Start by marking “The Heart of a Changeling (The Changeling Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
The Heart of a Changeling (The Changeling Saga #1)

The Heart of a Changeling

(The Changeling Saga #1)

Nora’s entire life has been marked with bad luck and horrible accidents. With so much tragedy in her past, all she dreams of is a normal life. But when a camping trip is cut short by a brutal attack and a kidnapping that nearly costs Nora her life, she is thrown headfirst into Avalon—a world where magic thrives, and the creatures of myth and legend all vie for dominance. T ...more
Paperback, 1, 504 pages
Published January 20th 2019
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about The Heart of a Changeling, please sign up.
Caitlyn E. Lloyd The current release date is tentatively May of 2020. In the spring. This is subject to change of course. I plan on releasing some novellas, alternate …moreThe current release date is tentatively May of 2020. In the spring. This is subject to change of course. I plan on releasing some novellas, alternate character POV chapters, and other fun stuff in the meantime! All which will be available for free of my author website. :)(less)

Start your review of The Heart of a Changeling (The Changeling Saga #1)
Paula Terrado
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5/5!!!

I enjoyed this book so much!!! This made my imagination go wild and that’s what made me love this book! I love Avalon, i love the Winter Court, because i belong there. No objections :-) Hahaha! I also love how this portrays a badass woman or women.. although there were some scenes where i didn’t appreciate Nora, but otherwise i liked her! Not gonna spoil it for you, so you better read it for yourself 🤪

I’ve seen other reviews where they compare this to Sarah Maas’ ACOTAR series, i ca
Caitlyn E. Lloyd
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alright look. I’m biased.

UPDATE: THOAC is now available on Amazon Kindle, Barnes and Noble Nook and in print!
Mikayla
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indieauthors
An ARC of The Heart of a Changeling was provided by the author in exchange for a review. Thanks again, Caitlyn E. Lloyd!

It may be a bit of a cliche, but I am a complete and utter sucker for the “she really just didn’t fit into this world!” trope, especially when those characters are secretly badasses who come into their own throughout the course of a story. I enjoy quirky, modern-voices narrators, but I get bored with whiny (and I get to “dear lord that is whiny”) pretty fast. The Heart of a C
reading_in_lala_land
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and read it so fast because I couldn't put it down! I really enjoyed Nora's character and the world building was fabulous. If your a fan of ACOTAR this is a must read! Can't wait for the next book in the series!

*Received a copy in exchange for an honest review*
Areli Amaya
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished copy provided to me by the author in exchange for my honest review.
All Nora wants is a normal life, one that is not plagued by constant accidents, bad luck and grief. When her closest friend convinces her to go on a camping trip, Nora is determined to have fun, but her world changes in a way she wouldn't have imagined possible.
After nearly drowning, she is taken to the land of Avalon; a place full of ancient and sometimes terrifying creatures, where Fae rule the realm and every actio
Bethany Nichols (beth_and_books)

I had such a fun time reading this debut book by Lloyd and I have so many thoughts about it! Before I started this book, a traditional fae kind of story, I was hesitant. Let me explain. It's a semi-unpopular opinion but I didn't enjoy The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (I rated it a 2/5), which I would also describe as a "traditional fae kind of story". For this reason, I was almost scared going in to this novel. However, Lloyd managed to enchant me and interest me, which is what I found l
Shaked Reads
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
So let's do this thing! Why haven't I reviewed this book so much sooner? Oh yeah, I wanted to let things sink in... also, procrastination is in my nature.
Do you know these books that as soon as you've finished them, all you want to do is re-read them right away? So, yeah. That's what happened to me here. I want to re-read this book both because I can't remember anything AND because it was DAMN good! The thing is, I have a goldfish memory. As soon as I finish a book, I forget almost everything in
Melanie
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting into this book at first, but then I really got into it after about 100 pages! I fell hard for the romance despite myself. I did have a problem with the amount of typos I found. That always bothered me. This gave me The Cruel Prince and ACOTAR vibes.
Angela
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Very enjoyable debut novel, particularly for a self-published one. I hope Caitlyn Lloyd keeps writing because I feel like she will just get better and better.
Carlie Schadler
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
ATTENTION READERS: this book is absolutely amazing and everyone should read it. This debut novel from Caitlyn E. Lloyd is captivating and magical and I can't stop raving about it. If you enjoy books like A Court of Thorns and Roses and The Cruel Prince or love anything dealing with the Fae then this story is for you.

The fact that this is her debut novel is actually mind blowing to me. Caitlyn's writing style is incredible and I felt like I was watching a movie in my head the entire time. She ha
Sara Teague
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, loved it
Jane Conklin
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness.

I don’t want to post spoilers, and I feel like even a plot synopsis could be spoilery for the first part of the book, but I can say that each of the characters in this book are wonderfully unique and vibrant and Caitlyn has put a brand new twist on the world of Fae when I didn’t think that was even possible anymore.

I’ve laughed, I’ve cringed, I’ve sighed and y’all, the romance in this book is SMOLDERING. Like, palpable tension in the most delicious way 😅🙌 Move over Jude and Card
Kendall
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5!

Lloyd has written an exceptional novel that grasped me from the first chapter. Her writing flows through the pages and transports you into another world. Her descriptions are very detailed, yet the plot is still fast paced and is never dull. The writing style, plot, and pace are very satisfying.

The characters are to die for. I love me a dark, brooding winter king & a forbidden romance. Lloyd will keep you up all hours of the night, never wanting to put the book down.

I highly recommend for f
Amber Lefevre
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: we-own
The book started a bit slower but picked up as soon as soon as Nora stepped into the world of the Fae. The lore is full-bodied, the characters are diverse and often funny, and the world as a whole is terrifyingly beautiful. I have no desire to ever live in any sort of fae world unless I get to be a mermaid. I grew up on dark fairytales and know well enough to stay far far away from them but nobody seems to have given Nora the memo, poor girl.

I'm very excited for the next book and will be impati
Leslie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. The way the author writes puts you in the world she creates and it’s fantastic!
Nina
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amaze balls

Such an amazing debut!! I love serkhele. You guys need to read this. Dare I say this was on par with ACOTAR
bookishy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so many feelings about this book! It was completely amazing, and now I am in love with it. I loved how the fae were presented, and the characters were so interesting. For me it was like ‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’ and ‘The Cruel Prince’ meets the Darkling from ‘Grisha Trilogy’, and I am here for it. It has been two months since I was grinning throughout the whole book, and I can’t remember the last time the main protagonist made me actually like her.
Mary
Mar 02, 2019
Holz Rihari
rated it did not like it
Jenny
Sky
Feb 13, 2019
Sara
Goodreads Librari...: Create New Series 4 20 Nov 10, 2018 05:03PM

• From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow Wings (The Darkest Drae, #2)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)
  • A King So Cold
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Winterwood
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • A Touch of Ruin (Hades & Persephone, #2)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
Caitlyn was born and raised in Texas, where she still resides. An avid reader (obviously), she watches too much TV (still not caught up on everything), sees too many movies (if there is such a thing), and is not ashamed to admit she attempted to stay overnight in a museum (she was caught) because those are her “happy places”. A huge animal lover and likes to think she is fluent in Tolkien’s Elvish ...more