Start by marking “May Day: A Gray Witch Novel” as Want to Read:
May Day: A Gray Witch Novel

May Day: A Gray Witch Novel

Ari Mason is a shunned and exiled witch. She works as a bartender and reads tarot in the park. Neither of which requires her brand of black magic. Which is how she likes it. Ari's power has always left a trail of death and destruction in her wake, and she's chosen a path of altruism. By using herbs and plants in her spells, instead of blood, she can help those around her.

Published July 10th 2018 by R.R. Born

To ask other readers questions about May Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about May Day

Start your review of May Day: A Gray Witch Novel
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

An exciting ride from the first page to the last, “May Day” will have lovers of a good paranormal tale reading late into the night.

Read full review in the 2018 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Gerry Bartlett
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Ari was born into a family of witches that practices black magic. When she leaves, determined to move toward the light, she has no coven and only friends who don't understand her powers. R.R. Born writes a great book full of excitement, unusual witches and plot twists. I liked her characters and hope we'll be seeing more of this gray witch. What a great find in a new author.
Kris Riley
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Omg!! Y’all!!! I was
able to carve some reading time out and finish May Day by RR Born!!! I need to
buy book 2 now!! May Day was sooooo good! Twists, turns and WTFs every where!
Loved this grey witch book. It’s definitely a series I want to continue reading.
There is a splash of romance but it’s so much more than that.

I happened upon RR
Born at a signing, DDnD19. I was looking for something that I hadn’t read in a
while and Born suggested her first book, May Day. It was exactly what I needed.

Ari
Sarah Andre
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun and sassy read!

Loved all the research that went in to authenticating this story of a witch born with black powers trying to journey over to the white witch side. Tarot cards, crystals, teas and herbs for spells and healing, etc. A fun romp into witchcraft, Druid’s and ghosts. Highly recommend!
Rox Burkey
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ari Mason was driven out of her coven and forced to find her own way in the world. Living in Houston she reads tarot cards, tends bar, and desperately tries to control her black magic fire power. Along with her pursuit of positive magic applied with herbs, amulets, crystals, and teas, she finds herself drawn to help those who need her compassion. Her dearest friend, Leise, is injured by dark magic which results in them both being caught up in a series of horrific events caused by dark magic. Ari ...more
Kay Hudson
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ari Mason, the heroine of R.R. Born’s debut novel, May Day, is a gray witch. Born into a coven of black witches, Ari left the practice of black magic, cutting ties with much of her family. Now she tends bar by night and reads Tarot in the park by day. She volunteers for children and senior citizens, and generally keeps her distance from the magic community in her home town of Houston.

When her best friend, Leise (a non-magical person or dismage), has a problem with an antique amethyst pendant,
Jo Anne
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
R.R. Born’s debut novel is a winner! I love Ari, and can’t wait to read the second installment in her adventures. This urban fantasy has it all: witches, ghosts, and Druids; spells, tarot cards, charms, and magic; family karma and free-will choices to be who we want to be. It also has plenty of romance, friendship, action, and good versus evil. It’s well-written, well-researched, and, both scary and FUN! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Chrissa
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable urban fantasy focusing on witches in Houston, Texas. Sincerely hoping this is the beginning of a series, as I'd like to find out what happens next with Ari and her friends. Despite a few hiccups in the beginning (an explanation of mortar & pestle, some choppy paragraph breaks), this novel flew me through from the first page to the last. The supporting cast was enjoyable and created an ensemble that I would happily visit again.
Debbie Rodriguez
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
May Day is so Amazing!

I jumped into this book pretty much blind. I have to say I expected it to be good, however it exceeded that entirely, it was great!
I loved the characters created in here. They are so real and alive. I could almost feel them.
This is definitely one to be on your TBR list! I am on to book 2!
Melanie Greene
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Witchy fun - R R Born kept me guessing with action and plot twists, and I was immersed in her world of magic among the everyday. I'm already wondering what will happen next in these character's lives!
Kristina Haas
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spectacular specters!

I really enjoyed this story! The writing is well developed and the characters are lovable. I look forward to reading more Grey Witch novels by RR Born!
Haley Fleming
Dec 30, 2018
Bridget
rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2018
Kris Riley
Nov 08, 2019
Gwen
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2018
Jun 26, 2018
Colleen Thompson
Jun 27, 2018
R.R. Born
Jun 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Zheena
Jun 16, 2019
sara
Nov 14, 2019

• Goode Over Evil (Crystal Creek Mystery #1)
  • Mind Shadows (The Durand Chronicles Book 2)
  • Shadows in the Deep (The Durand Chronicles Book 1)
  • Alee
  • Hating the Boss
  • Break My Bones
  • Under Currents
  • He Was Not There (Zachary Goldman Mysteries #6)
  • Bene (The Guzzi Legacy, #5)
  • History Decoded: The 10 Greatest Conspiracies of All Time
  • Busted
  • Witching in a Winter Wonkyland: A Wonky Inn Christmas Cozy Mystery
  • Picnic at Hanging Rock
  • It Came
  • For Witch or For Poorer (Paranormal Wedding Planners #5)
  • The Man Who Cancelled Himself (Stewart Hoag, #6)
  • For Better or For Wolf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #4)
  • 30-Day Author: Develop a Daily Writing Habit and Write Your Book in 30 Days (or Less) (Wordslinger 1)