Start by marking “Untouchable (Untouchables, #1)” as Want to Read:
Untouchable (Untouchables, #1)

Untouchable (Untouchables, #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  10,381 ratings  ·  1,681 reviews
The bully isn't supposed to win.

Senior year was off to a rough start: lube in my locker, panties on my front porch, unimaginative name-calling. See, I got a player suspended from the football team for harassing me, and in my small Texas town, you don’t mess with the football players—even if they mess with you first.

I didn’t care if it was an unpopular thing to do; I s
Published December 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Untouchable, please sign up.
Ella's Bookshelf After reading "The Boy on the Bridge" I think the friend is Caleb Grant.
After reading "The Boy on the Bridge" I think the friend is Caleb Grant.
It says in the Note from the Author (in The Boy on the Bridge) that Caleb will have his own book "Unbeatable"
You can add it to your TBR here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...(less)
Rebekah
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  10,381 ratings  ·  1,681 reviews

Start your review of Untouchable (Untouchables, #1)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
1 STAR
Some spoilers to follow...
It’s terrifying, his disregard for right and wrong. The pleasure he gets out of making me powerless.

I have sat on the rating for this book for a solid week, totally and completely conflicted. On the one hand, the writing is solid and the story interesting enough to have me continuing after the HOLY SHIT DID I JUST READ WHAT I THINK I DID in the first 5%. Yes, the warning does a good job of preparing the reader and making them understand that this is n
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Holy fucking shit! That's what I thought as I read the beginning of Untouchable by Sam Mariano. The first scene between the main characters, Carter and Zoey, is more than just uncomfortable. It's sick, twisted, and fucked up on a level I've never seen in a book about high school students. In fact, the entire book is.

thexfactoruks09e02

I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat this. If you have ever read a book and disliked it, because you thought the hero was abusive or the couple's relationship was toxic, back away slo
Snow
Dec 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Fuck it, this will probably be the 'unpopular' review and that's absolutely fine...

Cause these are also my personal thoughts intertwined with the impressions after reading this book...the book I, unfortunately, DIDN'T like!

Inspite Sam Mariano's writing and inspite her given warning about this book and its content...

It just reminded me of one similar book in recent past that irked my protective senses to full blast and I still firmly stand with my primar expressivness.

The said warning stated that
chan ☆
so this is on a list for a video i’m filming and i cannot force myself to read it.

in the opening CHAPTER there is threat of sexual assault and the HERO talks about making the heroine bleed. apparently it gets worse from there. i’m fuckin out.
CristiinaReads❀
Dec 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
➳What the heck did I just read... WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?!

➳I am very well aware of the warning the author provides in the synopsis, however, the fact that someone wants to write about the lack of consent during sexual encounters as a motivation to have the reader reading more of said story is something that I am trying to find out why it is in any way okay. When a girl, or a boy says "no", "stop that", "can you please stop?", "do not touch me!", that right there states to back off, step
D.L. Howe
Apr 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, this is some Luke and Laura shit right here. If Luke had been sober and a conniving bastard.

You know the last Sam Mariano book I read pissed me off due to dubcon. This one decimates noncon but I can’t seem to care. So, either this book is better or I’ve become desensitized. Imma go with this one being better.

I like Zoey, we need more Zoeys in this world. Stand up, even when it hurts!

Manipulative, condescending, chauvinistic, psychotic, brown nosing fuckboy with an undeserved hero com
Phuong ✯
✩⡱ original rating 2019: 4 stars
✩⡱ re-read April 2021: 3.5 stars

SONG:
Sam Smith - Forgive Myself

There is so much wrong with this book that I feel like I'm going to burn in hell for enjoying it, but what can I say Zoey and Carter put the fun in dysfunctional. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Me @ Zoey Ellis:

Thank you for taking one for the team and letting your almost rapist use you, so he would not go around sexual assaulting other women. Your existence makes the Untouchables fictional world a little bit safer from one
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Warning: This book is provocative. It is categorized as a DARK ROMANCE for A REASON. It will not be for everyone. If you are a reader with certain triggers or sensitivities common to the dark romance genre, please heed the author’s note at the beginning of this book.

Heed the authors warning because straight off the bat I knew for a fact that this book wouldn't be for everyone and the author doesn’t make any apologies for that, she’s gone where many authors won’t attempt to go. It will drag y
vee
May 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: upper-2-stars
enjoyment rating : 2.5 🎓

so i did enjoyed it for a second there, like the first 20%

”Here’s the thing,” he tells me, opening his driver’s side door and tossing his gym bag inside. Then he closes the door and leans against it, shoving his hands into the pockets of his gray sweats. “Remember yesterday I said I’m not a tit man? I’m not, but I can’t stop thinking about yours.”
Shaking my head as I look off at the street to avoid looking at him, I say, “That’s… I honestly don’t even know how to respond
Jan
** 2.5 Stars **

I usually don't read reviews before starting a book, but I couldn't help myself this time. The 1-star reviews made me very curious.

So, here I am, a ticket to hell in hand with a guaranteed seat, because let me tell you, it wasn't that bad.

Abuse content?? Indeed. But I've read worse, much much worse.

From the top of my head, I'll give you a few names that would make Carter Mahoney look like a puppy:
Caleb from Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts.
Q from Monster in The Dark
Knox Bish
K. Webster
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was NOT ready for this book! From the very start, Sam Mariano hooked me with this dark, twisted, delicious story. I love a good bully romance, but I especially love a depraved one. Carter Mahoney is just that....depraved, broken, untouchable. I was sucked in to this story from the get-go and didn't breathe until I hit the end of it. Mariano's writing is flawless and she draws you in with each wicked encounter between our hero (or villain depending on how you look at it) and heroine. This book ...more
The Book Bee
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 4.5 Stars
“Do you know what you’ve done, princess? You just gave me the keys to the kingdom. There’s no stopping me now.

FIRST AND FOREMOST: There is a warning on this book for a VERY good reason. Not necessarily a trigger warning, but a warning nonetheless. This book gets very twisted very quickly.

If you think this is about a spoiled hero that only wants the one girl that ignores him and fights him off, you're correct.

Just kidding.

It's not.
It's so much more....depraved.

"Carter
 Nayeli ღ
4 stars(?
I finished this book a couple of days ago, but I still don't know how to rate it 🙇🏼‍♀️🥴 so I'll take some time to do a 'decent' review.
moonlight ☾
reread (37481): april 2021

ZoeyCarter supremacy. that's all imma say. ♡♡

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

reread (1): october 2020

i loved Carter and Zoey even more with this reread. 🥺❤️

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

5++ fucked up but i loved it anyways stars

**trigger warning**: this book isn't for the faint of heart. i recommend skipping the first three chapters because the scene was very triggering (sexual assault and bullying from the H and his two friends to the h) but it's ur decision if you read it o
Saunders
OK got to 70% and then shut the door.

I am not going into the rights and wrongs in this story or the stupidity of the two MC's - read the reviews especially the 1 and 2 star reviews. They say it all. I can grind my teeth at the ridiculousness of the actions of these two BUT the one thing I can't ignore are the following actions of the two MC's.

For a book that has been marketed as a "bullying story" this title is so misleading especially considering the following happens in the story:

He has alrea
Deniz
I was drawn in the minute I started the book and found it difficult to put down.I must admit reading the beginning of this book was difficult. It does have triggers, so if it’s not your thing then this book isn’t for you.
You may hate hero in the beginning but you will grow to love him.
This is a different love story. I have read a few dark romances before but i have to say this will be on my top list.
It was raw and brokenly beautiful story .
I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it!!!!
Mareeva
4 stars

description

I'm sorry, but all that talk of pregnancy was giving me visions of the future and this was all I saw. A fitting introduction I think.

👩‍🦯SPOILERS AHEAD👩‍🦯 with random romantic quotes<3

Carter.

Carter, Carter, Carter.

I could kiss your feet for being such an unapologetic piece of human trash. You vicious, vile, disgusting, abominable specimen. Yes you, you sir are going to my "favourite heroes" shelf.

"I didn't even do anything to you," I snap at him. "What's your excuse? Why do you wa
Yeasmin Alo
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
Moral of the story: If your parents are rich, you are basically god 😇
I am feeling sorry for Jake is all.
Remind me why he didn't get his sports scholarship again 🤔?

(view spoiler)
Fre06 Begum
Need to think about this book, can’t decide if I liked it or not.

Update;
Well since this is the fourth time I borrowed again from KU it means I must like it so I think my rating fits my feelings.
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
Dilek VT
Dec 25, 2018 marked it as never-no-way
This is a book I should never touch - untouchable, indeed, in that sense!

The H sexually assaults the h. It’s almost a RAPE.

Tianna✸loves books✸
BEWARE
I don’t know what to say.
This is very dark. And the author has already warned.
The H sexually assaults the h. It’s almost a RAPE.

(view spoiler)
Bookaddict lass
The level of hypocrisy in this book is astounding 😂
But the writing is exceptionally good and the anti-hero is an anti-hero to his fingertips 😍
Vivian
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Does it turn you on to think of me as helpless?"
"For me." he specifies. "Not helpless in general, only for me."

I have a feeling I am going to sound like I'm talking out of my ass with this review because I have SO MANY thoughts to type out that I can barely keep things straight, but here goes nothing...

"I love his twisted ways. Carter may be difficult to maneuver sometimes, but he fascinates me." (You and me both, Zoey. You and me both)

I just finished this book today...after being CONSUMED
Stacy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALLTHE STARS!

I can’t even with this book. WHAT AN AMAZING JOURNEY. This book is LONG, and I finished it so fast! These characters (especially Carter) will dig so deep into your heart that you’ll be shocked you allowed it. Talk about dark and depraved behavior, holy crap. Carter is ALL the adjectives, ALL the bad ones. But yet, his sweet and tender moments are as intense as his horrific ones. And oh boy are they bad. Carter is on another level.

The main thing I took away from this story was that w
Carvanz
2.5 Stars

I knew going in that this had some stuff I was probably going to take exception to. I’d read the blurb warning as well as a couple of reviews. But I’d also had so many book friends recommending it that I decided to take a chance. I don’t mind dark romance but there is a fine line that I will allow my hero to step over and I was uncertain where Carter would stay in regards to that line. Well, it didn’t take him long to step across it and I almost just stopped at that early stage. Remembe
Rejane
Dec 25, 2018 marked it as not-interested
That warning: 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Some authors should not write things they cannot pull off.
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

And 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😆😆

And: 🤔🤔 How come?? I agree with the reviewer

Michelle Claypot_Reads
This one made it into my 6 star read shelf ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Stop what you're doing and get this book!!! My girls Allie and Rea had been bugging me to read this one and last night I gave in and thank fuck I did. I was up until 4am reading it. Sleep was nowhere near as important as this book!!!

HOLY SHITBALLS it's EPIC!!! Definitely not for the faint of heart but if you like your characters complex, your storylines original and your heroines kick ass then this one's for you. The angst is OFF THE CHARTS!
ApoorvaReads
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 stars ⭐️
“We aren’t what is done to us,” I tell him. “People are going to hurt us, and it’s going to be hard, and sometimes we might never get closure. We might never understand why. But that’s the reason I asked. Maybe deserve isn’t the right word. People don’t get what they deserve, people just get what they get, and then they have to make the best of it.”

Gonna be totally honest, I would’ve DnFed it if it wasn’t for the fact that i saw in many reviews that after the first 3 chapters, the boo

• Fear Me (Broken Love, #1)
  • Truly
  • I Dare You (Dare, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Hate Me
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Fear You (Broken Love, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Trick Me Twice
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Make You Beg
  • Facing The Enemy (The Enemy #1)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Sicko
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Start a Fire (The Savage Crew, #1)
  • Cruel (Savannah Heirs, #1)
Follow Sam Mariano on Facebook, Instagram (@sammarianobooks), or check out her Blog! If you need to email her, she can be reached at sammarianoauthor@gmail.com (but she is sometimes tardy about checking email. Mateo is very demanding).

Sign up for Sam's mailing list (to stay up to date on current projects--she won't spam you! Only for notification of new releases or book sales.)

All of Sam's books a