Start by marking “Warped Galaxies: Attack of the Necron” as Want to Read:
Warped Galaxies: Attack of the Necron

Warped Galaxies: Attack of the Necron

Audio book edition of 'Warped galaxies: Attack of the Necron'. Read by David Tennant. David Tennant is renowned for his theatre and screen work, and his voiceover talents can be heard in dozens of television shows, audiobooks and audio dramas. He’s probably best known as the tenth incarnation of television’s ‘Doctor Who’.

On the hive world of Targian, Zelia Lor helps her mo
Audio CD
Published February 19th 2019 by Warhammer Adventures (first published February 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Warped Galaxies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warped Galaxies

Callum Shephard
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
It's easy to forget that Warhammer 40,000 tends to have a fairly young audience along with its older one. As many voices within the fandom these days range from thirty to seventy-year-old hobbyists, the seven to thirteen demographic that Games Workshop tries to keep itself open can be easily overlooked. In that sense, it's almost a surprise to think that we have not seen something like Warhammer Adventures sooner.

The very idea of these stories and their possible direction was discussed some time
Tepintzin
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
40k fanboys have been horrible about BL books for children existing. They can stuff it. The world of Warped Galaxies is still grimdark, with its hive cities and high body count. A version for kids just doesn't go into the gore, although it does retain the danger. I felt this was more compelling than its Age of Sigmar counterpart, "City of Lifestone" and it has more of a complete story. It ends on one heck of an ominous note, and I'm looking forward to the next installment.
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I was intrigued by the idea of a Warhammer book for young adults, so when I saw this on offer on NetGalley, I knew I had to read it for review in order to see if it was something I could possibly interest my son in. I found this book to be
Alex Sarll
By way of outreach and getting the next generation interested (aka 'hooked on plastic crack'), Games Workshop are expanding their fiction offering to include a range targeted at kids aged up to 10. Not a bad plan at all - that was about the age I first started reading White Dwarf, first started falling for the ludicrous gothic baroque of it all, this setting which had seen every other horrifying future and said 'That's not a knife. Well, OK, maybe it is a knife, but this, mate, is a daemon chain ...more
Thomas Johnson
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Attack of the Necron is a fun YA adventure set in th Warhammer 40,000 universe.

The story feels like a "grimdark" story; lots of people are wiped out when a planet is attacked by Necrons. The characters are entertaining and have to learn to overcome their differences to succeed in their quest.

Well worth it for children of hobbyists!
nooker
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story. Definitely written for about middle school kids, so my son liked it alot too and is eagerly anticipating the next volume. Nice to have a girl main character in a book that mostly boys will read. They need to see that.
Will
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic introductory book for children who have an interest in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Instead of dealing with Space Marines, as many of the Black Library titles do, our main protagonists are 3 teenagers who find themselves trying to escape a Necrons attack on one of the Imperial Hive Worlds.
Michael Dodd
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Attack of the Necron is a planet-hopping tale of action, danger and bravery in the face of an ancient alien menace. Zelia Lor and her mother, along with Lexmechanic Erasmus and young Martian tech-savant Mekki, travel the galaxy excavating ancient technology and unearthing pre-Imperial history. When their latest expedition is curtailed by a devastating alien invasion, Zelia finds herself torn from her familiar life and thrown into a perilous journey through the void of space with the relentless N ...more
Amber
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! As a teacher and avid reader of sci fi, YA, and Warhammer 40k and fantasy, I was excited for this book, and it fulfilled more than I could have asked for! All the characters were beautifully developed beyond the stock characters they could have been (pacifist leader, gang - kid lancer, tiny tech-priest) and they all were wonderful folks for each other - and the fact that the main character, the team glue of the group, was a strong girl of color was refreshing, especially in a ...more
Zachmcgar
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I have not listened to the Audio Version, but I did read an advance copy sent to my library.

The book is an excellent introduction to the world of Warhammer 40k, from the great battles between the transhuman Space Marines and the world-killing Necrons, to the struggles of subterranean youth gangs in the sprawling slums of "hive worlds" (think Kowloon Walled City, but less roomy and luxurious). It's a zippy action story with clever protagonists facing overwhelming odds.

However, the characterizati
Flyss Williams
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I understand I'm not the target audience for this book, but I rather enjoyed it. It was a fun story with very likeable characters and a whole lot of action. If you have a kid who likes Sci-fi I reckon this would make a good introduction to the warhammer universe. However I don't think it's really a YA story more mid grade.
Stefan Fergus
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite fun. Also, a very good YA take on the WH40k setting, one that should appeal to young readers who are interested in giving it a try. Full review soon.
Alek
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: w_40k
Simple, fun, for kids. 41st millennium still grim.
Greg Chatham
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a little outside the recommended age range for this book, but my inner ten-year-old says this was still pretty dull. Instead of taking advantage of the cornucopia of monsters and aliens in the Warhammer 40K universe, it's mostly about kids hitting each other. That's the sort of thing that frustrated me when I was reading books aimed at my age level as a young nerd, and it still bugs me to this day!

Aside from a bland `CGI-type battle where a planet is attacked by alien hordes, there is one Ne
Eugene
rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2019