Start by marking “Office Player” as Want to Read:
Office Player

Office Player

He's cocky, flirty, and sexy AF.
He's also a mistake she won't repeat.
So why is she sliding her drunk ass into his car, accepting a ride home?

She's gorgeous, smart, and sassy as hell.
She's also an employee and entirely off limits.
Supposedly.
But rules are meant to be broken, right?

Battling their attraction has always been torturous.
But now he's sick of fighting.
It's time to
Kindle Edition
Published July 22nd 2018 by Eden Summers

To ask other readers questions about Office Player, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Office Player

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

Office Player is an office romance with just a touch of friends to lovers thrown in, and it’s one of the best books I’ve read in months! I smiled. I laughed. I worried. I got frustrated. But most of all, I fell in love with Dean and Beth.

Dean was incredibly sweet and romantic. He was so crazy over the top sometimes! I adored him, even when I was frustrated that he wasn’t trying harder to win Beth (because he felt unworthy).

Beth was sweet but very uncertain. I loved her honesty and loyalt
Nikki  Malan
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Office Player by Eden Summer
Dean Sutherland is a well-known player until he kisses his employee, Beth. They have always had a friendship with some light banter in the office, until that kiss. He gave her the weekend to come to terms with it. What he didn’t expect, was for her to close him down completely. It has taken almost a year to regain the bond of their former friendship. When he watches Beth leave his father’s office, he knows something is wrong. Beth doesn’t break rules. What she needs i
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Eden Summers is back with a different kind of romance than I'm use to with her. I know her cocky rockers and love those guys crazy hard but there is something to be said for her new guy... Dean Sunderland, a little different.. a lot of sweet, and a whole lot of swoony. Office Player is her newest standalone and it hit most of the marks I love in a boss-employee romance novel.

When they met, they instantly connected. Unfortunately circumstances firmly planted them in the friend zone unti
Tracy- OMGReads
Office Player captured my attention in the first few pages and didn't let up until I hit The End.

Beth is in a predicament at work, and the only one that notices is the one she doesn't want to see. Dean is the bosses son. He's been attracted to Beth since she started, but he didn't realize she was hiding so much.

Overall, Office Player was a great office romance. It hit on topics so many women face, while still able to be an escape for the reader looking for that. It was paced evenly, and I coul
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC Received for an honest review

*This book was originally released under the title Concealed Desire.*

Sigh... I am not a big one for covers, but I can't help looking at this one on my kindle.

And what is inside is just as good!

Dean and Beth's kinda-sorta second chance office romance is steamy, sensual and just plain ol' good to read.

There is so much tension between this pair that you can cut it with a knife. They have adored each other across the office for a long time, so you know that things ar
Louise
A fun, fast paced and wonderfully written story that I'd highly recommend reading.

I discovered Eden Summers through her Vault of Sin books, which are massively steamy and a little bit kinky, but despite this being a very different style it still had it's own strengths and appeal. Office Player has a very light feel to it, it's a fun read but still one that is well written, entertaining and with a hero and heroine I could get behind.

Beth is almost a control freak of a determined-to-have-it-all-to
Tammy
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing...
Wonderfully written and wonderful characters!

I have read many Eden Summers books and I must say that Office Player is my new favorite. It flowed really well and kept you flipping the pages, because you had to see what happened between them next. People have experiences that mold them early in life and it defines how they handle situations as adults. Misunderstandings happen and sometimes it hard for everyone to see what is truly happening. It didn't hurt that I loved both Dean and Beth
Marnie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was all about sex and power play, and she came a battleground between two men.

Ack!!! Eden Summers threw me and Beth straight into every woman’s nightmare; the offer of a ‘mutually beneficial arrangement’ where she becomes so much more than a well performing staff member to the CEO of the company. Working for an Electrical Manufacturing Company, Beth has worked hard to become an asset to her boss, and now he wants more, “Much, much more.” And I have to say, I writhed in disgust right along wit
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
OFFICE PLAYER is a re-release of Eden Summers‘ title CONCEALED DESIRE and one of her earlier books and with that also one of the very few ones I hadn’t read yet. Ms. Summers has become a must-read author for me. Her stories, her characters, and the magnitude of emotions I always feel… it all makes her books an incredible escape from reality. If you know the kind of stories this author delivers now, you can feel that this is one of her earlier works, as it has a bit less depth than we are used to ...more
Kristi
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beth is a good girl. She's a hard worker and she plays by the rules. She was tempted to cross the line once, but the fear of the repercussions made her revert back to her good girl ways, but a indecent proposition drives her to find refuge in the lobby bar.

Dean is the ultimate bad boy player. No attachments and a buffet of different women to satisfy his itch, but there's one kiss that has always been in the back of his mind. He has been buying his time and waiting for the right moment to convin
Madonna Blackburn
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Office Player by Eden Summers

What a little gem this story turned out to be!
Office Player is a re-branding & re-release of a previous novel of Eden Summers and I was actually very surprised that this was a debut book from her. The writing in this one is on par with her latest releases so from that we can deduce that this is an author who knows what she's doing.
This book is not an arduous read. It has all the prerequisites that are needed in a well rounded story...Attractive couple; interestin
Renee Entress
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, steamy love, and heartbreak.

This is Beth and Dean’s story. Dean is Beth’s boss but after working together for a while they are friends. All that changes one night. What happens when one wants more than one night and the other is frantically trying to stay friends. Her mind wants to stay friends, but her heart and body have different ideas. He wants way more then one night and is not afraid to do everything in his power to get her
Lynn Reynolds
Shelves: finished-reading
Beth gets the shock of her life but as I read I see she has more than one. Dean Sutherland is trying really hard to be a gentleman. As I get to see some of his previous “antics”, you have to wonder if he’s just running true to form. No disrespect but his dad is a real jerk. Maybe I’m crazy but I love it when an author creates a character that you have no other choice but to hate.

He’s pivotal to what happens between Beth and Dean – good or bad. But Dean also has a hand in how this story goes. Is
KFForever
kfforever

3.75 Stars ~ Reviewed by Tracey Lou of behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Dean Sutherland is a player, hence the title of this book. He has it all, wealth, good looks and the charm that goes with it. He is the son of Sutherland & Son which keeps him busy during the day and leaves him to play at night.

Beth was an employee of Sutherland and son and enjoyed her job. What she didn't like was being stuck between father and son. Being propositioned by a man old enough to be your dad and the
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
HOT doesn't begin to describe Dean Sutherland

Oh Eden Summers just where do I begin? Dean Sutherland is HOT HOT HOT!!! This was such a good story that I was barely able to put it down. Yes, Dean was a bit of a player, but it was so clear where his heart lay ... with Beth.

I simply adored Dean, he was smart, sweet, cared, was protective, but he was also so so frustrating. The one woman who he truly wanted he held back from going after, then it appeared that he did finally go after her only when som
Cathy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dean and Beth were HOT...but all sorts of wrong...after all he was her boss. And after the one kiss she knew it could never happen again. And yet, you can't deny there is something between them. He has patiently waited for her. The drama while SUCKY...I mean, she did get propositioned by the CEO which happens to be Dean's dad. Pining for each other from afar, and yet a drunken evening could change everything.

You could call this a second chance romance, but more of a crush turned more. I was shoc
Anna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This book was originally released under the title Concealed Desire.*

This is a short, fun read about an office romance.

Dean, a player, has been burned by what he thought was love in the past and is dealing with family issues, which has led him to avoid relationships and have an evolving door of woman. Still, he has had eyes for Beth for over a year, since they engaged in a drunken kiss. Beth, not one for casual hook-ups, still remembers that kiss and her eyes always follow Dean around the office
Lisa Staples
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dual-pov
This is only my second book by Eden Summers, and I have to say, though I enjoyed this story, whilst reading Office Player I was a little confused, the style and flow seemed to lack something that had been so vivid in her last brilliant romantic suspense that is Hunter. I couldn't put my finger on it, thinking it was the subject difference. It all became glaringly clear however upon discovering this is the first novel she ever penned, that I'm guessing has been reworked, and as such made me reall ...more
Tanja
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
its hot, its sizzling and its Eden Summers plus more !!!
this book brings down the heat like nothing I've read in a long time, and it was a breath of fresh and sizzling air in this summer heat !
if there are contradiction that I love, its that opposite attract, and in this story those are Beth and Dean.
What will it take to break the pattern or to take that step out of the comfort zone? do you give up safe or take a leap and see where it goes. its a love story with all the twists and turns, and .
Heather Packer
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Flew through in a day.
Light, fun, angsty, the push and pull of this friends to lovers romance is captivating and page turning. There’s some sultry slow burn in and amongst the super hot sex scenes giving this a lovely balance.
The characters are human and flawed and the whole thing just flowed beautifully. I really enjoyed this and found it really easy to read. The perfect book to take on holiday with you!
Lisa Menor
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

For Beth, today was just a typical Friday. Get up, go to work, finish and begin the weekend. But today would end with a business proposal from her boss that was more personal than business.
Beth works for Sutherland & Son, an electrical appliance company. She loves her job and is great at it. It used to be the only distraction she had was daydreaming about Dean Sutherland, her boss' son. Today that was the last thing on her mind. To
Rachel
AMAZING READ!
How was this book not a bestseller the first time it was released?!

I absolutely loved this book, I devoured it in one night. Beth and Dean were hot, funny, relatable and two totally awesome main characters that you rooted for until the end of the book. The story had depth, angst, passion and so much realness that you felt like you were in the story with them.

As usual, Eden Summers has delivered a first class book that meets all the requirements of a brilliant romance novel. I highly
Jocelyne
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I love Eden Summers's writing. This is a great love story and I was hooked from the first page to the end. I love the two main characters. Beth is feisty and hilarious! Dean is handsome, sexy and unexpectedly sweet and romantic. The storyline is well written and captivating. I'll read this story again! I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. This book was originally released under the title Concealed Desire.
Kerry
Shelves: reviewed

Another wonderful story from Eden Summers
Office Player is a bit off the beaten path for Ms. Summers, but by no means any less read worthy. There is some serious topic discussion in the story involving sexual harassment.

Dean & Beth's story is fabulously written with just the right amount of steam and some great twists to the plot. It's always fun to read about the ultimate player finally falling for the one!
Mary
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Office Player was an enjoyable book. Beth and Dean are coworkers who are somewhat friends that end up turning into more.

Dean has had feelings for Beth for a long time. The one time he acted on them, she ended up regretting it and he’s had to work hard to get back to the somewhat friends relationship they had before.

Beth has always been attracted to Dean but his reputation as a player has always held her back. She doesn’t want to just be a one night stand so she holds herself back. When a situa
Michelle Simpson
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eden Summers has always been a favourite author of mine and she never disappoints. Her writing always captures your heart right from the start. I loved Dean and Beth story ! An office romance filled with drama and heartache what more could you want all in one book apart from a happy ending that you hope for all the way through ! As soon as i finish a book from Eden Summers i just want more !
Lynne Cuda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. I have loved everything I’ve read by Eden Summers. Add to the list. It’s an office romance. Dean is a player. His father steered him toward this, cementing it by stealing Dean’s so-called girlfriend years ago with more money! So Dean’s not big on love. But he sure is focused on Beth since their kiss a year ago. But Beth went back to all-professional. She knows Dean is a player and doesn’t want to be another ‘conquest’ and then try to work with him. But ...more
Pam
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and easy Office romance story. There was still depth to the story with a bit of family drama. The office was run by a father and son team and both were vying for the same woman. One hot kiss shared between a Beth and her boss a year before started a fire in two people that smolders for a year. One trying to pretend nothing happened and the other waiting until the time is right to swoop in and take control. It's one of those stories that readers crave when looking for something l ...more
Lauren
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can I start off by saying I love this cover! Yes this book was a little predictable but I didn’t care, Eden Summers has a way of sucking you in and taking you on this magical journey with all her characters that I couldn’t help but love Dean and Beth anyway. I also loved the dual POV as I get to see what both characters are thinking. This is a short read but one I highly recommend.
Lucy
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Office Player, formerly known as Concealed Desire, is the re-vamped first ever Eden Summers book. This is a very sweet romantic story full of angst and misunderstandings of two very likable characters, Beth and Dean.
I really enjoyed that Eden Summers has revisited Beth and Dean’s story to give it a contemporary updated feel to it and it definitely brings it closer to the excellence of her recent writing which is superb.
If you are looking for a feel good, sexy and romantic love story to read, thi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hollywood Prince
  • Learning the Ropes (Rodeo #3)
  • Bet on Ecstasy (Pact of Seduction, #3)
  • Asylum Harbor (Book 1)
  • Going Deep (Divemasters, #2)
  • Going Under (Titan World)
  • Forbidden: a Contemporary Romance Anthology
  • Hero for Hire (Tales From Beyond the End, #1)
  • You Own My Heart (The Blackwells of Crystal Lake, #4)
  • Twice As Delicious
  • Come Home To Me (Brookside Romance, #5)
  • Slow Burn (Lawmen, #3)
  • Nordic Lessons
  • Taming Tessa (Montana Maiden, #2)
  • Crimson and Clover
  • All Of Me
  • Search and Seduce
  • Hers to Choose (Cannon Cousins, #1)
Eden Summers is a bestselling author of contemporary romance with a side of sizzle and sarcasm. Best known for the Reckless Beat series, Inarticulate, and the Vault.

Visit Eden on AMAZON

Connect with Eden on FACEBOOK

Visit Eden on BOOKBUB

Join Eden's Reader Group on Facebook

Sign up for Eden's newsletter for the latest book news and receive an exclusive download of DIRTY STRATEGY .