Start by marking “The Reigning and the Rule (Surviving Time, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Reigning and the Rule (Surviving Time, #2)

The Reigning and the Rule

(Surviving Time #2)

Étienne Lacroix and I had a fire I thought would never die.
Our love was timeless.
An irreversible decision sent me back to the present day with a family I barely recognize, but I am determined to find a way back to Étienne.
I can survive time. But I can’t survive life without him.
Time bends to no one’s demands, so I must fight with everything I have to return to the past
Published November 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Reigning and the Rule, please sign up.
Manuela I will answer my own question ;-)

I just saw that the paperback is available now, yuhu!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

I'm a chameleon, living two lives. One in the present day, and the other in the past.

'THE REIGNING AND THE RULE' is the second book in Calia Read's 'Surviving Time' Trilogy. It picks up where the first book left off. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

This review is going to be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it..

Holy Shit!! So I might of inhaled this, this was one of my most highly anticipated books so I pulled
warhawke
Genre: Time Travel Romance
Type: Book 2 of 3 from Surviving Time series
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:
(3.75 stars)

Étienne Lacroix and Serene Parow’s love for each other transcended time. When a ripple in history ripped her back to the present that she did not recognize, she needed to find her way back to him. But going back also meant risking their past and her future. She must decide if it’s worth meddling with the fragile thread of time.

My love is giving yet selfish. And selfishly, I w
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
That end! (view spoiler)😣😣😣

~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This series is amazing! It has it all; intrigue, romance, sensuality, suspense and a love that is so powerful it defies time. What else can you ask for? This series is going straight to my favorites of 2018. Can’t wait for the next one in this trilogy.
Talon
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Our love is timeless."

When I say that I have been lucky enough to read these stories beside Calia, I mean it. Being next to her every step of the way has been so much fun. Not to mention, this world that she has created has enchanted me in the best possible way. Which brings me to my most important point of this entire review: The more time I spent working on this, the more I realized what garbage said review is because no words I ever typed could put into words how strategically beautiful and
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
FUUUUUUUCK!!!! That cliffy! How are we supposed to concentrate after that? What did they do?!!! Omg I need part 3 right the fuck now!
-S♡
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars
★6 Stars! The Reigning and the Rule...
“This Kingdom is mine.”

Review coming soon!

description
The Book Bee
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ SPOILER FREE REVIEW!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

REVIEW: 5 STARS
"I'm no match for time. Every time I think I have you within my reach, you are ripped away."

DISCLAIMER: I might die and I told my husband my ashes are to be shipped to Belgrave to be buried there. <--- TRUTH.

This book, no...this trilogy is why I read. The very reason why I pick up books and read them. The heaviness, the journey, the love - it's all there, expertly told in a way that deemed me powerless to walk away from the inevitable
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
What did I just read???? OMFG I think Calia is trying to kill me. She seems sweet in her photos but don't let that fool you - she's the devil I swear!!!

This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2018. After devouring The Surviving Trace I was so excited to reunite with my favourite characters. What a ride!!

“Don’t you ever forget you love me.”

I was swearing, I was swooning, I was squirming and I was crying!!! This one gave me everything I love in an angsty romance read. My feelings were all ov
Malene
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
Oh the wait! I hate to wait but I know it will be worth it. I’m positive. Holy hell the last 20% was awesome. So many twists and turns. This is why I love time travel because your actions has consequences and Serene and Étienne knows that. Still they change the timeline because of their everlasting love. They’ll do anything for one another and for family.
I’m crazy about these characters. Not only Serene and Étienne but also Nat, Livingston and Asa. There’s still so much story to be told and with
CC
3.75 Stars!

Continuing in the timeline, Serene Parow is thrust forward into the present only to be separated from Étienne Lacroix once again. While she is trying to decipher how to return to the love of her life, she discovers a mystery pertaining to her own family. Searching for answers takes Serene back into the past where the love she shares with Étienne is tested.

”I didn’t plan to fall in love with you,” he says gruffly as if the words have been pulled from his throat. “I didn’t plan for you
Marjorie  W.
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

The Reigning and The Rule, the second instalment in the amazing Surviving Time series by Calia Read, was one of my most anticipated release of 2018. In my opinion, this series has everything to appeal to contemporary romance readers and historical romance readers alike.

It has angst, passion, intrigue, and undeniable sexual tension. While the first instalment focused mostly on our two main characters, Serene and Etienne, this one focuses as much on those two as it does on Emmeline, a char
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars
Beatrix
I loved this one as much as the first one - The Surviving Trace! Wow, Calia Read is really good.

I'm really happy that we'll get another book.
Butthisbook
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“What have we done?” I whisper.

OMFG! CALIA READ DID THAT!
I need book 3 pronto!!
Damn. DAMN!

I'm keeping my review short for this book. I loved it. I loved the angst, the push and pull. Loved how fierce Serene was, and how she wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind. Loved how loving, despite me wanting to strangle, Etienne was toward Serene. I loved how we got to see a lot more of the side characters, as well as got to know new ones. AND LASTLY, I LOVED HOW THIS BOOK ENDED. I can't wait to s

crni biser
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
."What have we done?"

.......
E u vražju mater, kakav kraj!!!!! 😲😲😩😩😵😵😭😭
Odlična knjiga, odličnaaaaa! 😻😻😻😻😻
Do trećeg dela, ko preživi, pričaće 😭😭😭
Brit
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book, this series, and this author is nothing more than magnificent. Each word she writes is phenomenal to say the least. Calia Read has become my top favorite author of the 21st century. She has away to write words and bring you to tears with every book she writes. A lot of her novel's are so relatable that you feel what the characters feel.
Cindy M. Green
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 TIMELESS STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

My anticipation for The Reigning and the Rule was at an all-time high in this epic tale of time travel and true love. I knew returning to Belgrave would put a smile on my face and fill my heart with joy, but little did I know that the roller coaster of emotions I’d encounter would consume me.

Calia weaves a story that is so captivating, it’s impossible not to feel part of the characters worlds, both past and present. Her attention to detail and descriptions of their lives i
Timitra
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Reigning And The Rule sucked me in from the get and hasn't let me go yet, it may be a while before it releases me from its grasp. I'm still mulling over and digesting this story.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was intriguing, interesting and a tad bit annoying well just the one thing, the main characters having the same conversation over and over again. Other than that I loved it, highly recommend it and can't wait to read the next book in the series. I have a feeling the wait just may kill me.
Chayo
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love is Timeless
In the continuation of The Surviving Trace , Serene is thrust into a new trajectory for herself and her family’s lives. She dreams of being pushed over the edge...
Her life in the present is not as before and she is confused and begins to search for answers and her way back to Etienne.
“She’s still my surviving trace”
Calia Read took me on another heartfelt journey through time. I was apprehensive yet so curious and anxious to see where she led me and I was not disappointed, being
Helen Altafulla
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You don’t even want to see the amount of ranty messages I sent out into the Facebook world.
OH MY FREAKING GOD!
Calia Read... what have you done to my heart? This book was just utter perfection.
I cannot say one bad thing AT ALL.
HOW I MISSED SERENE AND ÉTIENNE!
Their banter had me snorting and laughing so loud. The best medicine in the world. So much anger, jealousy, and betrayal. Stolen moments, hidden glances...

SO. MUCH. HAPPENS. IN. THIS. BOOK!
So many words, new mysteries, a new race against
Rahmayanti
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment of the trilogy, The Reigning and The Rule is as intense, fast pace, sexy, page Turner, history, and just kill me now I need the next book yesterday kinda cliffy.
Yep!
I don't even know what to write in my review here cause hot dang it Calia Read! You did it again! The exact question I had at the end of the first instalment, how could you do that to me, Calia??!!!
From the epilogue till the last page I was like... WTF is going on here??!!
How can that be???!!!
Why oh why???!
Dora Koutsoukou
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
MJ
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again I am speechless. Yes, Calia Read has woven her writing spell upon me and I am beyond in awe of her imagination. It goes without saying that this series is time travel like I've never experienced before as I have become completely captivated by each and every word.

I thought The Surviving Trace had me all twisted up but The Reigning and the Rule (book two in the Surviving Time series) has put me in a tailspin I'm not sure I can fully fathom. And to be honest, I don't want to.

Picking up
Shyralf
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! Ugh! Another cliffy! I was hoping this second book would complete the MCs story, but no. When I first read the first book I didn’t realize it was going to be a series and was a little PO about the ending, but like the first book we had another cliffy to contend with.

I love their chemistry. There was a lot of push and pull this time around because of some circumstances that the hero caused. I wish that everything resolve itself sooner rather than later so Serene can pick a time to
Liz
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whoa Whoa Whoa .. Phenomenal
First and foremost a re-cap, I absolutely LOVED The Surviving Trace, was one of TOP favorites and Eitenne’s and Serene’s world was just magnificent. I wondered everyday about what they were doing as time moved forward until the second installment was going to be released. So what did I do?! I read them back to back (first book a re-read within such a short amount of time, which is rare for me).
I usually have hesitation when there will be a sequel. After the ending o
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
4.5-5 stars! Omggggg this book killed me. So many emotions went through me while I read it. I can't wait to see what Calia Read has in store for us next!
Melissa
* I was given an ARC for an honest review*
I was introduced to this author after the release of book 1 in this series. Once I read that book, I NEEDED book two. This story and more importantly this installment are breath taking. You will immediately be pulled into to this story, it will over take your mind and heart, and nothing will matter to you except this story. And it’s a beautiful story. At times it feels like it may break you and other times it gives such hope. I can not wait for book 3 i
Flo Grugel
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! Just phenomenal.
Calia Read is out of this world with her imagination. The Reigning and The Rule is exactly what I hoped for and I cannot wait for more!!!
Myen
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"My love is giving yet selfish. And selfishly, I want him to only be with me for the rest of his life."

Sigh, after book 1.. Anything related to Surviving... It gave me an edge to begin with.. I was very excited with the blurb.. The hope to find the next chapter from Serene and Etienne love story. My heart had always skipped a bit when I went through the stage of moving..

I have this fear for whats going to happen.. Every scene was different.. the feel was revealing. Each steps had going like a pa
  • Maximus
  • Daddiopath
  • Ark
  • The Prize (The ICON Trilogy #3)
  • Alive
  • Aura
  • A Midwinter Night's Dream
  • What the Wind Knows
  • A Million Different Ways to Lose You (Horn Duet #2)
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
  • Mine
  • Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)
  • Please Call Me Tony
  • Spirit Warrior (Spirit Pass, #2)
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Irrevocable Trust (Irreparable, #1.5)
  • Tied
  • First Time with a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #2)
Calia Read lives in Texas with her husband and their five kids.

You can find her constantly on Facebook and Instagram:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ailacread/

Surviving Time (2 books)
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)