Start by marking “Fairy Mom and Me #2: Fairy in Waiting” as Want to Read:
Fairy Mom and Me #2: Fairy in Waiting

Fairy Mom and Me #2: Fairy in Waiting

(Fairy Mom and Me #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  230 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Fans of Sophie Kinsella's sparkling humor and the first book in the illustrated duology will love these next adventures featuring their favorite mother-daughter fairy team.

Ella Brook is used to being a fairy in waiting. It means that one day she will become a fairy with her own sparkly wings and Computawand, just like her mom.

But sometimes Ella doesn't want to have to wait
Published January 29th 2019 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Mom and Me #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Mom and Me #2

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Fairy Mom and Me #2: Fairy in Waiting
Giselle Bradley
*2.5 Stars
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Ella and her mother return to the spotlight in the second Fairy Mom and Me book, and with all new lessons to learn!

As with book one, this has several small stories in it that each deal with a situation that goes a bit haywire and it’s up to Ella and her magic wielding mother to fix it. While I do find these to be a bit formulaic in style and a bit too cutesy, I think it’s a fun little series with a lot of heart. I really wish her mother were a bit more capable in her abilities and a little less
Eve beinguniquebooks
Ella and her fairy mum are back as they face dinner with her dad's colleagues, a wardrobe that's alive, a holiday to France and her birthday party where of course magic makes things go wrong in hilarious ways!

The magical duo are back again and I love this book for showing that adults can make mistakes and kids can fix mistakes too! It's hilarious and kids with enjoy this book I'm sure!
Femke
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gelezen-2019
Cute! The drawings really add to the story.
Aeicha
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophie Kinsella returns to her charming Fairy Mom and Me series with book two, Fairy In Waiting, which is just as delightful and sweet as the first one! Young readers will love diving into four more short but fun stories about Ella and her fairy mom. Kinsella cast a whimsical and fresh fairy spell with her captivating storytelling, silly humor, and dazzling fairy magic. I look forward to more books in this series!
Adriana
Here are a few things I enjoyed about this mother daughter story:
1. I loved the concept of a family of fairies (Ella's mom, aunt, and grandmother are all fairies) since I enjoy any magical element in the books I read.

2. Even if this isn't a writing aspect, the illustrations Marti Kiss contributed to the story were whimsical and wonderful to look at. That cover especially easily drew me into wanting to read this story.

3. I don't get to read that many stories with a positive mother-daughter storyl
Literary  Chanteuse
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mg-fantasy
This sequel is just as zany as the first book with spell disasters and fun, especially for all those who dream of fairy magic. Ella who is eager to become a fairy, just like her mother, manages to stir up mischief in each mini story. Her mother of course is right there alongside her stirring up her own amount along the way. A wonderful mother and daughter team that will keep the reader smiling and laughing. A fun read! 4.5 stars

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Mehsi
Mummy Fairy and Ella are back again. Four brand-new short stories filled with spells gone wrong, birthday parties, vacations, friendship, and more.

While I wasn’t entirely sure if I wanted to read it, see my review for the first book, I just couldn’t resist. And on the one hand I am happy I did, but on the other hand, I won’t be reading the third book. It just seems enormously stupid that the mum has had the wand for years, but yet is so inept at that she needs the help of her kid to fix things.
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairy in Waiting is the second book in the Fairy Mom and Me children's series.

I read both of these books with my niece (who is now 9). We both loved the first book so we were anxious to see what was in store for Ella and her mom.

The premise is this that the women in Ella's family can turn into fairies. But Ella's mom is not very good at magic. So mayhem ensues.

This book is made up of four short stories. My favorite was the third one (the ice cream story). My niece's favorite was the fourth one
Barbara
I'm sure many elementary school readers will love this book and this series because it's cool to imagine that someone's mother might be a fairy. But like some other reviewers, I found myself wondering why Ella Brook's mother is so incompetent when it comes to magic and to using her wand. Her spaciness seems odd to me. I also felt uncomfortable at her father's insistence that his wife hide her wand and not practice magic, which seems tantamount to having her hide her gifts. I liked the illustrati ...more
Em
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ella Brook has a secret. A secret so big that she can’t share it with anyone…ever. Ella’s mom is a fairy and Ella wants to be just like her. With her handy Computawand and just the right spell, Ella’s mom can stop the rain, perfectly braid Ella’s hair, and even empty a busy airport! The problem is that sometimes Ella’s mom can be a little forgetful and when that happens someone has to step in to save the day. Right?

Ella has watched all of her mom’s fairy classes on FairyTube and has memorized th
Doctordalek
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program.

It is so hard to describe this book! It seems like a very typical kids' book at first, but quickly becomes extremely imaginative and quirky. It is completely different than anything else by Sophie that I have ever read, but it is such a pleasure to read - and so surprising - that you just lose all sense of time while reading.

I don't want to give away any details of the stories, but I will say this: each cha
Lisa
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella Brook is back - you know her, the girl whose mother is fairy? Well, no one knows she's a fairy - Ella has to keep that a secret, but they sure get in a lot a trouble together, Ella and her mom. When Ella and her mom are trying to find a lost parrot, they get turned into monkeys, that was easy, turning them back is much more difficult. A new antique wardrobe that needs repair has a magic all its own, and a family vacation to Florida may be cancelled after Ella's mom disappears everyone and e ...more
Carol Lance
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Librarything and Penguin Random House for sending me a hard copy of the book for my honest review.

Sophie Kinsella returns to her charming Fairy Mom and Me series with book two, Fairy In Waiting, which is just as delightful and sweet as the first one! I have a hard time keeping the first copy on the shelf, students are loving it.

Ella wants to be a fairy just like the rest of the females in her family. She is getting a great deal of practice trying to help her mom fix her spells when the
Anu
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and humor story for all ages

Joyful read... I and my daughter,after reading Mummy fairy and me first book,were waiting for the second book to release... It's worth the wait... My daughter was so engrossed in reading each chapters and also engaged in solving the Puzzles at end of the book... We were laughing out loud when the mummy fairy magic fails and how the daughter fairy in waiting helps her out... My daughter could relate to the incidents happening inside it... And she was hoping
Lenoire
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Ella Brook knows that she has to wait to become a fairy like her mother. She can't wait to be a fairy to have her own sparkly wings and Computawand. Ella and her mother are put through four different situations where the help of magic would be helpful. However, will Ella learn she doesn't need magic to save the day?

I like the book was split up into four small short stories that can be read in a few minutes. The book has a lot of laughs out loud moments when Ella's mom tries to use magic but, ma
Clwseattle
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
I read BOTH Fairy Mom and Me #1 and Fairy Mom and Me #2: Fairy in Waiting today in one sitting.

They were not what I expected when I ordered them from our library. I thought I was getting cute 'young adult' novels. I was wrong. Although Amazon lists them as "Age Range: 7 - 10 years and Grade Level: 2 - 5" I disagree with that. I KNOW my 5yr old granddaughter is going to love, love, love these little story vignettes as much as I did! They are silly, funny, loving and kind.
Brandy
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one more than I thought I would - the premise doesn’t sound particularly original (a fairy mummy), but the illustrations are great and the stories are fun and creative (Violet and I especially liked the one with the wardrobe), with unique details (like the computawands). We’ll definitely be looking for others in the series.
Fiona
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: publisher-gift
A rather saccharine collection of four misadventures about a girl and her mother who is a fairy, I suspect this will be enthusiastically greeted by fans of the first book in the series. It is very readable but I find the concept is so cutesy that it feels almost satirical; so many sparkles and sprinkles.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher for review.
Zara Pemberton
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't work out if really liked it or too far fetched but Sophie Kinsella is how my daughter became Sophia. My husband thought I said Sophia when asking for my book and I finished this book in three sittings so must have been good. The three sittings were across three days, the 3rd being 4am!
Isha Varma
Liked it a LOT better than the first one.The stories are well-narrated and immensely gripping! The illustrations are brilliant! They also have these cute-little activities in the end which seemed quite fun.
Vivianne
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny!
Pippa
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-7-year-olds
Four different short stories. Kinsella's lovely sense of humour comes through.
Star
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, magic, kidlit
This was adorable.
A perfect sequel to the first book.
Jeimy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm sure younger reader may appreciate the bumbling antics of the Mummy Fairy, but I did not.
Melissa
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kids will love the silliness of this book.
Mary Elizabeth Morton
The perfect junior novel for your little sweeties who dream about fairies and magic. Lovely illustrations and an adorable cover to go along with them.
Rebecca Bayes
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My little girl really enjoyed me reading this to her at bedtime.
Kayla
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another cute installment of the Fairy series! Quick, great book for young readers.
Alex
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie Kinsella is my FAVORITE! I just love her books so much. "Fairy in Waiting" was worth all 5 stars, but I think this one is even cuter!!! 6/5 stars!!!

• Marge in Charge (Marge in Charge, #1)
  • The Shimmering Stone (The Rescue Princesses, #8)
  • Amelia Fang and the Unicorn Lords
  • Amelia Fang and the Memory Thief
  • Jake the Fake Goes for Laughs (Jake the Fake, #2)
  • Just Ask!: Be Different, Be Brave, Be You
  • Summer of '79: A Summer of '69 Story
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Isadora Moon Goes to the Ballet (Isadora Moon, #2)
  • I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived, #19)
  • The Naughtiest Unicorn
  • The Poe Estate (The Grimm Legacy, #3)
  • Isadora Moon Gets in Trouble
  • Isadora Moon Has a Sleepover
  • Isadora Moon Goes on Holiday
  • Ivy and the Goblins (Ivy, #2)
  • The Lost Lagoon (Seahorse Stars, #3)
  • The Naughtiest Unicorn and the School Disco (The Naughtiest Unicorn series)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin

Fairy Mom and Me (3 books)
  • Fairy Mom and Me