Start by marking “The Rural Diaries: What Moving to Mischief Farm Taught Me About What Really Matters in Life, Love, and Making Dandelion Wine” as Want to Read:

The beloved actress and star of One Tree Hill, White Collar, and Lethal Weapon, Hilarie Burton, tells the inspiring story of leaving Hollywood for a radically different kind of life in upstate New York with her husband Jeffrey Dean Morgana celebration of community, family, and the value of hard work in small town America.

While Hilarie Burtons hectic lifestyle as an actress
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about The Rural Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rural Diaries

Start your review of The Rural Diaries: What Moving to Mischief Farm Taught Me About What Really Matters in Life, Love, and Making Dandelion Wine
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
Best way to start a Monday in this crazy new world we live in is finding out I was approved for this book through Netgalley!

I love Hilarie Burton and can't wait to read her memoir of upending her life in Hollywood for life on an organic farm, and also what Negan is like in real life❤❤
Living My Best Book Life
I just finished reading The Rural Diaries by Hilarie Burton and I am in awe of this woman. I have been a fan of Hilarie's ever since I watched the show 'One Tree Hill'. Whenever I saw her on her shows and interviews, she came across as a fierce, confident, and friendly person and that was fascinating. So, when I read the first few pages of the story, I was captivated.

As I got deeper into the story, I loved Hilarie's openness and vulnerability. She details everything from her time as a VJ on MTV,
Julie
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
LOVED this book!! Review coming soon!!
Angela Williamson
I was so thrilled to get the chance to read Hilarie Burton Morgan's book from NetGalley and Harper Collins for an honest review.
Hilarie Burton Morgan is very open, honest and vulnerable as she shares her life as an actress, meeting her husband Jeffrey Dean Morgan, deciding they wanted something different for their family than the hustle and bustle of large cities. They found a cabin in New York and later upgraded to Mischief Farm and spend their days with each other, their children, animals,
Lindsey Collins
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fan of Hilarie Burton since One Tree Hill premiered in 2003. When I saw her book was available from her publisher on NetGalley I knew I had to read it. The Rural Diaries is the story of Hilarie's relationship and life with her husband, Jeffery Dean Morgan, and how they built their community and farm in Rhinebeck, NY.

This book is honest, beautiful, and raw. Hilarie talks about her highs and lows and doesn't shy away from the moments her life was difficult or the moments she worked to
Lindsey Collins
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Kookie9200
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this book.

First let me say that I've admired Hilarie since her days on TRL, and through One Tree Hill. She's a badass, powerhouse of a woman, and I admire and respect her. I just wanted to get that out of the way before my review.

I read this all in one sitting. I absolutely couldn't put it down. It was a like a warm chat with your best friend, over tea or coffee or wine. Her voice is so clear and true as she writes of her
Caroline Craig David
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hilarie Burton gives us an exclusive look into her life with Jeffery, Gus, George, and Mischief Farm. From meeting the love of her life, giving birth to a curious baby boy, moving to a reclusive small town to get away from the noise of the cities to becoming a mother of 2, farmer, sweet shoppe owner, board member and still pursuing her love of acting. Full of recipes, stories of loss, and even agriculture advise, you get a feeling of being one of Hilarie's best friends as she lets you in on what ...more
Sabrina
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am going all the way to five stars with this one! What a fun ride!

This book will make you happy, it will make you dream, it will make you feel understood, it will make you brave, it will just bring joy and hope and so many delightful vibes. Hilarie brings us along in such a warm, inviting
Ashley Jackman
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Hilarie Burton since her days on MTV. I watched One Tree Hill religiously (and more than once if I am being honest). I was so happy to get the opportunity to read this book in advance. It did not let me down. It talks about the life that her and Jeffery Dean Morgan have built together. It doesn't sugar coat their relationship and make it seem like it was perfect. You can really picture yourself on Mischief Farm right there with her. I am excited to try some of the tips and ...more
Classy Yet Trashy Librarian
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Hilario Burton since her days on MTV. I watched One Tree Hill religiously (and more than once if I am being honest). I was so happy to get the opportunity to read this book in advance. It did not let me down. It talks about the life that her and Jeffery Dean Morgan have built together. It doesnt sugar coat their relationship and make it seem like it is perfect. You can really picture yourself on Mischief Farm right there with her. I am excited to try some of the tips and ...more
Ashley
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Id like to thank Edelweiss and the publisher for the advance copy in exchange for an honest review. Ive been a fan of Hilaries ever since One Tree Hill so I was interested in reading this biography about her life with JDM and their life at Mischief Farm. Hilarie comes across as a person youd want to know, she is funny, sarcastic and just wants to be a great mom to her kids. Overall a great and interesting read. ...more
Danielle
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've always enjoyed Hilarie Burton as an actress on shows like One Tree Hill and White Collar and occasional Christmas movies, so I decided to read this memoir about building her life with husband Jeffrey Dean Morgan and their kids in Rhinebeck, New York. I enjoyed reading it in a kind of voyeuristic way that most of read celebrity memoirs for. I'm not sure I would have found it as interesting if I was reading it as a memoir written by an unknown author.
Nicole Windhagen
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first came across Hilarie Burton Morgans book I knew I needed to get my hands on it ASAP! I have been a fan of Hilarie since her MTV days and I was thrilled to be able to get a little snippet of her day to day life. I think the thing I loved most about this book is being able to see, how down to earth Hilarie is. You can tell she loves those in her life fiercely and gives her all in whatever she does.

I would 10/10 recommend this book!
Rather.be.reading1
This was sooo good! Probably my fav book of 2020 so far. I related v closely w Hilarie in that she wanted to get out of the city and back to a small town snd nature. I loved every bit of this book. Everything in it felt genuine and real and def felt like a real person and not a celebrity. Comes out March 5.
Tw: miscarriage
Kasey Sullivan
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ive been a fan of Hilarie since OTH so I was so excited for her book!
I loved getting to look inside her life and see how truly down to earth she really is and what she cares about.
Theres so much growth and knowledge that comes in her story.

If youre a fan you wont be disappointed and if youve never heard of her before then youll fall in love with her after this.
Sabrina
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am going all the way to five stars with this one! Thank you, @netgalley, @harpercollins @harperonebooks for the eARC! What a fun ride!
@hilarieburton brings the ✨MAGIC✨ people! Do not hesitate one second from picking this book up the first chance you get (it also looks like she narrated the #audiobook so that will be fantastic, no doubt).
🌻This book will make you happy, it will make you dream, it will make you feel understood, it will make you brave, it will just bring joy and hope and so
Erin Stetler
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Hilarie so when I saw this i had to jump on it. Loved getting an inside glimpse of her life with her amazing husband and beautiful children. Love how down to.earth her and her whole family is. This is a definite must read.
Gail O'Connor
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the top finds this year! . Burtons book was a magnificent read. . Her stories are filled with fascinating accounts of the trials and tribulations of her marriage and life in upstate New York. She is my hero!.
Love, love, love this book! Have been telling everyone to read it!
Julie
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love story to her town, family and doing good deeds .I loved hearing about the candy shop and their friends the Rudds. Great story and into hilary.
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book out of my teenage love for One Tree Hill. However Hillarie Burton tells a great story about finding someone to love and somewhere you belong.
Dana Cuadrado
Mar 02, 2020

• The Sun Down Motel
  • Daddy's Girls
  • In Her Shadow
  • Farmer Boy (Little House, #2)
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • Fierce Fairytales: Poems and Stories to Stir Your Soul
  • The Hollows (Kinship #2)
  • When the Stars Align
  • Marvel 1985
  • The New Guy
  • Macca the Alpaca
  • The Remember Balloons
  • A Flame Through Eternity (The Wanderer, #3)
  • Groomed: Overcoming the Messages That Shaped Our Past and Limit Our Future
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • Homicide: The View from Inside the Yellow Tape
  • Faculty Brat: A Memoir of Abuse
Hilarie Burton Morgan is an actor, producer, farmer, candy dealer, and kid chauffeur. Known for her roles as Peyton on One Tree Hill, Sara Ellis on White Collar, her work as an MTV VJ, and her leading roles in popular Lifetime movies, she lives with her husband, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, in New York's picturesque Hudson Valley with their son Gus, daughter George, and a whole menagerie of animals.