Start by marking “Best Laid Plans” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans

The summer before my senior year of high school I had only one goal: to make Alden Warner see me as more than his best friend’s annoying little sister.

Finally, my wish came true and he noticed me. In a big way. Too bad that the next morning he had no memory of our night together, leaving me heartbroken, and as I later discovered…pregnant.

For the last four years, I’ve been
Published 2018

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Sabrina
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm not a huge fan of books that involve a hidden pregnancy but I am a big fan of the brothers-best-friend trope so I couldn't pass this book up. And I'm glad I didn't since I ended up really enjoying it. I have never been in the same situation as Natalie yet I found her character very easy to connect to and at times could relate to the emotions that she showed.

Alden was also a really great character to read about and I could understand everything he was going thro
Dri ✰
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
★ 2 STARS ★

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
This heroine was too pathetic. She dated but none of her dates were the hero, She tried to have 1 ons and she couldn’t go through with it. She chickened out, she never slept with anyone but the hero.
The woman spent the whole book stuttering and apologizing “I-I-I” “I-I-I s-sorry”
She apologized until she was green and even after that she still apologized and when he acted like a dick he wanted to apologize she would cut him off and said that it was all her fault and that she was sorry because i
Mandie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had so much going for it! I loved Alden and Natalie so hard!! Beautiful second chance romance!
Allyson ☘️
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta, single-parent
Y’all already know, I love me some Kate Farlow. I’ve been a fan since I discovered Coming Up Roses... and I knew then that she would be going places. I’m so excited that I can be on sidelines to watch her grow and succeed while cheering her on.

Best Laid Plans was another winner for me. It’s not a home run but it’s definitely a triple.
You get a little bit of everything with this book.
You like the brother’s best friend trope?
It’s got it!
Like single parents?
Done!
Secret baby?
Boom, baby!
Office rom
Mary at USAT's HEA
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommendation appeared on USA Today’s Happy Ever After on October 16, 2018.

For years, Natalie had a crush on her brother’s best friend, Alden, so when he shows interest in her one night, she doesn’t hesitate to be intimate with him. Unfortunately, he was intoxicated and doesn’t even remember it happened and breaks her heart. But she’s truly devastated when he becomes seriously involved with someone soon afterward just as she realizes that she is pregnant. She has the baby on her own and doesn’t
Heroesinbooks
3 Alden & Natalie (and little Tatum ) Stars

I struggled a bit with what rating to give this book. It had real potential to be a cracking 5 star read. It’s a good story with some really funny parts, a hero who I could have cheerfully slapped but then he redeemed himself and a heroine who I really was rooting for. The pace was good and there was lots of dialogue which was interesting and well done.

So, why 3 stars?
Two main reasons for my rating :
1) There are lots of typos and this book could r
Dilek VT
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as never-no-way
I hated everything in this blurb!
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah stick a fork in me, I’m done. This was so damn adorable and sad and oh my god I have all the feels right now, it was like an emotional tornado going off inside me.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Give me a second chance romance/friends-to-lovers romance and I’m putty in your hands, seriously they’re my absolute weakness in the book world and LK Farlow’s book was everything I hope for in these kind of books. She slayed everything and gave us a masterpiece, a huge ass masterpiece
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
This book was an emotional roller-coaster.

Sometimes I felt sorry for Alden and the shock he must have experienced, as well as the sense of anger and betrayal. Often I felt sorry for Natalie, doing what she thought was best but also hurting people in the process. There were moments when I felt bad for both of them and their extremely difficult situation. But then there were the times that I wanted to smack someone. I wanted to shout at their assumptions, prejudgement and accusation. So again, th
Book Maniac Forever

4.5 "Tater Tot" Stars
Best Laid Plans was my very first read by L.K. Farlow and I’m very impress! The gorgeous cover initially grabbed my attention, but then I read the blurb and I was already sold on this story. Brother’s best friend, secret baby and second chance romances are tropes that I enjoyed particularly and together it shaped an adorable novel that gave me butterflies in the stomach.

Natalie Reynolds became pregnant from her big brother’s best friend, Alden Warner, when she was seve
Sissy's Romance Book Review
BEST LAID PLANS by LK Farlow this is the story of Alden and Natalie.
Natalie always had a crush on her brother friend. Natalie did have a hot encounter with Alden that left her with a baby but their shared encounter was something Alden didn't remember. Now years later Alden is back and their connection is still there along with the fast development connection with their child. I overall really enjoyed this book and will be looking for more from this author.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

I’m sure we can all agree that our teenage selves made some pretty epically bad decisions. Things we thought were right and they came back to bite us in the butt later. Natalie did just that when it came to Alden. Their age difference and booze at play doesn’t make for wise choices but the heart wants what the heart wants at least according to Natalie.

Natalie had grand plans for her life none of them was being a mom much less a single one so soon. She feels she would ruin Aldens li
Bookgyrl
3.5 for me.

I loved the writing, the easy way this is to read and of course... Tatum! Such a loveable kid.

I was not really impressed with the storyline I must say. Natalie is 17 and has a crush on her brother's best friend Alden so when he seems interested during her party she goes for it, only to be devastated when the next morning Alden doesn't remember a thing because he was really drunk. And soon he starts dating another girl, while she is taking a pregnancy test and bawling her eyes out. Sh
Joy Novel Thoughts
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Laid Plans is my new favorite from LK Farlow! It was emotional, humorous and heartwarming.

As a single mother with a son from a one night stand, I was able to relate to and understand Natalie in a way that I'm not sure everyone will be able too. She is forced to make some very difficult decisions at a very young age and although she may regret them, I get it it and have made the same decisions myself.

Alden is such a perfect hero, but not in an overly gross unrealistic way. He was flawed to
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
LK Farlow has hands down become one of my favorite authors. She had me hook, line, and sinker right from the very beginning with her debut, Coming Up Roses and since then my love for her books (and of course her spunky personality) has grown with each new release. From the moment she released the first teaser of Best Laid Plans I knew that readers (myself included) were going to be in for another treat because this author knows how to write and ent
nikkigracereads
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once I read the blurb for this book, I knew I had to read it. Alden and Natalie’s story is everything that I love! Best friends little sister? CHECK!!! Surprise/Unplanned pregnancy? CHECK!! Adorable kid? CHECK!!!
This is my first time reading a book my LK Farlow, and I know for a fact that I will be reading more of her work in the future. BEST LAID PLANS was a sweet story, with great characters, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Danielle Robbins
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best Laid Plans was so good! I loved loved it! Natalie, Alden and sweet little Tatum were awesome! Natalie and Alden had amazing chemistry. They were perfect together! Little Tator Tot was so adorable. This was a beautiful and sweet read! Definitely recommend!
Jen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm confused as to why this has such a high rating.

Nothing was remotely interesting about these characters and they were under-developed.

The dialogue for Tatum was... okay, she's not a real 3 year old so I'm gonna say it—annoying as hell. It made it frustrating to get through.
G (heartbooked)
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don’t punk it out but, would it be weird for me to say that my favourite thing about this book is Alden and Tatum’s relationship? Yeh I get it that it’s a second chance romance but a swoon worthy man who dotes on his little girl is just freaking A-Game for me!! Add in a brothers best friend vibe and you have yourself a good read... especially when said brother is just all round amazing (and I want his story sooooo bad)!!! - that should be enough to get you to have a quick read of this...

Alden a
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This was my first book by LK Farlow and after reading this book you better believe it won't be my last. This book brought out all the feels. It was story that was realistic and that just helped bring all of those feels to the surface. I could just imagine what it would be like and I was completely invested and engrossed into this story. I couldn't put this book down having to know how they would navigate through everything and I was eager to see if they could get over the hurt, anger and guilt.

N
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Best Laid Plans had all the ingredients I love for my romances to have... steamy chemistry, incredible characters and a brother's best friend, office, secret baby romance that will steal your heart and leave you with a big ol' smile on your face. I loved every moment in this book... even the harder, more conplicated ones.

She had one night with her dream guy...until reality crashed around them leaving her with memories and a plus sign while he had no recollection of it. Fast forward a f
Jodie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it

Http://jodiesbookreviews.blogspot.com

In Short
- Best Laid Plans is honest and real which creates a refreshing read.
- Alden is a top guy.
- Such a perfect balance of everything from love to heart break.

In Long
Best Laid Plans is such a charming and sweet read that is full of different emotions and point of views which really creates a great dynamic. This is my first book by L.K. Farlow and I really enjoyed her writing.

What I found refreshing and different about Best Laid Plans was how Natalie knew
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
With a blurb like Best Laid Plans by L.K. Farlow had, I was expecting an angst-filled read that might break my heart, but surprisingly, it was a really charming read with all the feels. Imagine wanting your older brother’s best friend to notice you, then he does, in a big way. But then does not remember that night and you find out your pregnant? That was Natalie’s life.

Instead of telling Alden what happened, she lets him go, which was easy as he left. Did Natalie make the right choice? Maybe no
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

When Natalie's crush, Alden, notices her as a woman and not as his best friend's little sister, Natalie takes the opportunity and runs with it. She never thought that in the light of day he would have no memory of what they had done. So she of course plays it off and leaves with her heart in shreds. When Natalie finds out weeks later that she is pregnant, she has no clue what she is going to do, but she does know she can't tell Alden. Skip forward a few years and Alde
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read books with the whole keeping baby a secret from daddy trope. It's a personal thing, I just don't think there are enough excuses in the book to make it ok to keep a baby a secret from the father. It literally has to be a LEGIT excuse in my book. But, because it was LK Farlow, and she never disappoints me, I had to give this a shot, and I LOVED IT. She got me to like a secret baby romance!!!!! You know what I'm a sucker for? Not only amazing swoony amazing dads, but nicknames ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I absolutely loved this second chance romance. I loved the fact that things built up slowly and then everything came crashing down all at once and it forced the main characters Natalie and Alden to face things that had happened.

Natalie wanted her brother's best friend Alden and when he dream came true she took her chance and gave herself to Alden. The next morning Alden had no idea what happened and went on with life as normal. But that night was anything but normal for Natalie. She got somethi
Cee Cee Houston
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best Laid Plans is the first book I’ve read by author LK Farlow, but if this is anything to go by, it won’t be the last. This second chance/ best friends sister/ friends to lovers romance ticked so many boxes there were barely any left. It was fun and cute, angsty and emotional, sweet and sexy with a smart mouthed, tough heroine and a hot as sin hero.
I could understand Natalie’s reason for keeping her secret from Alden, but even so we all know what she did wasn’t the smartest move to make. Alde
Cj Loves Books
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a toss up for me. It had so much potential. The brother's best friend trope is one of my go-to's, but it fell kind of flat for me. The grammatical errors played a huge part in this for me. And I'm not talking about the dialogue piece. I understand how three year old children talk. What got is the constant jumping from past tense to present tense from one word to the next within the same sentence. I could have over looked it, and boy did I try, but to continue to have these tense ju ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
They always say to never get set on a plan because the second you do the universe loves to throw you curve balls!

Boy oh boy did Alden and Natalie get a curve ball! I loved the reality of this story! The drama wasn’t too over the top but was also present and not everything was picture perfect!

I loved that you got to be front and center for it all and the story was written in a way that you felt a part of it all! And omg Tatum has got to be the cutest book kid I have EVER read!