Start by marking “Awaken (Northern Witch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Awaken (Northern Witch, #2)

Awaken

(Northern Witch #2)

Mark has everything he ever wanted. He is training to be a fully-fledged witch; and he is dating the hottest guy at school.
But events from last winter have set things into motion that he is not prepared for.

Witches, demons, and danger come together to prove that this... this is only the beginning.
Published August 20th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Awaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awaken

Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

#1 Winter Trials - ★★★★
#2 Awaken - ★★★

Awaken is book 2 from the Northern Witch Series. Read my review for Winter Trials, book one in the series.

I have enjoyed reading the first book, and I was so eager to get to the second one. This is a story about a young boy Mark and his grandma, who is a witch. This is also a story about Damien, a new guy in town, in which Mark falls in love with.

The second book starts where the first book left off. Mark and
Charlotte May
copy provided by author in exchange for honest review
Lorraine
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, paranormal
The second book of the series picks up where book one finished. This book has a darker feel to it than the first.

Mark has a hard time coping as his boyfriend is possessed by a demon that causes trouble as it gets a stronger hold on Damien. Misunderstanding causes a rift between Mark and his friends, Harry and Sarah. On top of which, the other students and residents are scared of him, as they think he's using dark magic.

All in all an exciting read that doesn't let up until the last page - which l
Lana
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series was great, a coming of age book, where being gay in a small community made you different but Mark had always been accepted by his school friends. However, now in this second book Mark is not only gay but his boyfriend is being claimed by a demon and fellow students are ostracising Mark because they think he is using dark magic and that all the horrible things happening in the neighbourhood are caused by him. Mark is doing everything in his power to save Damian from ...more
Kitt
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a long time coming after the first Northern Witches book, Winter Trials, but it was worth the wait. Mark, his friends, and his boyfriend face new trials and trouble from the demon who possessed Damian at the end of the first book. As the demon becomes more powerful, he is more able to influence Damian and cause trouble. Will Marc, his Nana, and the other witches be able to vanquish the demon and free Damian? We'll have to wait and see, as the story doesn't end with this book. I lov ...more
Rose English
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 54 of my Goodreads Challenge

Oh well, what can I say I still think Nanna is Awesome. WOW what a great read I’ve been waiting for this second book in the series for some time (in the meantime I re-read the authors Witch Hunter Series all brilliant).

This is the second book in the series, and I must stress it is a proper series in every sense of the word so if you have not read book 1 you really and I mean REALLY need to read it, to get the back story. These are not standalone books.

Book 2 Awa
Lyra
Nov 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't know that I'm going to continue this series. I read the first book because I got it for free from an ARC program, and it was okay (albeit a cliffhanger), but with this book to be honest I can't remember the last time I disliked the characters from a book so much. All the characters. I don't think I liked or even felt neutral towards even one. They all had enough wrong with them and not enough right with them that I felt very negative towards them. Maybe they were casually prejudiced, may ...more
Sylvia
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read, Mark is learning magic from his grandma. Marks boyfriend Damian is possessed by a demon. Mark and the coven are trying to help remove the demon that is taking a ride in Damian’s body. Harry, Marks best friend have had a falling out, as Harry states Mark has been selfish and everything is about him. I must say this was a great read however it ends with a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to read the next addition.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Lejla
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book.
I am in love with spells from here, they sound so powerfull even if there is just few of them.
Mark is so cute and caring, I love him.
I cant wait for next book. He has to save world from that demon and save his boyfriend, too.
And what about those released demon and ghost, wow I am scared now.
Tanya
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His life is great as he training to be a witch and he is dating the hottest guy around. That is when things become more difficult. Life is about to change for them all. See what is going to happen

Scarolet Ellis
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book to read about witches, demons and danger oh my. I am so glad I got a chance to read this story and review it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you buy this story. I loved reading this book and I highly recommend this to everyone who loves stories with witches and demons.

Molly
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: alternative fantasy fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
And it has only just begun, the story of Damien and Mark.

A true love match it seems, but demon possesed Damien is trying to stay away from those he cares about to keep them save - works about as well as accepting the demon that took his parents in order to protect the coven.

prejudice of a different kind against Mark as a witch rears its head, and so does protective Nanna.

Can Mark stay ahead of the trouble, and the mistakes they all make trying to fight it?

Fighting demons and evil does not sound
tammy rufo
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
i really enjoy this series and the characters. well written. great characters. and lots of paranormal activity. i would def recommend this book.
Jackie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great fantasy book with witches. Mark has everything but there’s definitely trouble brewing. Fast paced, intriguing.
Barbara
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Allow a LONG full day for this eldritch tale of young gay love, although I suggest reading the earlier book, Winter Trials, first. I read an ARC and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Vincent
Aug 15, 2018
angela
Aug 20, 2018
K.S. Marsden
Aug 20, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Arora2
Sep 20, 2018
nicole wiencek
is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2018
Kelly S. Marsden grew up in Yorkshire, and there were two constants in her life - books and horses.
Graduating with an equine degree from Aberystwyth University, she has spent most of her life since trying to experience everything the horse world has to offer. She is currently settled into a Nutritionist role for a horse feed company in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
She writes Fantasy stories part-tim

Northern Witch (3 books)
  • Winter Trials (Northern Witch, #1)
  • The Breaking (Northern Witch, #3)