Start by marking “Mackerel Sky: Watching Clouds (Bk 1)” as Want to Read:
Mackerel Sky: Watching Clouds (Bk 1)

Mackerel Sky: Watching Clouds (Bk 1)

Who knew that naming a cloud formation could be so powerful?

Owen didnt. But when Andrew Gordon, his boss, mentor, and the man hes sleeping with for quick money, puts a name to his favourite clouds, Owens attraction to Andrew becomes difficult to deny.

Except, with sleep disrupted by nightmares, past secrets and lies that might yet tear his family apart, and a brother
Published June 27th 2018 by Danseibi Press

To ask other readers questions about Mackerel Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mackerel Sky

Start your review of Mackerel Sky: Watching Clouds (Bk 1)
Elle Schroder
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to reading this book ever since I interviewed S. Jade Castleton in July 2017.  I've also read her amazing short story Fire Red Leaf before and know that her writing is phenomenal, so my expectations were pretty high.

The story centers around Owen, who is 16 when the story starts.  Following the death of his mother and the departure of his father, Owen is the head of his family and must provide for his younger brothers and sisters.  This means leaving school and getting a
V Schischka
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well this is not my usual genre but was told it was a good read. I really enjoyed it and was impressed by the style of the writing. Sometimes I felt it intruded into my daily life because I felt like the characters were real people and I wondered about what they may have been doing, parentless as they were. It is a gentle but deeply sensitive and questioning love story told mainly by a 16-17 year old young man. Very enjoyable.
Joy  Cagil
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can the oldest child do to provide for his siblings when their mother dies and their father deserts them never to be seen again? This was the dilemma Owen Tremaine faced when it involved the welfare of his brothers and sisters, Jamie Megan, Mattie, and Lisa.

Thus, Owen left school and began to look for a job. His job hunting didnt bring much relief; instead, it became a nightmarish experience, out of which he ended up with some kind of a PTSD. During this struggle, however, he met the
Michele

• Heaven Adjacent
  • Mind to Mind Conversation: Change Your Mind, Change Your Life
  • The Reluctant Healer
  • Walking on the Ceiling
  • Rabbit Is Rich (Rabbit Angstrom, #3)
  • Sweet Springs: A Novella
  • Interpreter of Maladies
  • Flying Changes (Riding Lessons, #2)
  • An Overture to an Indian Wedding
  • Lights on the Sea
  • The Rain Watcher
  • Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting and Writing Your Novel (Writing As A Second Career Book 1)
  • Broken Harbor (Dublin Murder Squad, #4)
  • Didn't Get Frazzled
  • Mutual Funds for Beginners: How to Invest in Mutual Funds for Safe Investing and Great Profits
  • The Women on Retford Drive (Dancing Hills Series #1)
  • The Buried Giant