Start by marking “At the Heart of Christmas” as Want to Read:
At the Heart of Christmas

At the Heart of Christmas

Hiring him could be her best idea.
Or her worst mistake.

Quinn has inherited the farm and workshop that once housed the famous Hardwick Ornament Company. She invests everything in reopening her family’s business and hires glass artist Nolan Vesser, whose family used to design ornaments for hers, to work his creative magic.
After an accident burned Nolan’s studio to the
Published 2018 by Hallmark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about At the Heart of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At the Heart of Christmas

Julie Carpenter
Honestly, I want to watch this movie right now! It was such a cute storyline. I loved the characters. I loved the opening scene of Quinn as a little girl and getting a quick glimpse of what made her desire to save the family Christmas ornament company burn so brightly. Nolan was a great character and watching his overcoming a recent traumatic experience was sweet to watch. Sweet may not be the word that others would choose but for me it was sweet. It was hopeful, showing us readers that there is ...more
Jena Henry
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
For years, the Hardwick Ornament Company’s artisan glass blown ornaments were “must haves” for family Christmas trees. Two families, the Hardwicks and the Vessers had crafted the “heart of Christmas” at their small factory in New England.

Quinn Hardwick is the great-great-grandaughter of the founder. She has recently inherited the abandoned ornament company. She has also inherited the passion and vision needed to make her dream of resurrecting the ornament production come alive.

Nolan Vesser lives
Joy
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, hallmark
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is Quinn's starting over. Rebuilding her family's old Hardwick Ornament Company. Now all she needs is a glass-blower to create the stunning designs that everyone has come to love and expect.

Nolan has lost everything. A fire not only injured him but also left him without a place to work. When a will comes to light that he is the owner of Hardwick Ornament Company, Nolan travels to see his new property and maybe start over.
Gaele
Quinn Hardwick is one of the many Hardwicks of her generation, but the only one gifted with the connection to the family business: Hardwick Ornament Company, whose line featured hand-blown glass ornaments from its inception. Bequeathed the company, family farm house and outbuildings. But the company was shuttered in the 1960’s, and since she inherited Quinn has spent every penny in her vision, cleaning, planning and hoping to make a new start.

Nolan Vesser is one in a long line of glass blowers,
Dixie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this wholesome and family-friendly story. Quinn and Nolan were likeable characters and their character development began from each one's point of introduction. I liked that we weren't kept guessing about ulterior motives--it was all known to us, the readers. They are decent and hard-working people who come together with a common interest in restarting the Hardwick Ornament Company, but Quinn doesn't know that Nolan's interest is more than just as a hired artisan. The secondary characte ...more
Amber
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this ARC ebook from Netgalley, the author, and Hallmark publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Quinn Hardwick is excited to bring the Hardwick Ornament company back to life. When she hires glassblower and designer Nolan Vesser to make the ornaments for her, Nolan accepts all in all keeping a secret that will break her heart. Will he reveal the secret to her or keep his distance? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good Christmas story abou
Elsie Davis
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story. Nolan has been through a lot and Quinn ....well, she's Quinn. Wonderful person through and through and the perfect person to help Nolan through troubling times. #attheheartofchristmas #netgalley #sweetromance
Lisa
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
At the Heart of Christmas is a charming romance. The main characters are likable and the quirky relatives add humor and wisdom to the story. Quinn and Nolan make a great couple who eventually get their HEA. The plot has some interesting twists. The dialogue is natural. I was interested in the glass-blowing process that's explained through one light-hearted scene. This is a great book to enjoy over the holidays or really, any time at all. I received an ARC. I chose to write a review and share my ...more
Lauren loves llamas
So, this is a Hallmark story, so you can pretty much guess what you’re getting. It’s adorably sweet, suitable for all ages, and pretty low angst. All in all, if you’re in the mood for a comforting holiday read, this will fit the bill!

“Your family big on Christmas, then?”
Now it became her turn to laugh. “At the Hardwick Ornament Company, Christmas doesn’t just come once a year. It’s a way of life.”

After the death of her grandfather, Quinn has inherited the family Hardwick Ornament Company, once f
Kristin
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I fell in love with At the Heart of Christmas from the first page… and I also grew to admire two people who could be the answer to each other of everything they ever dreamed possible – or the worst nightmare situation imaginable.

Nolan and Quinn’s family once created the most beautiful Christmas ornaments. Now Quinn is giving everything she has money, time, love and devotion to bringing that company back to life. Hiring Nolan, a gifted glassblower himself, just like h
Heather
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Because this is a Hallmark published novel there is no sex and no cursing in this book. If you don't prefer those things in a book you do not have to worry.

At The Heart Of Christmas reads like a Hallmark Christmas movie and that is a total compliment – it is everything a person could want in a holiday story. If you love a sweet happily ever after, you're going to love this book.

Quinn Hardwick's goal in life is to bring her family's ornament factory back to it's former glory. Nolan Vesser has l
C.E. Hart
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, hallmark
A 2018 Favorite!

Hiring him could be her best idea. Or her worst mistake.

Don’t you just love it when a story grabs your heart, refusing to let go? That’s what this Hallmark Christmas romance does, so open your heart and enjoy a rich, sentimental tale by Jill Monroe!

At the Heart of Christmas packages up heart, tradition, and favorite places and ties them together with a ribbon of love. What a treat!

I love the alternating points of view between Nolan Vesser and Quinn Hardwick, and how the charact
Ellen White
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AT THE HEART OF CHRISTMAS Jill Monroe
Hardwick Ornamental Company use to do a thriving business, now doors only opened to the family a few times a year. His granddaughter Quinn asks, what it takes to run a place like this, saying,’a dream has to live inside you’. Asking if she was a dreamer, replying that she was, and maybe it would open again. He left it to her, now she is a travel agent. Dreams, and ideas she did have, and maybe a mini museum of the old attic items. The key is to find an expert
claire jones
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quinn believes she has inherited the family ornament business and is make the company great again. Hiring Nolan, a glass blower, whose family once worked alongside the Hardwicks, she has no idea of the secret he carries that could cause her dreams to come crashing to the ground.
This book is sweet romance about love and forgiveness, how secrets have a way of being found out. Quinn is a gorgeous character whose determination to succeed comes through everything she does. She watches You Tube how to
Maria Thomas
4.5 stars Clean, sweet story

I enjoyed this book. It was well written and a sweet story that encompasses love and forgiveness. I liked the main characters although I did get a little irked with Nolan for not being straight forward earlier. I recognize that it was the conflict of the story but I felt like it went on just a little too long so there was just a little drag in there.

I enjoyed Quinn's family and the small town surrounding her. Gram made me want to go out and get fun earrings.

Since th
Kayla
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for giving me this book to read in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion.

At the Heart of Christmas shows us that Christmastime is all about love and forgiveness. It can also be a great time for new beginnings. I thought this was a sweet and heartwarming story. I would love to see all the ornaments that Quinn and Nolan end up creating together! Maybe this year Hallmark will release some of Quinn and Nolan's ornaments
Amy
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I couldn't put this book down and read it all in one sitting! It is the perfect Hallmark holiday romance! I hope they make it into a movie someday.

Quinn Hardwick inherits her family's glass ornament company and decides to make it a reality once again. Her enthusiasm was tangible. She hires Nolan Vessar a glassmaker descended from the original company glassmaker who unbeknownst to her also has discovered a claim on the company. Their evolving romance was charming and had me laughing several time
Donna
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quinn Hardwick has a dream of reopening her family ornament business someday. She must find a glassblower/artist to help design and produce the ornaments. She is able to persuade one of the original artist’s descendants, Nolan Vesser, to come to the Northeast to possibly join in the effort. Nolan has had a devastating experience in his life and is not sure if he will be able to work again. He also has a secret that could devastate the Hardwick family, especially Quinn. A sweet Hallmark story tha ...more
Lori R
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this cute, Christmas story about the Hardwick Ornament Company that seems to have two owners both related to the original company. I liked Quinn Hardwick who is hardworking and gave up everything to make her dream of reopening the ornament company come true. I also really liked Nolan Vesser who lost everything when his home and workplace went up in smoke. Bethany, Massachusetts is the perfect small town with quaint shops and everybody knows everything. What is not to like about Re ...more
Cathy Jackson
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At the Heart of Christmas is a charming book that features everything we love about a Hallmark Christmas. From page one you are instantly drawn into the world Jill Monroe is creating, and this book won't let you go. Quinn and Nolan are sweet are the sweetest, most caring people I have ever read. They have sacrificed so that others may have, and that makes them tops in my book. The ending is so sweet and perfect. I'm so glad I had the chance to read this book.

Thanks to Net Galley and Hallmark Pu
Barbara
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story based on a Hallmark movie, of an inheritance passed down by two families. When this comes to light it brings issues that complicate the relationship that is forming between Quinn and Nolan. They have talents that complement the other. Both Quinn and Nolan are fighting demons in their lives and are reluctant to share their problems. But as the relationship develops the attraction becomes hard to fight. I love this story and it being set at Christmas time makes it even better!
Marlene
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful way to start off the beginning of the holidays! This book is sweet and meaningful, especially during the Christmas Season. The cover depicts the story; the heart of the book is great; and, I loved the writing by this author. She has such depth to her characters and the topic is new and fresh. Making ornaments may sound simple but I’ve watched glass blowing and am amazed at the art and technique. Ms. Monroe “talked” about this art-form and I enjoyed every moment of it. Thanks for ...more
Judy
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At the Heart of Christmas is definitely a feel good, happily ever after romance. I loved the characters. Both Quinn and Nolan have fears. Together they overcome the fears and make their hopes come true.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own.
Jeannie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet, new beginnings, story in true Hallmark style. I enjoyed reading it but was sometimes annoyed by Nolan. I loved the descriptive writing of the author and the glass blowing process. I would love to see Hallmark have a series of the ornaments they created. this is a beautiful Christmas read. I voluntarily reviewed a copy I received from NetGalley.
Karen Roma
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the Heart of Christmas is the epitome of a Hallmark moment. Quinn and Nolan’s romance is heartfelt and endearing and the circumstances surrounding their initially meeting seems somewhat fated. Ms Monroe paints a beautiful visual of the craft of glassworking, and touches on the difficulty faced by sufferers of PTSD. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Tracy Fritts
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book is a wonderful. Christmas read. I enjoyed reading about these two characters and the storyline tan smoothly.
Thank you Hallmark Publishing via Netgalley for an ARC copy of this book. This is my honest opinion of this book.
Irene Langston-Butler
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved holiday books and this a good that captures your attention. The characters and the town are wonderfully written. Nolan and Quinn are just right for each other, but I loved Gram she is so much fun.
Jen
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the Heart of Christmas was such an enjoyable read.

Great writing, nice characters and a fantastic plot. All the things I like in a story.

Jill Monroe did a wonderful job creating a lovely Christmas story.

*ARC provided by Hallmark Publishing*
Pat
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with a well written storyline and characters that were very likable, believable and engaging! As I turned each page I really enjoyed how Quinn and Nolan's relationship evolved which kept me totally enthralled until the very last page!
« previous 1 3 next »
I credit my interest in writing romance to my grandmother. She gave me my first Harlequin to read during the hot summer days I spent on my grandparent's acreage in rural Oklahoma.

Immediately I was hooked!!!

Over the years, I would pick up a pen and write down ideas, but it wasn't until I joined Romance Writers of America and then Oklahoma Romance Writers did I become serious. During that time, I c