Start by marking “A Suitable Wife (The Fitzgeralds of Dublin, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Suitable Wife (The Fitzgeralds of Dublin, #2)

A Suitable Wife

(The Fitzgeralds of Dublin #2)

Can Will and Isobel hold the Fitzgeralds together when tragedy and betrayal threaten to tear the family apart?

Dublin, Ireland, 1881. Will and Isobel Fitzgerald settle into number 30 Fitzwilliam Square, a home they could once only have dreamed of. A baby is on the way, Will takes over the Merrion Street Upper medical practice from his father and they are financially secure.
Kindle Edition
Published September 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Suitable Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Suitable Wife

Start your review of A Suitable Wife (The Fitzgeralds of Dublin, #2)
Tina Williams
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stirring and heartfelt read with colourful characters
I just loved this latest release from Lorna Peel! A Suitable Wife, set in 1881, continues the story of the Dublin doctor Will and his wife Isobel who we first meet in A Scarlet Woman. The book can be read as a stand-alone but I recommend that you pick up the first book to get the most of this most emotional and page turning read.
The book delves deeply into relationships between the sexes and between social classes – not solely the relations
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
AMAZING!!! This book not only continues the story of Will and Isobel, but also those around them with many twists, shocking stories, and wonderful surprises. Just like in A Scarlet Woman Lorna covers a range of real subjects that play a part in the whole story. There are heartbreaking moments, but plenty of happy ones to heal those heartbreaking ones. I did not see everything about his brother happening or any of what happened with Fred coming. I really did not expect the twist when she had the ...more
Diana
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Suitable Wife is the second book in this series. It continues Will and Isobel's story and it is wonderful! Usually, I zip through books I love, often finishing them in one sitting, but I couldn’t do that with this one. The story is so intensely emotional that I had to keep taking breaks from reading and toward the end I had to be sure I had tissues. This book is excellently written, well plotted and the characters will rip your heart out.

I recommend that the first book in this series "A Scarle
Nicole Laverdure
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally powerful! A MUST to read! 5 stars plus

'A Suitable Wife' is the second of Lorna Peel’s books that I have read and I wasn’t disappointed. Ms. Peel is a very talented storyteller. Each time, I read one of her novels, she knows how to captivate my interest. This emotional story has its ups and downs, but also some very touching moments. This author is truly a high quality writer!

Set in Dublin, Ireland 1881, it tells the touching journey of a young couple named Isobel and Dr Will Fitzger
Katherine
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in the Fitzgeralds of Dublin series, I was eager for more of the gritty, atmospheric world of Ireland in the late eighteen hundreds. The writing, tone, characters, dialogue and setting are of the finest I've read. I am completely engrossed in this series now. What I love most is that every character is fully developed and very real. No one is always right and no one is always wrong. I love getting lost in the Fitzgerald family's world and I look forward to picking up ...more
Stupid Fox
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: couldnt-finish
Olga
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lorna Peel is an author who holds your interest from beginning to end! This book does not disappoint. Make sure you read A Scarlet Woman, the first book in the series, before getting immersed in this one. It is very difficult to put her books down once you start reading.
Donna
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love series set in the Victorian period and this one is up there with the best of them. The characters are well drawn with my sympathies moving from one to another as the story unfolds. Just added book three to my TBR list.
Patricia Balfe
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved A Scarlet Woman and I was rather afraid that A Suitable Wife wouldn't be as good but I need not have worried. This is a fantastic follow up with a truly gripping story and I cried and I laughed and I gasped with delight and I can't wait for book three!
Marion
I really enjoyed this continuation of Will and Isobel's story. There are plenty of twists, turns, shocks and surprises and I look forward to reading more of this series.
Caroline
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read containing the bad and the good of this era. I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great second book in this series. Again, plenty of unexpected twists and turns. On to book three!
Monica
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family-saga
A great follow-up. Plenty of twists and turns and lows and highs for the characters, who are now like old friends to me. The next book is on my TBR list.
Fiona
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it was a great follow up to A Scarlet Woman. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Randy
Monean
Sep 25, 2019
Brenda Greenwood
Jan 24, 2019

• Love and Marriage at Harpers: A heartwarming saga from bestseller Rosie Clarke (Welcome To Harpers Emporium Book 2)
  • The Slum Angel
  • The Child from the Ash Pits
  • A Time to Rejoice (Rivenshaw #3)
  • The Last Goodbye
  • The Children from Gin Barrel Lane
  • A Shilling for a Wife
  • The Wartime Sisters
  • The Girl From the Corner Shop
  • The Pearl of Penang (Penang #1)
  • Prisoners from Penang (Penang #2)
  • A Time for Renewal (Rivenshaw #2)
  • The Chalky Sea (The Canadians #1)
  • War Girl Ursula (War Girls #1)
  • The Alien Corn (The Canadians #2)
  • The Frozen River (The Canadians #3)
  • Storms Gather Between Us: A compelling saga of love, strife and the power of determination
  • When We Were Brave
Lorna Peel is an author of historical fiction and mystery romance novels set in Ireland and the UK. Lorna was born in England, grew up in North Wales and now lives in rural Ireland. A SCARLET WOMAN, A SUITABLE WIFE and A DISCARDED SON – books one to three in The Fitzgeralds of Dublin Series set in Victorian Ireland – are out now on Kindle, in paperback and on Kindle Unlimited. Book four - A FORLOR ...more

The Fitzgeralds of Dublin (3 books)
  • A Scarlet Woman (The Fitzgeralds of Dublin, #1)
  • A Discarded Son (The Fitzgeralds of Dublin, #3)