Start by marking “Mijn zoete wraak” as Want to Read:
Mijn zoete wraak

Mijn zoete wraak

Paula heeft Robert al sinds de toneelschool altijd gesteund, ze heeft haar eigen dromen opgegeven zodat hij de zijne kon waarmaken, en nu hij een gevierd acteur is ziet hij haar niet meer staan. Andere vrouwen daarentegen ziet hij maar al te graag.
Paula heeft een plan. Ze zorgt dat Robert weer hopeloos verliefd op haar wordt, dat hij beseft hoeveel hij aan haar te danken h
Published June 2018 by De Fontein (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Mijn zoete wraak, please sign up.

Paromjit
I wanted to read this book after hearing an interview with the author on the radio. This is a fun, light and entertaining read about Paula who finds out that her actor husband, Robert has been having an affair with a fellow actress, Saskia, on a country soap opera. Instead of having it out with him, she hatches a plan to make him fall back in love with her and once he is ensnared she plans to leave him. At first, this is easier said than done. After a long marriage, Paula has let herself go and ...more
Irena
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been two weeks since I finished My Sweet Revenge, and I still don't know how to write my review without possibly offending some people.
Not reviewing it would easy and, in a way, right decision, but after a while I decided to do it anyway.
My opinions are my own, and I do apologise to everyone who might be offended by them.

My Sweet Revenge follows the story of Paula, who found out her husband was cheating on her for a while. Instead of confronting him, she decides to keep a secret that she
Malia
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This was a fun, sassy novel with a likable protagonist, who isn't as predictable as most women in chick-lit novels. I liked that she took matters into her own hands and I enjoyed the writing style of this author. It is really hard to find light, fun fiction that isn't silly or massively predictable, and Jane Fallon delivered. I will definitely keep an eye on this author!

Find more reviews and bookish fun at http://www.princessandpen.com
Amanda
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, it was fun and well written. The main character Paula has found out her husband is having an affair and wants to extract revenge on him big time. The twists and turns that follow made me laugh at times but ultimately I really wanted to kick her husband Robert up the backside. I look forward to reading more of Jane Fallon's books, it was a great story with excellent character descriptions.
Bookread2day
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review on www.ireadnovels.wordpress.com

My Sweet Revenge is an awesome read. I loved reading every page. A husband having an affair seems to want his cake and eat it. A cake is known as a sweet and the wife wants her sweet revenge. The thing is who her husband is having an affair with is also married. Someone could be labelled as a home wrecker. I don't want to say too much about the story as I can't possibly spoil your fun. Highly recommend!
Emily Field
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really fun, easy "chick-lit" book which I would have enjoyed so much more if I hadn't already read Jane Fallon's previous book, Strictly Between Us. The story lines are COMPLETELY identical. Even the "big twist" (the classic "double bluff") in the middle of the story was revealed in identikit fashion. So while a lovely and accessible fiction, unless you have a preference for reading the same book over and over again, I would only recommend one of these two books. Either one. They are one and t ...more
Rachel Gilbey

I started off really enjoying My Sweet Revenge, but the longer everything was drawn out for the more my interest started to wain. I am not sure that I could do what Paula does in this book, which is find out my husband has been cheating on me, and not let on to him at all, for months until she is ready to try and enact her revenge.

There was a lot of porky pies being told by Paula, but also by Robert, Saskia and Joshua, the focal characters of this book. In some ways I do admire Paula, as her ini
Joanne Robertson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of Jane Fallon for a while now, since Getting Rid of Matthew, but I have to say that fan or no fan you are going to love this book. I actually think her writing just gets better with each new book that she releases! Once I picked this up for a few minutes peace and quiet with a cuppa, the minutes (and then the hours!) just flew past in a happy, blissful haze!

What I love about Jane’s books is that she takes horrendous personal situations and makes her characters deal with them i
Cititor Necunoscut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 pentru efectul motivaţional. cartea asta te inspiră chiar daca nu te înşeală soţul.
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)

I’ve been hearing great things about Jane Fallon’s books for years so when My Sweet Revenge dropped through my letterbox for review I was so excited to give it a go. I’m an absolute sucker for stories about revenge and this book, true to its title, is one of the sweetest, most satisfying revenge stories that I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading.

When Paula finds out that her husband is having an affair she has two options:

1.) Confront him, get a divorce, and watch him ride off into the
Joanna Park
Paula and Robert have been married for 20 years since meeting as Drama students. Paula put her dreams of being an actress on hold to focus on being a mother while Robert has become one of the nations favourite actors in one of the countries best loved soaps. When Paula discovers Robert is having an affair she decides not to confront him but instead hatches a plan to make him fall back in love with her so when she ends it with him, he will notice and it will hurt. However things don't go accordin ...more
Zoe
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of the most petulant and childish plotlines..

Pauline finds out her husband is having an affair with his very attractive (Read: Thin) colleague Saskia (Both are actors in a TV soap). Pauline, obese and miserable - finds out and decides NOT to confront her cheating spouse. Instead, she forms a plan to make her husband fall in love with her again and to break him and his mistress up without ever letting on she knows about said affair. The idea being that when husband, Robert rea
Kim
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, kindle, net-galley
When Paula suspects her husband of having an affair with his costar- she plans to get revenge by making him fall back in love with her and wrecking any chance of his new love staying together.

She gave up the chance to have her own acting career to look after their daughter and the timing was never right for her to try and succeed as an actor. She is currently working part time in a cafe and feels as though she has let herself go a bit.

When she starts her campaign to win her husband back- she loo
Katheryn Thompson
Paula and her husband Robert made a pact, when Paula became pregnant, that Robert would focus on his acting career while Paula would take charge of their home and then return to acting later, when Robert would resume the responsibilities of the family. But somehow this never happened. Now Georgia, their daughter, is almost eighteen, Robert has a well-paying job on the soap Farmer Giles, and Paula, now overweight, works in a bakery. And then Paula discovers that Robert is having an affair with hi ...more
Agi
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Oh guys, "My Sweet Revenge" was one of my most anticipated releases in January... heck, this year! Since reading Jane Fallon's "Strictly Between Us" I've just fallen in love with this author, her writing and her sharp - observed, funny stories. This book is really a brilliant, sharp read, that keeps you asking what would you do in Paula's situation. I personally don't think I'd be able to plot such a plan and this is probably why I enjoyed this book so much. It was something new, something fresh
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
Reviews can also be found on my blog Escapades of a Bookworm

My Sweet Revenge was a fun, clever and witty read. That proves that there is great fun to be had even when you are hell bent on revenge. I loved all the twists and turns in the story. I had no idea how everything would turn out. But I was rooting for Paula all the way, to show Robert what for. Mainly because I found Robert to be a bit of a prat so I quite enjoyed him getting his comeuppance. To be honest he deserved nothing less. And t
Roman Clodia
Let your mean side out to play!

This is a bit like Mean Girls for grown-ups. Paula is determined to split up her husband and his soap-opera actress lover through losing weight and becoming his ideal woman (though she kind of forgets this for large intervals) while also planting lies and manipulating them both. In typical Fallon fashion, we then get a midway twist which complicates the story and re-doubles the mean manipulations.

I like Fallon when I need something frothy and mindless to read (thi
Nina Draganova
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Джейн Фалън започва да се очертава като писател, който ще добавя в списъка с любимите.
Пише много увлекателно.
Не прави изключение и с тази книга.
Да,може би на някой ще му се стори клише историята, но ще остане доста изненадан от развитието на сюжета.
Isabelle Broom
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jane Fallon is brilliant! I loved this and will be recommending to EVERYONE!
Noriko
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be more precise, I gave this book 3.75 out of 5 stars. I liked it, but it falls a bit short of 4 stars.
I found this book quite twisty down to the very last minute. The last twist almost got me fooled; I was dreading the worst case scenario and didn't want that to happen (certainly not), I felt so relieved and content with how it ends.
I personally thought the whole 'revenge' plot a bit over the top and cliche, but I did enjoy the unexpected turn of events (particularly romance) that springs
Dana
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun romp by Jane Fallon, "My Sweet Revenge" is the story of a wife who discovers her husband is a cheater, and sets out to make him fall back in love with her so she can then dump him on his sorry arse! First, she secretly befriends the mistress, and then elicits help from the husband of her husband's mistress and the fun begins. Got all that? There are so many twists as both sides are trying to control how this all plays out. Similar to Fallon's earlier novel, "Simply Between Us," this ...more
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Your wife/husband has been cheating on you; how do you feel? Of course, you're going to be fuming, devastated and so on. Would you confront them about it? Or would you be badass and seek revenge?! Well, Paula has found out that her world is about the crumble (pretty much rivalling the amount of crumble on a good ol' apple crumble to be honest); but instead of getting in his face and turning the air around them rather co
Ana Dumitrache
Romanul acesta e precum o limonadă rece într-o zi de vară. E relaxant, revigorant, amuzant și ușor de citit. E plin de clișee și se construiește pe baza unui subiect banal, însă autoarea reușește să îi adauge prospețime.
Romanul spune povestea Paulei, o femeie care și-a sacrificat cariera pentru a avea grijă de familia ei. O face atât de bine, încât uită să mai aibă grijă și de ea. Însă se redescoperă pe sine când află că soțului ei o înșeală cu o femeie mai frumoasă și mai tânără.
Întregul ei răz
Karen
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really hard to read about cheating spouses in a light hearted way. I nearly gave up but then Part 2 came along. There is a certain madness to Paula and she's almost too cool a customer in this novel. I like strong women main characters have control of themselves but how Paula pulls off emotionally is hard to believe. The author has much of this covered with Paula able to hash things over with Myra at work. Plotting and reason are leveled out with Myra and some with Josh.

I love how Paula"
Katherine Sunderland
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. I was in need of a feel good, humorous read that I could curl up with and this definitely did the trick. It's witty and funny with enough extra twists and last minute revelations to make it a very satisfying read. Fallon's characters are engaging, well developed and even those with an extra bit of colour remain believable rather than becoming too comical or too caricatured.

I wasn't really quite sure what to expect when I started the book but I was instantly made
Minna
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What makes this very entertaining is that the characters are all a bunch of actors deceiving each other (or thinking they're deceiving each other.) It also really satisfies my petty, vindictive streak.
Fall-Out-Book-Nerd
A good solid chick lit book. It was dragged out slightly but Jane Fallon definitely knows how to write a plot twist.
Abigail (Abbie) Osborne
Review to follow
Liz
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A novel of deception and revenge!

I thought the plot idea was good and really enjoyed the first half of the story but felt that towards the end it just dragged on and became monotonous. It certainly had some humorous moments but some very far-fetched ones too. I liked the split narrative between the two main female characters. It's an easy read - perfect for taking on holiday!
  • Going for Broke (Oakland Hills, #5)
  • The Happy Home for Broken Hearts
  • Our Song
  • It Was You
  • Whisper if You Need Me
  • The Day I Died
Jane Fallon is an English producer and novelist, most famous for her work on popular series Teachers, 20 Things To Do Before You're 30, Eastenders and This Life. She has also written two successful novels.

Fallon has been in a relationship with popular comedian Ricky Gervais since 1982, after they met while studying together at the University College London. The couple has lived together since 1984