Start by marking “Me, Myself & Ideas: The Ultimate Guide to Brainstorming Solo” as Want to Read:
Me, Myself & Ideas: The Ultimate Guide to Brainstorming Solo

Me, Myself & Ideas: The Ultimate Guide to Brainstorming Solo

Part business resource, part inspirational workbook, The Lone Brainstormer is a visually-driven idea generator that teaches self-employed professionals—be they artists, freelancers, or CEOs—the habits they need to bring out their hidden creative talents.

Offering tips, tools, and exercises aimed at crushing mental blocks and forging ahead with fresh ideas, The Lone Brainst
Published April 30th 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Me, Myself & Ideas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me, Myself & Ideas

MischaS_
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, english
***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Well, this was disappointing for me.

For a book that is supposed to help you with organisations... it's somewhat unorganised. Jumping from here to there then repeating what was said couple pages earlier.

As for the "ideas" part. That is definitely not for me. I understand that these tips and ways may help other people, but for me, it would be counterproductive.

However, I have to say that visually the b
Jane
This is a great resource for anyone who must do some brainstorming on their own. Although this targets those who are self-employed, it also contains ideas that would help anyone plan a personal project of any sort.

Some of the suggestions within might be a bit obvious for anyone who has done a lot of brainstorming either in groups or on their own. I also found it a bit puzzling that in one breath the authors roll their eyes with you about the cringey activities that are often encouraged in corpor
Etienne
Mar 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is a book that suppose to do two things. First help you organized your though kind of, and the book is, in my opinion, not really well organized. Second, it pretend to help creative people finding a way to brainstorm/organized their thoughts, but if you're creative I think you should be able to use your creativity to find your own way to do it, that is way creativity is... I just don't see the points with this one, I was curious to have a look and that's why I pick it. but for me this is th ...more
Books by Kimi
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, 2019
I randomly saw this title on Netgalley and the cover jumped at me - in a good way! It looked fun and playful, everything someone stuck in a creative rut would appreciate! I'm about to write my bachelor thesis in the field of Digital Marketing and I honestly got some amazing tips and tricks from this handy little book, that I will use throughout the process of writing my report. It will especially be very helpful in the beginning, to narrow down my problems and keep my focus.

I love the vibrant c
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
I have to admit that it took me way more time than just 1 hour to read this one. I’m not sure it was so much more put all the time I spent with it together, but I simply couldn’t read it in one sitting. Not that it’s long, or hard to digest. It’s not. But I expected something light and inspiring, and I’m not sure that’s what I got. In a way, yes, it’s exactly that: there are relatively short texts and many things are explained via illustrations, and the aim is clearly to give step by step tips t ...more
Diane Hernandez
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Whether you are trying to think up the perfect plot for your great American novel, create a new business, or energize an existing business with a new product or marketing plan, Me, Myself & Ideas can help.

Brainstorming is usually done in a group. But what if there is only you in the room? The authors have modified traditional brainstorming ideas so they can be performed by one person. They begin with breakouts and icebreakers to warm up your brain. But the meat of the book is in the brainsto
Rosa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-in-2019
I obtained some helpful tips from reading this book, but found it to be lacking in depth. I went into it expecting to find deep, well-ordered methods of sparking creativity. What I found felt more like a book of “500 ways to brainstorm.” At times, it was hard to figure out exactly what the object of the chapter was. I was completely lost at other points. The book seemed geared toward millennials who have a short attention span and lack any true depth in creativity. On a positive note, it was col ...more
Genevieve Trono
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
As someone who works in the creative field and also tackles a lot of solo projects, I was excited about this book and thought it sounded like it might be applicable to my situation. While the idea is great in theory, the execution just didn't work that well for me.

I found that Me, Myself & Ideas had some good brainstorming ideas but it jumped all over and I found it hard to stay focused while reading. While I think they were striving to make the book more pleasing to look at, the graphics m
Priya
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A visually appealing book, full of practical exercises and wonderful advice on brainstorming. I especially loved the part where authors list the major roadblocks and then steps to move past them. A paperback or hardcopy would be better than a Kindle version.

I received a free copy from NetGalley.
Angelica
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well done book. As I used to be in different training situations, I think this book would be useful for team projects to get ideas started, especially with groups that aren’t that creative by nature. I also think for high school students and those just starting college, it may help get you thinking outside of the box in order to get the creative mojo going when you may feel blocked. I personally like the way the book is formatted and I appreciate its overall aesthetic. Lots of fun and different ...more
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, nonfiction
In these modern times of solopreneurs, freelancers, and those who are interested in developing side hustles, this book means to guide the reader about how to do solo brainstorming. This might seem like an impossible phrase, but it is really about finding the ideas and answers within yourself to problems you might face in your solo business career since you don’t have the support of a group. The authors are like cheerleaders, using bright colors, nonlinear page design, and sometimes wacky ideas i ...more
Alina
Me, Myself & Ideas is a good guide on how to brainstorm when you work by yourself. This book contains tips, advices, suggests solo activities that simply helps the reader to generate their thoughts and ideas. I was already familiar with many points and advices presented in the book by reading countless articles online and discussing similar subjects with others, however, this is a great handbook that keeps the collection of all the ideas in one place.

It is also very informative and easy to r
Desiree M
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Me, Myself & Ideas covers general tactics for brainstorming, creative thinking, and gathering inspiration. There's advice on organization, arranging inspiration, and warming up your brain for the kind of output you may need either for your own business, or other creative practice. The book can be a little overly much at times, but I suppose I have a "think outside the box" comfort level. Worth looking at if you need to get yourself prepared to tackle a new or existing project.
Eva
Jul 11, 2019 added it
Shelves: arc, read-2019
A book help guiding entrepreneurs. This book also contains ideas to help the ones with a project to plan and move forward. Some ideas and techniques may be familiar to those who have brainstormed for their business and may sound obvious to so many , yet it is a great compilation for those who need to start making plans and building a right path
Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Risa
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Having a mental block for you ideas, this book will guide you to fully delve into your mental power to fully evolve into the best idea producer or just to get you started—to get into action.

Special thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for this review copy.
Claire Lyons
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I work at lot with solopreneurs and work alone myself so this was a good guide to creating a healthy environment for brain storming when you have no one else to use as a sounding board. it's a fun and colourful book with some great ideas and unusual take on things.
T Olsen
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic design with great fonts and illustrations make you want to open this book time after time. For this is a book to keep handy for those working with ideas.
Maybe a little too much about the place to work in, but the exercises seem very useful for many situations.
Alice
Aug 07, 2019
Lena
Jun 22, 2019
Nicolet Groen
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-bookshelf
The book is lovely designed on one hand but at times, the design felt distracting and too cluttered. But, that's my personal preference. Others might find the playful layout a joy. Would I recommend the book? Honestly, I don't know. It might work for a lot of people but, personally, I feel it lacks depth. I prefer to read a more scientific approach to how the creative brain works and why certain exercises are recommended.

Me, Myself and Ideas offers some good ideas but most and for all I recommen
Dora Okeyo
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great, fun and colorful guide on brainstorming.
I enjoyed the short quizzes and the various suggestions on brainstorming, idea generation and more so about place. I've never thought that the place you're in could affect your brainstorming session. So, thanks Netgalley for the eARC, this was a fun read.
Mim Inkling
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received Me, Myself & Ideas as an ARC via Netgalley. I thought it might be fun to learn some new ways of sparking ideas! I could always use a little nudge in that direction.
I really enjoyed the fun, light-hearted style of the book. It made the subject engaging and interesting, and it kept me turning the pages. For a book about work, it really didn’t feel like work…
The book starts, rather unusually, with a “getting to know your idea-style” quiz. I don’t remember the last time I did a quiz…
Wisconsin Alumni
Carrie Anton ’00
Coauthor

From the coauthor:
An essential resource for any self-employed, freelance, or work-from-home professional, Me, Myself & Ideas offers tips, tools, and a host of exercises aimed at crushing mental blocks and forging ahead with creative solutions. Whether you’re stuck on a logistical problem or experiencing a creative dry spell, the activities in this book are sure to get you thinking (and creating) in new and powerful ways.
karina
Jun 12, 2019
Alexandra
Apr 19, 2019
Emily Koester
Jul 16, 2019
Darya
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good and practical. Easy to read. Thanks to the book, my networking is at a good level. Recommended for reading to anyone looking for networking tips.
Katarina