Start by marking “Wicked South: Secrets and Lies: Stories for Young Adults” as Want to Read:
Wicked South: Secrets and Lies: Stories for Young Adults

Wicked South: Secrets and Lies: Stories for Young Adults

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  3 reviews
For good or ill—on the page or in life—few things are more alluring than the siren song of a secret.

At the heart of each story in this genre-crossing collection lies a secret. A boy who is not a boy at all, a neighbor with a mysterious identity, a tortured student with a list that isn’t what it seems, a girl who abandoned the person she used to be at the bottom of a river.
Published October 31st 2018 by Goldenjay Books

To ask other readers questions about Wicked South, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked South

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Wicked South: Secrets and Lies: Stories for Young Adults
Amelia
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars**

I'd like to thank Blue Crow Publishing and Librarything from choosing me to review this book early.

It is hard to rate short story collections, especially when each story is different and written by different authors. In saying this I did actually enjoy almost all of the stories, except one.

The one I didn't like is the last story in this book. I didn't think it was well-written and I thought some of the story was a little ridiculous. The concept itself was very interesting, I just tho
Kate Rock
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent, fun and exciting group of stories. All of them different, and the writing is beyond excellent. I feel as if I have a perfect new collection of writers to follow and read. This book of stories will be enjoyable to many readers and ages. Fantastic!!
Rebecca Mello
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from LibraryThing in return for an honest review.

The theme of this anthology of short stories for young adults is secret and lies and is written by various authors living in the Southern United Stated. All the stories are well written with an interesting twist. The last story is more like a novella then a true short story however I found it to be intriguing. It made me want to know more about the world it takes place in. Overall I really enjoyed reading
Lamar
Oct 06, 2018
Blue Crow Publishing
Aug 23, 2018
Allie Brokhoff
rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2019
Amy
Apr 14, 2021
Kaylee
Nov 19, 2018
Robin Kirk
Jun 21, 2020
Katie
Jun 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Lisa
Apr 10, 2020
Becca Carroll
Jun 01, 2020
Emily Colin's debut novel, The Memory Thief, was a New York Times bestseller and a Target Emerging Authors Pick. She is also the author of The Dream Keeper's Daughter and, for YA audiences, the Seven Sins series.

In addition, Emily is the co-editor and a contributing writer for two YA fiction anthologies: Wicked South: Secrets and Lies and Unbound: Stories of Transformation, Love, and Monsters.

Em

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...