Start by marking “Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend” as Want to Read:
Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend

Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend

(Misadventures #20)

A washed-up model at the age of 27, Oliver Connely has gone from being a household name to barely making the rent. It’s time to think fast—and cash in big—with a can’t-miss idea inspired by the passion he sees in a handful of romance novel fans. Book Boyfriend Incorporated is born.

Can’t. Miss.

Right?

Except for the unexpected glitches Oliver’s business plan doesn’t cover—lik
Published March 5th 2019 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend

Angel Payne
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this emotional and heartfelt read--another home run from the world of the Misadventures books. Oliver is one of the most engaging and swoon-worthy heroes it's been a pleasure for me to read, heading up a cast of incredible but believable characters and a love story that unfolds with beautiful realism. Loved Ms. Blue's very creative take on this super cool theme, crafted into a plot that's truly a page-turner. Brava!
Antonella's book world
1 STAR

YOU CAN ALSO FIND THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG https://antonellasbookworld.blogspot....

This was a no no for me.
What was so bad in this book?
Everything basically.
First of all, the story.
Oliver was a model but his career just got non existent and he was suddenly short of money. He got then an idea about starting a little dating business, where he would be the dreamy book boyfriend women get crazy about. From this business gets to meet Bailey, who he falls in love with.
So, everything seemed rus
Linda Dunn
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantasies do come true...

Victoria Blue made me smile with all the feels in this book. Oliver has all the traits that I love in a man. Strong, adventurous, and romantic with a smoldering sexiness. Oliver is only 27 years old, but in the world of modelling, the industry already considers him past his "best before date". With financial obligations looming, he comes up with an ingenious idea to start a company that fulfills every romance reader's dreams, date your favorite Book Boyfriend.

The idea t
Renee Williams
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG Victoria Blue this was one of the best Romance novels that I have read in a while. I give you two big thumbs up for all the work and dedication you put into this book. Welcome to the misadventure word. It’s going to be a fun and wild ride. Where is my book boyfriend now??? I also loved the twist and turns I really didn’t know what was going to happen was he going to win Bailey over in the end or was he going to get with Skye in the end. Thank you for your amazing work!!!!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

So, anyone who reads romance has one or more book boyfriends, right? And, who wouldn't want to spend just one night with him … have all that alpha attention, romance and maybe a hot time in bed with him? Fantasies are wonderful until you fall for that fantasy and it becomes real.

Welcome to Book Boyfriend Inc. where fantasies come to life one book at a time.

Oliver had a great idea until it was pointed out to him that he is practically a prostitute. He had to change that and quick. No wa
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Unfortunately this book just didn’t so it for me. It had potential for sure but I just couldn’t connect with it.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

The storyline was enjoyable though. I liked the idea of a book boyfriend agency, that sounds like it would be an absolute hoot to try out I just couldn’t stay focused and found myself skipping through parts.

For me this book just wasn’t what I was expecting and I absolutely HATE not being able to enjoy a book. I’m giving it 3 stars for the
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new to me author but I love the misadventures series.

This story was not what I was expecting but in a good way. It was full of turns I never expected. I was hooked from the start. Oliver is swoon-worthy, but then again when you come up with the idea to be a book boyfriend for women you kind of have to be. Of course, he befriends his neighbor to help him out and his roommate, Skye, thinks it is a terrible idea. When Oliver begins to have a relationship with one of his clients how will
Amanda Dubuque
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, such a good book. Oliver is hot, sexy as obviously knows how to please a woman. He comes up with an idea to be a book boyfriend, I mean come on all the ladies want what's in the romance books. I myself have heard them around the pool talking, so why not. I need extra cash and the women need a man that can take care of the job. What could go wrong!?? My roommate thinks is a bad idea, and the roommate is a woman. Not just any woman but his best friend. Can Oliver pull it off or does the busin ...more
Karen Aguilera
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Victoria blew me away with this Misadventures. I wish I could give it more then 5 stars.

Oliver is everything a woman wants and more.
Going from a household name in the modelling world to barely being able to pay his bills Oliver decides to start Book Boyfriend Inc.
Then he meets Bailey, a married, career minded woman who needs more.

But what happens when Oliver finds out that both Bailey and his room mate Skye both work for City Hall tensions flare and loyalty is tested.

This book has twists and tu
Carol Ann Doveatt
What A Fabulous Book Boyfriend

First let me say, that I want an Oliver Connelly of my very own. He is the most considerate, thoughtful, generous, loving man Ever!!!! In this Misadventures book we are treated to Oliver Connelly, Bailey Hardin, and Skye Jordan, plus Janine who helps immensely with Oliver's business, Book Boyfriend, Inc. He starts the business as he needs money because he no longer can secure any modeling contracts. He meets Bailey on a book boyfriend date and he falls for her. Ther
Sue
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the Misadventures Series Victoria Blue!!!! Holy cow! There are twists and turns, suspense and intense chemistry that will leave you devouring this book in one sitting. I could not put it down. I absolutely loved it!!!!!

SassyLittleBookNerd
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Words can’t even describe how blown away I am with this new addition to the Misadventures series.

Victoria Blue isn’t a new author to me, I’ve read Secrets Of Stone series which she collaborated with Angel Payne with and deliverers an amazing series and now she’s joined the Misadventures series and just given us an amazing, outstanding, all consuming, addicting and down right SEXY read! She’s such a great addiction to the Misadventures community!

When Waterhouse Press first announced Book Boyfri
Shel Abshire
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one has my mind going in so many directions and pleasantly, most were wrong turns. Oliver has to face reality when his status as the most sought after male model falls down the rabbit hole. But, his best friend/roommate Skye depends on him to pull his share of the load.
He gets an idea from the Romance novel loving neighbors and begins Book Boyfriend Inc. Who would not want a date with their favorite Book Boyfriend?

He meets a woman, 'Melanie' (Bailey) on one such date that he can't get her
Debbie Clark
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not so sure Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend was really the book for me. I did like the idea of Oliver setting up an online service to bring Book Boyfirends to life. Loved that a man did the research into our favorite books and realized it was the way to a woman’s heart, and other parts. I just didn’t like that his hook up with a married woman, even though her marriage wasn’t typically a marriage, Victoria Blue is still an awesome writer and storyteller. I just don’t think this was for me ...more
Corinne Akers
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first heard the title of this book I was curious as to how it was going to be written. I mean there are several ways it could go, and when I started reading Oliver’s story, I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the way Victoria Blue decided to write this story!! Oliver is a successful fashion model who is aging and jobs are coming in less frequently now! Forced to think outside the box, he comes up with this crazy idea on how he can make money after hearing a group of women talking o ...more
Lisa
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The name of this misadventure is what really grabbed me, and Oliver's idea is a unique one. Changing careers and going out on a limb like that is great. I think his spunky neighbor was my favorite person, though. I had a hard time connecting with the characters and feeling invested in their relationships. The storyline itself was interesting and unique, and had a good flow. The writing was good, too. If there were half stars, sorry it would be a 3.5 for me, if I'm being totally honest.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Another great read in the Misadventures series. Oliver needs to bring in some money when his career as a model is coming to an end, but it is not until he overhears a bunch of housewives talking by the pool does he come up with his next line of work - a paid book boyfriend. Woman get to choose their fantasy man - alpha billionaire, firefighter, athlete, mobster or IT tech guy - Oliver can play them all. What he does not expect is to also find love with a client. What makes it worse is the connec ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Misadventure books sooo much! And this one has to be my favourite so far. It was full of angst, romance, humour and so much more.

The characters were relatable in every which way to real life people; Oliver was low on cash with no job perspectives in sight, resorting to opening BBI (you’ll have to read it to see what that means!). Skye; power hungry, driven but extremely childish and annoying... there’s always a few power-driven people out there that you want to roll your eyes at. Bai
Darlene Loop
Shelves: finished
Wow. how awesome it was to read about a book boyfriend. I am so in love with this story. I think this is now my favorite Misadventure Book. Just incredible.
Heather
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Oliver
Melissa
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anyone who has read a romance novel - from Austen to modern day - has secretly wished for a leading man to leap from the pages and sweep them off their feet. AKA...a Book Boyfriend. After a chance meeting at the pool, model Oliver Connely turns this idea into a business. Along the way, he makes new friends (I want more Jeanine!) and test his relationship with best friend Skye. And of course he finds the love of his life.

This was the first book I've read by author Victoria Blue, but it won't be
Vikki
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oliver was a model and he lives with his best friend Skye. He wants to set up a company called Book Boyfriend Incorporated with the help of a friend called Janine and he also does a photo shoot for the company. He goes on dates with different women and that's when he meets Bailey. While on a date with her he starts to become attracted to her.When Bailey is at the hospital she rings Oliver and he goes and support her as her husband passes away. He goes and spends the night with her and he starts ...more
Seema Rao
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet ~ Funny ~ Charming
tl; dr: Broke dude pretends to be your favorite hero.

I love the Misadventures series for its brevity and consistent quality. Each book is written by a different author, retaining the author's general niche. These books are a nice way to be introduced to different authors as well as different types of romances. Victoria Blue was new to me but now I will look out for her. She did a wonderful job with characters. Her facility with dialogue and character-development was part
Pennie Morgan
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a lot of fun wrapped up in a sexy and entertaining concept. Elliot is an out of work model who feels he is washed up at the age of 27 and knowing he has made bad financial decisions in his past he needs to find a side hustle just to pay the rent. While sitting around the pool and listening to the "moms" he comes up with an idea, he places a personal ad to be a Book Boyfriend. Little did he know he would actually develop feelings for the first "date" and not be able to get her off h ...more
Susan Becker
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, romance
Victoria has given us a a true romance novel. This book is well written and the characters are relocatable and easy to connect with. Can we say that we all need an Oliver Connelly in our lives. He is everything a woman wants he is swoon worthy. He has gone from a household name in the prime of his modeling career when things start to change and he is left to figure out how he is going to pay his bills.

This book has it all it has to feels the romance and chemistry off the charts! He decides to s
Anita Beaver
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing!!!! Everyone needs to find their Oliver!!! I was torn between Bailey and Skye. The entire book I went back and forth with which woman would crush Oliver's happiness. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. My dream of all dreams.....my own Book Boyfriend!!!! You did it again Victoria!!!!
Amy
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Loved this story!! Oliver is the perfect man, has manners,looks and great in bed. When his current job as a model isn't fulfilling and happening, He becomes what every women wants a book boyfriend. Can he be the perfect BBF and not have feelings ? Will he find his mate or will money win? Read this great book from a great author ♡Victoria Blue♡. Well written!!
Quincey Conway
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is by fare one of my favorites in this series. Oliver is hot, sexy and knows what he is doing when it comes to women. Oliver was the most sought after male until everything came crashing down. Now with the help of Bailey, Skye and Jannie, Oliver learns all he can and creates "Book Boyfriend Inc". Jannie tries to help Oliver, Skye is worried about the blow back, and Bailey is all Oliver can think about after their first date. So what could happen? What could go wrong?
Melissa
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Oliver is the sweetest guy love love love him. I had so many questions that were finally answered in the end but getting to them was agonizing. But a thrilling read nonetheless.
Vanessa
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I liked that the whole book was in a males perspective. The concept that Oliver came up with was a genius idea! I don't want to spoil anything about the book for anyone. Another great book in The Misadventures series.
  • Misadventures of a Time Traveler
  • Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)
  • Misadventures with a Master (Misadventures, #14)
  • Misadventures of a Curvy Girl
  • Hot for Love (Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls #8; The Bradens #24; Love in Bloom #64)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Royal Chase (Royals in Exile, #3)
  • All It Takes (Romancing Manhattan, #2)
  • Justified (Loveless, Texas, #1)
  • Hunter (Lawful, #2)
  • One Last Ride (Second Chance, #3)
  • Almost Married (Clover Park STUDS, #2)
  • 2 Times the Bliss (Dirty Down South)
  • Bridal Boot Camp
  • Fight (Struggle, #2)
  • Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections, #1)
  • Beautiful Clarity (Beautiful, #3)
  • At the Billionaire's Promise (Billionaire Brothers, #2)
Victoria Blue lives in her own portion of the galaxy known as Southern California. There she finds the love and life sustaining power of one amazing sun, two unique and awe inspiring planets and three indifferent, yet comforting moons. Life is fantastic and challenging and every day brings new adventures to be discovered. She looks forward to seeing what’s next!

Misadventures (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #1)
  • Misadventures of a Backup Bride (Misadventures, #2)
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Misadventures of a Virgin  (Misadventures, #4)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Misadventures of a Valedictorian (Misadventures, #7)
  • Misadventures of a College Girl (Misadventures, #8)
  • Misadventures with My Roommate (Misadventures, #9)
  • Misadventures of a Rookie (Misadventures, #10)