Start by marking “Mininawyki. Małymi krokami do sukcesu” as Want to Read:
Mininawyki. Małymi krokami do sukcesu

Mininawyki. Małymi krokami do sukcesu

(Mini Habits #1)

"Każda trwała zmiana rozpoczyna się zawsze od pojedynczego kroku!

Jeżeli zastosujesz strategię mininawyków, szybko zaczniesz dostrzegać ich pozytywny wpływ. Uwierz, że można dokonywać wielkich rzeczy bez wywoływania poczucia winy, bez zastraszania, bez ciągłego powtarzania tych samych błędów. Wystarczy przestać walczyć z własnym mózgiem i stworzyć plan działania metodą
Published August 2015 by Helion (first published December 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Mininawyki. Małymi krokami do sukcesu, please sign up.
Stephen Guise I read The Compound Effect after I wrote Mini Habits. It's a fantastic book and I find the two books are complementary to each other. The Compound…moreI read The Compound Effect after I wrote Mini Habits. It's a fantastic book and I find the two books are complementary to each other. The Compound Effect explores the concept of how small changes compound into big swings, whereas Mini Habits is a specific strategy to form habits (a strategy based on small changes). This is not to say one is better than the other. It depends on what you're looking for. They both contain some amount of concept and application, but I'd say The Compound Effect focuses on the concept more while Mini Habits focuses on the application more. I would recommend reading both since they hit such an important, life-changing topic from different perspectives. (less)

Start your review of Mininawyki. Małymi krokami do sukcesu
Sheri
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, 2017
A quick, motivating read. I encourage you to give mini habits a try if you are trying to get started with new, healthier habits. The concept is simple, yet appeals to so many. This is easy, I can do this. That's what you'll be thinking as you learn about the concept and consider ways to apply it in your own life. Small changes can lead to increased motivation and willpower, which can in turn lead to big results. Read this book for yourself and see if you aren't enthusiastic to give this method a ...more
Stephen Guise
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want lasting change
While I wrote this bookand authors generally like the books they writeI'm giving it five stars because the Mini Habits strategy has changed my life permanently. Please take a quick look at my results using mini habits:

I'm In The Best Shape of My Life

I'd been wanting to build muscle ever since I heard that women like muscles. And being strong seemed better than having my arms mistaken for spaghetti: "Hey Stephen, you've got a piece of...oh...OH...no, never mind."

But I always thought I had to get
Kati
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not blindly giving this book 5 stars, or even because it was an enjoyable read (though it was). I'm giving this book 5 stars, because the concept works. Roughly a year & a half ago, I read an article discussing some of the concepts from the book. I decided to implement the mini-habit concept to starting to work out. I didn't do 1 push-up a day. I set my goal as 5 minutes of walking, every morning. Not going out for a walk, just.... Dragging my tired @$$ out of bed first thing, and as ...more
Leanne
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There is much to value in this book, but the repetition detracts from the message. I appreciated the references to studies and research, and found them to be interesting. Some examples and success stories from people other than the author would have been helpful.
Candle
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes we really push our limits to the
maximum to achieve Big results In Avery fast way
And Probably this ends in a big failure.

In this book "STEPhen Guise" lights up The way for
us to recognize That achieving Great results at any
field in our life could and would be done with mini
habits schedule .

Every new beginning comes from some other
beginnings end.

Never Think A Step Is Too Small

Every big project is made of small steps just like
every organism is made from microscopic cells.
Taking
Shannon
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed learning about and can vouch for the effectiveness of mini habits, but I found this book very repetitive. If you read the first half of the book only, you won't be missing anything later. However, I do think the concept of mini habits is empowering and have found that the strategy works for me in boosting productivity at work and at home.
Diana
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't read a lot of self-help/psychology books, and when I do, I'm usually turned off by the "rah-rah-stare-at-your-navel-now-conquer-the-world" advice. Guise's book, however, turned out to be one of those books that has confirmed and shifted my beliefs that lasting change in almost every area of one's life can be achieved by taking tiny, or as he calls "stupid small," steps. When I think back on every major achievement I've reached in my life, I did so by breaking down the process into small, ...more
Glenda Lynne
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe how quickly I was able to read this book and implement the ideas in it! I also am thrilled at how fast I got results. My whole attitude toward life has changed. I was feeling overwhelmed and unsuccessful in getting some very important daily habits changed, but now I feel exactly the opposite. I've recommended it to everyone who will listen. It is so much fun to do! Wow! This is something I can do for the rest of my life!
Donna
This book is this month's read for my local book club. We not only have to read it, but we also have to put it into practice before we meet up in two weeks. I liked this but I'm not a fan of the Homework.

I liked the author's approach to change that is supposed to stick by rewiring the brain. Setting mini-goals that will then transform into a habit if you do it every day is what this book is about. The author uses examples from his own experiences with this logic. I appreciated his personal
Carleen
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-digital
This book *completely* resonated with me! I'm just not a "Type A" driven person and was frustrated with my lack of goal-reaching successes. Now I'm learning to think differently - rather than trying to find huge amounts of willpower (that I just don't have) in order to reach my BIG goals, I'm creating mini habits (that don't need willpower) and building upon them. Small, consistent actions that will get me to the big goals. I find the "tiny wins" to be incredibly empowering, too. Much prefer ...more
Ying Ying
The content in this book is repetitive, but definitely worth reading! This book came timely to my life. I had recently come from rejecting meditation to having daily 10-minute meditation sessions. Through this book, I have understood why and how this transformation happened. I had tried a one minute meditation, went to 3 minutes and finally found that I could even enjoy 10 minute-meditation! Now that I know how this happened, I could perhaps apply mini-habits in other areas of my life.
Vivian
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes a book comes along at just the right time for a particular reader; this was the case for me and "Mini Habits." I'd had a longstanding desire to improve my health and fitness, for a variety of reasons, but for the last six months, I've been stuck in a rut and haven't made any progress. It's as if my brain, or some part of my mind, is rejecting the behaviors I'm trying to implement, like exercising more and choosing better foods for my meals. I've been kicking and screaming like a child ...more
Paul Grenyer
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive read quite a few self help books and while they always seem really good at the time, Im not particularly good at following through. I guess I dont necessarily have the willpower or the presence of mind to do what they recommend.

Mini Habits are different. Theyre too small for failure.

Theres lots of repetition, which is slightly irritating until towards the end of the book the when the author hints as to why. As the author often says, you start with ridiculously small habits, the reoccuring
Kim
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I'll admit I was prepared to NOT like this book. In fact, when I got it, as a first reads winner, my initial thought was, "gee, I'm glad it was free." And why was I so negative towards a book I hadn't even read yet...because the premise was absurd to me. It went against everything I thought I knew about self-help. I was a born and bred "motivation is EVERYTHING" girl. And here was a book telling me just the opposite. That I don't have to be MOTIVATED to make changes, I have to have just enough ...more
Diana Shaffner
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
Mini Habits by Stephen Guise is most certainly a mega-helpful book. The concept of mini habits isn't brand new but was perhaps never presented in such a 'fool proof' way. Mr. Guise takes on many of the so called motivational books that have hyped people up just to let them back down when the emotion wore off. The ridiculous but nonetheless persistent myth that claims it takes 21 days to form a new habit is also challenged. Some reviewers have mentioned that the contents of this book could be ...more
Caroline
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Caroline by: Kelina Foley
To be incredibly cliche, this book changed my life. I now walk everyday (usually 30+ mins but at least 1 minute) and write in my journal each night (usually a few paragraphs but at least 1 sentence). I can feel myself building these habits without the angst and impending doom of inevitable failure from previous attempts.

It's certainly not rocket science but a huge thanks to the author, Stephen, for bringing the technique to light. And to Kelina Young for sharing the book!
Rob Thompson
About the book: Mini Habits explains the logic behind an innovative approach to achieving your goals. Motivation and ambition arent necessarily what will drive you to success; rather, its your small day-to-day habits that will really get you on the right track. Learn how to harness their power with these blinks.

About the author: Stephen Guise is a writer, blogger and researcher who specializes in personal growth and fun learning. His latest book is called How to Be an Imperfectionist.

My
Beata
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blinkist
I read this on BLINKIST.COM - a 15 mins summary of the entire book. I did the exercise of creating my daily new mini-habits list, and assigned reminders/triggers to actually do them every day (I set up separate alarms on my iPhone).

BTW - BLINKIST.COM is probably the best option for me to give business books a chance, because it really is not my cup of tea. Intro chapters always seem to reveal interesting concepts and ideas. But later chapters where you want to read about examples, practical
Scott Wozniak
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Fun to read and very, very helpful. Basic idea: if you want to build a good habit, start small--stupid small. Example, the author started getting shape by committing to do 1 push-up a day. That's it. But the ease of doing it (one day he almost forgot and rolled over in bed to do his push-up right there) allowed him to establish a real habit. And then slowly, once the habit was in place he increased the workout. He has applied it to many other area of life and is living how his last e is ...more
Richard
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a pretty good read and the concept is pretty simple. I am in the process of implementing the mini-habits principle for reading, with the goal of reading 5 pages a day. So far, I have been hitting the goal and generally exceeding it. I imagine that this principle will work for other goals, but I wonder how effective it will be long term.

The book itself is a little repetitive, but perhaps this is intentional to let the simplicity of the principle soak in.

Kori Miller
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part science;Part practical advice, this is my second favorite book about habit formation (after Duhigg's "The Power of Habit.") I pusrchased the audio version sometime during late summer.

The author explains why creating "stupid small" habits leads to success and never to failure. You'll learn why it's not enough for us to be motivated to do or not do something, and the importance of willpower in the development of habits.

This is a book I will listen to over and over again.
Daniel Swensen
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Full of useful strategies for anyone who struggles with "motivation" or sometimes has to fight their own brain to work toward their desired goals. If you're constantly setting lofty, ambitious goals for yourself and then getting discouraged because you failed to meet them, this is the book for you.
Rachel
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the ideas in this book!

I'll try to update this review in a few months to share if mini habits work for me. For now, I love the concept and have a feeling that this mindset is going to work really well for me.
Tomas
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wakeup call for building habits. The message is that habits are not built by themselves, they need to be built by repitition, relying on will power instead of motivation. The book is well written and concise in actions that can be taken.
Vivienne
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! You set super small, ridiculous like habits, to do once a day. Once you start doing the small act, like one pushup a day, you usually end up doing more. But on the days you are sick, or it's a holiday, or if you just don't want to, just doing one simple thing every day becomes a lasting habit. This was an easy read. I was captivated by the concepts presented and read it in one evening. I've implemented the suggestions, and although it's been just a few days, I'm 100% in my ...more
Ha Truong
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: development
Mini Habits system is just like a simplified Kaizen theory.

The technique in this book helps you to overcome the resistance for the start, and once it starts you can leverage the momentum to gain more. This first step is as important as the catalysts in chemistry.

This book is not only recommended for habit builders, but also procrastinators who are too scared to make a change for better lifestyle.
Garland Vance
I have been fascinated with habit and habit formation for several years and believe this book to be a breakthrough. While it deals with the science somewhat, it is far more profound in its ability to bring about changes in a person's life. Little habits at create "wins" are more profound that vast sweeping changes that a person tries to make. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in forming new habits.
Penny Tunnell
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent can-do plan!

I liked everything about this book. It's well-written, easy to follow the author's sequence of explanation, and very enjoyable because he shines through as affable, believable, and extremely relatable. His concept could work for even the most sluggish procrastinators. Everyone should read this!
Cathleen
A good, quick read about starting and sustaining habits. Nothing completely new if a reader is familiar with the topic, but a good, non-technical explanation of how particular habit strategies work.
Jennifer Aue
This book could have only been twenty pages long.

• Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less
  • Superhuman by Habit: A Guide to Becoming the Best Possible Version of Yourself, One Tiny Habit at a Time
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Not A Match: My True Tales of Online Dating Disasters
  • The Smarter Screen: Surprising Ways to Influence and Improve Online Behavior
  • Two Awesome Hours: Science-Based Strategies to Harness Your Best Time and Get Your Most Important Work Done
  • The Little Book of Talent: 52 Tips for Improving Your Skills
  • One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way
  • Curajul de a fi vulnerabil
  • The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It
  • Billy Kelly: This Is a Family Show!
  • Meet Your Happy Chemicals: Dopamine, Endorphin, Oxytocin, Serotonin
  • The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life: Before 8AM
  • Minus Infinit
  • THE 5 Seconds Rule: Learn The Secret Of Success In Five Seconds, Use The Habits Of Successful Individual To Transform Your Life - And Achieve Your Dreams (Series 1)
  • Lead Like a Coach
  • The Old Man and the Bureaucrats

Mini Habits (2 books)
  • Mini Habits for Weight Loss: Stop Dieting. Form New Habits. Change Your Lifestyle Without Suffering. (Mini Habits, #2)

News & Interviews

“It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently.” ― Anthony Robbins” 10 likes
“Be the person with embarrassing goals and impressive results instead of one of the many people with impressive goals and embarrassing results.” 8 likes