Start by marking “Kushner, Inc.: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. the Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump” as Want to Read:

INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

The first explosive book about Javanka and their infamous rise to power

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are the self-styled Prince and Princess of America. Their swift, gilded rise to extraordinary power in Donald Trump's White House is unprecedented and dangerous. In Kushner, Inc., investigative journalist Vicky Ward digs beneath the myth t
Published March 19th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Kushner, Inc., please sign up.
TheSaint I'm guessing that, post-divorce, Ivana signed docs that keep her mouth sewn shut about anything to do with the Donald and their children and lives tog…moreI'm guessing that, post-divorce, Ivana signed docs that keep her mouth sewn shut about anything to do with the Donald and their children and lives together and apart. (less)

Start your review of Kushner, Inc.: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. the Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump
Bill Kerwin

You can call Donald Trump a lot of things—and believe me, I have, I have—but one thing you can’t call him is “boring.” Which is more than can be said of “the kids” (as Donald calls them), AKA “Javanka” (as everybody else calls them). Javanka is (are?) boring.

This lies at the heart of everything that is wrong with Vicky Ward’s Kushner, Inc. Ward is a competent journalist, who possesses the necessary gifts of clarity and discernment, but she cannot overcome this one central fact: Jared and Ivanka
Misfit
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like her father, she is very talented at telling self-serving bald lies with a straight face, should the need arise.

No matter how bad you thought it was, it's far, far worse.
Somebody
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I knew they were bad, but I didn't know they were this bad. This is a completely different level of ignorance, arrogance, evil, nepotism, corruption and power lust. The details are quite shocking. Can't wait for the source mentioned towards the end of the book to spill all the beans.
Anissa
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, non-fiction
So this is what happens when I have a glut of audiobook credits & extra time to burn in this time of pandemic. I tend not to even log my non-fiction reads here so I'll keep this super short: it was as craven and grotesque as I expected and really felt like an inevitable cautionary tale of what happens when you're born into a feral environment.

Three stars because it was a competent telling of a couple who lack the depth of the polish of my manicure. Recommended if you've semi/lockdown summer hou
Jill Meyer
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Journalist Vicky Ward's new book, "Kushner Inc: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. The Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump", is a fast read about two people at the center of the Donald Trump administration.

Though the book is about both Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, the publicity about the book seemed to stress more information about the Kushner family. The first three or so chapters are devoted to the Kushner family history - from Joe and Rae Kushner's experiences in
Budd Margolis
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read the various WH insider books, from Bannon to Christie, Omarosa, Spicer...this one stands out. For those uncertain about where the endless chaos and confusion stems from this is a must read. Although the FBI Mueller report might skip the Kushner corruption, the Southern District of NY AG's office and Congressional investigations and hearings will provide a clear view as to the criminality of the Trump & Kushner family. Clearly written descriptions of the Russia, Middle East and busine ...more
Donald Powell
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good review of the published information about Jared and Ivan’s Kushner with some background, insights from insiders, explaining the young couple, warts and all. Money always corrupts the soul. A sad story in so many ways.
Karen
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I'd heard some (or most) of this in the news over the past two years, it's still shocking to read a compilation of Kushner's bad behavior and ethical lapses. Expected the book wouldn't reflect well on Jared but it exposes stuff about Ivanka that I'm sure she won't be happy about.
Rita Meade
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This should be labeled true crime, TBH.
Claudia
A worthy addition to my ever-growing "Books on Individual #1" shelf.

Kushner's family escaped the Nazis, set up a real estate empire, until Dad went to jail...prosecuted by none other than Chris Christie. To burnish their reputation, Charlie decided son Jared had to break into the NYC world, buying a flashy piece of property (666 Fifth Avenue -- doncha love the number?), and marry a rich, connected girl-preferably a traditional Jewish girl. Enter Princess Ivanka/

And the rest, boys and girls, is h
HR-ML
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Much of this was repeat info for me. This book reminded
me of the old beer commercial where two guys argued
"it tastes great" VS "it's less filling." (Beer is not my fav).

Yrs ago President Kennedy named his brother Robert his
Attorney General (AG). Subsequently by law a President
was no longer allowed to show nepotism in federal hiring.
We need a new law: the President must not allow a family
member to volunteer at the White House or an Executive
branch position. Neither scenarios included acco
Shari
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading many of the "Trump Books", I thought I'd read it all. WRONG! This book shows categorically the greed, corruption, etc that abounds in this family.
They like to think they are the present "Kennedy" dynasty. What a joke. They scheme, lie, cheat, and even back-stab each other to get to where they want to be.
It's a quick read, but it's not shallow. I would like to say I enjoyed it, but the whole thing sickens me. Our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves. They thought the Co
Bettie
Mar 12, 2019 marked it as wish-list

Trump wanted Kelly to 'get rid of' Ivanka, Kushner, book claims. President Trump directed his former chief of staff John Kelly to “get rid of” his Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner shortly after the retired general joined the White House and send them back to New York, according to revelations in a new book.
Andrea
Mar 27, 2019 added it
These apples didn't fall far from the trees they grew on. Javanka are as rotten to the core as their fathers.
Robert
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
If you already knew that Javanka were criminal idiots, there's no need to read this book. Poorly footnoted in the ebook version, Ward lays out again, from a slightly different angle, the criminal background and current activities of the two biggest scam gangs in NYC, the Trumps and the Kushners. To top it off Javanka now regularly screw up US foreign policy, as if Dumbtruck wasn't doing enough damage by himself. No new revelations here. Pelosi backed off impeachment talks because she no doubt go ...more
Lee Husemann
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book about the lives and dealings of Jared and Ivanka Kushner, or Javanka as they are known. I knew the Kushner family was involved in shady dealings and this book pretty much confirms it. These two got top security clearance by her father when they had both been denied it. These two people are not as intelligent as they try to portray, in fact both of them are rather dumb and Ivanka is not the quiet, soft-spoken woman she portrays herself to be. This book is a real eye op ...more
Dale
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought things were bad at The White House with Trump and the shyster Kushner family before I read this book, but boy was I wrong. It is all so much worse!!! This country is in deep, deep trouble.
If we survive two more years as a nation it will be decades before we get back on the right track internationally as well as nationally. And Jared and Ivanka (as well as her father and brothers) deserve the same outcome for their misdeeds as Jared's father, a long stint behind bars!
Liz
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a bad habit. Each reading session leaves you feeling absolutely infuriated, but also craving more. The avarice, craven self-enrichment, naivete, and hubris of Javanka and the entire administration (including Bannon, Cohn, and other second-thoughters who seem to have been sources for this book)...Please, when I re-read this review in 10 years, may these imbeciles be imprisoned and our nation have returned to its better nature.
Paul
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens to Javanka in the long run will be very telling of the state of the United States as a liberal democracy.
Donna Hines
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
"Perception is more important than reality" or if you like my favorite "The truth will set you free."
I married a malignant narcissist and was left with three kids, zero income, zero alimony, zero support, zero credit or savings, zero housing, zero child support for over a year, zero way to rebuild.
I'm still in extreme poverty as he now attempts to take the last of my child support as my 18 yr old med disabled son who recently lost all 6k of disability payments may not face losing all his child s
Beth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once you get through the first chapters of the book - the history of Kushner's orthodox jewish family and all the drama around religion, money, and power that becomes the foundation for this family - the story of Jared and Ivanka, aka Javanka, really takes off.
There are so many characters involved in this book - almost each paragraph has a new person introduced in this tale. I found I needed to read it with Google at my side because there were so many characters in this story that were unknown
James
What a surprise. Trump's daughter and son-in-law are as bad as he is. Corrupt, venal, vain, status-seeking, incompetent, power-hungry, the list goes on. We knew all this. We were told all this.

Vicky Ward charts the Kushner-Trump axis from its beginning in the New Jersey real estate market with Charlie Kushner and his crooked books all the way to the White House where his son, Jared, continues to enrich himself and has almost caused a war to spite Qatari investors who backed out of his projects.
Reverenddave
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: politics, trump, biography
Listen, I hate the Kushners too, but don't Gary Cohn and Steve Bannon have anything else to do but go on background slamming them to every reporter writing a book on the Trump White House?

Also, you'd think they'd done it enough to be better at hiding the fact they are the sources of half these stories. That or they'd just use their names at this point.

Debra Belmudes
Very interesting ... the Kushner family appears to be as crooked and dysfunctional as the Trumps ... Jared and Ivanka are well matched..
Wendelle
This book relies heavily on Steve Bannon, for both narration and unchecked opinion pieces, and that gets very tiring. Otherwise it reads like an extended Vanity Fair piece, that is, informative, well-researched. It illuminates the Saudi-Iran-Qatar-blockade-666 building property web well. Still...Journalists, I'm so sorry but it's terribly irresponsible to trade insider access to Steve Bannon in exchange for unqualified space in your book for him to go on and on about his opinions, propagate his ...more
Owlseyes
“Every point that Ms. Ward mentioned in what she calls her ‘fact-checking’ stage is entirely false,” Peter Mirijanian, spokesman for Jared’s lawyer Abbe Lowell, told me. “It seems she has written a book of fiction rather than any serious attempt to get the facts. Correcting everything wrong would take too long and be pointless.”
in: https://pagesix.com/2019/02/08/jared-...

One should read this also:
Carol
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your routine Trump story

Ward's book amazed me --it stands out from the recent redundancy of books on Trump antics and those who enable them. This is not a repeat of the reports of events that we know about all too well. My learning curve, before this book, had become straight. Ward is thorough and detailed and adds what should be wonderment about how this mess goes unchecked.
Liz Norell
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having heard Ward on many a podcast episode, I was eager to read her take on Jared and Ivanka. The book was sweeping in its scope and included all sorts of gossipy details you might expect on a book about the daughter and son-in-law of the sitting president. I am glad I read this book; that said, it's probably not the most riveting of the "Trump is a disaster" books out there. And that's ok. It was good, but not great.
Lorca Damon
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
F*ck the Kushners and their entire families. F*ck anyone who approves of them, gives them an ounce of authority and power, spends a dime on their businesses... you get the idea.

These people are sick and depraved and their selfishness and greed have literally zero limits. Sadly, the only people smart enough to read this very well-written book already know the truth about them. The ones who need to read this so we can finally be rid of the entire crotch-stain of this administration are probably il
Mark N.
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.75 stars actually. If you thought the Trump family was bad, they've got nothing on the Kushners. The Trumps don't have a convicted felon at the head of the patriarchy (yet). These are the people that give 1 percenters a bad name. It's a story about ignorance, self-righteousness, stupidity, living in a bubble, un-earned privilege, being above the law, fame-whoring, thoughtlesness, and self-delusion all brought about because their Daddy's can't say no to nepotism.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Siege: Trump Under Fire
  • The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump
  • Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House
  • Mar-A-Lago: Inside the Gates of Power at Donald Trump's Presidential Palace
  • The Enemy of the People: A Dangerous Time to Tell the Truth in America
  • Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics
  • Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump
  • The Art of Her Deal: The Untold Story of Melania Trump
  • American Oligarchs: The Kushners, the Trumps, and the Marriage of Money and Power
  • Front Row at the Trump Show
  • Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady
  • A Warning
  • The Man Who Sold America: Trump and the Unraveling of the American Story
  • The Hill to Die On: The Battle for Congress and the Future of Trump's America
  • Disloyal: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump
  • Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News, and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth

News & Interviews

“She’s got the biggest set of balls in the room.” In 2006, it would be Sater who took Ivanka on a scouting trip to Moscow, and it would be Sater who, while they were on a private tour of the Kremlin, pleaded with a member of Vladimir Putin’s security detail to allow her to sit, briefly, in the Russian president’s chair.” 0 likes