Start by marking “Hard to Find” as Want to Read:
Hard to Find

Hard to Find

Hard To Find is a collection of four short stories centered around friendship with LGBTQIA+ characters.

Unexpected Friendship: Kelsey makes a new friend when she is dragged into a haunted house one night.

Pearls: Once friends, now enemies, two princesses start a tense correspondence.

One Last Game: The night before high school graduation, Court wants to get their friends
Published June 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Find, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Find

Aleksandra
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
Lovely collection of four short stories with queer folks, about queer folks and centered on friendship between them. It has a light cheerful mood for the most part, with bits of serious undertones and themes. The author provides a list of potential content warnings for each story in the beginning of the anthology, it’s very considerate!

Unexpected Friendship - fun and spooky adventure in the haunted house, featuring lesbian protagonist and her new friend homoromantic pansexual Scottish guy.

Pearls
Cute stories focused on friendship

Unexpected Friendship: Kelsey is a great narrator and the haunted house aspect was def creepy! Ending is fun and cute.

Pearls: Oh gosh. That was super cute! Great friends-to-enemies-to-friends story via letters. Funny and so cute!!

One Last Game: cute! I feel like I would have enjoyed this story more if it was more fleshed out but still a cute beginning of rekindling a friendship.

A Place to Rest: this one was...weird, but also kinda heart wrenching. An interesting
iam
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely collection with four shortstories about friendships!

I rated each story individually and added some thoughts.

Unexpected Friendship: 2 stars. I really didn't like this one. The interactions felt weird and I simply didn't like what was going on: Kelsey gets dragged to a haunted house by her friends when she clearly doesn't want to, and they continuously ignore her when she voices her distress and fear. The positive ending that calls out such behaviour is NOT friendship didn't really
Heather-Jane
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely collection proudly filled with queer characters and a surprising amount of complex emotions for such a short read! I've been desperately needing to get over my reading slump and this helped immensely, thank you, Chace!
EmilieSA
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
The four stories are pretty different, so if there's one you don't like, I wouldn't let that stop you. For me, the first one was the weakest, and the second the strongest, but they each had something to offer. The friendships and characters were quite diverse, which was great as well.

Unexpected Friendship: 2 stars I'm not so sure about that one. It might be my least favorite of the four. Kelsey friends were dicks, but I wish the story had digged a bit deeper. I guess I'm a sucker for redemption
kory.
Unexpected Friendship: Gabriel is homoromantic pansexual. Kelsey is a lesbian. Jim is also queer. Kelsey's constant "if I do x will that get me a girlfriend" musings are annoying. But the developing friendship between Gabriel and Kelsey is sweet.

Pearls: Two queer princesses who used to be friends exchanging letters and repairing their friendship? I'll take it.

One Last Game: Devin is asexual and somewhere on the aromantic spectrum. Court is a demiboy. Tanya, although only mentioned, is a wheelcha
Michelle
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore each of these heartwarming stories and appreciate how each touches on different aspects of friendship or different points in the life of a friendship. As always, Chace's writing is beautiful and inviting, and their characters feel realistic and fully formed even in the tight space of a short story. I highly recommend these stories to anyone who wants to read stories that feel like a warm hug!!!
Kerri
Nov 04, 2018
Helen
Sep 22, 2018
Reader of Books
Jul 11, 2018
Chasia Lloyd
while Amazon processes things, let's go over the content warnings:

Unexpected Friendship: marijuana references, haunted house setting
Pearls: estranged friendship, references to a dead parent
One Last Game: estranged friendship, references to drinking
A Place To Rest: death, memory loss, references to chronic illness

thanks for being a friend, pals
Sylvia
Nicole
Jul 01, 2019
Kenzie
Aug 12, 2019
Chace Verity (she/they) is publishing queer as heck stories with a strong romantic focus, although queer friendships and found families are important too. Chace prefers to write fantasy but dabbles in contemporary and historical fiction as well. An American citizen & Canadian permanent resident, Chace will probably never be able to call a gallon of milk a "four-liter."