Start by marking “Support Your Local Pug” as Want to Read:
Support Your Local Pug

Support Your Local Pug

(A Pet Palace Mystery #2)

"Buckingham Pet Palace may provide services fit for a four-legged king, but theres no use crying over spilled kibblenot unless it leads to murder! When a break-in at the Pet Palace robs Sue Patrick of more than her beauty sleep, she intends to tidy her ransacked doggy daycare and spa before making any rash decisions. But after Sue abandons her better instincts to rescue a ...more
Published August 28th 2018 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Support Your Local Pug, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Support Your Local Pug

Linda
I enjoy all things pet-related in the Pet Palace Cozy series. The returning cast of characters in book two is enjoyable, and I love protagonist Sue Patrick’s schnauzer, Abby. Lady Anthea’s presence livens up the scenes as I get to know her better.

The writing in the first third of this story seemed disjointed and, therefore, confusing. The last half was better. I definitely enjoyed the debut book much better. However, the plot of Support Your Local Pug does have interesting moments via the myster
Tari
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this second installment in this series, especially the cute Pug that turned out to be central in the story line. I got to visit Lewes, DE again on pages, but the more I hear about it, the more I would love to visit it for real, since unlike a lot of cozy mystery settings, it's a real place.

What starts out as a murder mystery for Sue and her business partner/new friend Lady Anthea, may also turn into a case of dognapping. With her good friend the police chief John Turner somewha
JoAn
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery
Support Your Local Pug by Lane Stone was a good addition to this cozy series but not as good as the first book in this series.

Sue Patrick is called to Buckingham's Pet Palace early one morning due to a break-in. On her way to the store Chief John turner calls her about another problem. It only gets more complicated with several threads spinning out from there. The plot was slower paced this time but that could be because of the different mystery threads that seemed to happen at the beginning. I
RO G'ma
Support Your Local Pug is the second book in Lane Stone’s Pet Palace Mystery series. I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the previous one. I think there are too many named characters, the plot was somewhat confusing, and the storyline didn’t flow smoothly. I would recommend reading the first book in this series, Stay Calm and Collie On, before reading this one and even then, you might find yourself confused.

Sue Patrick and Lady Anthea Fitzwalter are the owners of an upscale doggy daycare and spa
Ann
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in the Pet Palace Mystery series and is easily read as a stand alone. This story features an abandoned Pug on the lighthouse just off shore of Lewes, Delaware. Book 1, Stay calm and Collie on introduces us to Sue and Lady Agatha who own the Buckingham Pet Palace, a boutique pet store supplying tourists and locals in the small beach community. Someone breaks into the shop and while Sue and the sheriff are investigating the robbery and rescuing the Pug, someone drops off a dead body ...more
Patty
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Support Your Local Pug by Lane Stone is the 2nd book in A Pet Palace Mystery series.
Sue Patrick is the owner of Pet Palace, an upscale doggy daycare and spa, who caters to the rich clients in Lewes, Delaware. Sue gets a call during the night because someone has broken in. Shortly after that Sue helps rescue a pug that was abandon at a lighthouse island. When she finally gets home that night, there is a murdered body dumped on her driveway. What is going on? Sue is determined to get to the botto
Raven
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
A bit convoluted with the dog napping/breeding & pet food theft. Some loose ends in the story.
Kathy
Sue Patrick and Lady Anthea Fitzwalter are co-owners of a doggy daycare/spa, Buckingham Pet Palace in the seaside town of Lewes, Delaware. In this book, Anthea is visiting Sue, and will teach a few doggie classes while there. Just before Anthea arrives, Buckingham Pet Palace is broken into, and some gourmet dog food is stolen. In addition, about the same time, someone dumps a pug at the town lighthouse, which Sue and the local sheriff rescue. Next, the thief moves on to Sue’s house, where a loca ...more
Crittermom
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fresh, fun and never formulaic, Lane Stone’s Buckingham Pet Palace mysteries are always a delightful read. Sue Patrick and Lady Anthea Fitzwalter are well matched, easily up to the task whether it be running their business or tracking down a murderer. And their newest case may be the most complex yet.

Support Your Local Pug begins with a Gordian knot of events occurring one after the other. There is a break- in at Buckingham Pet Palace. A pug is discovered at an uninhabited lighthouse. While Sue
Barbara Tobey
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delight to be back at the Pet Place (I mean Palace). A light, entertaining and enjoyable series. Yes, it contains some serious happenings and subjects, touched upon but not dwelt on. As a bit of an Anglophile the Lady from England character adds special meaning for me. Light hints of romance, but all done with fun, not steam. I look forward to reading the next one in this series. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
AnnMarie
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading about 25% in. I didn’t read the first book so that may be why I found this story too disjointed. There was a robbery, abandoned dog and a murder all within the first few pages. I thought the story would flesh out soon after but it just was too much at times. I gave it an extra star because I absolutely love the cover.
Randall Wisehart
I liked the major characters but some of the supporting characters needed more development.
The plot was fine for a cozy but a little predictable.
My main issue is with the writing. In places, especially the first half of the book, I had to read some sentences twice and even then did not always understand.
I liked the first book in the series better.
Peggy
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Support your local pug

This is the second book in Lane Stone's,Pet Palace mysteries.

I have fallen in love with this series.

The characters are fun and likeable,and you never see the ending coming.

Plus their fun reads.

Can't wait for book three,to see what Sue and Pet Palace crew is up to
C.A. Rowland
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really fun read. Lane weaves in the clues and keeps the action going throughout. Love Lady A and the antics of the dogs while Sue is on the case. Add in a dash of the relationship with the local cop and you've got a great beach or rainy/sunny day read.
Raquel Cortes
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a mother of a pug, I love everything with pugs on it, so of course, I had to read this book. The cover is adorable. Support Your Local Pug is a funny, quick mystery. I didn't read the first book in the series but it wasn't hard to catch up and enjoy it.
Valerie R.
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great mystery.

Lane Stone creates wonderful mysteries with a cast characters that care each other and care about dogs, and love working together to provide a loving palace for many dogs.
Gabrielle David
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It helps to have read the first book in the series. I enjoyed it, though there was more romance than I usually like. The dogs were my favorite part. I will read the next in the series.

I received an ARC from NetGalley to review. #NetGalley #SupportYourLocalPug
loretta
This is the first book I read in this series and enjoyed the characters but there were soooooh many of them along with plot lines that you know were connected but it seemed a bit frenetic. I didn’t love it enough to read book 1.
Gwen
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love pugs and I am owned by two pugs and this book was a great story, good for a quick read over the weekend. I have never read any stories by this author, but I am so glad I did.
Christine
Did not enjoy this book. Too many unnecessary named characters and too complicated a plot
Lisa Elizabeth
Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot. I really like the characters and the town. I found some of the tying up of loose ends a bit clumsy.
Kristin
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snickering and trying to keep from laughing out loud when I read this. Very funny! Great book!
Clare O'Beara
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: america-crime, dogs
The first half of the mystery sets up various scenes around the town of Lewes, out in the harbour and back to town where a dog boarding kennel is the main theme. I enjoyed the first book which brought the co-owner a titled English lady to town. Her resourceful friend is the other owner and now the business is broken into and pet food bags stolen.

I wish the author didn't keep the stiff formality of a character's title going; this gets pointless and she should be addressed by her first name or su
Anne B. Caprio
Dec 17, 2018
Doris Blake
Jun 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Lane Stone is a native Atlantan. She, her husband, Larry Korb, and their dog, Abby, live in Alexandria, VA during the week and in Lewes, DE on the weekend. Lewes is the setting of her new cozy mystery series, Buckingham Pet Palace mysteries.

Her volunteer work includes media & communications for the Delaware River & Bay Lighthouse Foundation. She’s on the Political Science Advisory Board o

A Pet Palace Mystery (3 books)
  • Stay Calm and Collie On (A Pet Palace Mystery #1)
  • Changing of the Guard Dog (A Pet Palace Mystery #3)