Start by marking “Standing By” as Want to Read:
Standing By

Standing By

Surviving high school is full of emotional twists and turns, isn’t it?

After his parents divorced, Eric Hudson vowed that he’d never let himself fall in love. Love will only lead to a broken heart. So it’s fortunate that Eric is just as good at protecting his heart as he is the goal on the soccer field.

Julie Williams faces her problems with the same force that makes her the
Published June 30th 2018 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Standing By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Standing By

Start your review of Standing By
Tabitha Kelly
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Update: 5/19/2019
Still in shock that this all came from my head. Like, what?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes, I'm biased, since I wrote it. However, reading it again after not looking at or thinking about my babies for two months brought back the memories of writing the scenes and shocking myself with what came out as I was writing.
benjaminbookworm™
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really great book! A lot of funny/witty characters who you can relate to! And the story is relatable as well.
Tiffany Smead
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Standing By is an excellent teen book told from two alternating perspectives of Eric and Julie, co-captains of their high school soccer team.

The characters are both well developed and drill down deeper than a lot of mainstream books on the market now. I loved the romance story and even found myself caught off guard once or twice, which was a delight.

It’s very well written. I definitely recommend this book to pre-teens and up. It’s a great read even if you’re not a sports enthusiast.

I can honestl
Camille☾
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved all the characters in this story - they were so relatable to how my friends and I were in high school, as well as the relationship I have with my own brothers. Even some of the situations dealing with relationships were relatable. Overall, this book is a very engaging read and it goes by quick!

I have to admit, I want to know what happens to the characters after this book! :D
J.B.
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book. The characters are super relatable, funny, and witty. I also love that you really see their growth throughout the progression of the book.
It’s absolutely beautifully written. It’s a sweet and accurate portrayal of high school. I really enjoyed it !!!
Holly J.
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story-line. Fun characters. Quick read that is great for all ages.
Becky Helterbran
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't usually have the patience for high school romance (too much angst), but this was a well crafted story with characters I could imagine walking into my classroom. I very much enjoyed the author's first novel, and look forward to her next offering!
Genie in a Novel
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To put it simply, I loved this book! It was so relatable and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Full review on my blog!
Misty Rhodes
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Full of relatable characters and a believable coming-of-age plot that I enjoyed reading. I'd highly recommend this book to family and friends, no matter their age :)
Gus Upon a Time
Apr 19, 2019

• Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories
  • Time Bomb
  • Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #3)
  • Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
  • The Burning Page (The Invisible Library, #3)
  • Freaky in Fresno
  • The Lost Plot (The Invisible Library, #4)
  • The Masked City (The Invisible Library, #2)
  • The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1)
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
  • Black City (Black City, #1)
  • Love & Gelato (Love & Gelato, #1)
  • Want (Want, #1)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People's Lives Better, Too)
Librarian, MLIS. Author. Blogger. Ravenclaw. Daydreams too much. Definitely not a cat.

You'll either find me reading, taking photos of books, or yelling at the Buffalo Bills. I watch the occasional movie and sometimes dance around my house listening to music when no one is home.

Oh, I write stories too.

News & Interviews

“It's like when you're learning to ride a bike. You're going to fall and you might get hurt, but you get back up on the bike and try again. And even when you get the hang of it there's still going to be bumps in the road, but you just keep riding.” 4 likes
“But the thing about thunderstorms is that there’s always a sense of peace when once the storm is over.” 2 likes