Start by marking “Center of Gravity” as Want to Read:
Center of Gravity

Center of Gravity

"If I could rewrite the rules, I'd do it for you."

Lex
I came to L.A. with dreams bigger than me.
To learn from the best choreographers in the business and secure a professional dance gig working for Hollywood’s elite.
Everything was going according to plan—until I was literally shoved into the arms of the one man who could make or break my career.
Come to find out, it wasn’t
Kindle Edition
Published September 20th 2018 by K.K. Allen

To ask other readers questions about Center of Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Center of Gravity

Loretta Rohrer-norris
Yesssss! Actually, that's a H*llyesssss!

Dancing has always been a passion of mine, in fact, I celebrated my 48th year of dancing this past Summer! I started as a 6 yyear old in ballet and have never looked back. KK Allen took us on a journey of discovery. Dancing, and the dance world in generally, can be a ruthless place. Allen showed us a few of those places in this book, along with her incredibly inventive character building for an all out dance fest. I loved that she also placed links to view
Amy Stephens
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I get excited when K.K. Allen announces she has a new book coming out. And with each new release, this author just keeps getting better and better.

Center of Gravity is about as close to perfect as a story can get. Seriously, K.K. Allen didn't miss a beat playing on every single emotion. My heart is full from such an astounding, heartfelt book. The passion behind the words and the grace with which the story unfolds hooked me from the very first chapter.

The bond that Lex and Shane have, sacrifici
Andrea Britton
My FAVORITE BOOK OF 2018 by far!!!!!! Gahhhhhhhh......I can’t even stop smiling to write this review. This book is EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING.

A beautiful story that should be Netflix’s newest release! This would be absolutely amazing seen on the big screen.
KK Allen has killed it with this book. She has knocked it out of the park so far!! Her talent is phenomenal and this story is a true piece of art.

Lex and Theo are.....sigh......EVERYTHING! Watching these two open up. Watching as Theo kee
Paula D
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favs
If I could sum up this book with one word it would be EPIC. This is so unique and so full of passion for dancing it makes you get up off your butt while reading and just dance! The words pulled at my heart over and over again. Lex is a dancer and just looking for her one shot for her dreams to come true. What Lex didn’t realize that a jerk named Theo who she basically idolized would be the one to totally change her life forever. This book pulled me in with the first page. I loved the angst the t ...more
Dri ✰
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 2018-favorites
★ 5+ STARS ★

“Dance was my light in a world that held so much darkness.”

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

O-M-G!
THIS BOOK WAS BEYOND AMAZING!!!
I LOVED EVERYTHING!! 💖💖💖💖
Definitely a must read!!!

Apesar de ter vários livros da autora na minha lista TBR, este é o primeiro livro que leio dela. E preciso dizer que estou apaixonada por tudo, foi definitivamente uma experiência incrível e me surpreendeu bastante!
Essa história poderia muito bem se tornar um filme, pois durante a leitura fui capaz de imagi
Melinda
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
👄Top 10 Recommended👄

In one word Wow K.K. Allen this one was like amaze balls. Readers will love this new storyline and see this talented author do the impossible taking us to the nitty gritty behind the scenes of back up dancers. Alexandra aka Lex is in a way naive to this kind of world and yet a fighter all the way. I loved that no matter how bossy, strict or act like an idiot she tells Theo what is on her mind. Now Theo I understand is in a lot of pressure but man when it comes to Lex we see a
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

I fell in love with K. K. Allen's words the very first time I read one of her books. She has a talent for telling her stories so beautifully and Center of Gravity was no different. It wasn't an angst filled one even though it still had a bit of it. This book was a sports romance unlike any other I've read before and I really freaking loved it. It felt like a Step Up movie was flashing in front of my eyes, only 100 times better and you must know Step Up movies are one of my guil
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
What an exquisite read and this is my first ever book I’ve read from this author. I was captivated from the very start and read this book in one sitting. The angst and the slow burn these characters had for one another had me hooked and my passion for anything related to dancing was an extra bonus.

The emotion I felt for the heroine Lex is heartfelt throughout this book. Her passion for dance and her dream to make it big in the dance industry is dedication that every dancer should show. However,
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
description

Oh my goodness! Lex and Theo's romance is a deliciously sexy and angsty slow burn that had me so invested in their story that I was glued to my Kindle. K.K. Allen's writing is so exquisite and captivating. There were several moments where I had to set my Kindle down and just fan-girl for a minute before jumping back in.

description

I will admit that going into this book, I was a little worried about connecting with the dance scenes and their emotion because it is so different than watching them in a movie o
Bibi
Oct 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers*

There were moments while reading this book that made my body restless and left it feeling too small for my skin.

Aside from that, the emotions felt were mostly negative, ranging from impatience to boredom which I suppose might have been the consequence of having read the numerous glowing reviews, leading to heightened expectations. However, and sadly, my expectations were largely left unfulfilled, despite Allen's very valiant attempt at writing a forbidden love story.

The Characters
Theo
Na
”He seemed … simple, yet there was nothing simple about the way he danced.”

The recipe to build a perfect playground for a story like Center of Gravity? Simply take 3 cups of the movie Center Stage, add a teaspoon of the movie Honey and mix it well with some pinches of the StepUp movies. This book is a dancing masterpiece. If you are a fan of dance movies, THIS is totally a MUST read for you!

”Dance was the language of Theo’s soul. He bled in sweat. He breathed in the music. And he radiated passio
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book.

Well, EVERYTHING!

THE CRAZE.

THE TENSION

THE CHOREOGRAPHY.

THE MOVES.

KK Allen is my one stop, never let’s me down author, ever. Her books are flawlessly Crafted to compliment every single crazed emotion I need in a story.

In her newest story you meet Lex, she’s been a dancer her whole life and moves to LA from Seattle with her best friend to follow there dreams. After her best friend Shane hits it in a big show she knows the time is now she cannot be scared anymore
G (heartbooked)
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first K.K.Allen book and I’m giving her freaking full star studded credit. I absolutely loved this book. I need someone to hook up Netflix or any movie producers out there to make this into a movie so I can watch it over and over again. Don’t judge me, I love music... I love watching people dance their hearts out. I’m from a culture where when people dance, they’re normally referred to that they ‘dance like the water’ (though I’m no dancer as I have 2 left feet 😂). But K.K. Allen wrote this m ...more
Heather
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book! I don't even know where to begin! K.K. Allen writes with so much passion that you feel it in every word, every scene, every page! This is hands down my favorite sports romance of 2018!
Lex is insecure and holds back from chasing her dreams. That is until she meets up with Theo. The angst, steamy scenes and slow burn will keep you glued to your seat!!!

So in love with Lex's character, and I wanted nothing more than to see her succeed in the business! The chemistry between her and Theo i
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
Center of Gravity is like a slow dance. It’s sensual, teasing at things to come. It’s hot and sexy. Leaving tears in your eyes because it’s so emotionally provoked and you don’t want it to end. It’s a cold drink at the end of a summers day. It’s love and regret. It’s perfection.

I think the above paragraph describes accurately of how I feel about this book. The characters are so thought out that you believe them to be real. The love and the angst. The slow burn. I loved it all!

I could tell you
Joelle ★My Book Angel Blog★
I applaud K.K. Allen for this magnificent book. Center Of Gravity is truly a masterpiece—one you not only can read, but are able to experience it interactively. To me, that made this book even more of a delight to read.

K.K. Allen is always surprising her readers with the different genres she writes. Not one book is ever the same. I feel that’s what gives her the edge in the writing world. The area the book takes place in is never the same, the characters are always different from past books, an
Shelly (vixenreads)
Friends...when I tell you this book gave me life, it truly did! I didn't think anything could compare to my love of Up In The Treehouse but I was wrong. This book is my everything! Without question it's in my top favorites of the year.

CoG focuses on Theo and Lex. I loved both of these characters beyond words. They felt right. They felt real. Their story felt alive. It was like I was watching a documentary dance show on tv. I was completely immersed in their world. Their connection on and off the
Kelsey Buriedinabook_k Lehman
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
*Sigh * I know I just finished this but I want to start it all over again. It was captivating, from the first page to the last I didn't want to put it down. The Center of Gravity is a story filled with so much determination, strength, hope, and a sense of community that makes you so invested.

The forbiddeness leaves you craving more and falling deeper with the turn of every page. Get ready for a story about fighting for not just your dreams but for your heart as well.

Lex and Theo will give you a
Taylor
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This book is so unlike anything KK Allen has ever written but not unlike her other books COG still saturated with KK's ability to pull you in, grab hold of you and make your heart soar. KK has infused hidden gems throughout this book as well and you'll read with baited breath trying to get to the next one!!

Center of Gravity had a hold of me from the start. Lex and Theo have a magnetic push/pull - literally and figuratively as these two heat it up on and off the dance floor! I
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Find Your Balance" Stars
Center of Gravity was such a captivating story! K.K. Allen presented a unique, alluring romance set in the world of professional dance with a touch of angst and forbidden. This novel is a flawless mix of flirty, funny, sexy, moving and utterly appealing! The passion flowing through the pages is remarkable!

"If I could rewrite the rules, I'd do it for you."

Lex is an aspiring professional dancer trying her chance in Los Angeles. She’s been dancing all her life a
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5+ Stars!!!

K.K. Allen made all the right moves in this beautiful and unique dance love story. The perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and angst makes Center of Gravity one of my favorite reads of 2018!

Every time K.K. writes a book, I have a harder time writing my review. Her writing always hits a special place in my heart and gives me something I didn’t even know I needed at the time.

Theo and Lex have off the charts chemistry and the forbidden romance filled with angst will keep you turning the page
Malene
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Center Of Gravity is a beautiful dance romance. I wasn’t sure if a book focused solely on dance could hold my interest but it did. The book was wonderful written and constructed with links to give the reader an interactive experience and the author succeeded with that. I could easily envision Lex when she took everyone’s breath away with her dancing including the choreographer Theo.

The story of Lex and her passion for dancing is the story’s center. It’s a life of going to classes, auditions and
K.K. Allen
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Center of Gravity, my sexy, angsty, sports romance is AVAILABLE NOW! YAYYY! This book is good for ALL, and it might mean a bit more to those who are obsessed with dance LIKE ME <3

Alex ♈
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I love dance and music and of course I love books so I was so excited to join this tour for K.K Allen’s, Center of Gravity and I am glad that I did. This is a well written romance. I liked the story and I really liked K.K Allen’s writing style.

Center of Gravity was longer than a lot of books that I have been reading lately, so I estimated that it would take me a day and a half to read, but it too me longer because I wasn’t captivated by it.

The problem for me was that, while ther
The Book Bee
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS (in my eyes)
"He was my preacher, and I was his loyal disciple, two seconds away from worship."

OMGosh, I am smiling!! TWO reasons: I finally read my first book by KK Allen AND I fell in love with Theo and Lex. I seriously have the cheesy grins. I am still smiling after finishing it and getting my thoughts together!! There is so much to discuss, but I can only discuss so much....what a conundrum, right??

I want to start out by saying that I loved KK's flow and her pacing in t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤

Kayla Brunson
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2018, arc
I never read a dance romance before so I was a bit unsure of how I would feel about it. I actually really liked this one!

I really loved Lex! She was a sweet soul and I loved her passion for dance. It’s shown here quite a bit and she deserved to chase her dreams. Theo was a hard person to like in the beginning, but the way he cared for Lex really made me fall for him.

We get a lot of dance here. A lot of behind the scenes of what it would like to be a tour and it was awesome! The only negative I
Mandie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy friggin’ hell!! This book was AMAZEBALLS!! Lex and Theo!! That’s all I can say!! It gave me all the feels! Definitely one of my top five romances of this year!!
Diary Of Book Fiend

Conflict ***
Mystery NA
Twists ***
Pace *****

This was a beautiful read. I fell in love with Lex right away. I loved her friendship with Shane and how supportive of each other they were.
" You might never feel ready, Lex. You just have to take a leap at some point. It might as well be now." -Shane

Shane and Lex move
K.K. Allen is an award-winning Contemporary Romance author, University of Washington Alumni, and Seattle Seahawk fan!!

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was named the Best New Adult Book of the Year by RT Book Reviews, an honor beyond belief! Named the Queen of Angst by her readers, K.K. promises to take your emotions on an epic ride every single time with very real, coming of age ro