Start by marking “Jax's Tail Twitches: When You Are Angry (Good News for Little Hearts)” as Want to Read:
Jax's Tail Twitches: When You Are Angry (Good News for Little Hearts)

Jax's Tail Twitches: When You Are Angry

(Good News for Little Hearts #2)

Everyone gets frustrated when something important to them goes wrong. In Jax’s Tail Twitches, the whole Squirrel family ends up out of sorts when acorn gathering doesn’t go according to plan. Although Papa, Mama, Jax, and Caspian Squirrel all get angry, they also learn about the power of saying sorry, seeking forgiveness, remembering God’s words, and praying together. ...more
Hardcover
Published October 2018 by New Growth Press

To ask other readers questions about Jax's Tail Twitches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jax's Tail Twitches

Start your review of Jax's Tail Twitches: When You Are Angry (Good News for Little Hearts)
Amy
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everybody has been angry at some time or other and I really liked how this book showed that both adults and children can struggle. This is a story about a squirrel family and their neighbors. The pictures are nice and colorful and they went well with the story. My favorite part of the story was its “meat”. At the end there are some helpful notes in discussing anger with children. Some of the things that really stood out and made an impression on me were:

-Anger shows that something in our world
Vera Godley
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Most everyone has issues at some point in their life with anger and managing it. Jax's dead giveaway is his twitching tail. The story is how Jax gets angry and how he learns to manage the anger with God's help.

This a delightfully cute and sweetly illustrated series and children and parents will certainly love the illustrations by Joe Hox. The critters that populate the pages of the stories are charming and beautifully drawn with a pallet of colors that delight the senses.

The text or story line
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
JAX'S TAIL TWITCHES is a cute story about a squirrel family with greed and anger issues. Everyone in the family except the baby squirrel gets angry at someone and needs to apologize. The father preaches why it is wrong to lose your temper, but he's pretty much the worse of all of them, refusing to share with his neighbors but yet quick to accept when they want to share with him.
The illustrations are well down (except the angry squirrel is rather scary looking and may frighten sensitive
Vicky Sluiter
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations are sure to attract the little ones in your life! A great series, Jax’s Tail Twitches deals with anger and frustration. Jax’s family will teach your child about apologizing, forgiving, and praying together as a family.

A cute story with a wonderful message, I highly recommend it for your family.

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review
Theron StJohn
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book creatively gives biblical counsel to children for when they are angry. If you are a parent who has a child that struggles with anger and you are unsure how to confront this problem, begin the conversation by taking them through Jax’s Tail Twitches: When You Are Angry today!
Wendy
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of three in an excellent series of books for 5-10 years olds that deal with the heart issues that affect us all: anger, pride and fear. They are beautifully illustrated by Joe Hox, who brings animals engagingly to life with captivating touches.

Buster learns literally that pride goes before a fall, when he trips in the big running race he was sure he would win. Zoe’s worries keep her from trusting that God cares for her and will take care of her. Jax’s family learn how anger can affect them
Elizabeth
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living, mom, own
At present, there are three volumes in the "Good News for Little Hearts" series which seeks to help kids and parents face anxiety, failure, and anger in a God-honoring way. While these animal stories don't quite have the enduring charm of classics such as the Beatrix Potter books, Little Bear, or Frog and Toad and some conversations between characters seemed to come off a little unnatural (and maybe even a little "preachy") at times, my little ones enjoyed them nonetheless. The volumes are ...more
Jolene
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I asked my daughter (age 6) what she thought of Jax's Tail Twitches: When You Are Angry, she said she liked it when the two squirrel siblings got angry with each other. That happens in our house, so she could relate to that part. I thought it was good that the book also addressed adults being angry. The characters dealt with their anger in a healthy way: reflection, verbalization, prayer, and conflict resolution with their squirrel neighbors. It ends with character lessons learned and ...more
Deana Dick
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It not only talks about children getting angry, but adults as well. We let little things grow into big problems that make us angry. Papa squirrel was angry because he felt that his neighbors weren’t following the rules. Jax was angry because Caspian seemed to always win at everything.

It made me think of how we let something get hold of us and our anger comes out. Poor Mr. McNuffle was just trying to feed his family, but Papa squirrel didn’t want to share. He
victoria
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book was a great writing and compelling to read with that also come with a creating a great story of Squirrel family that had got mad and angry when something got wrong but with a kindness and forgiveness of God, then said “sorry”. This boo will be helping you and your child finding a way to respond with you are angry and irritated. I highly recommend to everyone must to read this book. “ I received complimentary a copy of this book from I read with Audra Bloggers for this review ”.
Stuart
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read with your littles. Should be on every Christian parent’s shelf.
Jan 30, 2020
Rhonda
Oct 23, 2018
Nicola MacLeod
Mar 06, 2019

• God Made Me AND You: Celebrating God's Design for Ethnic Diversity (God Made Me)
  • Goodbye to Goodbyes: A True Story About Jesus, Lazarus, and an Empty Tomb
  • God Counts: Numbers in His Word and World
  • Child Proof: Parenting by Faith, Not Formula
  • God Made Me Unique: Helping Children See Value in Every Person
  • What Is a Girl Worth?: My Story of Breaking the Silence and Exposing the Truth about Larry Nassar and USA Gymnastics
  • God Made Boys and Girls: Helping Children Understand the Gift of Gender
  • Prepare Him Room: Celebrating the Birth of Jesus Family Devotional
  • Tori Comes Out of Her Shell: When You Are Lonely (Good News for Little Hearts Series)
  • Henry Says Good-bye: When You Are Sad (Good News for Little Hearts)
  • Who Sang the First Song?
  • Don't Blame the Mud
  • The Moon Is Always Round
  • Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments
  • Why Do We Say Good Night?
  • Holy Week: An Emotions Primer
  • CrossTalk: Where Life & Scripture Meet
  • Jesus and the Lions' Den: A True Story about How Daniel Points Us to Jesus
David Powlison, MDiv, PhD, is Executive Director of CCEF and a counselor with over thirty years of experience. He has written many books and minibooks, including Seeing with New Eyes; Speaking Truth in Love; and The Biblical Counseling Movement, and is the editor of The Journal of Biblical Counseling.

Good News for Little Hearts (6 books)
  • Zoe's Hiding Place: When You Are Anxious (Good News for Little Hearts)
  • Gus Loses His Grip: When You Want Something Too Much (Good News for Little Hearts Series)
  • Buster's Ears Trip Him Up: When You Fail (Good News for Little Hearts)
  • Henry Says Good-bye: When You Are Sad (Good News for Little Hearts)