Start by marking “Sleepover at the Museum” as Want to Read:
Sleepover at the Museum

Sleepover at the Museum

Imagine spending your birthday at the museum! Join Mason and his friends on their scavenger hunt through all the exhibits that make any natural history museum so special. The perfect birthday gift for museum lovers and adventure-seekers alike!

Mason couldn't wait to celebrate his birthday with a sleepover at the museum of natural history--his favorite place to visit.

Arm
Published January 15th 2019 by Crown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Sleepover at the Museum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepover at the Museum

Start your review of Sleepover at the Museum
☕️Kimberly
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Princess Sophia is the perfect age for Sleepover at the Museum and while Prince Clayton falls below the targeted age range even he got excited over the cover. Both children have a slight obsession with dinosaurs.

Mason and his two best friends are celebrating his birthday with a sleepover at the natural history museum. I will be the first to admit, I was a tad jealous. I've always wanted to sleep at the museum or library! Mr. Caffeinated and I love museums and made it a point to take our children
Abigail
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Children Who Like the Natural History Museum & Dream of Sleeping Over There
Mason is excited for his sleepover birthday party at the Museum of Natural History in this picture-book from author Karen LeFrak and illustrator David Bucs. He and his friends are led by their guide in an entertaining and educational scavenger hunt through the many halls of the museum, as Mason considers just where they will all bed down for the night - something that he gets to choose. Each location has some argument against it, until he finally thinks of the perfect place...

Although I wouldn't
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. "Sleepover at the Museum" is the story of Mason, a very lucky kid who gets to celebrate his birthday with his best friends with a sleepover at the local Natural History museum. A sleepover at a museum? Sign me up! Mason will get to go on a scavenger hunt and have the best birthday ever!

This book was a lot of fun! We loved playing along at home as Mason and his friends discover a lot of really cool things at the museum. We have the fortune of having easy access to the Smithsonian Museu
Edward Sullivan
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The awesomeness of a scavenger hunt and sleepover at a natural history museum for a birthday celebration.
Carina Olsen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I had the chance to take part in the blog tour for this book, I knew I had to. Since it looks all kinds of adorable and fun. Feeling very thankful that I was able to take part in the tour and get an early copy of the book in the mail. I'm so glad I decided to read this book, because it was pretty great. Not perfect, but very adorable. Giving it four stars, as I liked it a whole lot, yet it was also not completely for me. My review will not be very long, since this picture book was so short, ...more
Barbara
I would imagine that this picture book will result in many youngsters begging their parents for a similar birthday party. Although I liked the idea of spending the night in a natural history museum with all of its amazing exhibits, I also couldn't help thinking about privilege and the over-the-top birthday parties for youngsters that many parents end up planning. While it is a day to celebrate, a simple cake and games should surely suffice. But apparently not in today's world. I'm not so sure th ...more
Read  Ribbet
Clever book to introduce kids to Natural History Museums. Using a birthday party as a context, LeFrak takes the kids and readers on a scavenger hunt around the museum. With factually based clues, he readers learn interesting facts as they watch the characters try to find the perfect place to spend the night inside the museum. End notes list such museum and provide links to virtual museums. Inside covers provide simple floor plan maps. This book could be a good resource in classrooms.
Cindy Dobrez
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A mystery for the picture book audience as a scavenger hunt through a natural history museum allows for a romp through varied galleries and a search for the perfect spot to hold the sleepover.
The list of museums and zoos that hold sleepovers was a nice touch.
Janet
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A picture book for a definite audience those children who like science. This book tells of a specialized Birthday experience of sleeping overnight in the Museum of Natural History in NewYork City. I was not fond of the children’s and adults faces in these illustrations.
Lynn
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story of a scavenger hunt and sleepover at the Natural History Museum. I loved the list in the back matter of museums where sleepovers can be held.

A nice way to introduce kids to the fun and splendor of museums.
Stacy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Scavenger hunt riddles throughout a museum "tour." Fun fact with each exhibit.
Brittany
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love history or the Night at the Museum movie you will love this book!
Lynda
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
So much fun that my little and I are planning our first museum sleep-over.
Anthony
Mason and his two best friends enjoy themselves at a scavenger hunt at the museum of natural history while celebrating Mason's birthday party and sleepover. Fun and learning combined.
Syntha Green
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Lots of kids will want to have a sleepover at a museum after reading this.
Sandy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute story. My daughter especially liked solving the clues to the scavenger hunt.
Marcie
Can see teachers reading this aloud prior to visit to museum of Natural History. Endpapers and illustrations are nice.
Aeicha
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mason, along with his parents and two best friends, is spending his birthday by having a sleepover at the museum! Clues take Mason and his friends through each exciting part of the museum as they try to decide just where to spend the night.

Sleepover at the Museum is a fun and delightful picture book! Karen LeFrak’s engaging storytelling will thrill little readers as they excitedly join Mason on his museum adventures. Through crafty, clever clues, LeFrak wonderfully lays out the museum and intro
Shiloah
Jane
May 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• When Sadness Is at Your Door
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • The Serious Goose