Start by marking “Annabelle & Aiden: What Happens When We Die?” as Want to Read:
Annabelle & Aiden: What Happens When We Die?

Annabelle & Aiden: What Happens When We Die?

[Purchase for less at AnnabelleAndAiden.com] In this inspiring, life-affirming tale, Annabelle asks, "What happens when we die?" Aiden dreams of an afterlife with marshmallow shoes and chocolate kangaroos. But with the help of their dear friends like the Skeptisaurus and Tardigrade Tom, the children discover what we do know, and how worth celebrating it is. How our atoms r ...more
Published June 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Annabelle & Aiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annabelle & Aiden

Start your review of Annabelle & Aiden: What Happens When We Die?
Sasha ☾ ˚✧⁎
I have no words. I want to talk about how much I enjoyed the fact that this book made sure to be equal parts imagination and science. What happens to our souls and what happens to our bodies. These are clearly children's books and they never talk down to the reader, it just makes everything sound so smart and dreamy. Death isn't dreamy but this book would probably make it an easier concept for a kid to swallow. ...more
Katherine Bertram
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Dr Seuss meets Tuck Everlasting meets Neil Degrass Tyson. The ideas were mostly over my kids' heads but it was an honest answer which I liked. ...more
Bonnie
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Children often experience death—of a beloved pet, or grandparents, or of a younger close relative or friend. Or even insects they've swatted. But we adults have a hard time explaining death to them.
The Annabelle & Aiden series of deep books about science first delves into the children's imagination, when they watch a bird hit a window and die. But then it brings them back to earth with a scientific explanation they can understand.
The books are all beautifully illustrated, and the content of the
Liz Etnyre
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Good message, well presented, but a bit hard to read on a Kindle. I also have a hard copy and it could be easier to read there as well, especially some of the lighter, type face erata....but very artistic! (-and I can't zoom in and out of the hard copy! Oh, for some younger eyes!) Because of the detail in the drawings, I would recommend a hard copy or viewing the Kindle edition on a 10" or larger screen. Difficult concepts are presented in an entertaining and non-threatening way. Love the artwor ...more
Charles Daniel
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Book About Death for Children Being Raised as Non-Religious

I like the approach of this book on th subject of death and what happens to "us" when we die. The facts of life and death are laid out in a truthful, yet comforting, manner; which, I think, might be understandable to children as young as five years old and will certainly be grasped by those who are ten years old and older.

I recommend this book to all children, and adults for that matter, who may be dealing with the concept of their ow
Jamie Wilhelm
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

When a father of one of our child’s classmates passed suddenly and unexpectedly this book was helpful to help us discuss the death with our daughter who was very upset by the news.
Terri Mignemi
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Account

What a wonderful account of what happens when we die. We just turn into something different - and they back it up with scientific facts where needed. Brilliant book! Loved it.
Sabrina Alexander
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The laws of thermodynamics combined with poetry, art and the human desire for continuity to explain our relationship with death. Brilliant!
Kendra
Beautiful quick read
MJKF
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This would be the only book I would recommend to parents who's child is suffering from lost or just curious about death. ...more
Amy McKay
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-oliver
Beautiful and easy to understand

This book is beautifully illustrated and thoughtfully written. It’s perfect for young inquiring minds!! It is both enlightening and comforting.
Heather E. Robyn, Author
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Just beautiful

Death is a difficult subject to talk about but this story nailed it. What a beautiful and moving experience of words to help ease kids on this topic.
WheeldonHS
A good secular non-fiction story book for children however the rhymes often feel really forced and it would have been better just to forego the rhyming.
Nebula
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful Book
Amanda Hood
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good acknowledgement of death

Good read and nice rhyming. I love the acknowledgement that things will change and that’s ok. That’s a god lesson as we live life too.
Elaine Herrick
Excellent

I wish I’d had a book like this when I was a child. This thoughtful story helps kids understand and accept death as a natural part of life and show why it’s not something to fear.
Diana
Satin Dollipop
Feb 08, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Annabelle & Aiden: SAPIENS: Our Human Evolution
  • Turkey Goes to School (Turkey Trouble Book 5)
  • Mama's Last Hug: Animal Emotions and What They Tell Us about Ourselves
  • The Truth About Cancer Second Edition: A Child's Guide To Understanding Cancer (The Truth Series)
  • The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew--Three Women Search for Understanding
  • War of the Worldviews: The Struggle Between Science and Spirituality
  • The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness, and Peace
  • Disproving Christianity and Other Secular Writings
  • The Great Starvation Experiment: The Heroic Men Who Starved so That Millions Could Live
  • Life After Death: The Burden of Proof
  • The Self-Driven Child: The Science and Sense of Giving Your Kids More Control Over Their Lives
  • Snow, Glass, Apples [Chapbook]
  • The One and Only Bob
  • If My Nose Could Talk
  • Immortal Souls (Power & Magic: Queer Witch Comic Anthology, #2)
  • Ghost Hog Free Comic Book Day 2019
  • What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
  • Alexander the Avoider: A Sensory Processing Disorder Story (Sensory Stories Book 2)
See top shelves…
J. R. holds a B.A. in Philosophy and a Juris Doctorate from Emory University School of Law. When he's not practicing entertainment law, playing drums, or enjoying the great outdoors, Joseph enjoys all the science and philosophy books and podcasts he can, pondering the bigger questions and dreaming up ideas for future children stories.

After publishing his first (philosophical, dystopian) novel The