Start by marking “The Bachelor Auction” as Want to Read:

The Bachelor Auction

"Out of all the stupid things I could have said and done, insulting the rich and influential guy who could make or break our business has probably topped the charts. Calling someone a creep isn’t so bad, is it?"

Published June 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Bachelor Auction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bachelor Auction

Start your review of The Bachelor Auction
Kiki
Alex ♈
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe

Funny and safe read.
Hero was NOT a manwhore -> hurrah!
And I liked the heroine, she made him work for her attention *lol*

This story had a potential for a longer book.

Zero OW! The heroine wasn't a virgin. No slut-shaming. No OP at all.

(view spoiler)
Richelle Robinson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to say novellas are pretty much hit or miss for me and this one was a hit! This is my first time reading anything by this author and I enjoyed the story, the plot flowed and the characters were enjoyable. I loved the tension between Tyler and Emily throughout the story, I also liked the banter with Lucky as well. Once you read it will all make sense. When the book was over I was wishing it was longer! I will definitely be checking out more back titles from this author!

“Received a review
Ayekah
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did I need to add to the already skyrocketing temps of mid summer? Absolutely I did when it came to this hot little read! Oh how I have missed Jessica and her men. I never know whether I should hug them, smack them or both.
When Emily gets roped into going to an auction with her best friend/business partner Brenda she's totally out of her element, and her mind is spinning a mile a minute. Particularly the moment Brenda bids of the man of the evening and places the winning bid. But not in her own
J.C. Reed
Jun 03, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
All is fair in love and business…

My friend’s plan is pretty simple: win the bachelor auction in a charity event and get the most influential man to sign a business deal with us. It’s a do or die situation. But plans rarely go as you would expect.

When the bids begin to take ginormous proportions, my friend can’t stop in her rush of excitement. We don’t have the money. We can’t afford him, and yet, before I can even comprehend what’s happening, we’re the highest bid.

“The bachelor” aka Tyler Beck
Renee
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

All is fair in love and business.....My friend's plan is pretty simple: win the bachelor auction in a charity event and get the most influential man to sign a business deal with us. It's a do or die situation. But plans rarely go as you expect. When the bids begin to take ginormous proportions, my friend can't stop in her rush of excitement. We don't have the money. We can't afford him, and yet, befo
Sandy S
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 1, 2018

April Symes
This is a sizzling, short and sassy romance read. This story is told pretty much through Emily’s POV.
Tyler and Emily originally meet at the auction, when Emily’s business partner bids on a date with Tyler for business purposes. Emily’s business partner overbid too much and didn’t have the money there after winning. Tyler Becks CEO of Becks International is the hot bachelor who was bid on, and won. He is this sexy character who really has good motives for going thru this each year. Tyler looks t
Laiza
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Short and fast.... I feel like the story should be a little bit longer...
Zita
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-arcs
Cute and amusing with interesting characters…

When Emily Harding’s business partner and best friend comes up with an outrageous scheme to save their business that entails winning a bachelor auction and then convincing the man to hire them she’s hesitant but goes for it, they are that desperate. As Co-CEO of their two-woman publicist company, she did not expect but should have known, that her partner would bid more money than they could afford and she’ll have to find some way out of it. When she m
Helyce
The blurb pulled me in for this new to me author. Emily Harding and her business partner Brenda invest the last of their savings attending an auction where they hope to win a date with single and successful business tycoon Tyler Becks. Everything Tyler touches turns to gold, and Brenda firmly believes that he is the one that can put their business on the map. Emily doesn’t want to have anything to do with Brenda’s plan, but as they are out of options she goes along with it all.

There was a lot t
Sharrice
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
J.C. Reed is definitely one of those authors I always decide to read. After reading her Surrender You Love series I was hooked on her books. The books are always super sexy with hot alpha-male characters that totally have you swooning. The stories are unique and hold a bit of mystery that is difficult to find after reading 300+ books a year for five years. Needless to say, The Bachelor Auction had some high expectations to live up to.

Emily and her best friend are trying to save their failing bus
JoAnna G
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This is not my first book by this author and it won't be my last. I had fun relaxing and reading this book. It was the perfect beach read for me. It was quick, easy, blunt, to the point. You were pulled in quickly from the get-go. The perfect lazy day read. I laughed out loud at times.

I may be the minority here but I really liked this book. I know he is pompous and arrogant. Especially when he was at the auction. I just can't help but like him. He is a bit of an alpha and he is career driven.

E
Nicole Normand
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book discounted on Amazon via eBookDiscovery; this is my honest review.
-Entertaining to say the least. Funny, sad, and a bit creepy for sure.
-In real life, I would stay away from Brenda as a BFF or partner in business.
-Predictable. You could see where this was going but without boredom. Loved the surprise at the end.
-I didn't like that the book finished at 72% to give us a sneak peek of another one. Romance, for one, was lacking and could have been worked on better.
-Open door scenes
Lynn Mullan
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought this was an OK read, but it finished way before the end of the book.
In my opinion, the Surrender your Love series is the best series that J.C. Reed has written so far.
This was a lighthearted romantic read, but the romantic suspense of SYL, and the dual locations of New York and Italy made that series something special. More of that, please.
This was OK, but there are a lot of rom-coms around, and the suspense is more gripping.
Tammy
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great, short romance and I read it in one sitting.

Tyler and Emily originally meet at the auction, when Emily’s business partner bids on a date with Tyler for business purposes. I enjoyed how they interacted with each other, both for business and pleasure.

I really loved this little story and would have loved to see more from them.
Kim
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
71%

That's where it ends. At least it was only .99.
The heroine was annoying. There's nothing likable about a woman who thinks like a hormonal teenager.
The H is ok. Yeah he confirmed who she was in a shady way, but she looked through his phone without permission. Tit for Tat.
Carol
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Bachelor Auction

So exciting, two women think they can get a shot at an opportunity for a business connection, to get their start by going to a charity auction. One never knows what will be, there are surprises, unknown's, secrets, cannot wait for you all to see what will become of all the twists and turns. So fun to read😊, Enjoy.
Manda Kelley
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I really liked the idea of this book. I was excited to jump in and get to know these characters. This was a super fast paced novella that made it a little difficult for me to get into the characters and story line. I liked the characters but really felt like I was missing out on connecting with them. It was a good read just a little bit too fast for me personally.
Tonya Gonzalez
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Different

Nice, clean, free flowing story. Where a young woman finds herself attached to this pain in the ass of a Greek God. After her best-friend bided on him, for charity and won him for one dinner date. In the hopes of helping them. The question is, will she give in to temptation or keep him at arms length or run?
Patricia Koch
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Bachelor Auction

Awesomeness, Sexual, Drama and Romance this book was all that and more! Funny how much two people who wanted each other found what they were looking for found each other after all that sexual relationship between the two lovers in this book. A delish book contained exceptional relationship between them! ENJOY!
Rosie Willow
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Storyline is very nice.

Story ended too quickly. In general, J C Reed’s stories are very deep,lovely and meaningful. Storyline is pretty good, but I think this book didn’t reach the authors level.
patsy braica
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK

Awesome!!! Totally enjoyed reading this "can't put it down" book.
It had a slow start, but soon caught up. The main characters were great. Will starting the rest of the series soon, hope it is as good or better. Keep up the good work. Love Love Youre work.
Erica
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was cute

This book was cute. It was short and kinda predictable. I knew the story ending the first few chapters of the book. Still a small cute read.
Veronica Mostel
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Wow what a book. Having a pen pal and finding out he is the guy your working for. I loved how they connected on and off the charts. Great book
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 “Lucky” Stars!
I loved this read! Simple as that.

The Review:
Fun, entertaining and super sexy, The Bachelor Auction was definitely a win! This novella was short and steamy and gave me those delicious tummy flutters I love so much. This isn’t my first read by J.C. Reed but it might be my favorite. I absolutely loved Tyler Becks! Yum!

Story/Characters...
Emily Harding and h
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
When best friends Emily and Brenda decided to start their own publicity company, they are ready to take on the world. Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned and they are running out of money and ideas to keep their business afloat. All they need is one big client to get them off the ground . . . and Brenda has the perfect idea. Emily never thought her friend was crazy enough to go through with it.

When Tyler’s, one of the wealthiest and most influential businessmen in the country is won
Jeannie
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet short tale, interesting characters and the storyline was decent - Modern day romance

Emily Harding goes along with her friend and business partner to an auction with one thing in mind... Get the date with the billionaire and then have him help their struggling business. Only that wasn't Emily's plan, it was her friend's plan, Emily just thought she was going along to support her crazy friend make them bankrupt. When they win the date, Emily is thrust in the limelight and forced by her busi
Samantha Ortegon
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Bachelor Auction is a quick and sexy read. One hot sexy alpha businessman becomes distracted by a beautiful woman who needs to land a business deal to save her company. I really like the flirty banter and slow tease in the story that leads up to one steamy connection.

Emily Harding's business partner Brenda had a plan to win one night with a CEO to land a contract with his business at a bachelors auction. Using the last of the funds in their account Brenda wins with a bid that they can't affo
Theresa
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Going once... Going twice...

Quick read about a small start up, having confidence, online dating, and a pushy billionaire. You may wonder how all of those things can fit together in a novella, but they do. Story takes place in New York City and Las Vegas. Has teasing, innuendo, and electricity. And now a bit about the story...

Emily and her business partner, Brenda, bought tickets to a charity auction they can't afford. Their small business is about to go under. But it they can just land one big c

• All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • Destroyed With You (Stark Security, #5)
  • This Is Not the Jess Show (This Is Not the Jess Show, #1)
  • Hoopla: The Art of Unexpected Embroidery
  • How to Date a Younger Man
  • My Brother's Roommate (Frisky Business, #2)
  • Love Machine
  • Billionaire Unwed: Zeke
  • The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow, #1)
  • Notorious (Rebels of the Ton, #1)
  • The Convenient Marriage
  • 88 Names
  • Shopping for a Yankee Swap (Shopping for a Billionaire, #17)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • The Interview: New York & Los Angeles
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
J.C. Reed is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She writes steamy contemporary romance with a touch of mystery.

To find out about Jessica's work, future releases, competitions and great giveaways visit her website at http://www.jcreedauthor.com
or
Facebook page

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...