Start by marking “Trial of Three (Power of Five, #3)” as Want to Read:
Trial of Three (Power of Five, #3)

Trial of Three

(Power of Five #3)

Four cords of power. Three trials. Two soul-crushing secrets.

For Lera, training has never been so hard. With the males’ power roaring in her veins and River’s cold demand that she master the magic before the third trial, something has to give. Worse still, River is keeping something from her. Something about his past and Lunos’s future.

For River and Coal, the past must sta
Published September 26th 2018 by Danger Bearing Press

To ask other readers questions about Trial of Three, please sign up.
Hannah G I believe that there is one book left in the series. So, the total number of books will be 4. The 4th book is called "Lera of Lunos."

Sh3lly
Power of Five: ★★★★
Mistake of Magic: ★★★★

Buddy read with Reverse Harem Revolution.

I feel like this is the first review I have written in forever because I moved, transferred jobs, am in school, single mom, life is busy, yada yada yada. So the first book I get to finish in awhile is sorta... meh. I really liked the first two in this series, but this one was a bit like filler. Not a whole lot happened until about 60%.

I hated River's part in this. He was such a jerk and the first sex scene was so
Alaina
I NEED THE FOURTH BOOK!

Okay, so first off, I totally thought that this was the last book of the series. Now that I know that there's going to be a fourth book next year.. I'm sad that I have to wait. I just want to know what's going to happen. I need to know what is going to happen to the quints, specifically.

So many secrets come out in this book. One, I still don't trust Klarissa and I feel like that's the main theme for each book right now. Two, River has way too many god damn secrets and need
Gaby★Me Myshelf and I★
It can be said of a lot of things in life Sometimes the more you look forward to something the more of a let down it can be...

I don't want to colour anyone's opinion before it's release or spoil too much but never let it be said I wasn't an honest reviewer even when given a ARC.

3 stars may seem harsh but I am given those based on the other 2 books which were phenomenal and it wouldn't be fair to rate this higher than a 4 when the others were so amazing.
So its pretty highly rated 3 given the b
Kelly
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, rh-read
I love this series so damn much! And I can't wait for the next book. Seriously, when is it coming out?? Hopefully soon! :)

After only a few pages, I remembered almost everything that happened in the first two books since I've been apart from this story only a couple months.

What can I say about this book except you have to read it if you like the Reverse harem trope.

We still follow Lera and her Quint. She's getting closer to all the members in her Quint (and that was awesome and really hot, espe
Katyana
***3.5***

I like it, but ...

Well, there are a lot of buts. Firstly, we're three books in, and I feel like very very little has happened. Who is Lera? Why can't she remember her childhood, or anything prior to being bought by Zake at ... what was it we were told? Twelve years old? Where did she come from?

Secondly, there are some story elements that feel very contrived to me. For example, if you're going to take this uber badass team and tell them that they are puny new first trials - and expect th
Camila
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
This book was as short as the list of things I’ve accomplished today.

Hint: very short

WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK.

First off, I need a recap every now and then. Some books I remember clearly what they are about. Others are muddled and foggy and all I can remember is that I liked the series.
So yeah, this was one of those. I spent the entire 208 pages trying to remember half the shit going on.

Second on, nothing happened. This was the buffer book. I mean yeah there was some hot sex and development in
Sakina Carter
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A 3.5 star book.

I really do enjoy this RH series, it is one of the better ones, but this one was first short and over capacity in the smutty terms, don't get me wrong I love smutty, I just also wanted more action.

I am ready for the story to move on and see some progress with Lera controlling her powers.

All in all a great book and I would definitely recommend this series to RH lovers.
Michelle
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Please Note: This is the fourth and final book in the Power of Five series and this series needs to be read in order.
If you are new to the series, check out my review of Power of Five, my review of Mistake of Magic  and my review of Trial of Three for more information

Lera of Lunos is the fourth and final book in the new adult fantasy romance Power of Five series by Alex Lidell. You all know how much I LOVE this seri
Lissa Hawley
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book begins with a bang. And just keeps going. (It's 3:00 AM so my brain is throwing out automatic weaponry vs revolver analogies, but since I know almost nothing of guns this could end up nonsensical.)

Everything about this book is just more. More action, more scheming villains, more sex, more emotions, more moments that had me laughing hysterically.  I am not sure how Alex Lidell makes each book better than the previous, but it is an impressive skill.

Fans of RH are going to love this inst
Siri
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
it's getting better and better, i fucking love it!
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
ARC received in exchange for an honest review - thank you!

3.5 stars.

It pains me to give anything by Alex less than a solid 4 at least, but I feel like it was in this book that I began to realise how much the qoru/Gloom plot just doesn't work for me. I know I'll be in a tiny minority, but I find it kind of flat and highly forgettable. I started skipping pages to get to where this book really shines - the relationships.

Lera is sweet but forgives WAY too easily. The good news is, the forgiveness
Lera and her quint have discovered that she is a "weaver" of their magic. Unfortunately, she can't get the hang of controlling it and the elders are getting impatient with their group's lack of progress. Meanwhile, an area in Blaze is infiltrated by the Mors and Klarissa tries to get River to check it out. He refuses, but she ends up manipulating the entire quint into going there as part of their 3rd trial. (view spoiler) ...more
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
3.5 stars rounded down to 3 stars
Continuing with this series.

So far, I've enjoyed this series. My biggest issue in this book is the relationship between the quint. None of them seem to do anything together as a group - including Lera, lol. Everything is in twos, mostly - occasionally threes but not fives (except when traveling and in convo). This includes trainings.

Also, that first sex scene (view spoiler) was sooooo fucking PAINFUL to read. O_O Although (view spoiler
Jessica Robbins
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour

OMG I so love this book!!! Each new installment just keeps getting better and better even when I think there is no way that would be possible. Instead Lidell has to prove me wrong with this awesomeness that just makes me love Lena and her men even more! This is must read series so if you haven't read it yet why not? I give it 5/5 stars since I couldn't put it down at all.
Vicki
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It feels like Alex Lidell wrote this third book in the series just for me. I was beyond thrilled by multiple things that happened in the book in the romance department and that alone earns the high star rating for me - and made it my favorite book of the series. The writing of this author's books flows so easily and it makes the reading experience a very relaxing, enjoyable one for me. This series takes me back to the fantasy books of my youth, with the added reverse harem element making it all ...more
Alicia
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shade is still my favourite. No huge developments plot-wise in this book, but lots between the characters and filling in backstories.
Amy~ My Book Obsession
She learned to fight. She learned her worth. But can she learn to love? Will River and the others trust and see the strength Lera has? They have to stop sugar coating things cause she’s human. We’re a lot tougher than they think.
Again, Cole is the only one willing to push her but only so far.
River needs to stop overthinking and start living.
This part in the series is a little slower but just as enjoyable.
#MyBookObsessionApproved
#AudiobookObsessionReview
Amanda Cash
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best yet!

This was my favorite so far and I can't wait for the final book! Why is January so far away???
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5, but rounded up.

There wasn't anything wrong with this... I guess I just wanted more. More plot... More development of Lera's powers, certainly. This installment felt like it was designed to develop the relationships and set up the final book, which is fine, but it did leave it feeling a bit lacking.

I just want to see Lera having control of her power and kicking some ass!

I still would highly recommend this series to fans if the genre, though.
Rhea_Sways
So here is a thing about all these reverse harem books, they start off wonderfully and then proceed to take nose dive which is just sad. When you read the first one there is so much hope and potential.

So we are three books into the series, there is not actual substantial growth of relationships except the h has sex with the other Hs which can not be called growth per se... Nonetheless, the trials and tribulations all blend into one another as you try to find the theme of the plot which is also n
Lauren
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

My favorite, thus far!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Even though there's only mere months between releases in this series, it still feels like I've been waiting forever for more of Lera and her fae companions. This is one of two reverse harem series that's managed to hold my attention -- not for lack of trying -- and I eagerly anticipate every book's release. And then when the audio is available, I download it and re-listen to the series all over again. The narrator is not my favorite, but I forget about that every time because I'm so hooked on th ...more
Lola
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

Trial of Three is the third book in the Power of Five series and I was eager to see where the story would go next and what would happen to the characters in this book. Character and relationships wise I feel like this book is very important. Story wise it doesn't progress as much as I had hoped, but there are some important reveals that I think will be important for what happens in the next book.

This book feels very character foc
Soo
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Mini-Review:

I loved the plot developments. The way the relationships are unfolding works for me but the sex scenes still need work. There's a disconnect between the intention of the scenes & what actually happens. The next book is suppose to be the last of the series. I have my fingers crossed. I hope it's over 300 pages and able to tie up all the loose ends. I really like the way the world, politics and magic system has been set up.

I would say that this is one of my nicer finds on KU for 2
B.B. Lynn
This was my least favorite of the series. But when I say that it’s still a 4 star read for me so it’s not bad! But I found myself skimming a couple times. I’m excited for the next book!
Anna
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Power of Five book so you need to read the other two first if you haven't already. We are still dealing with the trials of course and working on Lera learning how to handle herself in their world. They've determined that Lera can tap into the guys, now they just have to figure out how to harness that and make it work for them. Unfortunately, they aren't given the time they really need since danger has come knocking at their door. With the Elders constantly pushing t ...more
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Another book another trial.

I still enjoy the story even though at times I feel the author doesn’t explain everything well.

I like Lera, but for a while there I was taking issue with the way Coal and River were treating her. I understood Coals reasons after it was explained but even being in Rivers mind I couldn’t figure out what his deal was. Why he wouldn’t tell Lera. The coupling scene was Coal and Lera was rough. And I mean that literally. I personally don’t think I’d have reacted similarly to
BokaniSak*BookWhore
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is quite interesting though it reminds me a lot of the kit Davenport series by tate james which has an alpha called River, who has the same character traits as our commander, also named River. Also, Coal from this series is the same as Cole from that series, difference is in the spelling of the name..

This edition was good, frankly, I like the sex scene with Coal although the actual relationship could be better. As for River, I'm glad he corrected that awful scene he had with Lera🤦🏽♀
Jaesi Jones
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Due to the fact that nothing really happened except a bunch of smut until about 80% I’m giving this 3 stars.

River is my absolute favorite character in this series! I so love his responsibility as the leader of the quint. He takes everything so seriously and keeps his feelings buried for the benefit of the group. He’s constantly in control but feels things so deeply even though he doesn’t show it. Honestly, I’m living for him at this point in my life!

I’m curious and excited for the conclusion of
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Fun and enjoyable

The quint remains at the Citadel in training for the trials while Lera learns how to use magic. She struggles with it since she is the only mortal at the Citadel as well as the only one who doesn’t have her own magic but has to “borrow” it from her guys. Then. There also is the issue of the Citadel elders who have an agenda for River, the leader of her quint, who is also a prince of one of the three kingdoms. The story is compelling and I find myself wanting to find out how it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Untamed: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy Romance (Dark Moon Shifters Book 2)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Wildlanders' Woman (Wildlands, #1)
  • Neutral (Curse of the Gods #4.5)
  • Vampire Charming (Not Another Vampire, #2)
  • The Marechal Chronicles: Volumes I, II, and III (An Erotic Fantasy Tale)
  • Queen of Light (The Chosen #4)
  • Shadowed (The Academy of Spirits and Shadows #3)
  • Being Mrs. Dracula
  • Heart of the Assassins (Academy of Assassins #2)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Dragon's Tears (The Dragon Shifter's Mates, #2)
  • A Heart of Midnight (Dark Fae Academy #2)
  • Destiny Be Damned (Last Hope, #3)
Alex Lidell is the Amazon Breakout Novel Awards finalist author of THE CADET OF TILDOR (Penguin, 2013). She is an avid horseback rider, a (bad) hockey player, and an ice-cream addict. Born in Russia, Alex learned English in elementary school, where a thoughtful librarian placed a copy of Tamora Pierce’s ALANNA in Alex’s hands. In addition to becoming the first English book Alex read for fun, ALANN ...more

Power of Five (4 books)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
  • Lera of Lunos (Power of Five, #4)
“This was like herding cats. Cats with candles tied to their tails while running through straw.” 0 likes