you really can't.

Likes
The Book Bee
Aug 31, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 55%....for my kindle's safety, I am stopping here.

First and foremost, the prequel for this series was just the dangle of a tease I needed to jump into this new series by a new to me author. I enjoyed it so much that I was so excited to jump into the next book, hoping for some good heartache, some real emotions to pull from. Sign me up!! From where Cole and Josie began, leading all the way up until "their last kiss", I was for sure their story was going to lead me on an emotional journey.
Carla Bulian
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5. Realmente adorei esse livro, apesar de achar que não aprofundou muito na personalidade dos personagens principais, apenas pelos flashbacks.
Vale a leitura.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
After that teasing prequel, If I Leap, I eagerly awaited the arrival of this and it was worth the wait. This story picks up ten years later and what a huge difference 10 years have made to this inseparable couple.

In an effort to heal herself and the impending birth of her nephew Josie has returned the place she grew up and has been commissioned to paint a beautiful mural for the people of her home town. Coming back to Castille brings back horrendous memories for Josie from the night her life was
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font_rend

If We Fall by Nina Lane is an utterly raw heartbreaking love story that takes an unexpected twist and turn. Broken flawed characters and raw emotions sets this book apart as Lane grips readers right off the opening pages. Hearts will be torn as Cole and Josie tell their unique story. Josie is haunted by these nightmares and vision whereas Cole is a broken angry bitter man. But what happens when these former lovers are reunited? Can they fal
Eliza
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it

★4 STARS★

Josie Mays was just nine years old when she decided eleven year old Cole Danforth was going to be her friend. She knew nothing of this reputation of being a “bad kid” but only saw was the boy who saved her from some bullies. Sure, he was grumpy sometimes and liked to be alone, but if anyone could bring him out if his shell it would be her.

In actual fact its ten years that pass before Josie successfully forms her friendship with Cole. He’s finally estranged from his bullying father and w
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Before I ramble on about my adoration for Lane's first installment in her new "What If" duet series, I highly recommend reading "If We Leap." It's free, a quick and steamy read with all the feels, and it introduces this lovable couple while giving insight into their beginnings.

Eloquently written and highly emotional "If We Fall" is the continuing story of Josie Mays and Cole Danforth, two people destined to be together. From childhood friends growing up in the small town of Castille, Maine to t
RentasticReads
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I can’t breathe. I think my heart reached the quota of skipping so many beats the whole time I was reading this, and my mind is still a huge mess. This was so much more than I freaking thought it’d be! If the prequel, If We Leap, pinched at my heart, then this one squeezed and stomped on it like there’s no tomorrow. I couldn’t put this book down. There was no way. I just wanted to devour every page, every chapter, until I reached the end. And even then, all I wanted was more...

When
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Wow, what a story! I enjoyed it so much, I didn’t see time (or the pages) fly and read it in about an hour!

Review to come
Dali
Nina Lane is wonderfully skilled at writing broken souls. With If We Fall she provides a tear-jerking love story with an unforeseen turn.

Cole Danforth and Josie Mays had probably been in love since before they were born. They were each other’s many first and thought they’d be their last. But a tragic accident put them on different paths. A decade later a haunted by nightmares and phobias Josie has returned to her hometown, but the one she once loved has been replaced with a tyrant determined to
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 💖💖💔💔🍬🌄 🔦🥃 🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣

“I loved you before we were even born.” Cole
Saunders
Great start and even better to read that my favourite Professor Dean West was mentioned in the story. Straight onto book 2.
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails.

Full review to come.
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
If We Fall picks up where from where If We Leap ended and boy let me just tell you....this is going to be such a great duet, it sucked me right in starting from page 1!

Josie had left her little town after what happened with her family and Cole and she needed a change and move on especially when Cole left her with no explanation or answers. Josie was beyond devastated.

Now, it's 10 years later and she returns to draw a mural in honor of her parents but Cole is adamant that he doesn't want Josie t
AJ
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This is a raw and emotional second-chance-romance that is dramatic, passionate and gorgeously romantic. It’s a quick read that packs a punch as we are taken on an emotional journey with two broken and damaged characters struggling with their demons yet beginning the path back to each other, and I loved it! I felt it all, and I struggled to put it down as I was sucked right into their journey.

I would definitely recommend reading the prequel novella If We Leap before making a start on this
KFForever
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

Ooh my, I still can’t wipe the grin off my face regardless of the ginormous cliffy which I might add, knocked me for six! Yeah, it’s totally Nina’s style but at the same time, totally unexpected since I thought she’d lead me to a place where there’d be a glimmer of hope. And although this is the first book in the What If Duet, I highly recommend reading the prequel first, If We Leap. It takes place a while back, giving readers a better
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
GAH!! After that shocking cliffy in the prequel, I could not read If We Fall fast enough!! OMG!! I absolutely loveeeeed this story!! Set in the amazing town of Castille, off the coast of Maine, I could not help but rejoice at the The Secret Thief easter eggs throughout the story. Lane once again wrote a story filled with passion, love, loss and mystery. I could not devour this fast enough!!

Without giving away any spoilers, it is now ten years after that horrific tragedy at the end of When We Lea
Ptiteaurel
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
J'avais passé un bon moment avec le prequel et j'avais hâte de retrouver Cole et Josie pour de nouvelles aventures. Je ne m'attendais pas à la tournure que l'intrigue allait prendre et je me suis prise une belle claque. Nina Lane a su me tenir en haleine jusque la fin de ce premier tome et je peux vous dire que je suis impatiente de découvrir la suite car cette fin.....

Chronique complète http://thelovelyteacheraddictions.blo...
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

If We Fall still not only has my emotions on overdrive, but after that ending, I absolutely have to have If We Fly now. I am begging you Ms. Lane, please put me out of my misery and tell me what is going to happen between Cole and Josie. Now if you want the full impact of their past, then please read If We Leap first, it just added to the emotional rollercoaster of their past and the pain the both feel.

Cole and
Sofia Lazaridou
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the end of the prequel novella, I was wondering what happened to Cole and Josie and broke them apart. This book explains early on what happened. At first, that excuse seemed silly to me, but after the end of this book, I don't think so anymore. The cliffhanger even though was not a huge one, made me need the second book because I need answers.

The way I see it, this part of the duet aims to set the story for the grown up characters, letting us see how their lives are and give Josie and Cole
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
O.M.G.

This book was utterly fantastic!!! I absolutely cannot wait for the finale!

EVERYONE needs to read this duet....words are insufficient to describe how amazing this story is! Just READ IT!!!
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved this author's Spiral of Bliss Series but since then, her stories can be hit and miss for me. As this is a duet, I'm not sure how I feel at the moment but the writing is not as good as in Spiral of Bliss.

I couldn't really understand why Cole did what he did but by the reveal at the end I had guessed what had really happened and so now it makes more sense why Cole wanted to protect Josie but really? Their abiding love for one another could easily have got them through it.

I've never liked c
Cyndi Becker
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Following Nina Lane's standalone The Secret Thief, we return to Castille, Maine for the story of Josie and Cole. Their's is the story and young love, first love, and just maybe forever love. Nina never fails to fore all my attention to her characters and their stories and this story completely captivated me. To read about the start of Josie and Cole, pick up If We Leap. This part of their journey takes us past one a tragic event and the aftermath on Josie and Cole. As I said, I get completely s ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane writes hot, sexy romances about professors, bad boys, candy makers, and protective alpha males who find themselves consumed with love for one woman alone.

Originally from California, Nina holds a PhD in Art History and an MA in Library and Information Studies, which means she loves both research and organization. She also enjoys traveling

What If Duet (2 books)
  • If We Fly (What If Duet, #2)
“I loved you before we were even born.” He pressed his face to my hair. “I’d never leave you, not if I didn’t have to. You will always be my best friend, and wherever you are in the world, whatever happens, please believe all I ever want is for you to be safe and happy. I’ll do anything for you except stay. Anytime, anywhere, for as long as we live. Anything. Remember that.” He detached himself from me slowly, bent to kiss my cheek, and whispered, “I love you, my Josie Bird.” 0 likes
“Holy shit. What I have I done to her? I failed her in more ways that I can count, for longer than I’d ever imagined. Nothing I’ve done has worked to protect her. The girl I’d once loved more than life. I can’t fail her again. Won’t.” 0 likes