Start by marking “Cosmic Ghost Rider: Baby Thanos Must Die” as Want to Read:
Cosmic Ghost Rider: Baby Thanos Must Die

Cosmic Ghost Rider: Baby Thanos Must Die

(Cosmic Ghost Rider #1-5)

You knew him as the Punisher. Frank Castle made a deal with the devil that made him the Ghost Rider. A deal with Galactus made him cosmic. And a deal with Thanos made him...dead?! Not to worry, Castle doesn't die easy. He's coming back - and he's got a plan to make the universe a better place! It all starts with an idea so simple he cannot believe no one has ever done it ...more
Published February 5th 2019 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Cosmic Ghost Rider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cosmic Ghost Rider

Start your review of Cosmic Ghost Rider: Baby Thanos Must Die
Khurram
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was quite disappointed in this comic really. The back story I found more interesting than the actual story. The best thing I liked about this story is the comic is the art work. Also small things like Cable getting older every time he comes back from the future. As good as he look in Ghost Rider form. The part that annoyes me his language. Can any really picture a cosmic spirit of vengeance calling someone "dude"?

Ok if anyone was to be changed into a Spirit of Vengeance it would be the
Chad
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I just don't get the Cosmic Ghost Rider hype. He doesn't act like Frank Castle at all. (Going insane is not going to make the Punisher call people "Dude".) He's basically Cosmic Deadpool. In this, he decides to go back and time and kill baby Thanos before deciding to raise him. The stuff with Cable was mildly amusing. I can't say I was a fan of Dylan Burnett's art either. Meh.
James DeSantis
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe how fucking FUN this was.

So after the events of Thanos Wins, we get a little bit more time with this insane Frank. That's right, the Cosmic Ghost Rider is none other than Punisher. He died so this story begins with him in Valhalla and he decides to go on a little journey. Heads back into the past and is ready to kill baby Thanos, but the little baby Thanos decides to say "Fuck that" and attacks him. Frank decides he can't kill a innocent, because he hasn't killed yet, and
Tiago
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So fucking metal! One of those occasions where the multiverse actually works, a real blast to read, as a standalone story its one of my favorite Marvel books in a long time, Donny Cates created one hell of a character, huge fan of Dylan Burnett's art as well, just make sure you play something appropriate in the background while you read it.
Cheese
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is fucking cool, slightly lacking in story, but not guts.

I’d recommend reading the Thanos run by Cates first. As it is linked.
Paul E. Morph
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Worth it just for the Juggerduck, frankly...
Artemy
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, marvel, 1-star
I don't get the hype around Donny Cates. Like, what the hell is this Cosmic Ghost Rider book? So Cates made Frank Castle into a new Ghost Rider in his Thanos book for some reason, and this version of Castle is acting entirely out of character, more akin to some kind of watered-down version of Deadpool. He died in that same Thanos book and ended up in Valhalla, but it turns out he's too much of a dick and Odin doesn't want him there, so Castle fucks right off out of Valhalla and somehow ends up ...more
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)
I finally got around to reading the last issue which completed this series.

All five issues are a total riot, the weakest one being issue number 4, but hey, you gotta have some monologuing somewhere, right?

The whole premise of Frank Castle taking on the mantle of The Ghost Rider is crazy enough...but that just w3asnt good enough was it? Let's throw him in space too!

And ya know what...fuck it! Let's also make him a babysitter!

And you can bet your Action Comics #1 that it was a helluva lot of fun
Matthew Quann
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The absurd Cosmically-infused Ghost Rider Frank Castle returns in what is another fun and silly comic from Donny Cates. This is just pure fun, though I definitely felt more fatigue set in on this volume than I did the Thanos collection. If there’s more to be had, I hope Frank can go in some more interesting directions,
Malum
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a lot different than I thought it would be. I was expecting a dark, serious book but instead this is a silly comedy with cartoony art. Also, the characterization of Frank Castle seemed a bit off to me.
Tom
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I’ll give this a 3 1/2. It was pure fun. The character and set up are over the top and that’s what makes it fun. For me, I think it suffers a bit due to the hype. Certainly worth a read just don’t let the hype get to you.
Jakub Kvíz
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Batshit crazy, funny and entertaining.

After introducing Cosmic Ghost Rider in Thanos Wins, Cates is giving us the whole mini-series focused CGR trying to change the future by kidnapping baby Thanos. And it's one hell of a ride!

Dylan Burnett's art fit the story very well and the colors are fantastic.

Including "Thanos Legacy" was absolutely useless and I just glanced through it after a couple of pages. I'd rather have the book $2 cheaper than reading such a crappy issue.
Drown Hollum
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alright, I read NOTHING leading into this book, but boy I had FUN. Just a blast with the insane 616 Frank, a man unhinged in a world too super for him. This whole thing is off-the-wall, but there's actually a pretty sizable heart in the center, even if Frank reads more like Deadpool in his current state. I loved reading this though, just a great, multiversal, wacky thing, with just enough plot to keep you reading. Can we please get Ryan Browne involved somehow?
Brian Dickerson
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cc-03
I loved this fun read! The only reason it’s not a 5 star comic in my mind is the Cosmic Ghost Rider voicing is more Wade Wilson than Frank Castle...
Roy
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was ridiculously fun!! Cates created such a fun vibe. The artwork was popping. We need more of this.
Dakota Morgan
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cosmic Ghost Rider is truly a comic book - high action, high comedy, low sense-making, zero attempts at continuity. It's great fun, but don't expect to remember anything afterwards. Frank Castle aka The Punisher aka herald of Galactus and Thanos aka Cosmic Ghost Rider goes to the past to kidnap baby Thanos and raise him without the urge to kill half the galaxy. This enlightened path instantly goes awry as Frank finds himself lured into killing everyone in sight. It's a silly blast.

Donny Cates
Chris Lemmerman
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a last ditch effort at redemption for a cosmically enhanced life of bad decisions, Frank Castle, the Cosmic Ghost Rider, goes back in time to kill Thanos in the crib. But as anyone who's ever time travelled before will know, that's never going to end well...

On the surface, this sounds like a load of rubbish. But it is not.

Once you get past the idea that this is a Frank Castle driven insane and with the powers of Galactus and the Spirit of Vengeance, and not the usual Punisher character,
Blindzider
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I went into this knowing nothing about it other than it was written by Donny Cates, who has been doing some excellent stuff at Marvel lately. I genuinely thought this was Ghost Rider in space, but big surprise, it's actually about the Punisher!

There's a very brief sequence in the beginning, explaining how Frank Castle gets to this position in life, but from there the story is off the rails, crazy. I found myself with a smile the entire time I read this because of the insane antics. At least a
Beelzefuzz
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, comics
Update: I read it again and now I see it is a nice exploration of utilitarianism. Frank is pursuing a deontological viewpoint and is finally confronted with the consequentialist viewpoint of what he is doing, ultimately finding the utility of everyone else's happiness outweighs his own, except there is still another layer I am not grasping which is revealed by his final choice and the alternate self he sees.

Original Review:
I enjoyed this quote a lot, but I am not sure what the message is. I
C. Varn
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Frank Castle as a cosmic time jumping avenger from hell is fascinating but is played for laughs. The tone is mixed between recent Guardians of the Galaxy, the jokier elements of recent Deadpool or Walter Simonson's Thor, and DC's classic Lobo, not the weirder cosmic elements of Warlock or the Silver Surfer, even if the characters overlap. There are high points: like the various incarnations of Cable and the alternate reality Guardians of the Galaxy fighting Cosmic Ghost Rider and stellar artwork ...more
Travis Duke
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a fun ride! I didn't know what to expect but i enjoyed Cosmic Ghost Rider. Frank Castle is now Ghost Rider and has been imbued with cosmic power making him ridiculously powerful and after some time with both Thanos and Galactus he decides to take care Thanos once and for all by time traveling (Marvel and time travel, shocking i know) and finding baby Thanos. Cates's writing doesnt take it self to serious but it works, the story is just really fun. The art is also pretty damn good and ...more
Craig
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty weird. I'm glad someone at Marvel has a sense of humor and is okay with letting stuff like this hit the market, but I wish this was still a bit more coherent than it is. And I really wasn't a fan of the artwork--this is a story that calls for someone with a bit more refinement. Still, I enjoyed it and it was fun. Just not a whole lot to it is all.
Trike
This is flat-out bonkers. Frank Castle, aka The Punisher, becomes the Ghost Rider then a herald of Galactus, combining a bad attitude with the power of Hell along with the Power Cosmic. Then he works for Thanos, serving Death, thus becoming the most powerful being in the universe. Yet he still gets killed and is taken to Valhalla. So of course he beats up an Asgardian while spending his afterlife in Valhalla, causing Odin to kick him out. So Frank decides to kidnap baby Thanos and raise him.

That
Matt
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Collects Cosmic Ghost Rider issues #1-5 and Thanos Legacy issue #1

Donny Cates nails it with this one. Funny. Weird. Dark. Entertaining. This is a great follow-up to his short run on "Thanos," and the final issue in this collection sets up the next Cates project, "Guardians of the Galaxy."
Elliott Frank
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is exactly the kind of dumb that I love. Cates knows exactly how to capitalize on the absurdity he established in Thanos Wins.
Omar Chilla
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
8.2 good.
The writing was solid isnt the best from cates but the art work was brilliant and the entertainment and all the fight scenes is what brings it to a 4 star. A great fun read and a nice continuation from thanos wins which is a brilliant story.
SuperSillySerra
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a Punisher comic, or a Ghost rider comic, Or even a Thanos comic for that matter; But man was this book good!

I'm new to Marvel and have been looking for a decent place to jump in. I wouldn't say this is the best place to, BUT it is a nice start. It's a bit in the middle of things but thankfully there's enough info in the story to follow along. They even have a small description on the front page to give you an idea of whats going on. To try to sum it up: Frank Castle messed up
James
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Collected this as single issues. Finally read them after I read Thanos Returns, God Quarry and Thanos wins. This series was wild crazy. Almost like a butterfly effect scenario. Punisher/Ghostrider wants to go back and kill baby Thanos but then wants to try and raise him on his own to be a better person. Of course that just creates an all new F’d up timeline. All the cameos in here are awesome. Fun read!!
Jamie Connolly
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure if cosmic ghost rider was ridiculously awesome! Or if it was awesomely ridiculous! Either way it’s 5 stars. And Donny cates by the way is the brightest up and comer since Jeff Lemire. In my opinion that is anyway. And if you’re not sure if you agree with that than read babyteeth or some more of his own original work. Guy is freakin talented as can be.
Michael Adams
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A crazy, over-the-top cosmic black comedy. Takes the tropes and expounds them to the Nth degree. Fun, if ultimately inconsequential, book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History
  • Thanos, Vol. 2: The God Quarry
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 2: The Green Door
  • Infinity Wars
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • Avengers by Jason Aaron, Vol. 3: War of the Vampires
  • Asgardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: The Infinity Armada
  • The War of the Realms
  • Infinity Countdown
  • Daredevil, Vol. 1: Know Fear

Cosmic Ghost Rider (5 books)
  • Cosmic Ghost Rider (2018) #1 (of 5)
  • Cosmic Ghost Rider (2018) #2 (of 5)
  • Cosmic Ghost Rider (2018) #3 (of 5)
  • Cosmic Ghost Rider (2018) #4 (of 5)
  • Cosmic Ghost Rider (2018) #5 (of 5)