Start by marking “Touching Down” as Want to Read:

Touching Down

An athlete and an artist fall in love…

Tortured artist. Popular jock. There’s a reason these stereotypes exist. We were them.

I didn’t meet Jackson Walker until junior year, but from that day forward, I knew my life would forever change. What I didn’t expect, what I didn’t anticipate, was my heart’s betrayal. That I would bend and break and fall helplessly in love with a
ebook
Published July 16th 2018 (first published July 15th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Touching Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touching Down

Dee Montoya
4.5 Stars*****

I love discovering new authors, and I especially love it when the book turns out to be amazing. C.J Martín’s writing style is very unique, it has a lot of heart, and it's impossible not to feel it traveling through your senses, like a beautiful song.

I found Touching Down to be a very heartwarming story. The characters and the story had many layers, and as I read I found myself falling in love with both the story and the author.

photo 36DE0358-2CC2-4778-A300-1A7EC0EDD8C9_zpsqqv4echr.jpg

Jax is a college football star. He lives and breathe
~Kristin~
3 Stars
This was a bit too repetitive and predictable for me.
Anna
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT! I happened on this book by accident, but SO glad I did! I love sports romances, and I LOVE football! This had everything you needed in a great book. Great "falling in love" aspect, (not insta-love), great steam, great plot, and wonderful epilogue. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Book Maniac Forever
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

4 "New York" Stars
Fans of college sports romance, you will swoon over this sweet yet steamy read! In Touching Down, C.J. Martin brings a whole lot of sexiness, humour and stirring moments together!

"I want her to make me wait for it. She's not a one-game girl. She's the whole fucking season."

Jax is such a fantastic hero! Seriously that guy is swoon-worthy! He’s not your usual stereotype quarterback. Yes, he has a cocky side and likes to use his charm, but Brooklyn brings the best side o
C.J. Martín
Jul 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Touching_Down_Teaser_1

🇬🇧 Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2utBYn2

🇦🇺 Amazon AU:https://amzn.to/2KZGDHB
AnneKR
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first book from this author and it was a fantastic read! Jackson breathes and lives for football. He has focused his time and energy playing football that he can't afford any distractions. Brooklyn came from a home filled with nightmares that she still can't get away from. She is focused on her art and being invisible. When these two meet she does her best to ignore his advances and flirting. He is determined to break through her walls, even though he knows he doesn’t have the time and energy ...more
Emily Goodman
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touching Down was so much more than your average sports romance. Martin fills her pages with a story so emotionally driven that you can’t help but fall hard, fast, and deeply for Jaxx and Brooklyn.

In Touching Down, Martin gives us what at first seems like a typical story line in this trope- football star falls for nerdy girl. However you quickly find that Martin dug deepers into these characters creating an emotional depth that is not typically found in a sports romance. Brooklyn’s character was
Meghan Murphy
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Touch Down is the all new stand-alone romance novel by CJ Martin! It was soooo good. From the first page I was hooked and I honestly did not put it down until I was done. Jackson and Brooklyn stole my heart. Their story was absolutely beautiful.

When Brooklyn was a teenager, she had the unthinkable happen. It has shaped her life and made her into the person she is today. Dealing with flashbacks and anxiety, Brooklyn keeps to herself and does not do anything but focus on her art. When she
Sharon Jones
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by CJ Martin, and I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. Sports romance novels are my favourite genre, that this is based in a college setting really ticked all the boxes for me.
I loved the romance between Brooklyn and Jackson. They fell for each other fairly quickly, but once they committed to one another it certainly wasn't smooth sailing.
Brooklyn's story is simply heartbreaking. She definitely deserved to have someone as magnificent as Jackson to love her.
Then there i
Gwen Shafer
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have had the privilege to read by this writer. Well written and enjoyable from beginning to end. Not what I was expecting. Some very touching moments that had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen. I absolutely love Jackson and Brooklyn. There is just definitely something very strong between them that can easily be seen. I loved their chemistry. It was enjoyable and steamy hot. I hated what Brooklyn went through but her character was so very ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 SEXY JACKSON STARS!! Wow, this story was so intense with all the feels and keeps you flipping pages. I loved Jackson, he is sexy, a football player, confident, sweet and so full of love. Jackson and Brooklyn's story is beautiful, heartbreaking, sexy times, forgiveness and full of emotions. CJ Martin takes us readers on a beautiful journey with her phenomenal storytelling. You definitely need to 1-click this book.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I simply could not put this book down. Sexy, confident football superstar, Jackson and sweet, lovable Brooklyn come together in a highly emotional and heartwarming story. CJ Martin has a way of writing her characters that just sucks you into the story and never lets go. This book was a masterpiece filled with a beautiful plot, honest characters and I cannot recommend it enough. Once again CJ Martin does not disappoint.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
4 Star Kindle Unlimited Read

'Touching Down' is my first ever read by author CJ Martin and now I'm hooked. Not only was the hero alpha protective, a hint of tenderness engrossed his personality. The heroine although broken was strong in her own right. The two click to establish that through your darkest days, true love is healing and acceptance. I can't wait to read more CJ Martin.
Tiffany Sorensen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow CJ Martin has out done herself on Touching Down. I definitely recommend this book. Jackson is the football star who falls for a girl that is from a different world. Brooklyn has a past that she wishes she could forget. I love how strong her character was written and how her past does not define her. Jackson and Brooklyn’s chemistry is steamy and explosive. Touching down is sexy and dynamic and it will keep you on they edge of your seat. Once I started I could put it down until the end.
Peach
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this YA book about the star football player (Jackson) and the invisible, emo artist (Brooklyn). There was angst in the beginning of the book where Brooklyn kept rejecting Jackson because she was damaged. Once they were in a relationship, they had to learn how to navigate their different lifestyles and personality.
Jade
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, arc
Jackson is the sexy star of the football team.

Brooklyn is the sweet art student hiding away from a terrible past.

One look at Brooklyn and Jackson is hooked.

This is the story of 2 people from two different worlds.

Great read from a fabulous author!

Liz
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn't realize that this entirely takes place in college.

This has dark themes and a male lead who is entirely consumed with football and getting this girl to fall in love with him. It was really annoying.
Constance
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first 70% much more than the last 30%.
Bethany McNease
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book I read by CJ Martin and it won't be my last! I felt the emotions come off the page! My heart hurt for Brooklyn and I loved how Jax was with her. This is a wonderful book!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Although cracked, imperfect, broken, it's still my favorite."
These characters really spoke to me.
I highly enjoyed this story and loved how real it felt
KimberlyDawn
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that sucks you in. I definitely enjoyed the story.
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved Brooklyn and Jackson!! The rollercoaster ride that is their story kept me on the edge. So many feels to this story and what Brooklyn over comes is a wonderful journey.
Selena Mathews
Aug 31, 2018
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Oct 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
CJ Martín spends the majority of her days daydreaming, procrastinating, and longing for the day when she can quit her day job and write full time.

She loves all things romance and is a sucker for a happily-ever-after. She also loves traveling, yoga, avocados, and music. She has about a million and one playlists on Spotify that are as random as her personality.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her swe