Start by marking “Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)” as Want to Read:
Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)

Play to Win

(Wynn Hockey #1)

Meet the Wynns — a hockey dynasty built on family, money, and drama. From USA Today bestselling author Kelly Jamieson, the first novel in a new series is a total win-win.

Published March 19th 2019 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Play to Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play to Win

Start your review of Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)
Syndi
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
For some reason this book does not work for me. The marriage of convinience is not something new and usually is my favorite romance story. This is my second book by Miss Jamieson.

What does not work for me is the chemistry between the characters. I do not feel the chemistry nor their character development.

Overall I do finish the book but I do not enjoy this book

2 stars
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Play to Win is the first book to a new hockey series by Kelly Jamieson. The Wynn family is pretty large and almost all of them are involved with the hockey world in some way. The family dynamic is pretty rocky with the Grandfather owning one hockey team and the father of our hero owning another. Family members are suing each other, step parents are accused of gold digging, petty jealousy driving others. The Wynn family will definitely keep things interesting in this series.

This first book focuse
Auntee
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sports romance fans
I loved it!

I'm sooo bummed because I had a really nice review written days ago and somehow I deleted it? :(

Its taken me days to get over my anger...so here's what I can remember writing...

This is a new series by my go-to hockey-romance writer, Kelly Jamieson. When it comes to hockey, this lady can do no wrong in my book. Either she's extremely knowledgeable about the sport, or she's an excellent researcher--or both! And I appreciate that.

This series centers around hockey's legendary Wynn family.
Dali
With “Play To Win” Kelly Jamieson launches her Wynn Hockey series, in which Theo Wynn, son and grandson of hockey royalty, wants to prove himself off the ice.

Hockey is in his blood, so when an injury cuts his career short Theo decides to take an assistant management role with the Las Vegas NHL team. But when his grandfather offers him the GM position in his team, Theo can’t resist the chance to prove his numbers’ skills to his family, particularly his backstabbing brother. He’s only lacking a be
Tracy  C
I was really enjoying this for the first couple of chapters; Lacey was enjoyable despite her circumstances and Theo had potential. And then I felt like it was trying too hard. There were several instances of the characters "staying woke" and using vernacular that I thought teenagers would use. I felt like I was listening to mature adults trying to sound "cool". The plot was okay, your typical fake marriage trope, but the conflict was pretty weak. Lacey gave up way too easily.
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Play to Win was the first book in the Wynn Hockey series by Kelly Jamieson.

I loved meeting the Wynn family. Wow, what a crazy, messed up family. There were tons of them, all hockey related, and they fire each other, allegedly steal from each other, allegedly cheat on each other, and sue each other. But they were still one big happy family - well... one big family at least!

Theo Wynn was our first. He was a former NHL player who got derailed due to an injury, but he always loved the analytics of
Nadine Bookaholic
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fan of Kelly Jamieson's for several years especially her BAYARD and ACES HOCKEY series so when I heard that she was coming out with another hockey series I was all over it.

PLAY TO WIN is the first in the brand new WYNN HOCKEY series, and boy does it start us off right. Not only do we have two wonderful Main Characters, Lacey and Théo, but we meet The Wynn family and boy oh boy you can tell they are just going to be a ton of fun getting to know!

Théo and Lacey aren't your typical coup
Nadine Bookaholic

Théo and Lacey aren't your typical coup
Terri  Tutor
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just found Kelly Jamieson’s books and, boy, am I glad. Especially anyone about hockey. This is no different except that I know that there are more to come! The only hard part of any new series is learning about all of the new characters and how they interconnect. This is no different, it’s about a large and complicated family. There’s always more to learn about the Wynn family dynamics while looking through the layers. I wasn’t sure how I would like or relate to Theo, as he’s in the management ...more
Crystal
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, sports-romance
The Wynn family is going to be one wild ride of a series and I am absolutely loving it already. Theo is just...damn, and Lacey is exactly what he didn’t know he needs. Their story had me smiling, crying a little, and swooning a whole lot. A great way to kick off something new, from an author who is one of my absolute favorites!
Christina
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
That was fun!!!

I read this book based on a recommendation from a book friend and I'm glad I did! It was exactly what I needed. A sweet book about a last minute marriage between strangers that turns into something more. Of course, there's a lot more to the story but I don't want to give up all the good stuff. Plus, I'm moving on to the next book. 😁
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Play to Win is the first book in the Wynn Hockey by Kelly Jamieson. The series is more like a family saga and is not focused on a team as I was expecting. Of course, the family owns a hockey team and most of the characters' occupations have something to do with it, but most of the focus is on the family dynamics. The author was kind enough to include a short introduction of each member of the Wynn family before the story began. The sad thing (for me) is that I am very bad with names and I couldn ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really sad when Jamieson's Aces Hockey series ended, but am quite excited that it cleared a path for her new series. We are still in the world of professional hockey, but now we get to see from the point of view of players, coaches, owners, and management. In addition to that, we have the Wynn family, and let me tell you, this family rivals the Ewings of Dallas fame when it comes to delicious family drama.

The stars of this book are Théo Wynn, who in taking the job as GM of his grandfather'
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Love + sunshine + family + hockey… oh so good!

I’m addicted to this author’s hockey romances so I couldn’t have been more excited to read this, the first in the new Wynn Hockey series. Hunky hockey players and complicated family made for a great start!

Theo was a numbers guy now. After an injury forced him to quit playing hockey he was still part of the game but now was behind the scenes. He was taking his grandfather’s offer of managing his own NHL team, even as he worried about the ripple this w
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
What a gem this one turned out to be! Lacey and Théo are complete opposites, but complement each other so well. I can't say that I've read about a man that had such a structured life and so OCD, but I sure did love how Lacey would constantly push his buttons.

I truly enjoyed their story, a lot of the writing felt kind of choppy and bouncing around from here to there. But it didn't pull me away from the story at all. There were some moments that each Théo and Lacey would have that just seemed out
Erin Lewis
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Play To Win (Wynn Hockey #1) by Kelly Jamieson

Playing to Win is the first in the latest series from Kelly Jamieson, Wynn Hockey. This is Theo Wynn and Lacey Olson’s story and I really enjoyed it. Theo is a retired hockey player who now manages his grandfather’s NHL team, the Los Angeles Condors, in opposition to the one his father owns.

Theo has demons and he is determined to make a success of his new job. When Lacey gets into trouble at her waitressing job, Theo rushes in to r
Chris
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gambling addiction... Las Vegas bookies... A cheating ex... A dysfunctional family... A drunken Vegas wedding... the perfect ingredients for a perfect love.

Théo Wynn has stolen my heart. I love his brains, his quirkiness and his huge heart! He has taken the #1 spot on my KJ hero list. Lacey Olsen is his perfect partner. I love her free spirit, her loyalty, and her ability to see the best in everyone. These two characters truly compliment each other. There was such an easiness in their relations
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anytime you get a book from Kelly you know you are going to enjoy it, especially if it is about hot hockey players at least to me anyway..I hate when her series ends so I was excited that we started a new series with the Wyn family and my friends have fun trying to keep all of them on track. So we meet Theo who unfortunately for him, his hockey career ended but he has a new venture to follow, the LA Condors, he now working for his colorful grandpa who I personally enjoyed. Anyhoo he meets Lacey ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Ohhh. What a complicated bunch the Wynn family is. So many relationships--she said, he said, back stabbing, hurt feelings, divorce, and overall love. Wow what a way to introduce a series! Theo's Wynn is a hot ex-hockey geek and he has no time for women. But he does has a soft heart. So when he sees Lacy in a bind, they enter into an agreement that helps her out and helps him distract his nosey family for as long as necessary.

This is a slow burn strangers to friends to lovers story. It gets mess
Kim
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Play to Win is the first book in a new series called Wynn Hockey. It focuses on the Wynn family, who all have some sort of hockey skill in their blood.

Theo Wynn used to be a hockey player before an injury led him to leave the team and focus on his own career instead. His grandfather unexpectedly offers him the chance to manage one of the family's hockey teams, and he accepts. The night before he starts his job, he meets a waitress named Lacey. He sees her being harassed by the people her brothe
Elizabeth Clinton
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another New Hockey Series By Kelly Jamieson brings us another new Hockey Dynasty with the Wynn Family. We meet the very handsome very analytical Theo Wynn. A former player himself now finds himself becoming the GM of a NHL team run by his Grandfather but he also comes from a family that’s always in turmoil. What he never expects is Lacey a young cocktail waitress who finds herself in trouble and he comes to her resecue.
Theo & Lacey have the most fun unconventional relationship but what they nev
Marlene Brown
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I must confess that I am a little in love with Theo and his family. They are a frigging hoot!
This entire book was a joy to read, from the first meeting, to swooping in and saving, the road trip, Orgasm stop anyone? living together, Lacey's light attracting so many people. The way that Theo and Lacey complement each other. I loved reading everything, except the misunderstanding portion of the book, knew it was going to happen, just wish there had been a different way of moving them forward. B
Sandra
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

It’s always a great day when a new hockey romance from Kelly Jamieson hits my Kindle. Play to Win is the first book in her series about a hockey dynasty and there is so much to like about it!

First and foremost, if you’re a hockey fan and a romance fan and you look for the two to come together in a story in a smart way, Kelly is the author for you. I’m pretty sure I sound like a broken record, but she always integrates the game so well into her story that hockey and romance go hand in ha
Mari
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019reads
This is a brand new series from Kelly Jamieson though I'm not as well read from her I like her writing and characters. This focuses on the Wynn Dynasty, a hockey family through in through, team owners, players, coaches just generally involved in the sport. That is an interesting concept, it involves a lot of new names to intro and backgrounds for the future books. With some family drama and issues along the way, intriguing family dynamics that fuel part of who Theo is. Lacey has her own family i ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn’t love family drama, loads of sexual tension, hockey and a romance? If you do, then Play to Win is a book you should check out. This is the first book in the Wynn Hockey series and I am absolutely hooked!

Théo is out celebrating his new job with some buddies when he meets waitress Lacey. There is an instant connection and attraction between the two. He soon realizes that Lacey is in trouble, all thinks to her gambling addicted twin brother, to make matters worse, she has also lost her
Jessica Alcazar
You guys …. The Wynn family puts the functional in dysfunctional and it works hilariously well! I’m still laughing days later ………… I mean there’s so much frikking laughter! I cannot wait for the rest of the family to get their story! Like I want them yesterday!!!

So obviously this was a total #win for me. It was easy and fun and not over the top in the least. It was absolutely relatable, and you cannot help but want to be their friend!

”Meet the Wynns—a hockey dynasty built on family, money, an
Sandy S
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 19, 2019

After an injury forced Théo Wynn to give up professional hockey, he turned to his second love: numbers. Now, as the general manager of his grandfather’s NHL team, the Los Angeles Condors, Théo is dying to prove to the rest of his family—especially the brother who betrayed him—that he’s just as successful as the rest of them. If only Théo had a gorgeous woman on his arm to complete the picture. . . .

Lacey Olson needs to get out of Las Vegas right
Candyce Kirk
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's clear from the start that this series will be about the Wynn family. I loved the family tree in the beginning, but even with that help it's hard to keep everyone apart. There are a lot of unique relationships and the family is quite big, so it was hard to keep them all in mind. I'm sure once I've read a couple more books in this series, I will be a pro.

Play to Win focuses on Théo Wynn. He's always worked hard and is really smart. Théo had a short hockey career, but after an unfortunate inju
Dee
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
I really loved Kelly Jamieson's Aces Hockey series that I blew right through them, and started looking for other books like them. I knew she had other hockey series, so I decide to go with the first book in her new series Wynn Hockey, because it's kind of loosely tied to the Aces Hockey series. The Aces exist in this world, but this series surrounds the Los Angeles Condors (which is Jordyn from Playing Hurt's team.) Also a si
Ayekah
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes please! Kelly does it again with another winning book to begin the Wynn hockey series.
You kind of know you're in for a thrill ride when the beginning of the books list the cast of characters for the series and what a list it was!
I loved this book so hard. By the numbers, a little OCD and way to organized meets Lacey while out at a bar in Las Vegas with other members of the hockey team. Theo was offered a chance to revive a losing team back in California by his Grandfather and after some nego
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Wylde (Arizona Vengeance #7)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • Good Guy (Rookie Rebels, #1)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Bring It Home (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #3)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Deflected (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #9; Madrona Island #2)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Code Name: Genesis (Jameson Force Security, #1)
  • Animal Attraction (San Francisco Dragons, #2)
  • Dump and Chase (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #1)
  • Changing Lines (Bellevue Bullies, #5)
  • Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5)
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com. ...more

Wynn Hockey (5 books)
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • For the Win (Wynn Hockey, #4)
  • Game Changer (Wynn Hockey, #5)