Start by marking “Angel (The Black Sentinels MC Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Angel (The Black Sentinels MC Series Book 1)

Angel

(The Black Sentinels MC #1)

At ten years old, Rosie Grace Collins did a terrible thing.
At ten years old, Declan Foster witnessed a terrible thing.
At ten years old, best friends Declan and Rosie were torn apart.

For twenty years Rosie lived a protected life. She was an angel to the men whom she knew she'd wronged. She was the darkness that the Black Sentinel MC didn't know existed.
For twenty years
Published August 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel

Start your review of Angel (The Black Sentinels MC Series Book 1)
Emma Johnston
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author was new to me, never read her work before, but I certainly will be from now on.

This book was beyond amazing. I've read loads of MC books before but nothing like this one.

The twists and turns in this book had me on the edge of my seat along with the writing style. I was hooked from page 1 and read it in one sitting.

Declan and Rosie are now two of my favourite characters of all time. Rosie was a super strong and independent heroine whilst even though
Coco.V
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/27/2019)! 🎁
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
Wow, what a read this one was. The author has really outdone her soft with this book. You are taken on a ride into the MC world and it is a rolllercoaster of emotions. The characters are ones that you can really relate to. The flow of the story is exemplary, and the writing impeccable. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
Jan

Wow! I was completely glued to the pages from start to finish. Victoria Johns has ticked all the right boxes for this MC lover with this brilliant debut MC novel.

I love MC for the angst, the danger, the thrill of the ride and Victoria Johns satisfied all my desires I love in an MC read with Angel.

What begins with two childhood best friends living in a trailer park, supporting and being there for each other, seeking comfort in one another from their own messed up parents turns into a nightmare when they are
Siobhan
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I’ve consistently enjoyed by Victoria Johns reads, the Soul Mates series being a series I was more than willing to devour, meaning I was pretty eager to dive into the new Victoria Johns series. I was especially interested when I found out it was to be a motorcycle club read, as I have a particular weakness for such stories.

Whilst I usually love Victoria Johns, sadly, Angel didn't do it for me. It was enjoyable enough, but I had been hoping for something more. Whether it’s due to my s
Claire Shaw
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Victoria Johns book I’ve read and I can honestly say I’m in love.

Angel is my soul sister! The sass and just overall badass women is a dream to read.

She doesn’t need to use her fists as her mouth is more then capable of bringing you to earth with a bump.

Wolf is as handsome and sexy as I hoped he would be.

Just love all the characters and truly hope there is more to come!!!
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Holy Phenomenal. Angel is one amazing MC novel. This book was different than most MC novels I have read. It had a unique plot and dynamic characters. This book has romance, mystery, twists, and many turns. If you like sarcastic heroines and alpha males, then this book is for you.
The plot of this book surprised me. I didn’t expect what I got. What happens when you have lived your life holding onto one lie? Would you let it dominate your life or embrace the now and leave the past in the past
Ashlee  Turf *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
Sad, beautiful and tragic. Explains Rosie growing up in a trailer park with her pathetic excuse for a mother. Her mother gave her room to do as she pleased with little to no consequences, she didn’t care for school and did her fair share of messing around. Declan her best friend was always a little shy to participate in her pranks, but he looked to her for comfort. Making a mistake one day, it turned their lives upside-down and changed everything. Declan leaving her behind with his equally messe ...more
Book Fancy
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

OMG do yall know what I'm doing right now?! I'm fangirling hard for Victoria Johns! And I'm wondering where has this author been all my life?! Ms. Johns absolutely positively blew me away! I'm talking like this is the best MC book I've read in a really long time kind of blew me away. And that's saying something, because I read a ton of MC books! I would probably even go as far as to say the best MC book I've read all year and one of my
Suzie
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy smoke....Victoria Johns venture into MC was everything I wanted and more. Highly addictive story with twists and turns that you never imagined. Rosie and Dec are true soulmates despite the circumstances that are desperate to keep them apart. I’m truly at a loss for words over this one as it was so much more than I expected and definitely worth more than 5 stars. I really hope the next in the series is not too far off (hint hint)
Autumn Bryant
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic MC book that will leave you on the edge of your seat. It is filled with drama, love, and lots of twists and turns that you never see coming. I could not put it down.
Serena Worker
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Declan and Rosie are best friends, although after what happens Declan’s dad makes them leave and Rosie doesn’t see him again. Rosie is found by the Black Sentinels, they take her in and the president cares for her as his daughter and calls her Angel, his wife calls her Gracie, they don’t know what she did.
Angel never expected to see him again or how she did, sneaking into the garage, she’s caught by the president of Carnals MC, Wolf, only she knows he’s Declan.
They both new that after the
Carol Morgan
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great start to this series & the first book i've read by Victoria Johns . It begins with two children who grew up with a mom that didn't care for Rosie Collins & Declan Fosters dad used him as a punch bag . They only had each other & when curiosity ends in death & disaster they are parted , his dad runs with him & Rosie becomes the Black Sentinels Angel but fate & conspiracy brings them back into each others lives , both hiding secrets from each other , in Angels case f ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! WOW!! I can’t believe I have never read this author before. This is her debut MC series and she rocked it. I love MC books and I feel like this author put her own twist on this book. I’m waiting for my emotions to get off the roller coaster that was this book. I was captivated from the first chapter. Declan and Rosie are in my top ten all time favorite couples. Declan is so protective over Rosie. They have a palpable that you can feel coming off the pages. I can’t wait for more Black Sent ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 angel stars!! Damn this book was sooo good. Haven’t added a book to the favorites in a minute. This is just what I needed!!

This story starts off in a trailer park and ends up in a car repair shop. All the in between is fantabulous!! Ahhh!!

“...When the universe is pushing and pulling you in the exact same direction, go with it. Go with it and enjoy the ride.”

Rosie is from the wrong side of the tracks. Her mom is a druggie whore and one night it ca
Stephanie
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

I brought my Kindle to the hairdressers for my cut and colour. 2.5hrs later when the stubborn grey eventually gave in to my colour I had almost gotten 50% through. This story is gripping, and as I got to know Angel and Wolf I couldn't put it down. Don't think you're going to be reading about starlight and moonbeams, this story has violence, anger and danger as well as true connections of love,lust and trust. Angel has lived 2 lives, and carries a secret which may destroy and take away t
Kari Hansen
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angel and Declan were neighbors in the same trailer park and best friends even though they were very different as Angel was adventurous while Declan tended to stand back and observe. When they were ten one tragic evening resulted in Declan and his father leaving and Angel was left behind. She ended up being rescued by the Black Sentinels and they have become their family even if it is based on a lie.

Years later they meet again except Declan is now Wolf, the President of the Carnals M
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Wow! What a read this is. When I read the blurb to this I just had to read it and I'm delighted I did. I started this thinking I'll just read a couple of chapters before I go to work. Well, I couldn't put it down, so work just had to wait.

This is a great story and the characters are brilliant. Angel (Rosie) is a feisty character and isn't like most women; she was found in a trailer when she was 10 and brought up by the Black Sentinels MC. JP and his old lady brought her up as their o
Barbara Harrower
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this story blew me away! Declan and Rosie were brought up in the same circumstances, and they were separated at age ten due to tragedy. Rosie was taken in by The Sentinels, and loved and protected by the MC. Declan is now known as Wolf, and is the president of a rival MC, and when he spots Rosie, he recognises her straight away. The chemistry between these two is intense, but what will happen when secrets are revealed? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! ...more
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
This is my first VJ read & I have to say I loved it! I’m such a sucker for MC, so when a friend recommended this one, I didn’t hesitate to grab a copy & dive in.

This is story of Rosie (Angel) & Declan (Wolf) who were torn apart as children, before being thrust back together 20 years later. Even though Wolf was always coming for the girl that claimed his heart as a young weak boy, Angel never thought she would ever see the boy who became a man again.... INSERT FIREWORKS!,<
LaShanta Charles
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wholeheartedly enjoyed this book! This was my first read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised.

Rosie/Angel was the perfect mix of sweetheart and badass. I loved that she was so outspoken and had no qualms about putting people in their place. I liked the dynamic between her and all the men in her life, especially her dad. Her one moment of stupidity was integral to the plot, but I hated it all the same. Declan/Wolf was also a great character. I hate that they were separated
Donna
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well what can I say this book was brilliant and flowed really well. I totally loved the writing style of this author and as a new to me author she made an impact for me to read more of her work.

The characters in this book are brilliant Rosie aka Angel and Declan aka Wolf were a match made in heaven and by fate they found each other again. This book isn't an easy read by any stretch of the imagination, what else do you expect from an MC book. The men are real alpha's and the women are strong and
Tina Workman
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Wolf & Angel!!!!

This was the first time I read this author, but not the last! This was a fantastic story. Declan & Rose were children growing up in unfortunate circumstances that leads to a horrible tragedy, ripping them apart. They reconnect 20 years later and It is explosive. The Wolf always gets his prey... and he has Angel in his site. When betrayal & the past collide and tear them apart, will they make it back to each other?
1-Click now to find out!!!

I found this story to
Nikki
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by Victoria John's and hot damn I want to read all shes written now!
I love an MC read at the best of times but the fab story line this had was an added bonus to dirty talking bikers that MC books usually have.
So Declan and Rosie were childhood friends.. when an life changing incident happens making them part ways never to see each other again.. until 20 years later when Rosie's world is blown apart with Declans arrival back into her life!
Fab story.. kick ass heroin
JenMcJ
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, e-books
This has a lot of potential but it wasn't what I was looking for in an MC novel. Not enough grit, not enough chemistry between Declan and Rose and maybe too much time in between 10 and 30 to make this work with the plot it had.

I felt like Rose was the only really strong character in the book and that there was simply no good reason for her new family to keep the secrets they did except to add drama at just the right time.
Lesley Robson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Angel is the first book of a new MC series and it didn’t disappoint. It has everything in it that you would expect from an MC read. There is plenty of drama and a few suprises that I didnt see coming. I love Declan and Rosie and you could spot their chemistry and love for each other from the get go even when they tried to deny it. Their path is a troubled one but one they need to walk. I enjoyed this book and i cant wait to read about more of the sentinels.
Karina Jayne
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a story

This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and it most definitely will not be the last.
I absolutely loved it. I loved the sassy angel, the dark and dangerous alpha Declan.
This book has me gripped front start to finish.
If you like your MC books this one is for you, you will not be disappointed I promise.
I would give it 10 stars if possible as 5 to me just isn’t enough
I can not wait for book 2 ❤❤
Throughly enjoyed it thank you for a fantastic read.
Selina Adam
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love a women who can hold her own!

One thing I find frustrating in romance is the weak female leads. The author had made my day by giving me a sarcastic, tough, loud, but somehow vulnerable and loving women that I can completely get on board with. Then to just make my day even better she gives me Declan'Wolf'Foster... wow! Alpha male, protective, loving and absolutely brutal when called for.
Really enjoyed this book and will be looking for me by the author!!!
K.M. Lowe
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good!

I love MC novels, and I've loved previous books by Johns. This was no different. It was a good book. It kept me interested. The MC storyline was interesting with just enough back lash. Angel and Declan were loveable characters.
Only one complaint I have being Scottish is the way Mac speaks in his Scottish accent. Lol! But all in all of you like MC and romance you'll enjoy this book.

• Washed In Blood (Heaven's Guardians MC, #1)
  • Redemption Weather
  • Claiming Mine (Unforgiven Riders MC #1)
  • Sins of the Father (Ravens Ruin MC, #1)
  • Wrecked & Reclaimed (Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter #5)
  • Love, Loyalty & Mayhem: A Motorcycle Club Romance Anthology
  • The Devil's Angels MC
  • Betting on Forever (Battle Born MC #1)
  • Copper (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 1)
  • Prospect (The Kings of Retributon MC #7)
  • Judge (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 2)
  • Phoenix (Blackwings MC Book 3)
  • Knights Fury (Rumblin' Knights Book 2)
  • Craving Rose (The Aces' Sons, #5)
  • Riggs (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana Chapter #1)
  • The President (Of Rebel Rage MC #1)
  • Heaven Sent (Heaven's Rejects MC, #1)
  • Wrecked & Restless  (Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter #4)