Start by marking “Prairie Fever (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #7)” as Want to Read:
Prairie Fever (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #7)

Prairie Fever

(Cowboys of the Flint Hills #7)

Hunky Gunnar Hansen is in for the surprise of his life when he learns that 'what happens in Vegas' doesn't stay in Vegas. A sexy standalone novel with HEA from USA Today Bestselling Author, Tessa Layne. Be careful... this book might melt your device.

Playing doctor has never been so sexy...
Confirmed bachelor Gunnar Hansen, has successfully resisted the matchmaking effor
Published September 18th 2018 by Shady Lane Media

To ask other readers questions about Prairie Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prairie Fever

Jennie Fortna
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC for honest review with no compensation

This is book 7 in the Cowboys of Flint Hills series and is about Gunnar Hansen and Suzannah Winslow who had a hot and heavy fling in Vegas a few years ago and as they say...sometimes ... what happens in Vegas doesn't always say there!!

Gunnar believes he is a confirmed bachelor and is not destined to find love like his brothers ever since he thought he found "the one" in Vegas years ago, they were going to get married but she never showed up. Now between
Kathi
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touching Second Chances Flint Hills Story!!

Gunnar and Suzannah were to be married, and through an unfortunate series of events each thinks the other left them at the altar. Gunnar is running Hansen stables and on the town’s Clinic Board. When the new doctor is none other than Suzannah (with a different last name) sparks fly. Turns out they share a daughter too, which makes “’Zannah” very reluctant to expose her possible heartbreak.

“He placed her hand on his chest, right over his heart. “Do you f
CarolKat
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I absolutely love about this series is the continuity. I love seeing the characters from previous books as we meet new ones.

Gunnar is the oldest Hansen brother, he seems to have given up on women and in this book we find out why.

Suzannah Winslow is a family doctor, she has passed the requisites the board of the new Clinic in Prairie has set forth and has come to town to start work.

Neither of them realized who the other was until a rather volatile confrontation at the welcoming
Patti
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Once again, these Cowboys of the Flint Hills are so perfect! The characters in this series all make appearances which I love. The story may focused on a couple, this time, Gunnar and Suzannah, but like real life the people that surround you also play important roles. It is also a great compliment to how family, friends and community members support and respect each other. I appreciate the positive messages that Prairie exemplifies.

This story of second chances is sweet, tender and a lesson in the
Stacy Jordet
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gunnar is a hardworking man who is happy with his life, after one near miss of saying "I do" and getting stood up left him thinking that being single isn't so bad.

Suzannah has had a lot to deal with in the past 4 years. She only has a few close friends to rely on. However, she is need of a job and Prairie needs a doctor. This is a chance she and her daughter need to take. However, she didn't think she would run into the man who stole her heart and then proceeded to break it.

I loved reading about
Stephanie Erickson
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cowboys of Prairie are back.

4 years ago Gunner waited for Suzannah at the chapel in Vegas to marry her after a four day whirlwind love affair. But when she doesn't show he goes home to Prairie in defeat that he will never marry because the girl he loved stood him up at the altar.

Suzannah was ready to marry Gunner but he didn't wait for her.

She arrives in Prairie to become the towns physician at the new clinic after the terrible tornado. What she doesn't expect to find is Gunner Hansen. When
Christina Luberts
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved this story, I even cried at a few times. Gunnar Hansen runs his family farm. He went to Vegas to have fun with is brother and friend, and found the love of his life. Suzannah Winslow comes from a rich family and wants to be a doctor, and thought she meet the love of her life. They decide to get married, but what happens next leaves them both heart broken and feels the other set them up. Suzannah also ends up pregnant. Suzannah takes a job in Prairie as their doctor, not knowing that ...more
BookSnuggle
Shelves: romance
Prairie Fever (Cowboys of the Flint Hills) by Tessa Layne. This is Gunnar Hansen and Suzannah Winslow’s story.

Gunnar and Suzannah are reacquainted after four years. Even though they are still hurt by the actions or lack of actions on both their parts the chemistry is stronger than ever between them. Gunnar and Suzannah have some tough things to work through. The author did a great job of making the characters and their emotions feel so real.

I loved Gunnar and Suzannah’s characters and throughly
Lady M.
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was pumped to see Gunnar get his story - and what a story! It just broke my heart. I loved the nicknames. I love Gunner and Lulah. I beamed, got misty, lots of emotions - it was written so well, like you could feel what they felt, I loved it. Besides the romance in the story we are still seeing the people we met in previous books, the people of the town, and the town itself still being affected by the Tornado from several books ago. If I had one complaint it would be that it was too short. The ...more
Mary S
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review

I love the cowboys of the Flint Hills. Prairie Fever just continues the strong family values and love this group of people have for each other. GUnner’s love for his daughter, even before he knew she was his is precious. I feel the pull of the characters and your story like me for each and individual. Thank you
Misty
Loved It

Tessa has done it again. Gunnar and Suzannah feel in love quickly the last touch. A new job brought Suzannah to town and Gunnar found the love that he thought he lost. Getting past misunderstandings they find their love and connection still there. I couldn't put the book down.
Charity Chimni
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Emotional, raw, intense, and beautiful! The small town doc and the horseman put everything they have into making their relationship work. Loved it. The characters were amazing and the storyline was fresh. Can’t wait for more from this series!
Sharon Noble
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!

Just love the Cowboys of Prairie! Gunner was nearly married once but his got left at the alter by the love of his life, now she's back as the new doctor of Prairie!
Mary Silvestri
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I think this is a top book in this series. This is a different love story where they are together from the beginning. Highly recommended!!!
Traci
Wonderful

Love this story.. have to admit, teared up a couple of times. Beautiful love story with a rocky start. Could not put this book down. Another winner.
Teresa Fordice
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow these two have a pretty rough road to their HEA - the banter and hot scenes are well worth the read!
Dee Grace
J E HORTON
Oct 03, 2018
Carol
Sep 18, 2018

Cowboys of the Flint Hills (8 books)
  • Prairie Heat (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #1)
  • Prairie Passion (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #2)
  • Prairie Desire (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #3)
  • Prairie Storm (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #4)
  • Prairie Fire (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #5)
  • Prairie Devil: Cowboys of the Flint Hills
  • Prairie Rapture (Cowboys of the Flint Hills)