Start by marking “Sunshine and Bullets (The Bullets, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sunshine and Bullets (The Bullets, #1)

Sunshine and Bullets

(The Bullets #1)

Sunshine.

It’s a nickname I haven’t heard since I lived on Woodbury Lane, where the houses were pretty but the secrets? Deadly. It was a pet name known only to the Bullets. Rough, violent, and ruthless, they laid claim to the town — and my heart.

I wasn't supposed to fall for a boy from the wrong side of the tracks—especially not four of them. But they were the only ones
Published August 19th 2018

Start your review of Sunshine and Bullets (The Bullets, #1)
Marguerite (M)
Rating: TBA

To be honest, I have no idea how I am going to rate this book. It was a great book but I hated it almost as much as I was engrossed in the story.

To begin with, I dislike dark contemporary romances almost as much as I dislike bell peppers. I don’t like the angst, I don’t like asshole of male leads and I don’t like the DOM/SUB play that people found fascinating. It doesn’t make me uncomfortable, it just annoys the fluff out of me as this is not something I relate to at all or get me
 B.E.Love
DNF for me, I wish this book had been more clear in its description and for some reason I only saw three reviews on Goodreads but I started getting suspicious pretty quickly and I’m just not a fan of these types of books, I know reverse Harlem’s are huge right now but I’m a one man one woman kind of girl.
Book Addict
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow...this book absolutely took my breath away! I am slightly unsure what to write as I don’t want to give away the story...but this book was so intense and captivating, there were moments in the book that were a bit difficult to read but what this book is full of is emotion. There is to much emotion and feeling between Sunshine, Gav, Callum, Blaise and Ryker and the way they are all together is very powerful. All I can really say is that Coralee June is very talented and had me fully invested ...more
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
description

ONE LINE SUMMARY

Crazy hot sex scenes, quite a large OW presence, greatly defined characters, way too short.

Gavriel wanted to control me.
Blaise wanted to see me.
Callum wanted to save me.
Ryker wanted to punish me.

[Blog]

photo c l i m b C2A0e v e r y C2A0m o u n t a i n 2_zpsykn9gbgr.png
Sakina Carter
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was completely shocked by this book.

I have read books by this author before and this is nothing like her other series except it is RH.

I was trying to figure out why she ran and nothing prepared me for what the actual reason was.

I liked her guys because they are all so completely different from each other.

I am intrigued to see what happens next.

I would recommend this to RH lovers.
Jeanny
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t expecting much out of this book but it was Absolutely epic. Book 2 can’t be published fast enough. (Schedule dec)

This book counts towards my RHR Bingo book challenge: scary/grumpy hero with a soft core.
Siri
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahhhh it was so good, i really like those dark broken characters. I don't know why but they are so deep and i just love it!
Btw: Ryker is mine and Blaise
I want moore!!!
Bec
First thought is "what did I just read"... The heroine is a complete doormat, the guys in this book are mostly horrible and there is really little difference because the bad guy and what is supposed to be the heroes. Sunshine comes from an abusive family and her adult relationships just repattern that with no indication that is going to change. Not going to read the next book.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I liked and hated this book. I find RH without any paranormal activity a bit hard to believe, I just can never understand why 4+ guys would want just one girl at the same time except there was some magic involved.

This book did not have that problem, the RH was sold. I could believe these boys wanted her and were willing to do it together. They all had a weird codependency thing shimmering under the surface.

What I didn't like however was Summers capitulation to Gavriel's demands. I mean yes he's
Butthisbook
DNF at 37%
It started off good but then I slowly started to get bored.
I lost interest in the characters and the story.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
This was AMAZING.
Talltree
Sep 12, 2018 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Shelves: b-rh
nikki
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness!! I am absolutely loving this story so far, and glad I’ve got the second book lined up ready to go, because that cliffhanger...
Sunshine (Summer) and her Bullets (Gavriel, Blaise, Ryker and honorary bullet, Callum) have such a complex relationship, but the chemistry she has with each is electrifying. The storyline is intense, fast paced and oh so sexy, with lots of twists and turns which will keep you hooked.
This book IS a Reverse Harem, just to warn you, Sunshine is intimate
Jasmine Hoisington
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a hopefully great series

I have a love for dark reverse harem series and this one so far has not disappointed me! The characters, the love story, the dark stuff kept me so involved with this book that I did nothing for 4.5 hours but read!
Annabel
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
That cliffhanger has me wanting more!
lauren
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointed

I'm not sure how I felt about this book, was it ok, yeah sure, but with all the top reviews I thought I was going to be rocked in a sense, well I was definitely disappointed. This is a RH read that felt cheap, and what I mean is that the interactions with the men all made sunshine look very cheap, like a whore who deserved to be degraded, I hated it, there was no real care I coming off these men, and the way she craved them although they were cruel left a bad taste in my mouth. It
Cassandra Cobb
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"So, what would you suggest?"
"Well," Gavriel began, cracking his knuckles. "I suggest we kill the motherf**ker."

CoraLee June managed to rip my heart out, stomp on it, shove it back in, squeeze it, and make me want more. I laughed. I cried (a lot!). I had some REALLY hot flushes. And I just want MORE MORE MORE! This tale is seriously the type of thing I didn't know I really needed in my life until I had it. I could not put this book down, no matter how hard I tried, and now I'm left craving
Cassie Guest
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it

If I could rate this it would probably be 2.5 stars but I'll just round up. Okay one thing that drove me mad was that the heroine kept saying she changed or she wasn't summer anymore but I honestly saw no difference. She still remained the weak and whiny chick that apparently could not think of a better solution than running and hiding. Well actually let me rephrase that it's alright that she ran, but she should have dedicated everything into stopping HIM. She found a Badass hacker and
Kayla Pipkin
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Coralee has done it once again.

I'm not usually a fan of the past and present back and forth.
But in this case it worked out well.

This book is super dark.
Not so much with gore or things of that nature...
but still dark.

Told from the POV of the female lead.
You get a sense of her life.
What she has struggled through.
We see the men she loved in the past.
And now what they are like in the present.

The epilogue is told from one of the men's POV, but it really short.

If you asked me, I couldn't tell you
Bianca Souza
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I try to only start reading a series if it has at least two books out since I read a lot and it's easy to get lost with all the plots and characters. I've been seeing a lot of good reviews with this one and since book two is out I decided to give it a try.
I always tread carefully with dark romance books because I don't like the ones that treat the MFC like she is nothing and should only be used. We already see a lot of crappy things in our lives to have to deal with this in our leasure times.
I
Jenn
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Devastating.

Damn. This book really put you through the ringer in the best way possible. I adored this dark and gritty story of deceit by omission, love and heartache. Summer and the Bullets were fantastic characters. The world building and storytelling were incredible. I loved that it wasn’t a cliched Instalove HEA RH despite me wanting happiness for everyone. And hoooooboy, I did not see that last part coming. Did.Not.See. Read it. Cannot wait to dive into the rest of the series when written!
Chantal
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My oh my!

I LOVED this book! I loved the multiple timelines, I love Summer and her best friend! I love the boys, even if they have a bit of an attitude issue, maybe even because of it... I love the lengths they all go to to make sure She knows she’s safe and loved. I can’t wait for the next one. I everything about this book and the characters in it!
Gwen
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ah this is not what I'd expected. i'd expected a small town romance, second chance RH. But it's far more than that, far different. The book is well written but it's not so much a romance as a thriller. The dynamics between the different characters is complex and complicated and throughout the book, the dark secret the h has been keeping stands between everybody.
Casie
Yesss!

This was amazing! I love absolutely love how gritty and twisted this is. The bad guys are bad guys and then there the messed up need put down bad guys lol. Sigh, I needed this in my life!
Sharon Rooke collier
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

O had this book in my library for a while, I don't know why I ever waited to start it. Once the story begins it grins you all the way to the end. Couldn't put it down, had to buy the audio just so I could listen while working.
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
wowowowowowww this book was really good! loved all the chemistry between everyone and just was not expecting the story to go the way it did! really great! can't wait for the next one!
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
MAJOR SPOILERS THROUGHOUT:
"Being friends with the Bullets was like a drug, and I was an addict. One taste was never enough."

Wow... I can honestly say that I was not expecting that. I was not expecting to love this book as much as I did or enjoy it even a tenth of how much I did. I was constantly on the edge of my seat, my heart was being torn in all different kinds of directions, and I did not want to put this book down. It had me hooked from the very beginning and I couldn't have let go
Margaux Espinosa
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Where do I start? My feelings on this book? Okay, I felt Every.Single.Emotion that there is. This book was intense, sexy as all holy hell, raw, dark, funny, and cute. It has bumbling, adorably cute high school love and all the unsure emotions involved in it, it has gangsters and their heavy and controlling nature and lifestyle, it’s got police and their need for justice and the will to always do what’s right. It’s got fights, blood and utterly raw emotions, there is literally a bit of everything ...more
Amanda Anderson
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I. Freaking. Loved. This. Shewww. I flew through that book like a bat out of Hell. Started listening to the audio and COULDNT stop. Cook dinner? Listening. Folding clothes? Listening. Taking bath? Listening. Hell I found myself doing extra chores so I could find an excuse to listen to this book and not have to watch tv with my husband.
I loved Sunshine from the start of this book to the finish. Sometimes it takes me a while to grow to love a female lead because they are so....dumb? Flaky?
S D W
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Different... but in a refreshing way

Let's start with this: I don't read Dark romance, traditional or RH. I'm like my books light and fluffy with rainbows.

But I could NOT put this book down. As soon as it released, I started reading and did not stop. I went to work with 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

Now, the book is not fluffy nor does it have rainbows. This book is raw and gritty and heartbreaking. You want to wrap her and Ryder up and give them hugs. You want laugh with Blaise and cuddle with Callum.

• Cruel (Savannah Heirs, #1)
  • Void
  • Peyton's Path: Finding Fate (Peyton's Path #1)
  • Savage Royals (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #1)
  • Variant Lost (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #1)
  • Bad, Bad Bluebloods (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #2)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • The Envy of Idols (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #3)
  • Defiant Princess (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #2)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Filthy Rich Boys (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #1)
  • In the Arms of the Elite (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #4)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
  • Shunned (Kings of Miskatonic Prep, #1)
  • Hard Truths (Kiss Her Goodbye, #1)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
Author Coralee June has always been passionate about storytelling and impressed by the influence it has on people and the decisions they make in life. She loves engaging with the projects she works on, diving headfirst into developing real, raw, and relatable characters that are equally flawed and beautiful. Coralee lives in Dallas, Tx with her husband and two daughters. She's been known to ...more

The Bullets (3 books)
  • Summer and Smoke (The Bullets, #2)
  • Love and Lead (The Bullets, #3)
“While we searched for you, the Bullets screamed your nickname over and over. It was the first time someone called you something that completely illustrated what it felt like to look at you. You’re Sunshine, Baby. You’re light. Warmth. Pure life illuminating those lucky enough to know you.” 5 likes
“Gavriel wanted to control me. Blaise wanted to see me. Callum wanted to save me. Ryker wanted to punish me.” 4 likes