Start by marking “A Great Light (The Kingdom to Come, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Great Light (The Kingdom to Come, #1)

A Great Light

(The Kingdom to Come #1)

War isn’t coming. It’s already here. Prepare for the final battle.

In a kingdom ruled by a powerful monarchy focused on dominion, an opposition develops from the king’s own son, Prince Karhiad. While the ruthless King Vilsig envisions conquest of all kingdoms, his son’s own heart has a different direction. Prince Karhiad is more focused on the humanity of the citizens

Published June 28th 2018 by Revelation Publishing Company (first published June 2018)

To ask other readers questions about A Great Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Great Light

Start your review of A Great Light (The Kingdom to Come, #1)
Coco.V
Jan 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2020)! 🎁
Amy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Great Light is the first installment to a new series called The Kingdom to Light. I enjoyed this Christian Fantasy. Prince Karhiad is lead to Faith by a light. She was my favorite character of the book. The story is full of inspiration with the battles of good versus evil. There are some slow scenes but the pace quickly speeds up again.
I give A Great Light four stars. I look forward to the next book in the Kingdom to Light series.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% m
Grady
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
“How could I possibly do this alone? I don’t even know what I’m doing.”

Author Jennifer Ball offer no biographical information except that she writes Christian books infused with fantasy and a touch of science fiction. Her initial book was her 2014 HERE - a story about Christian morals and values meeting head on with today's progressive society which is decaying away from Scripture. Now she presents THE KINGDOM TO COME: Book One – A GREAT LIGHT.

Jennifer opens her well-scribed book with an intere
Joe Boudreault
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is a little journey by a questioning prince, Karhiad, as he goes into a foreign realm and meets a young woman, Faith. They exchange information about each other every time they meet. It is two cultures getting to know each other. A warlike culture (the prince Karhiad's country of Merrhius) and the mystical, fabled land of Trinicity, a kind of place of redemption, if you ask enough questions about it and actually get there.

Jennifer Ball presents the novel like a Middle Ages parable, with ca
Brett Armstrong
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like to believe that I’m fairly well versed in what fantasy is and is not—adult or YA. The Kingdom to Come: A Great Light was not what I expected. I saw the romance between Faith and Karhiad building throughout the book and thought I could guess where everything was headed. Happy endings for the couple and dire consequences to be resolved in subsequent entries in the series. Which, while predictable, is enjoyable. A Great Light wasn’t that though. It is rare for me to be truly surprised by a b ...more
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Kingdom to Come is an inspirational epic fantasy for young adults. Join Prince Karhiad and Faith as their paths collide on an unexpected quest leading to romance, and a war for the ages.

Prince Karhiad has just celebrated his birthday and is clearly used to having everything his way. While his entitlement is expected with the whole "prince" thing, it doesn't stop him from showing compassion and curiosity as he meets Faith, the mystery girl from Trinicity. Unlike the lands Karhiad knows, Faith
Robert Hamilton
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are some happy moments, sad moments and some tense moments in this medieval world filled with likable characters that kept me reading through all the chapters. Prince Karhaid, successor to the throne of King Vilsig is well liked among his countrymen for his common and friendly candor and a polar opposite to how his father - who likes nothing more than to expand his kingdom, Merrhius, by taking over others.

On the night of Karhaid's 17th birthday, he sees a mysterious light which only he can
Arlene Mullen
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Prince Karhiad has turned 17 and become a man in his kingdom. He is also next in line for the throne. He is different than your typical king. He is liked and likes the people. When he sees this bright light on the night of his 17th birthday, he has to find it. When he gets to this creek, the light is gone but he sees a women. The next day when he returns to see what he can find, he finds Faith.
Faith is from a city no one believes exisit. They like to keep it that way. No one leaves and no one ca
J.E. Grace
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Kingdom to Come is a very well-written fantasy story with Christian aspects running throughout the storyline that is woven well and makes the reader think. Prince Karhiad next in line for the throne of his kingdom follows a strange light in the forest that leads him to Faith, from Trinicity.

The characters are very well-developed and the story of the fight for good and evil is one I'm very familiar with but was presented in a fresh way. Prince Karhiad's learns everything is has been led to be
Keegan
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story picks up speed halfway through and truly grabbed my attention. This fanciful tale couples tragedy and love into a beautiful story of faithfulness. When a prince meets a beautiful stranger, both his and his kingdom's future turns completely upside-down. The author gives lots of details to help paint the picture in the reader's mind. I have to admit, I thought I had the storyline figured out but was completely surprised by the twists the author weaves into the storyline. I can't wait for ...more
Ross R.
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This had a slow start but then it really picked up and I found myself reading through the chapters quicker. The greater war being waged is merely a backdrop to the immediate conflict for Karhiad who is next in line for the throne. It's set in medieval times which is an ideal time period of tyrannical leadership to set up an epic good vs. evil plot. I started this book with a 3 star then it picked up and I figured 4 was good then it took off after an event so I gave it 5. I recommend this book.
Christina Weigand
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. Getting to know Karhiad, Faith and the rest of the cast of characters was an enjoyable read. I did feel at times that there was a little too much Faith and Karhiad story. I wanted to see more of his relationship with some of the other characters, like his peasant friends and his family.
The Christian part of the story was well written and not overpowering, in fact at times it seemed almost too simplistic. But overall I think Ms. Ball did a good job of portraying the battle b
Denzel L Struchen
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

The author spins a tale of love while unveiling wil in the world and the true source of peace. You'll be amazed at the cost the characters must pay a d how they face life's struggles.
Jason
Dec 15, 2018
Bob Hayton
Jul 17, 2018
Cassidy Lamb
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2019
Sharon
Shelly Peterson

• Boondockbob's Guide to RV Boondocking
  • Snowbird Guide to Boondocking in the Southwestern Deserts
  • Where Your Treasure Lies (The Saga of the Patriarchs Book 2)
  • This Season of Angels: Angelic Assignments During This Prophetic Season
  • David: 90 Days with A Heart Like His
  • Dragon Song (Deadweed Dragons #3)
  • Dragon Mage Academy: Pariah of Dragons
  • Dragon Mage Academy: Prisoner of Dragons
  • The Miracle of the Kurds: A Remarkable Story of Hope Reborn in Northern Iraq
  • The Tomb: A Novel of Martha (The Living Water, #3)
  • Gaze Upon Jesus: Experiencing Christ's Childhood through the Eyes of Women
  • The Thief (The Living Water, #2)
  • YESHUA: A Personal Memoir of the Missing Years of Jesus
  • The Christian World of the Hobbit
  • Phantastes
  • It's a Wonderful Life Study Guide: A Bible Study Based on the Christmas Classic It's a Wonderful Life
  • God of Manna
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Beginnings (The Lily Singer Adventures, #1)

News & Interviews