Start by marking “Realm Quest: City of Lifestone” as Want to Read:
Realm Quest: City of Lifestone

Realm Quest: City of Lifestone

Epic heroes, mighty armies and terrifying monsters clash against the backdrop of magical landscapes.

Raised as a slave in the Darkoath camps of Aqshy, Kiri dreams of a better life. Of a city of wonders, the place of her birth… Lifestone! She despairs of ever reaching it until a fateful day arrives when her barbarian captors are attacked by Sigmar's noblest warriors, the Sto
Published February 19th 2019 by Warhammer Adventures

To ask other readers questions about Realm Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Realm Quest

Beth
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I work at a library and received this book as an ARC. My husband is an avid Warhammer player, so I let him read this. This is his review. I might pick it up to read it, but I don't have the attachment to the game like he does. And honestly, I probably wouldn't get most of the references.

-----------------------------

When Games Workshop announced they would be doing a couple of children's book series based on their popular Warhammer franchises, I was fairly skeptical. Warhammer Age of Sigmar and W
Matt Midlock
I thought I would give this book a try because what could a children's book set in the bloody grimdark Warhammer universe possibly be like? It ends up it's pretty much like every other children's fantasy novel. It's not necessarily a bad book by any means, it just doesn't feel like Warhammer; and I'm not sure it ever could. The only thing "Warhammer" are some of the creatures and the mention of the different Warhammer Realms, Realmgates, etc... but those could have been easily substituted with a ...more
Callum Shephard
The difficulty in judging both Warhammer Adventures series is that they are opposites to one another. Realm Quest truly is the yang to Warped Galaxies' ying, and it embraces a few very different tropes and storytelling elements to craft its world. None of this is to say it is inherently bad. If anything, the differing direction helps it to better establish itself as a sperate story worth reading on its own. However, some of this will depend heavily upon a reader's preferences, and how it impacts ...more
Tepintzin
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, kids-and-ya
Three and a half, because this is the first installment of what would be a much longer book. I've read some of the normal Age of Sigmar, and I wish I'd had this to read first because it explains the world very easily. I enjoyed reading it, but again, the story isn't complete.
Michael Dodd
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
After escaping from a life of slavery, 14 year-old Kiri sets off alone in search of the city of her birth – Lifestone – where she hopes to find a new start. Things don’t quite work out how she hoped, and she’s soon being hunted by skaven and begrudgingly caught up with a strange group of children and their mentor, who tells her of a mysterious purpose for which she’s been chosen.

We’re introduced straight away to concepts like Sigmar and the different Realms, and as the story progresses it gradua
Chrys
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this, even though I know very little about Warhammer. It was nicely paced and had some great characters and the story looks interesting. My only complaint was that it would have benefitted from another 50 pages or so. It felt abruptly short, I understand that it's a children's book but but is aimed at the teenage market.
Ally Goodwin
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I know nothing of the game, worlds, etc. Found it difficult to follow or understand. Not sure how kids 5th - 8th grade with take/read this
nooker
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
I got this mostly because Billie Piper read reads it. I don't care much for fantasy, but this was fun and Billie Piper is a good reader.
Liesl
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: heartlands, netgalley
I'm not familiar with the Warhammer games, but several of my students are big fans of Age of Sigmar and I've been intrigued by the miniatures etc for long enough that I decided to give this a go. Considering the Black Library's success at creating long-running series of books aimed at adults, it's not surprising that they're trying to dip into the middle grade market of potential wargamers.

"Realm Quest" is a fast-paced read and quickly explains a lot of the lore in an understandable fashion with
John
Feb 21, 2019
Alex Smith
Apr 16, 2019
Eugene
rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2019
Caroline
Apr 01, 2019
Robert Mcdonald
Feb 23, 2019
I'm Tom Huddleston, author of adventure stories like FLOODWORLD and THE WAKING WORLD, plus several episodes in the WARHAMMER ADVENTURES and STAR WARS: ADVENTURES IN WILD SPACE series.

I also write about film and TV for publications including Time Out, Sight & Sound and The Guardian, and I sing in a noisy folk-rock band called The No Sorrows.

I was born in Kendal and raised in North Yorkshire, t